PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass Seems to Have Something Against Spurs Broadcasts

Kent_in_Atlanta
12-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Why the F#*K do we have to listen to the opposing team's announcers night after night??!! It seems like maybe one out of every 4 or 5 Spurs games on League Pass actually carries the Spurs feed!!

One of the Timberwolves announcers at the end of the Spurs 15 point win actually said he thought the difference in the game was the officiating. Yes... he was serious. :drunk

Last game against Portland, we had to listen to the TBlazers announces whine about how rough the Spurs were playing. :depressed

Tonight, I have to listen to the Mavericks announcers talk about how the Mavs have dominated the Spurs lately. As though tonight's game is supposed to mean anything.

I can't take anymore. I'm literally forced to mute the television to quell the urge to put a bullet in my brain.

Why can't League Pass simply always carry the feed of the home team?? That would make it entirely fair for all transplanted fans who pay good money to watch their team.

vander
12-05-2007, 10:21 PM
When Ginobili goes right he's just looking for contact
Ginobili wasn't looking to shoot that he was just looking for the foul
Ginobili just threw himself into the body of Dampier on that play
As I said before when Ginobili goes right he's really just looking to draw the foul.

:lol

duncan228
12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I muted them.

After so many years of League Pass and so few Spurs call games I've learned who I can listen to and who I can't.
It was obvious from the opening that it wasn't going to be pleasant listening to them.

Kent_in_Atlanta
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I muted them.

After so many years of League Pass and so few Spurs call games I've learned who I can listen to and who I can't.
It was obvious from the opening that it wasn't going to be pleasant listening to them.

I did the same. It's unbearable.

Spurs1234
12-05-2007, 11:22 PM
The seattle announcers are bad as well, they really trash the spurs. but yeah, that line vs. Minn where the announcer said it came down to officiating, I thought it came down to the 15-0 run in the 4th quarter, almost all comprised of shots from the field. guess i was wrong.

easjer
12-05-2007, 11:30 PM
We muted it. There was no way in hell I was going to listen to a Mavs team announcer.

Yeah...

Much better that way.

Though sometimes it's fun to hear the other announcers - the worst I've ever heard was the Rockets team and that got laughably bad. Lots of fun in the blog that night. I like your idea of the home team's announcers, though.

BeerIsGood!
12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
The Mavs' guys weren't too bad, of course they're going to be homers just like Sean and Bill. They don't know much about basketball, but to me they really didn't trash the Spurs players and mostly talked from a Mavs standpoint and about Mavs players. They said a lot of complimentary things about the Spurs.

That said, I'm sick of always getting the other teams feed. The main reason is that I really enjoy Sean and Bill and find them hilarious and informative, and it's obvious that the home team's feed should always be used. Does anyone know of a complaint avenue for NBA LP?

Avitus1
12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Yea. I got league pass for this game and I was disappointed to see Mavs announcers today. I hated all the Mavs commercials, and all the BS associated with the game tonight. Damn I would of loved to hear Elliot tonight.

dimsah
12-05-2007, 11:37 PM
I didn't have near as much of a problem with the Mav's announcers like I did Portland's the other night, but I still wish I could get a Spurs broadcast more than once in a blue moon.

Obstructed_View
12-05-2007, 11:40 PM
I just thought it was funny that Brad Davis thought Manu should have been called for a flagrant against Dampier when Terry pulled him out of the air. They were actually pretty good tonight; Brad Davis knows as little about basketball as any former pro I've ever seen.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 02:43 AM
Because your team announcers are just TERRIBLE!!! especially Sean Elliott.

Excuse me, you're wanted somewhere near the top of the forum.

xamila rey
12-06-2007, 02:45 AM
:blah
Excuse me, you're wanted somewhere near the top of the forum.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 02:46 AM
wtf?

I don't understand these masochist Spurs fans..Anyway even if Duncan and Ginogoblin were playing, the Mavs would have kicked your sorry asses (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2103876&postcount=16)

You were saying?

SenorSpur
12-06-2007, 02:46 AM

.....and so is your team.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 02:48 AM
So then you're retracting your "kicked your sorry asses" statement?

BeerIsGood!
12-06-2007, 02:49 AM
Do you realized you were really lucky?

Dallas completely dominated the Spurs...

Fluke win...

:rollin

The team that was down 10 late in the 4th was dominating the game? Is this another one of the trolls from some long time poster or is this nick legit?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 02:51 AM
:rollin

The team that was down 10 late in the 4th was dominating the game? Is this another one of the trolls from some long time poster or is this nick legit?

The fluke thing might be a Dynasty brewing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 02:52 AM
http://dunamai.com/Humor/BagdadBob/images/bagdad_bob_large.gif

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 02:53 AM
They actually did.

I understand the concept of wins is lost on a *checks standings* 9-11 team, but try to keep up.

The W is a good thing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 02:55 AM
http://www.appetites.us/1animalhouse508.jpeg

"Remain calm, all is well. Mavs won!"

anakha
12-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Down ten and almost came back if it wasn't for a Nowitzki miss, you would be crying like a little bitch right now.

Says the guy who keeps coming back under alternate nicks to bitch about the Spurs.

But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you louis?

Manudona
12-06-2007, 03:02 AM
The funny thing is that apparently the NBA knows what is your team so it feeds you the other team's announcers, look as how the Mav's are complaining they've got the Spur's announcers!!!!!

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=736675&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=48

BeerIsGood!
12-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Down ten and almost came back if it wasn't for a Nowitzki miss, you would be crying like a little bitch right now.

As opposed to you actually stating that the Mavs dominated the game that they were losing during most of the 2nd half? The Spurs relaxed because they knew it was in the bag.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 03:05 AM
What do you want to prove?

This first of all...

Anyway even if Duncan and Ginogoblin were playing, the Mavs would have kicked your sorry asses

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 03:06 AM
And King...

By doing this, you'll make life around here much easier on yourself.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=7

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 03:07 AM
Because you can believe I'll be right back here until the Spurs win 24 games in the next few weeks, which will make it mathematically impossible for them to finish at .500 by the end of January.

Save yourself the frustration now. Just rid me of your posts.

anakha
12-06-2007, 03:09 AM
LOL, you are like a scratch record always with the same shit...
What do you want to prove?

:lol at louis for both avoiding the issue and bringing the "same shit" argument when all he does is bitch about the Spurs.

anakha
12-06-2007, 04:10 AM
you are an idiot!

With such wit and brevity, there's absolutely no way you can lose that bet you made and be forced to stop posting here. :rolleyes

anakha
12-06-2007, 04:24 AM
what bet idiot?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2103183

I will take the bet but not on a 12 game losing streak.

Games in December (minus the Portland game) (11 Games total)

If they lose 50% or more you will stop posting no need for banning my screen name (I will create a new one if this happens)

If they win 50% of their games or more I will STOP posting.

They need to win at least 6 games for me to stop posting.

Deal or no deal?

You're on, asswipe.

Evidently, short-term memory owns you on top of everything else. :lol

Looking forward to seeing you eat your words... unless you wuss out and just create a new nick again.

jman3000
12-06-2007, 04:31 AM
:lol

anakha
12-06-2007, 04:34 AM
I didn't know they already won 6 games...?

Evidently, you even need my posts explained to you. :lol

Bet was made and accepted.

1 game down, 5 to go...

Getting scared yet? :devil

anakha
12-06-2007, 04:36 AM
Isn't too late already for you...?

Go play with your power rangers kiddo

:lmao at louis avoiding the issue again.

With some incredibly weak smack, too. :lol

Kent_in_Atlanta
12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
The funny thing is that apparently the NBA knows what is your team so it feeds you the other team's announcers, look as how the Mav's are complaining they've got the Spur's announcers!!!!!

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=736675&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=48

I don't doubt that fans of other teams feel this way as well. So I ask the question again (not that any of us have an answer)... why the hell can't they simply use the home team's feed every time?? It would be completely fair, and no fan would feel they're getting the short end of the stick.

Jimcs50
12-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Why the F#*K do we have to listen to the opposing team's announcers night after night??!! It seems like maybe one out of every 4 or 5 Spurs games on League Pass actually carries the Spurs feed!!

One of the Timberwolves announcers at the end of the Spurs 15 point win actually said he thought the difference in the game was the officiating. Yes... he was serious. :drunk

Last game against Portland, we had to listen to the TBlazers announces whine about how rough the Spurs were playing. :depressed

Tonight, I have to listen to the Mavericks announcers talk about how the Mavs have dominated the Spurs lately. As though tonight's game is supposed to mean anything.

I can't take anymore. I'm literally forced to mute the television to quell the urge to put a bullet in my brain.

Why can't League Pass simply always carry the feed of the home team?? That would make it entirely fair for all transplanted fans who pay good money to watch their team.

Let me call the waaaaambulance....stop your whining. I had to watch the scores on ESPN refresh every 30 secs.....BFD, you got to watch the game. You get no sympathy from me.

:ihit

duncan228
12-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Let me call the waaaaambulance....stop your whining. I had to watch the scores on ESPN refresh every 30 secs.....BFD, you got to watch the game. You get no sympathy from me.

:ihit

Point taken.
I moan about the callers, but I sure appreciate LP and being able to watch every game.

From now on I'll mute where necessary and keep my mouth shut! :)

Kent_in_Atlanta
12-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Point taken.
I moan about the callers, but I sure appreciate LP and being able to watch every game.

From now on I'll mute where necessary and keep my mouth shut! :)

Well, I understand where you're coming from, but when you pay $170 to watch basketball, I think you have the right to gripe about something that isn't handled correctly.

Whatever system they use (if there is one at all) to determine what feed we'll see is not a very good one.

Home teams' announcers every time. Who the hell can we write to about this?! :bang

SpurOutofTownFan
12-06-2007, 11:35 AM

Hey,, you are something.. Look at my avatar!

Anyway, I've seen your MO already. When the spurs lose, you come and trash them big time. When they win, it was the referees or some sort of flukeness. You never give credit when its due.. that's the reason why 99% of spurs fans in this blog gives a sh..t about what you say and think you are a moron.

Witness.

ancestron
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Hey,, you are something.. Look at my avatar!

Anyway, I've seen your MO already. When the spurs lose, you come and trash them big time. When they win, it was the referees or some sort of flukeness. You never give credit when its due.. that's the reason why 99% of spurs fans in this blog gives a sh..t about what you say and think you are a moron.

Witness.
:toast

703 Spurz
12-06-2007, 12:33 PM

Sure, the entire organization and everyone that has anything to do with the Spurs are terrible.

Of course!

:oink

703 Spurz
12-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Do you realized you were really lucky?

Dallas completely dominated the Spurs...

Fluke win...

Lucky to play without our franchise player. Sounds like we were lucky huh dickwhip?

ancestron
12-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I think its just the popular attitude throughout the NBA and its fans of the other 29 teams that pretty much hate the Spurs, so DirecTV figures most people who would watch the Spurs don't like them and would prefer not to hear their broadcasters. But you probably already knew that.

duncan228
12-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Well, I understand where you're coming from, but when you pay $170 to watch basketball, I think you have the right to gripe about something that isn't handled correctly.

Whatever system they use (if there is one at all) to determine what feed we'll see is not a very good one.

Home teams' announcers every time. Who the hell can we write to about this?! :bang

I've never been able to figure out how they determine what call we get.
I agree that home team call should be the way it is. Then everyone would get half the games with their own teams call. Seems fair.

I assume writing to the NBA would be the way to go. The cable provider's have nothing to do with what feed we get, it comes from the league.

And yes, for the money LP costs we do have the right to bitch when something's not right. But from now on I'll bitch to the league rather than complain here on ST. There are so many fans that can't see games, whether it's financial or LP isn't offered where they live. Out of respect for them I'll stop complaining here. It's a blessing to be able to watch my team all season. I'll live with the bad callers.

TheAuthority
12-06-2007, 12:53 PM
I actually think the opposite. I prefer hearing the away team's announcers. Not only because Sean Elliot and that other d-bag suck at calling games, but because it spices things up. I get a kick out of seeing how jealous some of the announcers are of the Spurs. I get even more satisfied when it turns into anger. And then you get some that give the Spurs their due, which is also nice to hear. Also, it isn't like the Spurs home announcers aren't bias, they sit there and give the Spurs verbal handjobs all of the time, and talk shit on the other team. For example, Sean Elliot, in a game recently with the T'Wolves was saying something about how basically Al Jefferson is too young and raw to compete with Tim Duncan down low. Meanwhile, Jefferson was scoring right in his face the entire night. I believe he also blocked Duncan that game. Don't try to act like the Spurs announcers aren't guilty of the same shit other announcers are.

RonMexico
12-06-2007, 12:54 PM
I rarely get home broadcasters on Suns games too so far this year.

Dave McNulla
12-06-2007, 12:54 PM
The spurs are the greatest team ever. - louis
from google groups (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.basketball.nba.sa-spurs/msg/1ec7b1a74afc52ec)