PDA

View Full Version : As A Dallas Maverick fan I take no Pride in tonights win

MavTalker
12-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I will take no pride in tonights win over the Duncan less Spurs and I would hope you Spur fans would not take pride in winning a game against a Dirk less Dallas maverick team. Even though it would be hard for the Spurs to beat the Mavericks without Dirk on the team we have more than one star, but that is another topic. I just wanted to say "As A Dallas Maverick fan I take no Pride in tonights win."

:toast

lefty
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
bump

mavsfan1000
12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I take no pride in a mavs loss either. Dallas is known to not take wounded teams so seriously. It's a long season so it does make sense.

lurker
12-05-2007, 08:25 PM
The 07-08 Mavs love to lose to teams that are missing one of their stars.

freemeat
12-05-2007, 08:29 PM
First, can't you only have "pride" in a victory if your a member of the team?

Second, and more important though, isn't this the kind of mentality that plagues the Maverick's franchise? Maybe the team has trouble in the playoffs and against "wounded" teams (as you stated) because they think they've won before they've even dressed for the game.

MavTalker
12-05-2007, 08:35 PM
You have a point after all it's only the regular season unless your a Spurs fan and you beat the Dallas Mavericks and then all of a sudden it's huge win it's a game that showed the NBA world who if worthy to represent Texas in the playoffs!

MavTalker
12-05-2007, 08:45 PM
First, can't you only have "pride" in a victory if your a member of the team?

So according to your back woods simple mind of thinking...if your child happens to hit a home run and his team wins the little league world series you can't be proud of him since your old moon sh9ine making ass was not an actual member of the team?
What trailer park gave you internet access to make such a back woods statement?

Second, and more important though, isn't this the kind of mentality that plagues the Maverick's franchise? Maybe the team has trouble in the playoffs and against "wounded" teams (as you stated) because they think they've won before they've even dressed for the game.

Put down the Bong and open a window and think back to 1998 when the rest of the NBA was saying the same thing about the Spurs and look how that year turned out! The only difference between the 2008 Dallas Mavericks and the 1999 San Antonio Spurs is we won't have an * on the season!

:wakeup

freemeat
12-05-2007, 08:52 PM
So according to your back woods simple mind of thinking...if your child happens to hit a home run and his team wins the little league world series you can't be proud of him since your old moon sh9ine making ass was not an actual member of the team?

Sorry, I didn't realize you were Dirk Nowitzki's father.

Put down the Bong and open a window and think back to 1998 when the rest of the NBA was saying the same thing about the Spurs and look how that year turned out! The only difference between the 2008 Dallas Mavericks and the 1999 San Antonio Spurs is we won't have an * on the season!

Let's talk about me putting down my bong when the Mavs have won four (fuck it...three will do).

jmard5
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I will take no pride in tonights win over the Duncan less Spurs and I would hope you Spur fans would not take pride in winning a game against a Dirk less Dallas maverick team. Even though it would be hard for the Spurs to beat the Mavericks without Dirk on the team we have more than one star, but that is another topic. I just wanted to say "As A Dallas Maverick fan I take no Pride in tonights win."

And as a Spurs fan, I say just sit down and enjoy the game. You worry too much, dude.

You have nothing to bring on the table.

And, oh, by the way... SpursTalk rules, mavs fan.

RobinsontoDuncan
12-05-2007, 09:32 PM
no one cares whether or not you, as a dallas mavericks fan, take pride in a win tonight here on spurstalk. Honestly, no one cares.

do you guys think any of us honestly give two shits what dallas fans have to say about anything?

RobinsontoDuncan
12-05-2007, 09:37 PM

seriously man, i think your missing the concept.... do you realize the sheer stupidity of coming to a spurs forum and announcing to the world how you'll react to the mavericks winning this game?

i guess your under the assumption that that's why everyone comes to spurstalk.... to read how much pride mavstalker takes in basketball games

vander
12-05-2007, 09:56 PM
seriously man, i think your missing the concept.... do you realize the sheer stupidity of coming to a spurs forum and announcing to the world how you'll react to the mavericks winning this game?

i guess your under the assumption that that's why everyone comes to spurstalk.... to read how much pride mavstalker takes in basketball games

perspective man.

the average Mav troll IS going to take pride in this win and will come in here and try to talk shit afterwards, I'm thankful for the level-headed Mav fan

mouse
12-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize you were Dirk Nowitzki's father.

You didn't hear me choking?

mouse
12-05-2007, 10:09 PM
perspective man.

the average Mav troll IS going to take pride in this win and will come in here and try to talk shit afterwards, I'm thankful for the level-headed Mav fan

Finally a post of reason! You must be old school!

:smokin

mavs>spurs2
12-05-2007, 10:10 PM
no one cares whether or not you, as a dallas mavericks fan, take pride in a win tonight here on spurstalk. Honestly, no one cares.

do you guys think any of us honestly give two shits what dallas fans have to say about anything?

You took the time to respond..twice

You care.

greyforest
12-05-2007, 10:17 PM
so you should DEFINITELY take no pride in tonights loss then right

ehz33satx
12-05-2007, 11:01 PM
You have a point after all it's only the regular season unless your a Spurs fan and you beat the Dallas Mavericks and then all of a sudden it's huge win it's a game that showed the NBA world who if worthy to represent Texas in the playoffs!

Whether we win or lose against the Mavs tonight, in all honesty, its just another game in the long grind that is an NBA season. Whenever the Spurs win a game, there are no high fives, no screaming and jumping about, nor confetti from the rafters, or even marching bands. All of which the Mavs would bust out if they beat the Spurs, and you know this, man!

Viva Las Espuelas
12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
you guys don't have the mental capabilities of becoming a champion.

Jimcs50
12-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Pride?

How about shame?

:lol

SAGambler
So I suppose you got to see the Dirk man choke yet again when it mattered.

Mr.Bottomtooth
As A Dallas Maverick fan I take no Pride in tonights win

WHA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

debo
12-05-2007, 11:23 PM
at the end of the day all this was is a spurs regular season when over a rival. be glad we could pull it off without TD, but lets not go crazy

mavsfan1000
12-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Fuck man Dallas loses again. It looks like we are becoming a mediocre team.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-05-2007, 11:27 PM
This win means next to nothing, but damn it feels good :lmao

Snaq O'Meal
12-05-2007, 11:27 PM
As a Spurs fan, I take extreme pride in tonights win!

Holt's Cat
12-05-2007, 11:28 PM

VinnyTestesVerde
12-05-2007, 11:29 PM
i just take this as a nice regular season win for the spurs. nice win without 21. if we had lost...big deal. No reason to read to much into a regular season win or loss with the match up as it was.

Mavs could have gone 82-0 this season and I personally wouldn't have batted an eye until I saw them finally grow a pair in the playoffs.

BonnerDynasty
12-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Terry needs to get choke slammed.

phyzik
12-05-2007, 11:55 PM
The whole Mavericks organization needs to get choke slammed.

fixed.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-05-2007, 11:57 PM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaat

Sweetey
12-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Terry needs to get choke slammed.
AND castrated !! Sorry, dirty bastard !!

m33p0
12-06-2007, 12:03 AM

You don't have to worry. Mavs lost. You can take that so-called pride and shove it up where the sun don't shine.
:p:

ManuAddicted
Sorry guy but...

Your team has Noringzki, and no one has won anything in his choking life.

If you want to have a ring, find and hire a player that have enough balls and desire to win.

Like the man who's in my avatar.

phyzik
http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/fail.gif

=RTM=
12-06-2007, 12:07 AM
You don't have to worry. Mavs lost. You can take that so-called pride and shove it up where the sun don't shine.

:lmao

RACK!

MavTalker
12-06-2007, 12:12 AM
I stand corrected!

This Spurs team has something I wish we had in Dallas!

props to the Spurs and the SpursTlak posters here in this topic who had faith in their players.

all 2 of you...............

Guajalote
12-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Even though this was only one game in the wins column and the season is too long to get too excited about one win or loss,

this is the kind of team onions it takes to win championships.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x309/Guajalote/onions.jpg

freemeat
12-06-2007, 12:27 AM
I stand corrected!

props to the Spurs and the SpursTlak posters here in this topic who had faith in their players.

Go back to your home on Whore Island!

MaNuMaNiAc
12-06-2007, 12:31 AM

Xylus
12-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Sorry guy but...

Your team has Noringzki, and no one has won anything in his choking life.

If you want to have a ring, find and hire a player that have enough balls and desire to win.

Like the man who's in my avatar.
What the fuck?

You act like you're responsible for paying Ginobili millions of dollars to play for the Spurs, or that this random dude is responsible for not trading Nowitzki. Get off your high horse and stop acting like you're entitled to some respect because the organization you have no involvement with is a successful one.

Duncan
12-06-2007, 12:38 AM
EAT YOUR!.................

http://www.buni.org/mediawiki/images/d/d3/Crow.jpg

ATXSPUR
12-06-2007, 12:39 AM
I love it when premature ejacuation threads are incorrect.

Big Worm
12-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Fuck Da Spurs

Pat na!

Indazone
12-06-2007, 12:54 AM
:lol You know..I read this post and this picture comes to mind

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/bexcelant/miller_with_no_ball08.jpg

milkyway21
12-06-2007, 12:55 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img10514749.jpg..I've nothing else to say.

mouse
12-06-2007, 01:00 AM
I love it when premature ejacuation threads are incorrect.

^ RACK! :lmao

Indazone
12-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Anyone dumb enough to start a thread like this before the game has even started and then gets completely owned deserves all the ridicule possible.

ManuAddicted
12-06-2007, 01:06 AM
What the fuck?

You act like you're responsible for paying Ginobili millions of dollars to play for the Spurs, or that this random dude is responsible for not trading Nowitzki. Get off your high horse and stop acting like you're entitled to some respect because the organization you have no involvement with is a successful one.

Yeah, I'm the guy who gave Pop Manu's videos :downspin:

jmard5
12-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Anyone dumb enough to start a thread like this before the game has even started and then gets completely owned deserves all the ridicule possible.

Poor soul. I see he has the "MavTalk rules!" sig.

I checked out their site and it was kinda pretty quiet... except for some clamoring for a Dirk-Kobe trade to be done ASAP.

ATX Spur
12-06-2007, 01:27 AM
Just a W in December, but I will still laugh my ass off at the Mavs tonight.

EjaculateMeElmo
12-06-2007, 01:47 AM
Fuck yeah. Spurs win. :hungry:

TampaDude
12-06-2007, 01:52 AM

Do you take pride in the loss, then??? :lol

sa_kid20
12-06-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm just glad the game sold out so i could get my Jack in the Box coupon! :hungry:

Mavs08
12-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Rack the SPURS!

dav4463
12-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Fuck man Dallas loses again. It looks like we are becoming a mediocre team.

Mavs have become the Jazz of the 80's and early 90's.

travis2
12-06-2007, 08:03 AM
I stand corrected!

ummmmm...2?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82765

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Fuck Da Spurs

Pat na!
:lmao

Indazone
12-06-2007, 08:42 PM
:lol You know..I read this post and this picture comes to mind

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/bexcelant/miller_with_no_ball08.jpg

hack hack..choke! Cough Cough! Choke Choke!!

Lance
12-06-2007, 10:40 PM
ummmmm...2?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82765

Dam your old school fool!
:smokin

smrattler
12-07-2007, 01:22 AM
Followed up a loss to the Duncanless Spurs with a loss to the Nuggets tonight at home.

I don't know, I like it better when they got all of their wins before June so not sure how I feel about this.