PDA

View Full Version : Newman Has Sand in His Vag, Threatens Cheap Shot

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Newman

"Basically what it boils down to is you've got to watch what you say. Your mouth can't write checks that your (butt) can't cash. That's what it comes down to," said Newman, who didn't rule out a late hit on Kitna to get his message across. "Everybody's going to see those quotes. He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge because I've got 15, 25, 30 (thousand dollars), however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet definitely."

Honestly, probably the dumbest thing I've heard someone say in the last few years.

I hope he follows through with it. This way, when the Lions retaliate and take out Romo's knees, you Cowboy fans will know who to blame.

dougp
12-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Newman

Honestly, probably the dumbest thing I've heard someone say in the last few years.

I hope he follows through with it. This way, when the Lions retaliate and take out Romo's knees, you Cowboy fans will know who to blame.
Have fun getting past the Cowboys line, and then CATCHING Romo.

monosylab1k
12-06-2007, 03:30 PM
If Jon Kitna wasn't a douche who was talking shit while on a 2-14 team, none of this would be a problem. The guy said some pretty harsh stuff about Bradie James and he deserves whatever is coming to him in fair play. The cheap shot crap is fucking stupid tho.

12-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Have fun getting past the Cowboys line, and then CATCHING Romo.

Yeah, because Romo never scrambles.

Extra Stout
12-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Publicly threatening a cheap shot should itself draw Newman a fine, and an earful from Wade Phillips.

Posting a 41-7 whipping on the Lions would say all that needs to be said.

samikeyp
12-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Publicly threatening a cheap shot should itself draw Newman a fine, and an earful from Wade Phillips.

Posting a 41-7 whipping on the Lions would say all that needs to be said.

Agreed.

I like Newman but dude needs to let his play do the talking.

dickface
12-06-2007, 03:52 PM
the cowboys seem way too focused on this kitna stuff, and detroit is desperate for a win. i smell upset.

samikeyp
12-06-2007, 04:42 PM
the full article...

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman has been put on notice by the NFL after indicating his desire for revenge on Detroit quarterback Jon Kitna.

Posted on Newman's locker Thursday was a letter he received from the NFL after making comments about Kitna during a satellite radio interview. Newman refused comment to reporters when he walked through the locker room.

"Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend's Cowboys-Lions game," read part of the letter signed by Ray Anderson, NFL executive vice president for football operations. "As you know, flagrant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly."

Kitna threw four touchdown passes in the regular-season finale in Dallas last year to end a 3-13 season for Detroit. In an interview the following week with a radio station in Seattle, where the Cowboys had to go for the playoffs, Kitna called out the Dallas defense, specifically linebacker Bradie James.

The Cowboys (11-1), who have already clinched another playoff spot this season, play at Detroit on Sunday. Kitna's bulletin-board remarks from January have been widely discussed.

While Newman hasn't spoken to local media this week, he issued what amounted to a warning for Kitna during an interview Tuesday on Sirius NFL Radio.

"Basically what it boils down to is you've got to watch what you say. Your mouth can't write checks that your [expletive] can't cash. That's what it comes down to," Newman said. "Everybody's going to see those quotes. He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge, because I've got 15, 25, 30 [thousand dollars], however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet definitely."

In the NFL letter to Newman, Anderson wrote those comments were 'thoughtless and irresponsible" and "contrary to all the NFL stands for."

On Monday, when the Cowboys returned to practice from a three-day weekend following their victory over Green Bay, James was already talking about facing Kitna and the Lions.

"It has been circled on my calendar the whole year, and here we are and I'm looking forward to it," James said. "Y'all can ask me about Jon Kitna every day from here on out the rest of my life and I will get fired up. ... He talked like we weren't ever going to play them again. We're going to be ready."

samikeyp
12-06-2007, 04:43 PM
I do not condone cheap shots in any way shape or form nor am I defending what Newman said but Kitna can't spout off then expect no response.

Taco's Troll
12-06-2007, 05:00 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7534448

NFL warns Newman after 'revenge' threat
/ Associated Press
Posted: 23 minutes ago

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman has been put on notice by the NFL after indicating his desire for revenge on Detroit quarterback Jon Kitna.
Posted on Newman's locker Thursday was a letter he received from the NFL after making comments about Kitna during a satellite radio interview. Newman refused comment to reporters when he walked through the locker room.

"Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend's Cowboys-Lions game," read part of the letter signed by Ray Anderson, NFL executive vice president for football operations. "As you know, flagrant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly."

Kitna threw four touchdown passes in the regular-season finale in Dallas last year to end a 3-13 season for Detroit. In an interview the following week with a radio station in Seattle, where the Cowboys had to go for the playoffs, Kitna called out the Dallas defense, specifically linebacker Bradie James.

The Cowboys (11-1), who have already clinched another playoff spot this season, play at Detroit on Sunday. Kitna's bulletin-board remarks from January have been widely discussed.

While Newman hasn't spoken to local media this week, he issued what amounted to a warning for Kitna during an interview Tuesday on Sirius NFL Radio.

"Basically what it boils down to is you've got to watch what you say. Your mouth can't write checks that your (expletive) can't cash. That's what it comes down to," Newman said. "Everybody's going to see those quotes. He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge, because I've got 15, 25, 30 (thousand dollars), however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet definitely."

In the NFL letter to Newman, Anderson wrote those comments were "thoughtless and irresponsible" and "contrary to all the NFL stands for."

On Monday, when the Cowboys returned to practice from a three-day weekend following their victory over Green Bay, James was already talking about facing Kitna and the Lions.

"It has been circled on my calendar the whole year, and here we are and I'm looking forward to it," James said. "Y'all can ask me about Jon Kitna every day from here on out the rest of my life and I will get fired up. ... He talked like we weren't ever going to play them again. We're going to be ready."

scott
12-06-2007, 06:57 PM
It will be great when Newman shows blitz and never comes, and Kitna throws another one of his famous "not his fault" INTs as a result.

This is a perfect game plan for a puss like Kitna!

PS: Kitna went on the radio and said he was "just kidding" about his comments about James and Newman last year. Who's the Vag now?

tlongII
12-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Hello Newman

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm sure Terrence will be just as happy standing on the star in the end zone following a returned pick.

But yeah, no cheap shots... just kick their ass.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Stupid for Newman to say. If you want to hit someone do it don't run your mouth.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Newman Has Sand in His Vag

:lmao

O-Factor
12-06-2007, 10:30 PM
. . . This way, when the Lions retaliate and take out Romo's knees, you Cowboy fans will know who to blame.

This is even dumber than what Newman said....

O-Factor
12-06-2007, 10:31 PM
I do not condone cheap shots in any way shape or form nor am I defending what Newman said but Kitna can't spout off then expect no response.

Agreed. :toast

12-06-2007, 11:50 PM

Especially when what Kitna said, for the most part, was true.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-07-2007, 12:14 AM

Kitna lies all the time that's what his problem is. Hell just this year he said the lions were a playoff 10,11 win team. :drunk

Marklar MM
12-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Lions upset. Kitna throws three touchdowns to Newman covered players.

Mr Dio
12-07-2007, 02:48 AM

You def aren't referring to the "10 wins" prediction right? :lol

Mr Dio
12-07-2007, 02:48 AM

And the passes were to Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny & Tooth Fairy??? :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Holy shit. A Dio sighting... even though I saw him drive right in front of me one afternoon at Wurzbach and Babcock.

12-07-2007, 03:22 AM
You def aren't referring to the "10 wins" prediction right? :lol

No, to the part where he said James was lost on the field and they could throw on Newman, which they did. Repeatedly.

samikeyp
12-07-2007, 08:07 AM

No one is disputing the truth of the remarks....Kitna torched the Cowboys last year. So because it was true, the Cowboys players can't say anything at all about it?

IMO, its a matter of good sportsmanship and none was shown here by either side. Then again, I understand that the idea of good sportsmanship is a lost concept these days to most players and fans.

Just my .02.

sa_butta
12-07-2007, 08:14 AM
No one is disputing the truth of the remarks....Kitna torched the Cowboys last year. So because it was true, the Cowboys players can't say anything at all about it?

IMO, its a matter of good sportsmanship and none was shown here by either side. Then again, I understand that the idea of good sportsmanship is a lost concept these days to most players and fans.

Just my .02.True that.

It is very rarely seen these days, this is just a situation where both guys need to drink a glass of shut the hell up and play the game. Talkin smack is nothing if you cant back it up, so lets just see what you got on the field. Truth of the matter is that the Cowboys are a better team, and Kitna is using last years victory to fire up his team and try to pull a win out of his ass. Newman is just firing back.

fyatuk
12-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Newman

How often does Newman blitz? once every couple games? There's basically zero chance the two will come anywhere near each other unless Kitna throws an INT and tries to make a tackle. Newman knows that. It was just trash talk.

Of course it was an extremely stupid thing to say because you knew the NFL was going to come down on him just for saying it, and it would significantly increase the penalties of anything he did do because it would have been obviously premeditated. That, and it means the game will probably be called tighter which the Cowboys rarely do well with.

Kitna's a douche for saying what he did last year, but come on now, it has been almost a full year. I could understand this reaction from James and Newman if it was say the first or second game of the season, but this is just rediculous.

12-07-2007, 08:44 AM

Just my .02.

Saying something about it and saying you intend to hit him illegally are two different things.

He basically is calling his shot in the media. It's an idiotic thing to do. Now, any questionable hit, intentional or not, on Kitna by ANY Cowboy defender will be scrutinized by the league and the Lions.

Lion Center Dom Raiola:

"Who the hell does he think he is?" Raiola said on Thursday. "You don't make comments like that in this league."

Raiola doesn't have an issue with Newman being upset, but it's his method of revenge that he has an issue with.

"If you're going to (hit him hard), do it fair and square," Raiola said. "You're going to try to cheap-shot somebody? Say you're going to pick him off or you're going to make one of his receivers pay -- I don't care -- but when you say you've got money put away for fines? That takes it to a whole different level.

"You say you're going to come out and hurt him and what are we supposed to think? What if we come out and say we're going to take cheap shots the entire game? They're not going to like that, are they? Nobody would like that."

Thanks to Newman's comments, Kitna isn't the only one with a target on his back, like it or not. Adding up to be a dirty game...

Spawn
12-07-2007, 09:00 AM
This is getting gay.

samikeyp
12-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Saying something about it and saying you intend to hit him illegally are two different things.

He basically is calling his shot in the media. It's an idiotic thing to do. Now, any questionable hit, intentional or not, on Kitna by ANY Cowboy defender will be scrutinized by the league and the Lions

Thanks to Newman's comments, Kitna isn't the only one with a target on his back, like it or not. Adding up to be a dirty game...

I agree with both points. I didn't like Kitna's comments but I thought Newman's were worse. Hopefully it doesn't escalate into anything nasty.

Duff McCartney
12-07-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm sure Terrence will be just as happy standing on the star in the end zone following a returned pick.

Detroit has stars in its endzone?

BeerIsGood!
12-07-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't like how this is shaping up. No need to say anthing at all, just play the game. It's not like the Lions were going to do much this game anyway. I doubt anything outside of football will happen, but just win the damn game and get ready for the next one.

Extra Stout
12-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Yes. He is going to stand directly on top of Roy Williams.

JamStone
12-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Kitna was stupid for his comments. But, his comments were a year ago after the Lions actually beat the Cowboys.

Newman is stupid for his comments. The Cowboys are going to beat the Lions by 50 points anyway. What's the point?

BeerIsGood!
12-07-2007, 01:50 PM

Roy Williams has done a fairly decent job recently. With the other Roy Williams out I'm not sure who you're talking about. Calvin Johnson? Please, that fool can't hold onto the ball, he's dropping more passes than TO with a broken finger.

samikeyp
12-07-2007, 02:07 PM

That would be a switch...usually everyone just runs past him. :)

Extra Stout
12-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Roy Williams has done a fairly decent job recently. With the other Roy Williams out I'm not sure who you're talking about. Calvin Johnson? Please, that fool can't hold onto the ball, he's dropping more passes than TO with a broken finger.
Er... OK. Maybe Kid Rock will attend the game and Newman can stand on him.

2centsworth
12-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Newman needs to calm down. The Cowboys are talking like they've won something.

11-1 aint jack if you can't cash in.

samikeyp
12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Newman needs to calm down. The Cowboys are talking like they've won something.

11-1 aint jack if you can't cash in.

QFT

MajorMike
12-07-2007, 03:01 PM

I notice how you didn't say "...Williams covered players."

I would assume that is because we all know Williams can't cover.

Flight3107
12-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Who cares, Detroit sucks and is not going anywhere after the regular season is over. Just pull a Patriots and light them up for 60.

johnsmith
12-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I haven't read this whole thread but I will say this. Newman needs to quiet the fuck down and just play football. His team is probably the best team in the league not named the patriots and they need to focus on winning and nothing else.

Cheap shots, trash talking, and running up the score on your opponents, and TO and Randy Moss..........gotta love the NFL's number 1 and 2.

When did this league become the NBA?

samikeyp
12-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Saying and doing are two different things.

Hopefully he reins it in and just plays.

JamStone
12-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Who cares, Detroit sucks and is not going anywhere after the regular season is over. Just pull a Patriots and light them up for 60.

Exactly. Lions are finished anyway. What was the point talking shit about them? Newman should know better knowing the Cowboys are going to win by 50.

Harry Callahan
12-09-2007, 03:28 AM
I heard the actual interview (audio and not a text version) Kitna gave on the Seattle radio station last year. I could not believe my ears when he said a player on an opposing team did not look like he knew where he was on the field. Kitna did not call the player out by name - he instead used James' number. So he doesn't know the name of a starting player he studied all week? Right.

Terrance Newman was called Dallas' best corner. But moron did not stop yapping and said "...he's no Marcus Trufant". Stupid and untrue.

Keep in mind Kitna knew he was playing Dallas in the 07 season at the time of that interview.

Now Dallas is playing a much more aggressive style of defense with significant additions to the pass rushers now (Ellis and Spenser).

Detroit does not have Roy Williams to catch passes today - their best player, probably.

Kitna better be taking three step drops and getting rid of the ball or he is going to pick up another concussion. When you finish a season at 3-13 and have the second or third worst record in the league, you don't go calling out players from a team that at least was able to make the playoffs.

BTW,
Looks like (unless there is a miracle) Mr. Bigmouth's prediction of a 10 win season will soon be out the window.

To quote the great Mr. T, my prediction for the Lions and more specifically Mr. Kitna is "Pain". That is all.

Harry Callahan
12-09-2007, 03:34 AM
Newman

You must not have heard the Kitna interview from last year did you?

Newman does not blitz the QB. There will be no direct retaliation. The front seven will take care of Kitna.

Mr. Lionfan. Remember what the Packers did to Kitna? They (the packers) could not generate a sack against the Cowboys.

Dallas will simply outscore this crew. Kitna will have to absorb his beating and shut his piehole at the same time.

Demo Dick Marcinko
12-09-2007, 04:37 AM
You must not have heard the Kitna interview from last year did you?

Newman does not blitz the QB. There will be no direct retaliation. The front seven will take care of Kitna.

Mr. Lionfan. Remember what the Packers did to Kitna? They (the packers) could not generate a sack against the Cowboys.

Dallas will simply outscore this crew. Kitna will have to absorb his beating and shut his piehole at the same time.

I'm not so sure Harry, remember God plays through Kitna. Expect Manna, wine and fish to be sold at the ballpark.

Hook Dem
12-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Wanna share that wacky tobacky?

BeerIsGood!
12-09-2007, 10:58 AM
This game still interests me because weird shit seems to happen when the Cowboys play in Detroit, historically speaking. This Cowboys team should be good enough to overcome that and win handily, but Kitna is a streaky player and if allowed to get hot can do some damage. He's an idiot, but still an NFL talent who shows flashes from time to time. The defense needs to put 48 minutes of strong play together again like on Thanksgiving.

BeerIsGood!
12-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I just saw a clip on TV that included the Kitna interview, and his tone was definitely not joking. What an ass. I seriously hope he get's Favred on the field on a clean shot. Fuck That Puto.

Beware Nate Jones BIAAAAAAATCH!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-09-2007, 01:13 PM

I thought the game was in Dallas.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Coulda driven a truck through that hole.

BeerIsGood!
12-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Nice of the Cowboys to start the game asleep. Nothing new I guess.

BonnerDynasty
12-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Nice slam by D Ware.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Cowboys better nut up this quarter.

BeerIsGood!
12-09-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't know why but strange shit always happens to the Cowboys in Detroit. They look horrible - missing FG and letting that weak ass team run on them. Fucking bizzare.

SAtown
12-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Sloppy play from Dallas so far. They almost just lost a fumble

SAtown
12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
TD Barbarian

JamStone
12-09-2007, 01:49 PM
They did lose the fumble. Officials gave one to Dallas. Like Aikman said, if it was so clear Dallas recovered, why did they wait to make the call after the scrum and Detroit pulled the ball away?

12-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Dallas getting the breaks so far.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Dallas are 5000% better than the Lions. They don't need help from the officials not calling an obvious defensive pass interference.

BeerIsGood!
12-09-2007, 02:11 PM
The defense can't even step up when the offense has a bad game. Pathetic defense and the worst outing of the season.

12-09-2007, 02:15 PM
All bark, no bite.

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 02:16 PM

yeah, let's check who's on their way to the playoffs and who's hanging by a thread there, buddy. ;)

-Mars

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 02:17 PM
arghhh stupid Cox won't show the game.

-Mars

BeerIsGood!
12-09-2007, 02:18 PM
All bark, no bite.
Thats a dumbass thing to say about a team thats 11-1. Just one of those days so far and this thing is far from over.

Jason_Terry
12-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Like the Bills game, it looks like this may be another one of their fuck up games.

I guess it's better to get it over with now instead of waiting for the playoffs to have another one.

BonnerDynasty
12-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I think the Grinch stole Defense from the city of Dallas this year.

12-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Thats a dumbass thing to say about a team thats 11-1. Just one of those days so far and this thing is far from over.

What does 11-1 have to do with getting pushed around by an inept offense?

BeerIsGood!
12-09-2007, 02:25 PM
What does 11-1 have to do with getting pushed around by an inept offense?
it doesn't. It has to do with your dumbass comment because obviously they've bitten a lot of mofos this year. Just a lack of concentration and gumption that needs to be corrected at halftime. Besides, the Lions can do some damage when they bother to show up.

BonnerDynasty
12-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Wow.

ROMO!!!!!!

dirk4mvp
12-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Wow.

BARBER!!!!!!

I agree. :toast

Jason_Terry
12-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Ok, now we need to play some fucking defense for the rest of the game.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Nice what a beautiful throw by Romo.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 02:29 PM
it doesn't. It has to do with your dumbass comment because obviously they've bitten a lot of mofos this year. Just a lack of concentration and gumption that needs to be corrected at halftime. Besides, the Lions can do some damage when they bother to show up.

Ok, how about all bark, no bite today from the Dallas defense against an inept offense with a bottom 5 O-line in the league. That specific enough?

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 02:30 PM
i think dallas needs a visit from Pop at halftime to correct that defense.

-Mars

12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Jesus.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Are we playing in Dallas?

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Infact, Pop is so amazing I bet he could take a sidejob as D coordinator for the 'Boys.

-Mars

12-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Terrible officiating.

Two blatant PI calls and no flag.

12-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Ok, how about all bark, no bite today from the Dallas defense against an inept offense with a bottom 5 O-line in the league. That specific enough?

I guess I need to be more specific.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Officials are just favoring the team they're supposed to favor.

-CowboysDynasty

J.T.
12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Why does Detroit throw a long pass on 3rd and 1. Retarded.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 02:53 PM
You answered your question. The offensive play calling is retarded. And, also the Lions O-line is horrible. Getting 1 yard is not a sure thing with a run with that O-line.

J.T.
12-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Romo meltdown!

J.T.
12-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Detroit with good field position.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Nice drive, and ate up a few minutes too.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Dallas is doing everything they can to lose the game. Detroit is playing very good. I still don't think it's any where close to over.

12-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Still a firm believer that the Lions will find a way to lose...

But they are simply the better team right now. There are no fluke plays, TOs, etc. They are just taking it to the Cowboys.

Jason_Terry
12-09-2007, 03:15 PM
This is pathetic.

You'd swear Barry Sanders were out there playing for the Lions today.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:22 PM
This reminds me of the Early 90's Cowboys!!!

Played like shit against Detroit and always dropped a late season game that is winnable.

:bang

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Uh-oh.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Thank you Barbarian!

Now if the defense can pull their heads out.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Stay on your damn feet, Redding.

Wayyyyyyyy too easy after making a couple good stops.

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 03:30 PM
0 confidence in dallas' D at this point.

-Mars

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:31 PM
which is more than I have.

Marklar MM
12-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Is this the Detroit Lions?

Marklar MM
12-09-2007, 03:33 PM
These spiking delay of game penalties are hella stupid if you ask me.

Jason_Terry
12-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Looks like they're gonna have to win games 56-42 come playoff time if they want to make it to the Super Bowl.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Fuck yea missed FG.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:35 PM
These spiking delay of game penalties are hella stupid if you ask me.

I agree...if you spike it in a guy's face that is one thing but if you do it because you are mad at yourself, I don't think it should be called.

JamStone
There it is. Lions definitely lose this game.

scott
Are Jon Kitna and Rod Marinelli brothers?

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:36 PM
There it is. Lions definitely lose this game.

You will forgive me if I don't buy it just yet. :)

12-09-2007, 03:37 PM
I agree...if you spike it in a guy's face that is one thing but if you do it because you are mad at yourself, I don't think it should be called.

Barber does it out of bounds in the defenders face, no call.

CJ and Romo do it out of frustration with no one around, called both times.

The officiating is bad enough as it is, no need to add penalties like this.

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 03:37 PM
lions have left the door wide open for romo

-Mars

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Witten = stud.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Witten = stud.

Agreed....he has played his ass off today.

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
witten is a beast

-Mars

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 03:43 PM
one of the best plays of the season for the 'Boys came when Witten lost his helmet but kept on running and ended up with a nosebleed.

-Mars

JamStone
12-09-2007, 03:44 PM
No need for forgiveness. The missed field goal was the sign. It was already written. It's just how it's going to be. Good, tough game by the Lions, but they will lose.

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 03:44 PM
cowboys haven't chewed up enough clock.

-Mars

12-09-2007, 03:45 PM
You jinxed him.

samikeyp
No need for forgiveness. The missed field goal was the sign. It was already written. It's just how it's going to be. Good, tough game by the Lions, but they will lose.

I still have confidence in the Cowboys screwing up....and as I type...false start Dallas.

Jason_Terry
The way the Cowboys have played defense today, the Lions still have a chance.

12-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I still have confidence in the Cowboys screwing up....and as I type...false start Dallas.

There is no comparison to the Lions screwing up.

They will lose by one point.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:47 PM
and there you have it....fumble.

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 03:47 PM
why has CBS not changed from this boring GB crap to the dallas game yet.

-Mars

BonnerDynasty
12-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Well that sucks.

These officials are garbage.

Mr.Bottomtooth
:bang

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:49 PM
These officials are garbage.

They called it a fumble...which it was.

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 03:50 PM
you've gotta be KIDDING ME!!!!

-Mars

They called it a fumble...which it was.

Talking about blowing the play dead 5 seconds after the snap for the TO.

Jason_Terry
Get a fucking stop here, Dallas!!!

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 03:51 PM
looks like the lions are content to punt the ball away.

-Mars

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 03:52 PM
or not.

-Mars

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:52 PM
well....looks like they clinch the division next week.

Jason_Terry
12-09-2007, 03:53 PM
This is making me mad :drunk

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm with ya bro.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Damn.

BonnerDynasty
12-09-2007, 03:54 PM
What a waste of an amazing offense.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 03:56 PM
I think we praised Witten too early.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Finally the D produces.

Marklar MM
Dallas will win now.

samikeyp
Two missed fg's in this game loom large.

Jason_Terry
12-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I know it's easy to sit here and talk, but if only Jason Whitten had gone down instead of fighting for the TD.

Well, there's still some hope.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Dallas wins for sure.

12-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Dallas wins for sure.

+1

CowboyFan is fretting for no reason.

We've seen this type of game/finish many times as Lion fans.

The one point loss is inevitable.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I always fret...its what I do.

:lol

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:01 PM
They need to get Colombo out of there. He is killing Dallas.

Jason_Terry
12-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Tony Romo is gonna throw an int. I can feel it coming.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Fuck you TO.

Marklar MM
Fuck. You guys catch a brake because the guy wanted to run it back.

samikeyp
oy.

Marklar MM
12-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Was that Redding who botched that fumble recovery?

Marklar MM
Oh Lenin. We can blame Lenin now if we lose.

See? Instead of falling on the ball, he boots it.

Lion logic, baby.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Thank you Sam Hurd.

Brackenridge, baby!

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 04:07 PM
they have to make this as exciting as possible

-Mars

Jason_Terry
12-09-2007, 04:08 PM
This ending kinda reminds me of the Pats/Ravens game. Hopefully we'll get the same results the Patriots did.

12-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Like clockwork.

JamStone
Believers now?

samikeyp
Good.

Witten, you owed us one.

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Giants beat Eagles 16-13

AND THE COWBOYS JUST SCORED!!! THEY JUST SWITCHED AND I SAW THE TOUCHDOWN!!!!

-Mars

Jason_Terry
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

samikeyp
Believers now?

no because the clock doesn't say 0:00.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:11 PM
The way Kitna has burned the Cowboys all day, they still have a shot.

Marklar MM
Lions are horrible...worst franchise ever.

Extra Stout
How does Matt Millen not just curl into the fetal position?

Marklar MM
The way Kitna has burned the Cowboys all day, they still have a shot.

We have no shot.

Marklar MM
12-09-2007, 04:12 PM

Because if he did, he would get another 5 year extension.

samikeyp

Because William Clay Ford pays him a shitload of money.

$30,000,000 AND a fucking extension.

Marklar MM
12-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Your welcome for the victory.

Signed,
Paris Lennon

Marklar MM
12-09-2007, 04:14 PM
The sad thing...Detroit should have won this game.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Kitna was right about the secondary though.

pking
12-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Whew, I was swettin' that one. Couldn't even watch. Wuss chick fan here, I can't deal when it gets gritty :lol

ClingingMars
so glad i caught the end of that one.

-Mars

Marklar MM
Only 3 more years til Millens contract is up...and signs another extension.

samikeyp
Wow.

What a game.

I am not much of a shit talker but even if I was, I wouldn't say a word. Detroit played their asses off and handed Dallas theirs for most of this game. Having been up here for a year now, I have met a lot of Lions fans....you deserve better than the bullshit Matt Millen is pulling. I really hope things get better because you guys are too good of a fanbase.

:toast

12-09-2007, 04:16 PM

Meh, Dallas is the better team and the Lions needed to make zero mistakes to win. They made two, not falling on the fumble and missing the FG.

Plus, the officials didn't help their cause any.

samikeyp
Kitna was right about the secondary though.

yes he was!

BeerIsGood!
Damn, we look like the Patriots.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Whew, I was swettin' that one. Couldn't even watch. Wuss chick fan here, I can't deal when it gets gritty :lol

I was sweating it too. It got tight at the end.

Jason_Terry
Well a miracle win over the Lions isn't anything to get that happy about when you look at the big picture, but I'll still take it and be happy about it....for now.

O-Factor

Huh??? They should have won? If they wanted to win, they would of stopped Romo at the end. They didn't.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 04:19 PM
No cheers. No moral victories. No good sportsmanship. We don't want a "good game" pat on the back. We want wins.

Thing is you saw us all in this thread know exactly what was going to happen. And, it did. We're desensitized by losing whether by blowouts or by fluke, by 40 points or by 1 point. We've seen it all. And, while still a little frustrating, it doesn't even get most of us mad any more. We're used to it. It sucks. I don't like it, but I laugh at it.

We don't want your pity "helluva game" sportsmanship handshakes.

Fuck that. We want to see a winner.

scott
12-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Its always fun to see Kitna lose, the same way its fun to see the Phoenix Suns lose... whiney bitches never win.

12-09-2007, 04:21 PM
No cheers. No moral victories. No good sportsmanship. We don't want a "good game" pat on the back. We want wins.

Thing is you saw us all in this thread know exactly what was going to happen. And, it did. We're desensitized by losing whether by blowouts or by fluke, by 40 points or by 1 point. We've seen it all. And, while still a little frustrating, it doesn't even get most of us mad any more. We're used to it. It sucks. I don't like it, but I laugh at it.

At least they didn't rally, throw the assumed game tying TD and botch the XP snap like they did versus Minny a few years ago.

That one actually surprised me.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:21 PM

It wasn't pity, it is what good fans do. I would have said the same thing if Detroit won. But its cool, if you don't believe in good sportsmanship that is your call.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:22 PM
damn the cowboys d seems soft against the run up the middle
just like last year

No shit...they got gashed all day long.

ClingingMars
12-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Its always fun to see Kitna lose, the same way its fun to see the Phoenix Suns lose... whiney bitches never win.

POTW

-Mars

Marklar MM
12-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Good old Lions though...can never do anything right. They could have the #1 pick in their sites, with just having to lose the last game of the season to get it, but they would win dropping themselves down 2/3/sometimes 4 spots. Unfortunately, this happens damn near every season.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:26 PM
So do you guys (Lions fans) think Martz is back next year?

JamStone
12-09-2007, 04:27 PM
sam, not trying to be impolite at your gracious sportsmanship as a fan. It's just as a Lions fan, you can only do that for so many games, so many years. It's beyond that. It's about the Lions organization and the inescapable way the teams lose games they are in position to win year after year after year. I believe you would be the same way had the Cowboys lost. But, it's just beyond that at this point. It's beyond this one game.

12-09-2007, 04:28 PM
So do you guys (Lions fans) think Martz is back next year?

No.

I'm guessing someone will make him a HC.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Kansas University will make Martz their offensive coordinator. He thinks he can help them score more.

Extra Stout
12-09-2007, 04:30 PM
It wasn't pity, it is what good fans do. I would have said the same thing if Detroit won. But its cool, if you don't believe in good sportsmanship that is your call.
Lions fans have only seen that scenario play out 10 times per year, for the last half-century. The "good game" sportsmanlike banter implies there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There is no light. There isn't even a train. There is only darkness in all directions from now until all eternity for Lions fan.

So that bleeds over a little bit into their posts.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:31 PM
sam, not trying to be impolite at your gracious sportsmanship as a fan. It's just as a Lions fan, you can only do that for so many games, so many years. It's beyond that. It's about the Lions organization and the inescapable way the teams lose games they are in position to win year after year after year. I believe you would be the same way had the Cowboys lost. But, it's just beyond that at this point. It's beyond this one game.

I would have been upset, credited the winners and moved on. That is just me though.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Lions fans have only seen that scenario play out 10 times per year, for the last half-century. The "good game" sportsmanlike banter implies there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There is no light. There isn't even a train. There is only darkness in all directions from now until all eternity for Lions fan.

I think they have a shot if they can get some real front office help.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I would have been upset, credited the winners and moved on. That is just me though.

You are not a Lions fan. But, I hear you, sam.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:33 PM
You are not a Lions fan. But, I hear you, sam.

Agreed.

My question is though, why not stop going to the games? As long as Ford Field keeps selling out....nothing will change.

Extra Stout
12-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I think they have a shot if they can get some real front office help.
Yes, and Mexico could be a real economic power if they could root out the corruption.

samikeyp
12-09-2007, 04:39 PM

True.

JamStone
12-09-2007, 04:40 PM
I haven't been to a Lions game in four seasons. My brother-in-law stopped getting season tickets two years ago. I don't know anyone with season tickets. I can't answer for others who still go. Some fans won't give up hope. Some fans have waited years to get season tickets. Some just don't know better.

I will say this, everything nice they say about Ford Field is absolutely accurate. It's a beautiful stadium. But that in itself is not enough. In a league where every franchise has a chance to win and get better with all the rules that allow for parity, it's just dumb the Lions can't have one winning season in 7 years, let alone a playoff season.

12-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I will not go to a Lions game. In fact, I passed up seats to today's game. First row, 20 yd line.

I just don't feel like getting kicked in the balls. Repeatedly. For three hours.

ShoogarBear
12-09-2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.firemillen.com/Images/firemillen_small.jpg

12-09-2007, 04:50 PM
It's futile, he's not going anywhere for at least another two seasons.

bostonguy
12-09-2007, 05:55 PM
cowboys are in serious trouble. Their d is weak.