PDA

View Full Version : t. boone pickens...why did he leave A&M?

johngateswhiteley
12-06-2007, 09:42 AM
...couldn't hack it at a real university?
...A&M didn't want him on the bball team anymore?

capt. mike?

johngateswhiteley
12-06-2007, 10:07 AM
capt. shit head?

samikeyp
12-06-2007, 10:31 AM
He's looking up Boone's RPI.

MajorMike
12-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Maybe its the same reason Brandon Joiner went to atm after originally committing to OSU.

OH WAIT, wasn't Joiner one of the kids just arrested for armed robbery and felony drug possession?

jgw, are you feeling so insecure about bad pub for atm that you have to look back to the '40s to get a dig on OSU?

Lame, even by your standards.

RonMexico
12-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Maybe its the same reason Brandon Joiner went to atm after originally committing to OSU.

OH WAIT, wasn't Joiner one of the kids just arrested for armed robbery and felony drug possession?

jgw, are you feeling so insecure about bad pub for atm that you have to look back to the '40s to get a dig on OSU?

Lame, even by your standards.

See: JamesOn Curry, Marcus Dove, Mario Boggan

Doug Collins
12-06-2007, 10:57 AM
See: JamesOn Curry, Marcus Dove, Mario Boggan

And all the Suttons...

johngateswhiteley
12-06-2007, 11:05 AM

and thats relevant b/c? ...your greatest bball coach likes to drink and drive? your biggest donor was once an Aggie...but A&M didn't want him anymore and dropped his scholarship?

...hmm, food for thought.

samikeyp
12-06-2007, 11:07 AM
and thats relevant b/c? ...your greatest bball coach likes to drink and drive? your biggest donor was once an Aggie...but A&M didn't want him anymore and dropped his scholarship?

Henry Iba drank and drove?

:lol

MajorMike
12-06-2007, 11:22 AM

...hmm, food for thought.

Wow... deep dark spiral, man.

One of your 'greatest' football coaches was a renown cheater. Your last football coach just got caught violating NCAA rules by selling information to donors. Your football program is on every list of 'cheating football programs' you can find. 'Kellen Heard' has become synonymous with cheap shot. Do you REALLY wanna get involved in this conversation, because besides the fact you aren't going to win a one-on-one debate with me, you sure aren't going to win this pissing contest.

So the answer to your question is he was too short to play basketball at atm. He came to OSU, a poor broken man, with no athletic ability, all pissy and whiney at atm for dissing him. He had his tail bewteen his legs. So lonely and all alone. What a complete loser for not being able to handle it at atm and what a complete whiner to leave after that. Oh what a little dork. Poor little nerdy TBP. Nobody likes you.

So OSU is the only loser program that will take in this down and out idiot.

Good thing, too, because he's given us 300 Mil so far.

RonMexico
12-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Worst 300 million ever spent in the history of America.

Who is this "renown" (word is renowned, btw) cheating coach? Byrne came out and said Fran was not guilty of NCAA infractions, but of "poor oversight."

Mario Boggan got suspended by the team and the Big 12... oh, so did Marcus Dove... oh, and so did JamesOn Curry for doing pot... and so did Sutton for driving drunk... Kellen Heard made one late hit on a guy who threw a pick and was removing his helmet on the field (aka Cart McIdiot).

degenerate_gambler
12-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Who is this "renown" (word is renowned, btw) cheating coach? Byrne came out and said Fran was not guilty of NCAA infractions, but of "poor oversight."

Probably dredging up Jackie Sherrill.

MajorMike
12-06-2007, 11:54 AM
HAHAHA did ronnie actually try and correct me??

Perhaps you should spend more time actually looking up the words 'renown' and 'renowned' instead of hanging your ass out for everyone. There's that aggrot education at work.

RonMexico
12-06-2007, 12:14 PM
HAHAHA did ronnie actually try and correct me??

Perhaps you should spend more time actually looking up the words 'renown' and 'renowned' instead of hanging your ass out for everyone. There's that aggrot education at work.

"Renown" is a noun.

"Renowned" is an adjective.

Let's take a quick look at your sentence: "One of your 'greatest' football coaches was a renown cheater."

In that sentence above, "one" and "cheater" are properly used nouns.

"Of your 'greatest' football coaches" is a prepositional phrase, also used properly.

"was" is a verb, also used correctly.

"renown" is a noun that is used incorrectly since you utilize the term "cheater."

"Renowned" should be inserted in place of it as an adjective modifing/describing the noun "cheater."

For example, I could create the sentence: "Mike is a fuck." That would be an accurate statement with a proper noun ("Mike"), verb ("is"), article ("a") and noun describing "Mike" ("fuck").

I could also say: "Mike is a fucking idiot." Again, we have a proper noun ("Mike"), a verb ("is"), an article ("a"), and noun ("idiot"); we also have an adjective that is describing what kind of idiot Mike is ("fucking").

I could also construct a sentence similar to yours with two improperly used nouns: "One of the worst posters on SpursTalk is a fuck idiot."

Here we have a noun ("One"), 2 consecutive prepositional phrases ("of the worst posters" and "on SpursTalk"), a verb ("is"), an article ("a"), a noun that can also be used as a verb, but not in this sentence ("fuck"), and another noun ("idiot").

The proper way to construct this sentence would be either of the following, both of which include parenthetical references to clarify who the sentence is describing:

"One of the worst posters on SpursTalk (CaptMike) is a fuck."

OR

"One of the worst posters on SpursTalk (CaptMike) is a fucking idiot."

Finally, we could create the ultimate sentence: "One of the worst posters on SpursTalk (CaptMike) is a renowned fucking idiot."

Extra Stout
12-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Does OSU count Anita Hill among their distinguished alumni?

Doug Collins
12-06-2007, 12:28 PM
"Renown" is a noun.

"Renowned" is an adjective.

Let's take a quick look at your sentence: "One of your 'greatest' football coaches was a renown cheater."

In that sentence above, "one" and "cheater" are properly used nouns.

"Of your 'greatest' football coaches" is a prepositional phrase, also used properly.

"was" is a verb, also used correctly.

"renown" is a noun that is used incorrectly since you utilize the term "cheater."

"Renowned" should be inserted in place of it as an adjective modifing/describing the noun "cheater."

For example, I could create the sentence: "Mike is a fuck." That would be an accurate statement with a proper noun ("Mike"), verb ("is"), article ("a") and noun describing "Mike" ("fuck").

I could also say: "Mike is a fucking idiot." Again, we have a proper noun ("Mike"), a verb ("is"), an article ("a"), and noun ("idiot"); we also have an adjective that is describing what kind of idiot Mike is ("fucking").

I could also construct a sentence similar to yours with two improperly used nouns: "One of the worst posters on SpursTalk is a fuck idiot."

Here we have a noun ("One"), 2 consecutive prepositional phrases ("of the worst posters" and "on SpursTalk"), a verb ("is"), an article ("a"), a noun that can also be used as a verb, but not in this sentence ("fuck"), and another noun ("idiot").

The proper way to construct this sentence would be either of the following, both of which include parenthetical references to clarify who the sentence is describing:

"One of the worst posters on SpursTalk (CaptMike) is a fuck."

OR

"One of the worst posters on SpursTalk (CaptMike) is a fucking idiot."

Finally, we could create the ultimate sentence: "One of the worst posters on SpursTalk (CaptMike) is a renowned fucking idiot."

Wow.

Extra Stout
12-06-2007, 12:34 PM
That was indeed an example of properly executed grammar smack, which is notable, because usually grammar smack fails miserably.

dmac
12-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Henry Iba drank and drove?

:lol
yes, a surry with the fringe on top!

RonMexico
12-06-2007, 12:50 PM
That was indeed an example of properly executed grammar smack, which is notable, because usually grammar smack fails miserably.

I didn't even need someone to give me 300 million to write it.

Good thing I got a 77/80 on my PSAT writing section...

MajorMike
12-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Does OSU count Anita Hill among their distinguished alumni?

No, but did you know OSU has the most Generals & Admirals in the armed forces outside of the military schools and OSU is Top 5 ranked University for producing flag officers.

I guess the Military is dumb, too, huh?

RonMexico
12-06-2007, 01:19 PM
No, but did you know OSU has the most Generals & Admirals in the armed forces outside of the military schools and OSU is Top 5 ranked University for producing flag officers.

I can't believe someone actually married this guy and had sex with him.

How ugly people get laid is beyond me.

Holt's Cat
12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Harvard is the Okie Lite of Massachusetts.

MajorMike
12-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Harvard is the Okie Lite of Massachusetts.

FINALLY, someone gets it.

RonMexico
12-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Oklahoma State has the prettiest campus in the nation as voted by Wrestling Monthly

Extra Stout
12-06-2007, 02:05 PM

I guess you mean that OSU must have the most generals/admirals currently in the Armed Forces, because I believe VMI claims the top spot all-time.

j-6
12-06-2007, 02:06 PM
An Anita Hill reference and PSAT score smack? In the same thread?

Extra Stout
12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I congratulate CaptMike for successfully demonstrating that his Okie State diploma is more valuable than one from Oral Roberts.

degenerate_gambler
12-06-2007, 02:14 PM

...and aesthetically challenged campus smack as well. It's been a banner day.

MajorMike
12-06-2007, 02:23 PM
...and aesthetically challenged campus smack as well. It's been a banner day.

Did you know former President of Jordan Adnan Badran is an OSU Alum?

RonMexico
12-06-2007, 02:27 PM

Well, CaptMike claims to be a National Merit Scholar, so I had to throw a little fake smack in there.

Extra Stout
12-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Did you know Wen Ho Lee, whole stole U.S. nuclear secrets and gave them to the Chinese, is an Aggie?

MajorMike
12-06-2007, 02:30 PM
That doesn't suprise me.

Extra Stout
12-06-2007, 02:32 PM
R.C. Buford is an Aggie.

degenerate_gambler
12-06-2007, 02:32 PM

Did you know Charles Whitman went to UT?

Holt's Cat
12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
R.C. Buford is an Aggie.

*rimshot*

Extra Stout
12-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Have any of you ever checked out the Clayton Williams Alumni Center at A&M?

If you're ever in town, I advise you to stop by, relax, and enjoy it.

Holt's Cat
12-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Indeed.

I'm going to fire up my We've Never Been Licked DVD tonight.

RonMexico
12-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Most of the people in there have teeth, too.

MajorMike
12-06-2007, 02:38 PM
R.C. Buford is an Aggie.

What's sad about that is he played for OSU.

RonMexico
12-06-2007, 02:40 PM
What's sad about that is he played for OSU.

I hope you're trying to make a bad joke, because we all know that no one would ever leave that Mecca of athletics to come to A&M.