PDA

View Full Version : Jeff McDonald: Ginobili is in, Duncan is healing, 50-50 for Friday

Spurs Brazil
12-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Jeff McDonald: Ginobili is in, Duncan is healing
Manu Ginobili's availability was considered a game-time decision for the Spurs tonight against Dallas. That decision has come down.

Ginobili is in.

The Spurs' super sub had been nursing a sore left index finger that kept him out of Tuesday's practice, but he will play tonight. His team can certainly use him, with Tim Duncan already poised to sit with a sprained ankle.

"He was very adamant," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said of Ginobili. "When a player is that adamant, he's probably ready to go."

At least Ginobili is being smart with his injury. When he was using his Blackberry to send a text message from the locker room before the game, he let his right index finger do the talking.

As for Duncan, he appeared to be walking normally when he arrived at the arena tonight and seems to be in line for a speedy recovery.

Popovich says Duncan is "50-50" for the Spurs' next game Friday against Utah.

"He will probably be ready to play after that," Popovich said.
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2007/12/jeff_mcdonald_g_4.html

loveforthegame
12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Good to hear Duncan might be ready for the Utah game.

carina_gino20
12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
good news. thanks :)

Bruno
12-05-2007, 08:46 PM
I hope Duncan won't be come back too soon.

I think that there are no risk with his knee because you can't really re-injured a bruise. However, playing on a bad ankle could be more problematic and he could sprain his ankle again, if he comes back too soon, like he did in 2005.

If his ankle is at 100% for Friday, I see no reason for him to miss this game.

exstatic
12-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Sean said on the telecast he will probably play Friday, and he seems pretty plugged in.