PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Heisman this year?

degenerate_gambler
12-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Knowing that Tebow, McFadden, Daniel and Brennan are the finalists, who do you guys think will take home the trophy?

Brennan has sick numbers but given the team he plays for, the competition, or lack thereof they faced this year, and the pass happy offense that they run I don't think the voters will be swayed by his stats.

Daniel blew it with his not ready for prime time performance against OU in the title game.

Would the voters really award the Heisman to a sophomore even though he bacame the first QB to pass for 20+ TD's and rush for 20+ TD's? He's a helluva talent but he's fighting against tradition here.

I never thought I'd see a Heisman winner come from a team that lost 4 games. But he's the best player hands down this year and without him Nuttcase might have been lynched after the Auburn game.

Thunder Dan
12-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I think Tebow should win, but I bet they give it to McFadden (who is also deserving), knowing that Tebow will have 2 more years to win it. I bet alot of voters thought that way...

Also, Dennis Dixon got freakin' robbed! He should be in NY this weekend. For 9 weeks he was one of the best 3 players in the nation and when he went down, his team crumbled.

MajorMike
12-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Tebow. The only negative thing you hear about him is, "He's just a Soph." I agree that it will be between Tebow and McFadd, but McFadd just came on too late after dorking around all year.

NoMoneyDown
12-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I heard, but haven't confirmed yet, that Tebow broke the SEC season record for RUSHING TD's. The radio show I heard this on (1300AM, Austin), said this is a HUGE feat in itself with all the great running backs that have come out of the SEC. Add to that his passing accolades, and the guy is phenomenal.

Extra Stout
12-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Tebow scored 51 touchdowns. Think about that for a second. 51.

Thunder Dan
12-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Tebow scored 51 touchdowns. Think about that for a second. 51.

Thats like 306 points

Extra Stout
12-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Thats like 306 points
That's more than 4 SEC teams.