PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Spurs

jack0fspeed
12-06-2007, 01:47 PM
As painful as it was, Avery Johnson needs to be disabused of the notion that the Mavs can play small ball. Hopefully last night did the trick.

Dirk has no business playing center. He's a complete sieve trying to protect the rim.

SequSpur
12-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Dallas could trade Dirk and Josh Howard for Kobe and you might actually get better.

jack0fspeed
12-06-2007, 01:54 PM
The Mavs will be fine. They just have to figure out how not to get "Nellied" by playoff time.

SKINNYPIMP210
12-06-2007, 01:55 PM
What happened to dampier? He was in the game early but I don't member him coming back in?

Speaking of trades, isn't Dallas in the hunt for Jason Kidd???

balli
12-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Dallas could trade Dirk and Josh Howard for Kobe and you might actually get better.

Unfortunately that's true. It's funny what a joke Nowitzki is. No doubt the dude can shoot lights out, but seriously have you ever seen a supposed MVP calliber big man handle multiple defenders so poorly? Just a laughable excuse for a "franchise player". If I were Cuban I'd be all over making a trade happen, cause you'll never win a ring with Dirk at the helm.

Kriz-Maxima
12-06-2007, 01:59 PM
What happened to dampier? He was in the game early but I don't member him coming back in?

According to ESPN (i think) Dallas, LA and Cleveland are in pursuit.

jack0fspeed
12-06-2007, 02:04 PM

Like I said ... the Spurs "Nellied" the Mavs.

Coach Avery is trying to come up with a counter to what GSW did against the Mavs last year in the playoffs. He's trying to diversify the offense so that we can go small in the playoffs and not get stymied by the now textbook defense on Dirk.

The problem is that we can't play defense when we're small. Our perimeter defense is good, but all anyone has to do is P&R ... Dirk can't defend it.

Are we in the hunt for Jason Kidd? We'll see.

SKINNYPIMP210
12-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Are we in the hunt for Jason Kidd? We'll see.

Who would you give up for him?

jack0fspeed
12-06-2007, 02:13 PM

This summer, the talk was Devin Harris and unspecified others. Basically anyone but Dirk and Josh.

ATRAIN
12-06-2007, 02:14 PM

why would you want him?

thispego
12-06-2007, 02:20 PM
This summer, the talk was Devin Harris and unspecified others. Basically anyone but Dirk and Josh.
pfffft, mavs will have to do a lot better than just devin harris + other mavs scrubs for Kidd

jack0fspeed
12-06-2007, 02:22 PM
pfffft, mavs will have to do a lot better than just devin harris + other mavs scrubs for Kidd

Yeah, it never sounded realistic to me either. It could be complete BS, or maybe someone was trying to manufacture some negotiating leverage.

SenorSpur
12-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks Spurs for stopping the Mavs four-game winning streak. Now I don't have to continously keep hearing about how the Mavs are starting to exert dominance in the rivalry dating back to the 2006 WCSF

jack0fspeed
12-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks Spurs for stopping the Mavs four-game winning streak. Now I don't have to continously keep hearing about how the Mavs are starting to exert dominance in the rivalry dating back to the 2006 WCSF

Yes, it is a tradeoff. From the Maverick's perspective, they have a lot of confidence against the Spurs. So in that respect, this loss is bad.

But again, they have a weak spot and they refuse to take it seriously when they get beaten by somebody else. If they keep going down this road and they try to play small ball in the playoffs they'll lose early again.

So if the price is a little less confidence against a top contender, it's probably still worth it. The first step is admitting you have a problem.