View Full Version : The Reason we won, by LaMB

LaMarcus Bryant
12-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Bowen got pissed off.
That is why we won.

Very early, Bowen got pissed. This juiced his defense to a new level of:

1) Confidence
2) Power

He was handchecking and shoulderchecking every mav possible like a rabid dog. He was getting into the heads of every maverick he was assigned to. He was disrupting every pass to the maverick he was assigned to.

In short: HE WAS THE RASH!!!!!

Don't get me wrong Ginobili Suckers, he had an amazing job and I'm very proud of him, but Bruce Bowen put forth an effort and energy the likes of which I have not seen in a very long time. He made it his personal duty to frustrate every Maverick he was assigned to. I was totally calling a fight to break out tonight after 5 minutes into the game, but I was wrong. But you can tell Bowen was gunning and striving to get into the head of some, any Maverick to change the ebb and flow of the game. After Ginobili was blatantly scoring, he let up, but his defense and energy blatantly charged up the entire team, no matter what players were on the floor with him. Bowen brahhhhhhh, bowen, love him and respect him because there will NEVER be a player like him ever ever again.

We limited the mavericks to seventeen (!!!!!!!) points in the third quarter. TIME TO CHUG A BEER

brahhhhhhhhhhh

BonnerDynasty
12-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Bowen was amazing tonight. His defense was as good as it can get.

jman3000
12-05-2007, 11:51 PM
i agree to an extent... some people will point to his shitty shooting as him not having a good game, but the guy was a complete beast tonight in what matters most from him... defense.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM
He missed four out of four CRUCIAL WIDE OPEN threes tonight. Three were in the first quarter but one was in the critical fourth. However

It speaks leaps and bounds of his impact if one can argue he was the reason we won tonight while he missed so many crucial shots. The way he did it was via his defense. And it cannot be denied outright. His energy was off the charts tonight.

OFF
THA
CHARTS

telecomguy
12-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Bowen got pissed off.
That is why we won.

Very early, Bowen got pissed. This juiced his defense to a new level of:

1) Confidence
2) Power

He was handchecking and shoulderchecking every mav possible like a rabid dog. He was getting into the heads of every maverick he was assigned to. He was disrupting every pass to the maverick he was assigned to.

In short: HE WAS THE RASH!!!!!

Don't get me wrong Ginobili Suckers, he had an amazing job and I'm very proud of him, but Bruce Bowen put forth an effort and energy the likes of which I have not seen in a very long time. He made it his personal duty to frustrate every Maverick he was assigned to. I was totally calling a fight to break out tonight after 5 minutes into the game, but I was wrong. But you can tell Bowen was gunning and striving to get into the head of some, any Maverick to change the ebb and flow of the game. After Ginobili was blatantly scoring, he let up, but his defense and energy blatantly charged up the entire team, no matter what players were on the floor with him. Bowen brahhhhhhh, bowen, love him and respect him because there will NEVER be a player like him ever ever again.

We limited the mavericks to seventeen (!!!!!!!) points in the third quarter. TIME TO CHUG A BEER

brahhhhhhhhhhh

I agree Bowen was amazing. I never saw him move as quickly and be as active as he was last night. He put lot of pressure on the ballhandlers and disrupted the passing lanes all night. Couldn't shoot worth a damn, but it didn't matter (with Manu going off) because Spurs won this game basically on defense and energy and aggressiveness.

Part of it was I think the Spurs knew without Duncan they had to bring extra tonight to avoid getting embarrassed by the hated Mavs on their home court so everyone was wired to the nth degree and played their heart out. With TD, sometimes the Spurs dont play as aggressive, figuring that Duncan will make their life easier by cleaning up their mistakes on the defensive end and creating open shots via TD double-team. Last night they KNEW they didnt have that luxury.

ancestron
12-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Well, yes Bowen got pissed off. As did Manu "don't touch me" Ginobili, and Tony "knock me down one more time, I dare you" Parker.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-06-2007, 12:35 PM
The boys put on their playoff faces with Timmy out and played great. Great effort all around.

bresilhac
12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I was incredibly impressed by the guys last night. They hustled and fought and were determined not to lose to the hated Mavericks. And Manu was simply spectacular. He's got to be the most intense, effective game changer in the league today.

TheAuthority
12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Ginobili was the difference. Bowen just did what he does every night. I haven't seen Manu attack the rim with that kind of authority and spring since like 2003. Some of those drives literally sent chills up my spine. The entire team was clearly playing inspired without Duncan against the Mavs out there.

MoSpur
12-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I noticed a different kind of energy from the get go. The Spurs came out with a lot of passion. They had so much they were missing easy shots. IMO, they were a bit too anxious and wanted to really beat the Mavs that it caused them to be clumsy I guess.

jack0fspeed
12-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Bowen got torched by Josh Howard. He did play OK against Harris and Terry though.

midgetonadonkey
12-06-2007, 04:14 PM
LaMB Speaks the Truf!

Spurminator
12-06-2007, 04:32 PM
This juiced his defense to a new level of:

1) Confidence
2) Power

lol

mookie2001
12-06-2007, 04:46 PM
did anyone see Manu turn the ball over twice in 20 seconds trying to pick and roll with oberto??

the same exact play, thrown into an opponents legs!!!!

jesus christ manu blows nuts sometimes