PDA

View Full Version : **Official** TUF 6 Finale Thread - Live on Spike Sat Night

LEONARD
12-06-2007, 04:09 PM
The Ultimate Fighter 6 Finale — DECEMBER 8, 2007 (LAS VEGAS, NV)

-Roger Huerta vs Clay Guida
-Mac Danzig vs Tommy Speer
-Jared Rollins vs John Koppenhaver
-Billy Miles vs George Sotiropoulous
-Dan Barrera vs Ben Saunders (possible swing bout)
-Matt Arroyo vs John Kolosci
-Richie Hightower vs Troy Mandaloniz
-Roman Mitichyan vs Dorian Price
-Paul Georgieff vs Jonathan Goulet

Huerta and Guida training pics
http://www.sherdog.com/news/pictures.asp?n_id=10238
http://www.sherdog.com/news/pictures.asp?n_id=10220

Guida video interview
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5210

Kenny Florian will be commentating with Goldy and Rogan
http://mmamania.com/2007/12/04/ufc-tuf-6-finale-kenny-florian-will-join-rogan-and-goldberg-during-main-event-audio/

Big John McCarthy calling it quits after this event…I have a feeling we’ll see him back ref’ing elsewhere…
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/12/06/big-john-mccarthy-will-retire-after-tuf-6-finale/

Evan
12-06-2007, 04:11 PM
wow...the quality of talent takes a STEEEEEEEP dive pretty quick....lol

oligarchy
12-06-2007, 04:19 PM
This is like the "ShowXC" lineups.

LEONARD
12-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Conf call notes
http://mmajunkie.com/2007/12/06/media-conference-call-recap-the-ultimate-fighter-team-hughes-vs-team-serra-season-finale/

dallaskd
12-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Roger Huerta vs Clay Guida
Mac Danzig vs Tommy Speer
Jared Rollins vs John Koppenhaver
Billy Miles vs George Sotiropoulous
Dan Barrera vs Ben Saunders
Matt Arroyo vs John Kolosci
Richie Hightower vs Troy Mandaloniz
Roman Mitichyan vs Dorian Price
Paul Georgieff vs Jonathan Goulet

Evan
12-07-2007, 02:53 PM
This is like the "ShowXC" lineups.

I will give you that except for the co-mains.

But hey....free. :toast

desflood
12-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Roger Huerta vs Clay Guida
Mac Danzig vs Tommy Speer
Jared Rollins vs John Koppenhaver
Billy Miles vs George Sotiropoulous
Dan Barrera vs Ben Saunders
Matt Arroyo vs John Kolosci
Richie Hightower vs Troy Mandaloniz
Roman Mitichyan vs Dorian Price
Paul Georgieff vs Jonathan Goulet

Mr Dio
12-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Now what Huerta HATERS? :smokin

Clay showed many times more class by fighting a real fighter & not running like than some OVERRATED scared piece of shit that runs from top comp & fights a bunch of Russian cab drivers.

SAtoDallas
12-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Good fights, Huerta showed some balls and got the tap out.

IX_Equilibrium
12-09-2007, 09:34 AM
That was a damn good show. Huerta should have gained alot of respect from doubters by coming back from being behind on the scorecards to submit Guida. Guida certainly isn't any less of a fighter in my eyes. Like Huerta, he always pushes the pace and is exciting to watch. What impressed me about Huerta is how calm he remained throughout the entire fight. He didn't seem to panic at all, and was just waiting for the right moment. He made sure he took care of business at the beginning of the 3rd round.

As far as Koppenhaver vs. Rollins, WOW! I don't like Kop as a person, but I sure do have respect for his heart (Rollins has heart too). Those guys beat each other to a pulp. I couldn't believe Kop had the strength to pull that reversal. That was one of the biggest displays of heart by both fighters ever.

Danzig proved why he should be the Tuf winner. His skill level is head and shoulders above Speer. I like Tommy, but he really needs to start training full time at an outfit like MFS full time if he wants to ever be a force in the UFC. That may not be possible with his farm, but we'll see. If Dana wants him, he can make it worthwhile.

Lastly, wtf is wrong with Billy Miles?? Like his fight during the TUF season, he just curled up in a ball and let his opponent claim an easy victory. That guy is a huge choke artist, and don't really care to see him in the octagon again.

Evan
12-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Amazing fights. Just amazing.

oligarchy
12-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Amazing fights. Just amazing.

Sarcasm?

Huerta / Guida and War Machine / Mini T were good. Fight of the Night was Jon and J-Rock. Everything else was pretty unimpressive, especially Billy Miles and Dan Barrera.

George vs Billy - I liked how it said that Billy has been on the "skirts" of the UFC for years. He has a record of 2-1 (2-2 now) how can that be years? Aside from the fact that he shouldn't be anywhere close to a ring. I do hope to see more of what George can actually do.

Hightower looked descent, but he apparently trains cardio with BJ Penn. After 2 minutes, the fight was obviously over.

Rollins and Koppenhaver were spectacular. I don't think either have the necessary skill to compete with the level of talent, but they did keep me very entertained with a GREAT fight. Both have tons of heart and didn't want to give up. I thought J-rock was of the type to give up, but he proved me wrong. I thought he didn't want to fight when he was on the show because of what he showed against George.

Also, please never allow Dan Barrera into the ring again.

Overall, what did this season's cast show? It shows that NONE of the cast has any business in the UFC at WW, because it was won by a LW. Let's see how well Mac can do at LW, since he obviously won't be fighting at WW.

TheTruth
12-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Man, what a terrible cast of fighters this year. Mac and maybe the farmboy are the only ones even close to UFC standards.

Huerta showed some real balls. Fight of the year candidate. They went at it hard for the entire fight.

Evan
12-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Sarcasm?

Not at all. Some amazing fights..... admittedly sandwiched in between some duds.

Evan
12-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Man, what a terrible cast of fighters this year. Mac and maybe the farmboy are the only ones even close to UFC standards.

Dana all but said he is revamping the entire thing so we shall see how it turns out.

ATRAIN
12-10-2007, 11:20 AM
its funny there was a girl that used to bang Huerta at a party I was at, since he used to live in Austin. All of the girls were all gagga for him so naturally all the guys were pulling for Guida.

LEONARD
12-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Hell of a night of free frights...

Huerta-Guida and Jon-JRoc were awesome. Props to Huerta...he's tough as nails. He still has holes (ie, takedown defense) that he better work on, otherwise he'll struggle with the top guys in the division.

Mac was a man among boys this season...would've liked to see him vs George for the finale...anything else was a joke...

George has something...

Evan
12-10-2007, 12:28 PM
George has something...

He has a lot of something but he needs to a be a MW.

Evan
12-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Another thing is with most of these guys is your seeing a lot of raw talent. Most of these guys have something but have never been properly trained or even stepped inside a decent gym.

oligarchy
12-10-2007, 02:01 PM
He has a lot of something but he needs to a be a MW.

I don't think he can be a MW looking at him. I still want to see if the eye gouge-knockout was fluke or if his stand-up is bad.

Evan
12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't think he can be a MW looking at him. I still want to see if the eye gouge-knockout was fluke or if his stand-up is bad.

George?

I think he could easily be a MW. He looked like he dropped a lot of weight fast to get on that show. If you happen to se any part of the show again notice the loose skin around his waste.

cornbread
12-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Huerta and Guida should both get bonuses for that fight.

oligarchy
12-10-2007, 04:24 PM
George?

I think he could easily be a MW. He looked like he dropped a lot of weight fast to get on that show. If you happen to se any part of the show again notice the loose skin around his waste.

He had it at the finale, as well. His fights have been in the 66-76 kg range, and his ADCC loss was in the 66-76 kg range. I just don't see it. Granted, the MW is weak, but I see Franklin and Silva both stopping him as they look much bigger than him. But, what do I know :hat

oligarchy
12-10-2007, 04:26 PM

It's hard when J-Roc and War Machine put on a better show. I'm sure they'll get the "locker room bonus."

Evan
12-10-2007, 04:33 PM
He had it at the finale, as well. His fights have been in the 66-76 kg range, and his ADCC loss was in the 66-76 kg range. I just don't see it. Granted, the MW is weak, but I see Franklin and Silva both stopping him as they look much bigger than him. But, what do I know :hat

Contending aside I think he should move simply based on his size. His frame just looks too big for WW. Just make him a feature on UFC fight nights on Spike (like Leben) and let him roll.

Anyone think he is small for WW? Is it just me?

oligarchy
12-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Anyone think he is small for WW? Is it just me?
Small for WW? I don't think he is small for Welter Weight. If he was small for WW, then he wouldn't be big enough for MW (170 < 185). I think he would be small for MW looking at his build because he doesn't have much muscle mass but he has a higher body fat percentage. Look at Leben for all of his UFC fights, then look at his last fight where he has gained muscle mass and cut body fat. That's all George needs to do.

LEONARD
12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I think George is about right at 170...just needs to firm up some, although that could just be his body type...

LEONARD
12-10-2007, 05:48 PM
http://www.insidefighting.com/images/photos/MMA/TUF6/Finale/FinaleFightPhotos/rogerclay2.jpg

Evan
12-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Small for WW? I don't think he is small for Welter Weight.

Ugh...I worded that poorly. I meant too big.

oligarchy
12-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Ugh...I worded that poorly. I meant too big.
haha.. okay, I was thinking you forgot what middleweight was. You know George has fought at 160? He fought Aoki at 160(161?). Either way, we can agree to disagree. :)

Evan
12-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Actually I did not know he fought that low. hmmmmmmmm

Fair enough.

Either you or Leonard said I was being fooled by his frame, guess thats it. If I saw a pic of him with no reference of the size of a nearby object I would guess him to be about 5'10 and 180.

Soul_Patch
12-11-2007, 10:59 AM
So what was Dana's big announcement they kept talking about? My DVR cut off the last few minutes of the show, and i didnt get to hear it.

desflood
12-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Forrest Griffin/Rampage as the coaches for the next season of TUF. And they'll be fighting at the end of the series.

Evan
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
It’s interesting to note that the telecast peaked at 11:30 p.m. ET during the main event between Roger Huerta and Clay Guida with a total of 2.9 million viewers. That’s pretty impressive when you consider that the Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton PPV had already started by that time and that there was stiff competition on basic cable at that time with A&E showing “The Matrix” and TNT airing “Gladiator.”

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/12/11/tuf-6-finale-peaks-with-29-million-viewers-during-guida-vs-huerta/

Evan
12-11-2007, 03:31 PM
so much for MMA slowing down.

Mr Dio
12-13-2007, 01:42 AM

Bold faced Ditto on that one. :toast

That fight was Christy Canyon & Danielle Derek all the way around.....phukin' TITS!

LEONARD
12-13-2007, 09:55 AM
so much for MMA slowing down.

sure thing buddy...haven't you seen the 2007 PPV buyrates that 2centsworth posted??

:drunk

Evan
12-13-2007, 11:06 PM
sure thing buddy...haven't you seen the 2007 PPV buyrates that 2centsworth posted??

:drunk

I musta missed them :elephant

desflood
12-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Taken from mmajunkie...

Jon Koppenhaver, a cast member on the latest season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” appeared in Superior Court on Thursday on felony assault and battery charges stemming from a September incident outside a San Diego training center.

According to the San Diego Tribune-Tribune, Koppenhaver had a preliminary hearing on Thursday, and if the case goes to trial, he faces a maximum penalty of seven years in prison.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was unable to reach Koppenhaver for comment this afternoon.

Koppenhaver, who entered the UFC’s reality series with a 4-1 professional mixed-martial-arts record, was arrested soon after the show finished taping and just weeks before it debuted on Spike TV. Koppenhaver actually joined the cast a day late as a replacement for Roman Mitichyan, who entered the show with a pre-existing elbow injury.

Koppenhaver is accused of choking unconscious a man and striking him in the face outside Undisputed, a fitness and training center, on Sept. 2. Koppenhaver is a trainer at the facility. According to a San Diego police detective, Zatkow suffered four fractures to his left eye socket during the assault.

The man, Darren Zatkow, said he was confronted by a group of men and was choked from behind until he went unconscious. Zatkow’s friends said he was then assaulted.

A man testifying on Koppehaver’s behalf said the fighter held Zatkow, who admitted he had been drinking throughout the evening, during the confrontation but that that the assault was done by another man.

Koppenhaver most recently scored a come-from-behind, third-round TKO of Jared Rollins at “The Ultimate Fighter: Team Hughes vs. Team Serra” live finale this past Saturday. The fight was shown live as part of the event’s televised main card.

Evan
12-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Now the question is, when he gets to prison will he still ask the question...

"Who's going to love me?"