PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Sonics to Suns...

Sense
12-28-2004, 04:54 AM
Did you see their last amazing game against the Sonics?
I don't know about you, but I haven't seen the Spurs play anything like those team did on that day. Now I know it was an offensive dual, but it looked like everyone was doing what they were suppose to, when obstacles never seemed to vanish. The suns were impressive, but after beating the sonics, do you really think the Spurs will lose to them?
The Suns played like never before, did critical shots when they were trailing, and ended up with the win. Is this a unique game that only happened that day? If the Suns play they way they did against the Sonics, and on the road the spurs are dooomed. I am telling you, the offense didnt stop.
Let's hope we don't see that Suns team I saw on T.V. They looked unstoppable on that game.

Do you think that game was played that way because of the weak defenses and strong offense? Or will the Spurs have to keep up?

I, for a fact think that if the Spurs don't find a quick answer for the Suns, the Suns will outscore the Spurs by double digits just in the first quarter.

Will the same team that played the sonics on that day, play the Spurs? Or was it just because of the Hype?

What do you think?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-28-2004, 05:02 AM
i vote for not liking this poll

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:11 AM
i vote for not liking this poll

specify, look deep into the question and you will see that there is no relation to any others.

Atleast none that I know of, not from the recent poles I've posted on.

I might be new, but I realize that this post is different and that it appears that you have to be smart to understand it.

Try again-

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-28-2004, 05:17 AM
smart?? you basically pointed out how good the suns played against the sonics over and over and over, and put that as a reason why the suns would win?

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:19 AM
smart?? you basically pointed out how good the suns played against the sonics over and over and over, and put that as a reason why the suns would win?

I voted... I said if the spurs don't find a quick answer, they will lose.

A quick answer to the type of game the suns played against the suns...

And now your criticizing my post instead of the poll..

make up your mind.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-28-2004, 05:22 AM
"I think the Suns just wanted a better record that day and the game was hyped, so the Spurs will win!"

What does that have to do with the spurs playing better than the suns?

boutons
12-28-2004, 05:26 AM
"They looked unstoppable on that game"

The PHX offense is good, but the Sonics aren't known as a "stopping" team, allowing 94 PPG, while PHX is worse, allowing 98 PPG.

The Spurs chance vs PHX is to score the Spurs avg 96 PPG, while holding PHX to high 80s, low 90s. If Spurs let PHX get 100, PHX wins.

As with the SEA losses, if the Spurs sleepwalk one qtr, GAMEOVER.

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:28 AM
"They looked unstoppable on that game"

The PHX offense is good, but the Sonics aren't known as a "stopping" team, allowing 94 PPG, while PHX is worse, allowing 98 PPG.

The Spurs chance vs PHX is to score the Spurs avg 96 PPG, while holding PHX to high 80s, low 90s. If Spurs let PHX get 100, PHX wins.

As with the SEA losses, if the Spurs sleepwalk one qtr, GAMEOVER.

I totally agree.

I've noticed that when the spurs reach 100 against a good team, they lose.

Most 100 point wins by the spurs have been easy games.

Against an offensive team, it spurs wouldn't look like they did their job throughout the game. So yes, game over if Suns reach 100.

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:32 AM
"I think the Suns just wanted a better record that day and the game was hyped, so the Spurs will win!"

What does that have to do with the spurs playing better than the suns?

I'm explaining the damn game suns had against the sonics, who by the way raped the spurs.

Pay attention.

it's a simple cycle...if the sonics beat the spurs, will the spurs lose to the suns, since they beat the sonics.

this might be hard and tough for you...so go slowly.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-28-2004, 05:37 AM
"it's a simple cycle...if the sonics beat the spurs, will the spurs lose to the suns, since they beat the sonics."

thats a brilliant cycle, we might as well not even waste our time and play the game

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:39 AM
"it's a simple cycle...if the sonics beat the spurs, will the spurs lose to the suns, since they beat the sonics."

thats a brilliant cycle, we might as well not even waste our time and play the game

I know when it comes to smartasses and you're one.

When people say cycle, it's obviously non-stop, but if you pay attention I'm sure you will realize my past tense.

You're just trying to make your own life harder.

Please just stop your bitching and vote or stfu. V

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-28-2004, 05:47 AM
so its not a cycle at all... its more of a theory?

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:49 AM
so its not a cycle at all... its more of a theory?

Like I said, if you know what I mean, stfu and stop your smartass self.

There's nothing more I want right now than for you to just make a decent post. There's no reason for you to just start bitching, I explained everything and all you need to do is put a post that is not negative.

Please.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-28-2004, 05:52 AM
i think the spurs will win, because they will play better than the suns, not because the suns wont play as well as they did against the sonics!

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:54 AM
i think the spurs will win, because they will play better than the suns, not because the suns wont play as well as they did against the sonics!

Thank You. :spin

xcoriate
12-28-2004, 06:10 AM
Agree on this poll being somewhat weird, regardless I'm thinking the Spurs will win against the suns, who in my opinion are better than the sonics. Does that answer your jumbled question somewhat??

Rummpd
12-28-2004, 07:33 AM
It is all on the Spurs.

If Spurs bring A defense and any kind of consistent offense, ala against Wolves, it doesn't matter what these two bring = psuedo threats period.

MadDoc

Solid D
12-28-2004, 10:32 AM
Did you see their last amazing game against the Sonics?
I don't know about you, but I haven't seen the Spurs play anything like those team did on that day. Now I know it was an offensive dual, but it looked like everyone was doing what they were suppose to, when obstacles never seemed to vanish. The suns were impressive, but after beating the sonics, do you really think the Spurs will lose to them?
The Suns played like never before, did critical shots when they were trailing, and ended up with the win. Is this a unique game that only happened that day? If the Suns play they way they did against the Sonics, and on the road the spurs are dooomed. I am telling you, the offense didnt stop.
Let's hope we don't see that Suns team I saw on T.V. They looked unstoppable on that game.

Do you think that game was played that way because of the weak defenses and strong offense? Or will the Spurs have to keep up?

I, for a fact think that if the Spurs don't find a quick answer for the Suns, the Suns will outscore the Spurs by double digits just in the first quarter.

Will the same team that played the sonics on that day, play the Spurs? Or was it just because of the Hype?

What do you think?

There are several questions here Sense and you make some good observations regarding that great game. I'll try to respond to each question. I watched quite a bit of the game and the Sonics led almost wire to wire but they just couldn't convert with the key shots in the last 2-3 minutes...particularly Ray Allen, who had played so well otherwise.

Clutch shooting by Q and Marion plus a couple of lucky bounces their way allowed the Suns to squeak one out on the road.

It was not a unique game for either team in the way that each team played. Two top teams doing what they have been doing all year long. Unique would have been the description if the game were played last season. This, however, is a totally different season. These are complete teams. Both win with offense but they both have very good defensive, help-oriented teams with full effort being exerted... all the time, now.

I don't have any idea who will win this game. If the Spurs aren't hitting their shots (below 41%), they will probably lose. Basic but true enough. This is a pick-'em game. I plan to see the game first-hand.

Phoenix, because of Nash, has a similar tempo to the Mavericks teams of recent years. Phoenix hopes to push the ball and win with athleticism and hustle. They pass much crisper and quicker than Dallas did in years past. That's what makes them so tough to beat. I think the Spurs can beat the Suns in an uptempo game just like they out-up-tempo'd Dallas in the playoffs in 2003. The key is playing hustling transition defense and keeping Nash out of the middle...force him wide and to the side.

San Antonio has a distinct size advantage. Stoudamire on Duncan and Marion on Nesterovic should be exploited. If Bowen is defending Q...he'll need to totally box him out or the Spurs will be frustrated all night with second chance points and "the extra pass". I think Bruce can do that.

The Suns get their hands on a lot of balls a la Memphis, so the Spurs will have to take care of the ball...especially since Phoenix does.

This game is a marquee game and cannot be overhyped except in the sense that it is 1/82nd of the season and not being played in a post-season setting. Otherwise, this is one to watch...all over the world.

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:11 PM
There are several questions here Sense and you make some good observations regarding that great game. I'll try to respond to each question. I watched quite a bit of the game and the Sonics led almost wire to wire but they just couldn't convert with the key shots in the last 2-3 minutes...particularly Ray Allen, who had played so well otherwise.

Clutch shooting by Q and Marion plus a couple of lucky bounces their way allowed the Suns to squeak one out on the road.

It was not a unique game for either team in the way that each team played. Two top teams doing what they have been doing all year long. Unique would have been the description if the game were played last season. This, however, is a totally different season. These are complete teams. Both win with offense but they both have very good defensive, help-oriented teams with full effort being exerted... all the time, now.

I don't have any idea who will win this game. If the Spurs aren't hitting their shots (below 41%), they will probably lose. Basic but true enough. This is a pick-'em game. I plan to see the game first-hand.

Phoenix, because of Nash, has a similar tempo to the Mavericks teams of recent years. Phoenix hopes to push the ball and win with athleticism and hustle. They pass much crisper and quicker than Dallas did in years past. That's what makes them so tough to beat. I think the Spurs can beat the Suns in an uptempo game just like they out-up-tempo'd Dallas in the playoffs in 2003. The key is playing hustling transition defense and keeping Nash out of the middle...force him wide and to the side.

San Antonio has a distinct size advantage. Stoudamire on Duncan and Marion on Nesterovic should be exploited. If Bowen is defending Q...he'll need to totally box him out or the Spurs will be frustrated all night with second chance points and "the extra pass". I think Bruce can do that.

The Suns get their hands on a lot of balls a la Memphis, so the Spurs will have to take care of the ball...especially since Phoenix does.

This game is a marquee game and cannot be overhyped except in the sense that it is 1/82nd of the season and not being played in a post-season setting. Otherwise, this is one to watch...all over the world.

Wow, didn't actually notice you answer all of the questions...then again, I didn't notice how many questions were on this thread. Nevertheless, your points are clear and I agree with what you said. The thing to me that makes the suns team to lethal is, that they are all a medium sized,swift,passing, and shooting team. Defense can struggle against that.

Oh, and btw...thanks for actually understanding the thread.

Solid D
12-29-2004, 01:02 AM
No problem. The Spurs did exploit the size differential and they did out-up-tempo the Suns. Low turnovers and Bowen and the Spurs played outstanding in the last 3 quarters.

Sense
12-29-2004, 01:47 AM
Yeah, it was very impressive, they came out and started how I wanted them to, and that gave them the confidence and it was over.

Well that proved that, that game was very unique...and that it will never happen with the Spurs.. it was a classic " Mavs VS Kingz" classic style of play.

That never happened with the Spurs.

They did an amazing job.

SequSpur
12-29-2004, 02:06 AM
Hey, in the NBA, any night one team can beat another, thats the way it is.

There isn't a team that we have lost that could take us in a series.

We would destroy them.

Solid D
12-29-2004, 02:18 AM
True, any given night in the NBA.

Spurs bludgeoned the Suns to a bloody pulp. Somewhere in AZ, there is a SequSun posting stuff like..."Amoebes > Lampe"