PDA

View Full Version : AJ's jersey to be retired Dec. 22

Useruser666
12-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Looking ahead: The next time Johnson is in San Antonio's AT&T Center, it will be to have his No. 6 jersey unveiled in the rafters.

That ceremony will take place Dec. 22, when the Mavericks have an off night and the Spurs host the Los Angeles Clippers.

The Spurs have retired the numbers of James Silas, George Gervin, Johnnie Moore, David Robinson and Sean Elliott.

Interestingly, Elliott's jersey was missing at the Mavericks' shootaround Wednesday. Johnson said the Spurs had to take it down for measurement purposes to make sure Johnson's is the same size as the rest of the oversized jerseys.

Asked if he wanted his jersey to hang next to that of Robinson, who was best man at Johnson's wedding, Johnson said: "You know what, it'll be nice to be anywhere in the building. They could put it in the bathroom. I don't care."

Let the battle begin!!! :wakeup

SAtown
12-06-2007, 02:26 PM
"You know what, it'll be nice to be anywhere in the building. They could put it in the bathroom. I don't care."

Very well then, the bathroom it is.

MajorMike
12-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Ghey

degenerate_gambler
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Anyone going?

timvp
12-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Even though this news is like three months old, props to User for reiterating the fact.

:smokin

Slomo
12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Very well then, the bathroom it is.:lol

:tu

703 Spurz
12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
:lol

:elephant

MoSpur
12-06-2007, 05:16 PM
I still can't believe they are retiring his jersey.

yeahone
12-06-2007, 05:21 PM
well congrats aagain avery and that was a hilarious statement

LilMissSPURfect
12-06-2007, 05:28 PM

i'm just glad i aint the only one who feels like this.....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/gulygeek/MANU6.jpg

DAINTX
12-06-2007, 05:41 PM
AJ was a great leader for the Spurs. Not as skilled as a Ginobli or a Parker, IMO. But his leadership was a key ingredient when the Spurs were beginning their championship run. He is held in much affection by the last generation of Spurs, including and especially D-Rob. He's a little bit of an enemy now as coach of the Mavs, but it wouldn't surprise me to see AJ back in SA at some point, perhaps succeeding Pop.

Rummpd
12-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Why? The guy hit one shot in his life and was a liability the whole other time. He cannot hold Parker's jock to put it mildly. If the Spurs had had any truely talented PG in the David Robinson era poor DR would have had more than 2 rings.

SouthernFried
12-06-2007, 05:48 PM
When he was playing for the Spurs, I liked him fine. He played tough...wasn't the most talented, but did his job.

He never did enough to warrant retiring his Jersey tho. I mean, alongside ICE, ROBINSON?

No freakin' way.

silly move.

porscha
12-06-2007, 06:20 PM
MANU 6?????

porscha
12-06-2007, 06:21 PM
maybe Spurs like AJ to be our coach after pop retired?

porscha
12-06-2007, 06:22 PM

KEDA
12-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Fuck A J

dknights411
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
MANU 6?????

That was right right after we drafted him. I don't know why they first gave him 6, but it certainly made for an interesting photo op.

angel_luv
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM

We'll give him a six flush salute.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Six is a crappy number anyway.

Let the Maverick have it.

manustarting2gd
12-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I will go to this game just to boo when they do it. He is now the head of the snake called the Mavericks. He allows his team to play dirty and without class. For that, I say BOO!! Avery Johnson.. BOOOOOOOO!

td4mvp21
12-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Then put it in the fucking bathroom :lol

sa_kid20
12-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Man a lot of Avery hate in here which i just don't get. I mean all of you are hating on avery because he's good enough to be a head coach in the league? I know it just happens to be with the Mavs but if your gonna boo him for this jersy retirement you should have a legitament reason. I mean if avery never became a coach and was just a retired basketball player there wouldn't be all this nonsense going on. I'll be at that game and i agree that avery's stats aren't all that impressive but he meant more to this franchise than just stats and i'm sure as hell not gonna boo him.

curtismedellin
12-06-2007, 07:03 PM
... you should have a legitament reason. I mean if avery never becoame a coach and was just a retired basketball player there wouldn't be all this nonsense going on.

...uhh yes there would.

Sweetey
12-06-2007, 07:22 PM
I like AJ. Just don't bring that asshole Cuban here for the celebration. I hate that bastard !!!!

SpurOutofTownFan
12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Please excuse my "newness" but I wasn't around when teh spurs won the 1999 trophy. This means I don't know so much about AJ's playing style or what he did except for that shot and what people talk bout him. Still I don't think he deserves his number to be retired. I don't think he had such an impact to achieve that distintion. With all respects really.

Also in the past 2 years, he has done and said things beyond my comprehension knowing he was deemed very well by the spurs corporation and fans. I honestly think this is a travesty that should be stopped right now before people get hurt.

BonnerDynasty
12-06-2007, 07:26 PM
It's stupid.

Even if it wasn't stupid, horrible fucking timing.

Don't forget it was AJ telling his clowns to bash Ginobili/Parker last night.

SpurOutofTownFan
12-06-2007, 07:28 PM
The story of manu's 6 is here. He used that number overseas.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/behind_the_numbers.html

Manu Ginobili, San Antonio Spurs
by Greg Ruder, Spurs.com

No. 6?! Not for long. Manu now careens in No. 20.
Number 20 wasn’t the number of his boyhood idol. It isn’t the day of the month his first-born was born. And it isn’t the number his father wore and passed down to his son.

“I guess you could just say I like the way it looks,” said Manu Ginobili, starting shooting guard for the San Antonio Spurs. “The interesting story is how I came to wear the No. 20 in the first place.”

Ginobili was signed by the San Antonio Spurs on July 18, 2002, after several seasons spent in the Italian league. At the press conference to announce his signing, he actually held up a jersey with the No. 6 on it.

“The only two numbers I have ever worn in my career were No. 6 and No.10. [The Spurs] originally gave me No. 6, but that was only one season after [Dallas Head Coach and former Spurs point guard] Avery Johnson had left the Spurs, and there was an outcry from the fans who supported Avery in San Antonio," says Ginobli.

Not wanting to start off his NBA career on a bad note in a new city, Ginobili willingly gave up the No. 6 and asked instead for the No. 10. The Spurs, however, had other ideas.

“[The Spurs] told me that they had just given No.10 to Speedy Claxton (signed June 26, 2002) a couple weeks before, so at that point I really didn’t have a preference. So like I said before, I guess I thought that the No. 20 just looked good, so that’s what I took!”

whottt
12-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Avery Johnson had left the Spurs, and there was an outcry from the fans who supported Avery in San Antonio," says Ginobli.

Translation: The Spurs had no intention of retiring his jersey until a bunch of asshats got involved.

At which point AJ responded, "Let him make his own number", showing what a classy dude he is.

AJ? Consider that number made sucka....for all time.

20>6

ShoogarBear
12-06-2007, 09:53 PM
whottt, I'm going to the game. You want to use my other ticket?

T Park
12-06-2007, 10:27 PM
“The only two numbers I have ever worn in my career were No. 6 and No.10. [The Spurs] originally gave me No. 6, but that was only one season after [Dallas Head Coach and former Spurs point guard] Avery Johnson had left the Spurs, and there was an outcry from the fans who supported Avery in San Antonio," says Ginobli.

To those fans, and Don Harris.

Fuck you and get off the Ginobili bandwagon.

Tek_XX
12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
It would be fitting to hang it in the bathroom.

Capt Bringdown
12-06-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm not too thrilled that Sean's and Johnnie Moore's numbers are up there. Nice players, great guys, but they don't belong with the likes of Ice and the Admiral.
Same with Avery.
If you put those guys up there, you'd have to give serious consideration to Larry Kenon, Whopper and maybe some other folks as well.

The rafters should feature immortals only.

sa_kid20
12-06-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm not too thrilled that Sean's and Johnnie Moore's numbers are up there. Nice players, great guys, but they don't belong with the likes of Ice and the Admiral.
Same with Avery.
If you put those guys up there, you'd have to give serious consideration to Larry Kenon, Whopper and maybe some other folks as well.

What about Bruce do you think his number should go up in the rafters? I certainly think it should and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone on that one either.

Avitus1
12-06-2007, 10:51 PM

Agreed.

Tek_XX
12-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Same with Avery.

The Spurs started down this road, now they have to finish it. Everybody who ever played for the Spurs will get their number retired.

porscha
12-06-2007, 11:50 PM
The story of manu's 6 is here. He used that number overseas.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/behind_the_numbers.html

Manu Ginobili, San Antonio Spurs
by Greg Ruder, Spurs.com

No. 6?! Not for long. Manu now careens in No. 20.
Number 20 wasn’t the number of his boyhood idol. It isn’t the day of the month his first-born was born. And it isn’t the number his father wore and passed down to his son.

“I guess you could just say I like the way it looks,” said Manu Ginobili, starting shooting guard for the San Antonio Spurs. “The interesting story is how I came to wear the No. 20 in the first place.”

Ginobili was signed by the San Antonio Spurs on July 18, 2002, after several seasons spent in the Italian league. At the press conference to announce his signing, he actually held up a jersey with the No. 6 on it.

Not wanting to start off his NBA career on a bad note in a new city, Ginobili willingly gave up the No. 6 and asked instead for the No. 10. The Spurs, however, had other ideas.

“[The Spurs] told me that they had just given No.10 to Speedy Claxton (signed June 26, 2002) a couple weeks before, so at that point I really didn’t have a preference. So like I said before, I guess I thought that the No. 20 just looked good, so that’s what I took!”
that the No. 20 certainly just looked good :clap :clap :clap

AFBlue
12-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Is it better or worse that his team seems to be struggling?

On the one hand, you'd actually respect him for taking his career to the next level and leading a solid team to playoff contention and eventual chamionship.

On the other hand....he's the coach for the fucking MAVERICKS!

I give that man no respect for his current affiliation, but appreciate his time on the court.

Bottom Line: I'm torn like a virgin's hymen

rob5
12-07-2007, 12:23 AM
You Avery haters are just a bunch of blind whiners. You call yourselves real Spurs fans? I'm sure you're the same "fans" who will jump off the Spurs bandwagon as soon as the the big 3 retire. Avery was the heart of this team for a long time and those of you who don't realize this probably didn't even give a shit about the Spurs back then so stop pretending you are worthy of commenting on this subject. And as for those of you who just don't like the guy cause he's the Mavs coach....If he were one of Pop's assistants instead, you would be creaming in your pants waiting for Dec. 22. So get your head out of your ass, accept it and move on.

Capt Bringdown
12-07-2007, 12:51 AM
You Avery haters are just a bunch of blind whiners. You call yourselves real Spurs fans? I'm sure you're the same "fans" who will jump off the Spurs bandwagon as soon as the the big 3 retire. Avery was the heart of this team for a long time and those of you who don't realize this probably didn't even give a shit about the Spurs back then so stop pretending you are worthy of commenting on this subject. And as for those of you who just don't like the guy cause he's the Mavs coach....If he were one of Pop's assistants instead, you would be creaming in your pants waiting for Dec. 22. So get your head out of your ass, accept it and move on.

Woah, for a second there I thought I was on SpursReport. No need to call people names, is there son?

sa_kid20
12-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Woah, for a second there I thought I was on SpursReport. No need to call people names, is there son?
considering what people have been saying on the subject i would it is justified

whottt
12-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Rob5 and SAkid 20....

Try this:

AJ (http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi)

You'll fit right in there...

mavs>spurs2
12-07-2007, 01:09 AM
WhotttLogic>u noobs

milkyway21
12-07-2007, 01:09 AM
whottt, I'm going to the game. You want to use my other ticket?:lmao

I'm not excited over this AJ Jersey ceremony. I am a Spurs fan because of Tim Duncan and the Admiral, Then, Manu came, then TP.

I'm happy about the present Spurs. Their loyalty to the team. I am proud of them. I love this team.
I'm proud to be a Spurs fan.

I am not exited to see AJ's jersey hanged next to the Admiral or the Iceman.

I'm sorry San Antonio. :oops

whottt
12-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Quoted for emphasis:

Avery Johnson had left the Spurs, and there was an outcry from the fans who supported Avery in San Antonio," says Ginobli.

And one more time quoted for emphasis:

Let him make his own number - Avery Johnson

As you can see...

the Spurs themselves had no intention of retiring that worthless rag until a bunch of mascot lovers hi jacked the franchise an decided to turn it's retired jerseys into the biggest joke in the NBA.

99% of everybody is the basketball world is going to be scratching their heads at this retirement...including quite a few in SA.

Enjoy your minority rule...

Maybe you wake up once one of AJ's players hurts or injures a Spurs player. They were damn sure trying last night...and AJ was bitching about them getting for fouls for doing it.

Oh well...if the Mavs win it will hurt just a little bit less because it's AJ right? And you question the Spursfandom of others?

Fuck off.

sa_kid20
12-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Rob5 and SAkid 20....

Try this:

AJ (http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi)

You'll fit right in there...
This doesn't have anything to do with the Mavs so i don't know why you would even bring that up. This is about avery being honored for his duty as a SPUR and unlike a lot of you i feel it is well deserved. thats all i'm saying. To me A.J. will always be a spur in my eyes and in my heart.

jay014
12-07-2007, 01:17 AM
Quoted for emphasis:

And one more time quoted for emphasis:

Let him make his own number - Avery Johnson

As you can see...

the Spurs themselves had no intention of retiring that worthless rag until a bunch of mascot lovers hi jacked the franchise an decided to turn it's retired jerseys into the biggest joke in the NBA.

99% of everybody is the basketball world is going to be scratching their heads at this retirement...including quite a few in SA.

Enjoy your minority rule...

Maybe you wake up once one of AJ's players hurts or injures a Spurs player. They were damn sure trying last night...and AJ was bitching about them getting for fouls for doing it.

Oh well...if the Mavs win it will hurt just a little bit less because it's AJ right? And you question the Spursfandom of others?

Fuck off. :tu

whottt
12-07-2007, 01:18 AM
I thought Santa Claus was pretty cool when I was 7 too...doesn't mean I want his jersey retired...asshats.

whottt
12-07-2007, 01:20 AM
I shit on Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Bruce Bowen

sa_kid20
12-07-2007, 01:22 AM
Oh you have jokes. what happen ran out of real things to say?

SAtown
12-07-2007, 01:24 AM
I thought Santa Claus was pretty cool when I was 7 too...doesn't mean I want his jersey retired...asshats.

:lmao

J.T.
12-07-2007, 01:27 AM
This will be the lamest jersey retirement in the history of the NBA once Tony puts the icing on the franchise passing record. Then, the only thing AJ has going for him is that he was on the 99 championship team.

whottt
12-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Oh you have jokes. what happen ran out of real things to say?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2109695&postcount=45

You have absolutely no defense....

whottt
12-07-2007, 01:32 AM
punk

Said about AJ...

Now you think about that for a second....

sa_kid20
12-07-2007, 01:36 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2109695&postcount=45

You have absolutely no defense....
Look man the bottom line is Avery's getting his number reitired and since you obviously have a problem with it then don't watch the ceremony and get over it.

whottt
12-07-2007, 01:43 AM
I have no intention of watching it....

You know why they are doing it don't you? Because 60% of Spurs fans now against it and since you douche bags already got the Spurs to commit to it in 02, Pop wants to keep his word...

I'm sure you'll enjoy it thorgoughly...and if Dallas should make the finals this season...oh well, at least you'll have someone to root for? Good ole AJ right?

Disgusting.

You guys are oppressing the majority of Spursfans...

Don't expect to ever get an ounce of inner peace and satisfaction over it...only a bunch of rolling eyes at what stupid peoeple in large numbers can accomplish.

whottt
12-07-2007, 01:46 AM
You are the Germans that voted Hitler into power...

sa_kid20
12-07-2007, 01:49 AM
...and if Dallas should make the finals this season...oh well, at least you'll have someone to root for? Good ole AJ right?

Man you are so lost. When Dallas beat us in '06 it made me sick to my stomach and believe me nobody has happier that those lucky bastards choked in the finals. The ceremony is a totally seperate issue from anything to do with the Mavs. It's all about avery as a Spur and it ends there.

whottt
12-07-2007, 01:51 AM
So tell me Kid...

When AJ's player leveled Tony Parker last night nearly ending our championship hopes this season...as AJ was sitting there whining like a bitch about how it shouldn't have even been a foul...were you enamored with AJ's cuteness?

Tell me Spurfan...I want to know.

You gonna wear an, "I hate Tony(the boy) Parker" T-Shirt, the night they retire AJ's jersey?

Would be fitting for you to do so...

Maybe bring a Parker, Manu or Bowen doll and stab it in the back again and again and again and again as you cheer that vile unworthy rag being hoisted to the rafters?

C'mon AJ Fan..tell us how you really feel.

sa_kid20
12-07-2007, 01:59 AM
So tell me Kid...

When AJ's player leveled Tony Parker last night nearly ending our championship hopes this season...as AJ was sitting there whining like a bitch about how it shouldn't have even been a foul...were you enamored with AJ's cuteness?

You gonna wear an, "I hate Tony(the boy) Parker" T-Shirt, the night they retire AJ's jersey?

Maybe bring a Parker, Manu or Bowen doll and stab it in the back again and again and again and again as you cheer that vile unworthy rag being hoisted to the rafters?

Oh man no doubt it was a cheap shot i was pissed about it like i'm sure most of you were. I've been a Spurs fan my entire life and i'm not gonna excuse what happen to Tony no matter who the Mavs coach is. I got my teams back always and as far as A.J. is concerned the way i feel about him is strictly as a player and has nothing to do with him as a coach.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-07-2007, 02:04 AM
So tell me Kid...

:lmao :lmao

polandprzem
12-07-2007, 04:33 AM
What AJ did was to win a game for the spurs

:wink

ludda
12-07-2007, 04:42 AM
AJ...overrated player, overrated leader, and overrated coach.

100%duncan
12-07-2007, 06:48 AM
Aj Retire Jersey?!oh That's The Most Stupid Thing I've Heard In My Life!lol

timvp
12-07-2007, 06:59 AM
:lol @ whottt's chode exploding all over this thread. This coming from a guy who was an admitted Mav Fan during the 1999 season. I don't understand how he can call others out for being Mav Fans when he's a recovering Mav Fan himself.

And I'll be at AJ's jersey retirement and watch proudly as the number six jersey is retired. whottt will probably be watching Dancing with the Stars or whatever else he watches instead of Spurs games.

Pop is for it. David Robinson is for it. Sean Elliott is for it. Tim Duncan is for it. timvp is for it.

whottt is against it. Bandwagon, New Age and Short Term Memory Spurs fans are against it.

I like the group I'm in. And really, there's nothing to fight for anymore. AJ is getting his due. Haters can hate but #6 is staying up there forever.

Victory.

KEDA
12-07-2007, 07:22 AM
I have been a Spurs fan since I was a young buck, and I have always disliked AJ. I rank him up there with Carl Herrera and Frank Brickowski on my Spurs shit list!

I might go to the game so I can boo my ass off, thats how much I dislike the guy.

sontinospurs
12-07-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm sure you guys really disliked the guy during the Knicks game in '99 for the game clincher. People also forget he had a great series against Minnesota/Portland that year. His knock was his outside game, which he overcame in those playoffs. I have been a fan since the ABA days, and have seen some bad Spurs come and go, A.J. was definitely not one of them. He also overcame Mighty Mouths (D.Stoudamire) declaration that he would never lead to Spurs to a title! :toast

SAGambler
12-07-2007, 09:41 AM
When he was playing for the Spurs, I liked him fine. He played tough...wasn't the most talented, but did his job.

He never did enough to warrant retiring his Jersey tho. I mean, alongside ICE, ROBINSON?

No freakin' way.

silly move.

Kind of the way I feel. I like AJ alright when he was with the Spurs, but certainly I don't see how he rates a Jersey Retirement.

Oh, well, maybe he will pick that night to announce his retirement as the Mavs coach. Go out while he is still kind of on top. Before the Mavs embarass hiim completely and go for a sub 500 season.

KEDA
12-07-2007, 09:57 AM
he hit ONE shot

so what?

Does anyone honestly think we would have not beat the Knicks that year if he did not make that shot?

sontinospurs
12-07-2007, 10:09 AM
I think the Spurs are looking at the bigger picture of what he brought to the team and organization, what he stood for, etc....

sontinospurs
12-07-2007, 10:13 AM
As far as the shot goes, yeah it was just one shot. Just responding to the A.J. bashers on this board. No need to bash the guy just because he became the coach of the Mavericks, ok maybe just a little, haha. If we do that, might as well bash Mario Elie (mavs asst) also.

angel_luv
12-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Sean Elliot at the Tip Off Luncheon:

" The Spurs need to put Avery's retired jersey right by the new championship banner so he'll know what he is missing."

As far as the shot goes, yeah it was just one shot. Just responding to the A.J. bashers on this board. No need to bash the guy just because he became the coach of the Mavericks, ok maybe just a little, haha. If we do that, might as well bash Mario Elie (mavs asst) also.

Mario, who?

:)

MoSpur
12-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I've been a fan since 1987. That's 20 years now that I think about it. I liked AJ when he was a Spur. Not gonna deny that. Not that AJ is the Mavs coach, I really dislike him. However, that has nothing to do with me not wanting his jersey retired. I can see why the organization is doing it. I just don't agree with it. In the next 15 years or so you're going to look up in the rafters and see, #44, #50, #13, #00, #32, #21, #20, #9 and you're gonna see #6.

That just doesn't look right.

rob5
12-07-2007, 12:23 PM
You are the Germans that voted Hitler into power...
...and you are the cum your mom should have swallowed.

shelshor
12-07-2007, 01:34 PM
If the midget gets #6 retired for the joke of the new century, then there is no question that Bowen should have #12 retired
And where is the banner for the Coyote being voted into the Mascot Hall of Fame?

timvp
12-07-2007, 01:56 PM
I just don't agree with it. In the next 15 years or so you're going to look up in the rafters and see, #44, #50, #13, #6, #32, #21, #20, #9 and you're gonna see #00.

That just doesn't look right.Agreed.

Extra Stout
12-07-2007, 02:00 PM
I was once against retiring #6, but was convinced that retiring the numbers of players who weren't great, but who were fan favorites, is normal.

whottt
12-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Except for the fact that he's no longer a fan favorite...run a poll on it if you doubt. That's why the Spurs are rushing it....

Not to mention the fact that the Spurs themselves had no intention of retiring it...

By Manu's own words...

This is the part where timvp calls Manu a liar...

stab stab stab

WhotttDynasty
12-07-2007, 02:19 PM
AJ is just a fluke player who hit a fluke shot. David Robinson was the real point guard on that team. David Robinson would have won six championships at point guard.

AJ was no fan favorite. No surprise, that was just fans cheering for a player they were supposed to cheer for.

whottt
12-07-2007, 02:23 PM
stab

ShoogarBear
12-07-2007, 05:56 PM
I've been a fan since 1987. That's 20 years now that I think about it. I liked AJ when he was a Spur. Not gonna deny that. Not that AJ is the Mavs coach, I really dislike him. However, that has nothing to do with me not wanting his jersey retired. I can see why the organization is doing it. I just don't agree with it. In the next 15 years or so you're going to look up in the rafters and see, #44, #50, #13, #00, #32, #21, #20, #9 and you're gonna see #6.

That just doesn't look right.So . . . you're not going to retire Bowen's number?

Fail.

milkyway21
12-07-2007, 08:30 PM
:lol @ whottt's chode exploding all over this thread. This coming from a guy who was an admitted Mav Fan during the 1999 season. I don't understand how he can call others out for being Mav Fans when he's a recovering Mav Fan himself.

And I'll be at AJ's jersey retirement and watch proudly as the number six jersey is retired. whottt will probably be watching Dancing with the Stars or whatever else he watches instead of Spurs games.

Pop is for it. David Robinson is for it. Sean Elliott is for it. Tim Duncan is for it. timvp is for it.

whottt is against it. Bandwagon, New Age and Short Term Memory Spurs fans are against it.

I like the group I'm in. And really, there's nothing to fight for anymore. AJ is getting his due. Haters can hate but #6 is staying up there forever.

Victory.
I admitted I became a Spurs fan when they drafted Duncan(that was when MJ retired for a while), I am not really a fan of AJ. But I truly respect the opinions of others who think his jersey shld be on the rafters.

I just hope Spurs fans being classy as they are, won't BOOO him during the ceremony. If they do, it will be in the news and that would embarrass the Spurs org as well as the Spurs fans around the world, IMO. If you don't like it, don't clap. But don't BOO.

KEDA
12-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I admitted I became a Spurs fan when they drafted Duncan(that was when MJ retired for a while), I am not really a fan of AJ. But I truly respect the opinions of others who think his jersey shld be on the rafters.

I just hope Spurs fans being classy as they are, won't BOOO him during the ceremony. If they do, it will be in the news and that would embarrass the Spurs org as well as the Spurs fans around the world, IMO. If you don't like it, don't clap. But don't BOO.

Im going to BOO that guy until I shit myself!

DAINTX
12-07-2007, 09:55 PM
For the few who want to whine about the shots Manu and Tony took in the Mavs game...STOP IT! We don't want to sound like Suns fans here! Whinning about physical play...hell, it's a man's game! Manu & Tony aren't pissing and moaning about it. Neither is Pop. That should end it. If the Mavs want to get physical...I'm for it. Let the Spurs bring it to 'em! Turn Horry loose!

As for AJ...the guys he played with think he's deserving. I guess some here know more about leadership & value to the team than D Rob, Sean, etc? Uh huh. Yeah, sure you do.

whottt
12-07-2007, 10:14 PM
For the few who want to whine about the shots Manu and Tony took in the Mavs game...STOP IT! We don't want to sound like Suns fans here! Whinning about physical play...hell, it's a man's game! Manu & Tony aren't pissing and moaning about it. Neither is Pop. That should end it. If the Mavs want to get physical...I'm for it. Let the Spurs bring it to 'em! Turn Horry loose!

As for AJ...the guys he played with think he's deserving. I guess some here know more about leadership & value to the team than D Rob, Sean, etc? Uh huh. Yeah, sure you do.

Ands there it is folks...

Sickening.

ShoogarBear
12-07-2007, 11:06 PM

Sickening.There what is? :lol

whottt
12-07-2007, 11:58 PM
There what is? :lol

The league is investigating the shots that were given to Manu...it was obvious they crossed the line...

And that suckhole is acting like it's just typical basketball...because he's got his lips wrapped about AJ's sac...

He's not just throwing Manu and Parker under the bus, he's giving AJ directions on backing up over them.

Fuck AJ.

ShoogarBear
12-08-2007, 12:02 AM
whottt, c'mon man, you gotta go with me to the game on the 22nd.

DAINTX
12-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Whott...you are a pussy. Crybaby. Quit your whinning. Little pussy.

whottt
12-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Whott...you are a pussy. Crybaby. Quit your whinning. Little pussy.

No...you're just a fucking idiot.

The league is investigating those fouls...stupid fuck. You think that's common?

Get back to AJ...he wanted a completion. Fuckwad.

whottt
12-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Oh...and AJ sucked ass. It's a fucking joke people hold David Robinson responsible for not winning a title...

Anyone watch the fucking game tonight? You remember any guard play like that when he was playing?

timvp
12-08-2007, 01:46 AM
:lol @ the meltdown.

:madrun They're investigating.

:madrun I hate AJ.

:madrun Dancing with the Stars rerun.

DAINTX
12-08-2007, 01:48 AM
I know it's not "common", pussy. But no one on the team is complaining about it. It's physical play and if you don't like it, the answer is get more physical than they are, dimwit. Only a pussy looks to the league to resolve their problems. You sound like little Stevie Nash (another pussy) complaining about Horry. I guess you like "gentlemen's rules". I bet you were a real pussy in street ball. Mama ever get tired of hearing you come in the door crying? Or did she just shove your little snotty face between her legs and make you all better. Little pussy.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-08-2007, 01:53 AM
I might just try to get a ticket if Shoog somehow convinces Whottt to go.

rob5
12-08-2007, 02:12 AM
If the midget gets #6 retired for the joke of the new century, then there is no question that Bowen should have #12 retired
And where is the banner for the Coyote being voted into the Mascot Hall of Fame?
midget? i bet he's taller than u. u fucking loser.. how much ball have U played??? i wonder. Never mind i think i know...NONE

rob5
12-08-2007, 02:13 AM
whottt, c'mon man, you gotta go with me to the game on the 22nd.
Fag

rob5
12-08-2007, 02:18 AM

Sickening.
whottt..are u always this stupid, or are u making a special effort today

ShoogarBear
12-08-2007, 02:26 AM
FagES?

mavs>spurs2
12-08-2007, 02:29 AM
whottt..are u always this stupid, or are u making a special effort today

He's always this way

THE SIXTH MAN
12-08-2007, 02:34 AM
ES?
:lol

milkyway21
12-08-2007, 02:55 AM
No...you're just a fucking idiot.

The league is investigating those fouls...stupid fuck. You think that's common?

Get back to AJ...he wanted a completion. Fuckwad.
I bet Whott will make it to his 20,000th post by the 22nd of Dec. just bec of AJ :lol