PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker....

ehz33satx
12-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Are two of the baddest mofos alive. Dirk Notwinski and Jason Terry are not.
Diifferent ends of the spectrum on the badass mofo scale. FTM!!!

SouthernFried
12-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Manu...your the man. Always thought that, always will. No one's better in the league right now.

Tony. Showed more heart this game than I've ever seen in his career. He might not have made every shot, or did everything perfectly...but, damn...he fought every minute he was out there.

In some undefineable way, I think this was a breakout game for Tony. I've never been totally sold on him...even up till today. Courage...maturity...will to win...toughness...I dunno. Something that Manu had, that Tony didn't.

Until tonite.

Props to them both.

Respect
:toast

BonnerDynasty
12-06-2007, 02:17 AM
I'd pay money to hear Diop's thoughts every time he saw Parker and Ginobili driving right at him.

jman3000
12-06-2007, 02:22 AM
what pisses me off about some comments made regarding manu's game are that he only goes against the other teams 2nd string... what the fuck? that might be the case for the first half... but manu is known for being clutch in the 4th quarter... and guess who usually plays in the 4th quarter for the opposite team? that's right! the starters.

so in reality manu does his best work against the starter... not the bench.

ehz33satx
12-06-2007, 02:30 AM
I have seen only 1 Mavs fan come in here and show a bit of humbleness after that beatdown. I don't expect any more Mavs fans beyond that. The Mavs and their fans have no humility to give the Spurs their due.

sa_kid20
12-06-2007, 02:33 AM
In some undefineable way, I think this was a breakout game for Tony. I've never been totally sold on him...even up till today. Courage...maturity...will to win...toughness...I dunno. Something that Manu had, that Tony didn't.

Until tonite.

You can't possibly be serious. All I saw tonight from Tony was somebody who was desperately trying to score everytime he touched the ball by going 1 on 5 every damn time down the floor. He just puts to much pressure on himself to score when Tim is out and he just ends up hurting the team. Everytime Tony was in there without Manu there was absolutely no ball movement and every possesion ended with him trying to drive which was in-effective and then he would try to get rid of the ball too late in the shot clock. Without Manu tonight we get smoked.

SouthernFried
12-06-2007, 02:38 AM
You can't possibly be serious. All I saw tonight from Tony was somebody who was desperately trying to score everytime he touched the ball by going 1 on 5 every damn time down the floor. Everytime Tony was in there without Manu there was absolutely no ball movement and every possesion ended with him trying to drive which was in-effective and then he would try to get rid of the ball too late in the shot clock. Without Manu tonight we get smoked.

If that's all you saw...your prescription needs changing.

sa_kid20
12-06-2007, 02:39 AM
If that's all you saw...your prescription needs changing.
ok so what exactly did Tony do so great tonight?

SouthernFried
12-06-2007, 02:43 AM
ok so what exactly did Tony do so great tonight?

Tony did nothing...go back to bed.

sa_kid20
12-06-2007, 02:45 AM
Tony did nothing...go back to bed.
Just what i thought. You can't even back up your own claim.

ehz33satx
12-06-2007, 02:50 AM
I came on here to trumpet the Spurs and here we have 2 Spurs fans arguing. Go figure. :dizzy

gilmor
12-06-2007, 03:12 AM
I came on here to trumpet the Spurs and here we have 2 Spurs fans arguing. Go figure. :dizzy

What do you expect.. this guy is fucking 20 years old..

ArgSpursFan.
12-06-2007, 07:53 AM
I'd pay money to hear Diop's thoughts every time he saw Parker and Ginobili driving right at him.

I'd pay to hear Diop's thoughts on Manu's nasty dunk last night though. :lol

sa_butta
12-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Seemed like Tony was forcing alot of shots instead of trying to get others involved. Just because Duncan is not there doesnt mean you dont pass the ball. 3 assists from you PG is nothing to be proud of.

ArgSpursFan.
12-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Seemed like Tony was forcing alot of shots instead of trying to get others involved. Just because Duncan is not there doesnt mean you dont pass the ball. 3 assists from you PG is nothing to be proud of.

What really scared me about last night game about TP,was how clueless He seemed to be on the court When Manu was on the bench.
I mean,there's one Tony Parker with Duncan and Manu, but there's a diferent guy when he's the only one out there leading the team.
Is this what the Spurs will look like When Timmy and Manu retire??I hope not.

romain.star
12-06-2007, 08:13 AM
What really scared me about last night game about TP,was how clueless He seemed to be on the court When Manu was on the bench.
I mean,there's one Tony Parker with Duncan and Manu, but there's a diferent guy when he's the only one out there leading the team.
Is this what the Spurs will look like When Timmy and Manu retire??I hope not.

Will you really care about the spurs when Manu retires? :oops

Athenea
12-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Srsly...Tony had a rough 1st half and may be, he forced things a little bit.
BUT! The guy stepped up his D, his rebs (and overrall focus), and had a big steal+layup to help Manu and the rest erase the big deficit in the 3rd.
May be a couple of years ago TP would ve been of no use whatsoever when his offensive game was not coming easily to him but right now he can contribute many other ways.

urunobili
12-06-2007, 08:23 AM
you shouldn;t attack Tony this much.. he tried his best and it was his best game against Dallas in a LONG time... he hit clutch jumpers in the 4th quarter when he was needed.. he did force shots and did not pass the ball.. but oh boy.. down the stretch.. i ALWAYS want him on my team.. and as a plus... Manu LOVES to play with him...

SouthernFried
12-06-2007, 08:39 AM
I've never seen Tony fight so hard, from beginning to end...as I did tonite. At the end of the game, when Timmy was rubbing his head and smiling, Tony wasn't smiling and rejoicing with him...he looked like he'd been through a war. Him and Manu were as exhausted as I've ever seen them at the end of that game. They gave everything they had...and then some.

That's what I saw.

If you saw someone not making enough assists, or trying to do too much offensively...ok.

I saw something else.

And I liked it...a lot.

da_suns_fan__
12-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Parker further proved that he can score but thats it.

When his shot isn't falling, he doesn't provide anything else to the Spurs (see negative assist to turnover ratio).

spursfan09
12-06-2007, 10:56 AM
:lol judging Tony by 1 game? I think he has a match up prob with Dallas, but Parker haters I know love that. Lets see how Tony does a few more games playing without TD, before we decide the fate of the Spurs when Manu and Tim retires.

m33p0
12-06-2007, 10:56 AM
i'm pretty sure that's the instruction pop gave tony... to lead the team, not to run it... otherwise, pop would have given him a mouthful.

telecomguy
12-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Srsly...Tony had a rough 1st half and may be, he forced things a little bit.
BUT! The guy stepped up his D, his rebs (and overrall focus), and had a big steal+layup to help Manu and the rest erase the big deficit in the 3rd.
May be a couple of years ago TP would ve been of no use whatsoever when his offensive game was not coming easily to him but right now he can contribute many other ways.

He is just not a natural PG and will never be like Kidd, Nash or Billups and against Dallas, he usually has problems because he can't finish with all the shot blockers & Bigs they have in the paint. However, TP competed hard yesterday until the end and fought really hard to try to get something going. His defense on Dirk on the switchover was also very good because he caused lot of problems for Dirk. In the past, if TP wasn't able to score by driving, he would basically disssappear from the game. At least last night, he stuck around and competed hard to the very end so i was proud of him because he played aggressive at least. Anyway, i have seen TP play much worse than yesterday so I am going to go easy on him - especially since we won and he contributed defensively with some steals and good defense on Dirk (having said that, Terry lost him number of times too easily in the second half).

Last night Manu was the Batman, TP was the Robin, and Finley was the Manu-In-Disguise 6th man of the year. It was good enough for a win.

Mostly the win came from hard-nosed defense and aggressive small-ball (much like how Golden State beat the Mavs).

It seems the league has figured out that going small and harrasssing Dirk physically with the quicker, agile SF and even guards like TP works the best rather than trying to put slower lumbering centers or PF on Dirk because Dirk can lose them too easily for his jump shots.

ancestron
12-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Tony Parker is awesome and I wouldn't want any other point guard. His toughness is seriously overlooked. Most guys that get hit as much as Tony does give up and stop driving, but Tony doesn't. If anything he goes harder. He isn't going to have perfect games every night but like everyone on the Spurs roster he has heart, character, and balls. that is something the stats don't show.

bdictjames
12-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Tony Parker is awesome and I wouldn't want any other point guard. His toughness is seriously overlooked. Most guys that get hit as much as Tony does give up and stop driving, but Tony doesn't. If anything he goes harder. He isn't going to have perfect games every night but like everyone on the Spurs roster he has heart, character, and balls. that is something the stats don't show.
You might have not mentioned Beno out there, but I was guessing you were referring to him as the anti-Tony. :lol

cherylsteele
12-06-2007, 12:41 PM

Until tonite.

Uh....did you even see the finals last year? You do realize he was MVP of the series don't you? He did this for games straight at the most important time.

Sure TP had a good, solid game, but to call it a breakout is just plain stupid.

ancestron
12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
You might have not mentioned Beno out there, but I was guessing you were referring to him as the anti-Tony. :lol

Huh?

anakha
12-06-2007, 01:08 PM

When his shot isn't falling, he doesn't provide anything else to the Spurs (see negative assist to turnover ratio).

Aaaaaaaaand d_s_f comes out of hiding to bash Parker when he has an off night. :lol

TheAuthority
12-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't understand why everyone is hating on Parker.

#1) They won the game. That's the be all and end all.
#2) The guy played his heart out. I don't care if you have a bad game if you're giving the best effort you can possibly give.
#3) When Manu is out, he's basically the only one that can create his own shot consistently. That, and he shoots at a 50% clip. I'm not going to fault him for looking for his shot in that situation.

TheAuthority
12-06-2007, 01:13 PM

Oh, I was thinking he actually played defense.

Something Steve Nash proves that he CAN'T do on a nightly basis.

spursfan09
12-06-2007, 01:35 PM
I just want to say that I love Manu to death. I am so glad he is on our team, he has a will to win like no other, but I hate it when some people bash Tony just to bring up Manu even more. You know you don't have to do that right? We already know manu is great!

da_suns_fan__
12-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh, I was thinking he actually played defense.

Something Steve Nash proves that he CAN'T do on a nightly basis.

Who was guarding Jason Terry?