PDA

View Full Version : No flagrant/fine on Jason Terry? (the big foul against Manu)

greens
12-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Wasn't there an incident at the very start of the third quarter when Manu went up, got fouled, THEN Terry pushed his arm down, and Manu went down pretty badly...I don't have the clip of it or anything...but it looked very dangerous...Then the refs were discussing what to do for a couple of minutes, gave Terry just one technical...and had Manu shoot free throws...

I'd understand if Terry extended his arm like that BEFORE the foul was called, but he did it right after...it made no sense...it looked on purpose...

No flagrant was callled...just one technical...I don't get it...

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-06-2007, 10:44 PM
I was surprised as well.

mavs>spurs2
12-06-2007, 10:45 PM
calm down

Tek_XX
12-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Let's not turn into pussy Suns fans here, move on. Let's be honest, we're lucky they called a technical the way that game was called.

td4mvp21
12-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Hard foul, ok. Like Tek said, let's not turn into pussy Suns fans.

SAtown
12-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Move on. This is what makes the rivalry great; it's very physical, very emotional, even if a star player is absent.

greens
12-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Move on. This is what makes the rivalry great; it's very physical, very emotional, even if a star player is absent.

No doubt it's physical/emotional...etc...I get it.

However, it just looked way too intentional...cuz it happened after the foul, for no reason...

I understand when it happens during a play, it's part of the game...I just have an issue if it's right after a foul was already called and was completely uncalled for...Anything goes during a play...but after it...eh, it's too dangerous...

PM5K
12-06-2007, 10:55 PM
All I have to say is that there is a difference between hard Playoff style basketball, and dirty, cheap shot style basketball.

exstatic
12-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Y'Know, most of the time, I'm with the "move on" crowd, but any time you change a player's trajectory when he's in the air, whether it's undercutting or grabbing something on him, it's fucking DANGEROUS. That should have been a flagrant, and they do sometimes evaluate these things after the fact.

m33p0
12-07-2007, 12:15 AM
as comfort... dallas lost to denver tonight, 122-109. that ought to cheer you up! :toast

here's what happened afterwards....

because terry was :devil , manu got :madrun and he was already in a :ihit mood. he even told terry to :nope . i mean manu was :flipoff at terry. anyway manu went :makemyday on the mavs and :owned diop and howard even though howard wanted to :dizzy but didn't because manu was :bking. howard and terry ended looking like :donkey . still, the mavs had the chance to win. luckily, dirk :hang . all of spursdom went :monkey and :cheer manu's name. yeah.. he was :king . we shouldn't be surprised coz all dallas has is :gpower .

AFBlue
12-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Did Manu go on to score 37 and lead the Spurs to victory? YES

Did he complain about the cheap shot bullshit they tried to pull in order to take him out of his element? NO

WGAF...Manu kicked ass and Spurs won.

End of story.

Darkwaters
12-07-2007, 12:25 AM
as comfort... dallas lost to denver tonight, 122-109. that ought to cheer you up! :toast

If you really wanting more cheering up just check out the Dallas players' +/- for the game. It made me grin.

greens
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Y'Know, most of the time, I'm with the "move on" crowd, but any time you change a player's trajectory when he's in the air, whether it's undercutting or grabbing something on him, it's fucking DANGEROUS. That should have been a flagrant, and they do sometimes evaluate these things after the fact.

Exactly!

I know that the Spurs won and Manu scored 37 pts...but it's too dangerous to do stuff like this. I was just worried about the safety of the Spurs players...Manu and Parker could have both been hurt by such cheap shots during the game...

And when it comes to safety of the players, I think NBA should regulate stuff like that...

What Terry did is dangerous to the safety of players...And if he gets no penalty, then he'll continue to do stuff like that...and eventually, players can get really hurt out there.

EDIT: m33p0, awesome graphics! Put a smile on my face there!

ehz33satx
12-07-2007, 12:33 AM
I think with the addition of Mario Elie to their coaching staff and the toughness that he is trying to instill in them that they think they are a scrappy, tough team when in all actuality they have a false sense of bravado with nothing but thuggery to back themselves up with. They do not deserve to win championships in the NBA.
If the Spurs played as dirty as the Mavs did yesterday, the whole NBA nation would be up in arms crying for the heads of the Spurs players.

m33p0
12-07-2007, 02:42 AM
EDIT: m33p0, awesome graphics! Put a smile on my face there!

:toast

m33p0
12-07-2007, 02:45 AM
I think with the addition of Mario Elie to their coaching staff and the toughness that he is trying to instill in them that they think they are a scrappy, tough team when in all actuality they have a false sense of bravado with nothing but thuggery to back themselves up with. They do not deserve to win championships in the NBA.
If the Spurs played as dirty as the Mavs did yesterday, the whole NBA nation would be up in arms crying for the heads of the Spurs players.

really funny when you think about it. spurs have always been known as soft. bill simmons in one of his articles says that when you play the spurs, you have to throw one of their guys down coz noone on the spurs team will stand up for their teammate. and yet we have this *dirty* tag on us.

Slippy
12-07-2007, 02:56 AM
The intent was obvious and it could of been worse if not for plastic man taking the fall. ( as in Manu). Just because Manu shakes it off as nothing doesn't mean it should go un-noticed. I reckon majority of players would react differently to BS like that. Pussy players like Terry know with Manu , he's not coming back after you, so they tend to take advantage with the cheap-shots. That's where the league has to step in and stamp it out .

BonnerDynasty
12-07-2007, 02:56 AM
Lucky Manu didn't fall on his teeth.

Fuck Terry. I hope Horry has something waiting for him.

gilmor
12-07-2007, 03:15 AM

because terry was :devil , manu got :madrun and he was already in a :ihit mood. he even told terry to :nope . i mean manu was :flipoff at terry. anyway manu went :makemyday on the mavs and :owned diop and howard even though howard wanted to :dizzy but didn't because manu was :bking. howard and terry ended looking like :donkey . still, the mavs had the chance to win. luckily, dirk :hang . all of spursdom went :monkey and :cheer manu's name. yeah.. he was :king . we shouldn't be surprised coz all dallas has is :gpower .

You have to be a woman..

BlackFlagg
12-07-2007, 03:45 AM

I agree. It's a lot easier to 'move past' a horribly called game when you've won it. But if we'd lost I would be pretty pissed off, I have to admit.

BlackFlagg
12-07-2007, 03:48 AM

Oh fuck yeah. :clap

m33p0
12-07-2007, 04:02 AM
You have to be a woman..

nope. i'm :married: which rules out gayness. i just wanted to make use of the :) s. actually i wanted to use :greedy but forgot.

Deimosfobos
12-07-2007, 07:39 AM
The intent was obvious and it could of been worse if not for plastic man taking the fall. ( as in Manu). Just because Manu shakes it off as nothing doesn't mean it should go un-noticed. I reckon majority of players would react differently to BS like that. Pussy players like Terry know with Manu , he's not coming back after you, so they tend to take advantage with the cheap-shots. That's where the league has to step in and stamp it out .

I agree with you... what howard did to manu was a fragant and deserves some kind of punishment.

He didn't go for the ball, he was clearly out of reach and went for Manu's head. That was a nasty hit, still can't belive Manu didn't got hurt.

Either you punish gay shit like that, or the fuckers will keep hammering Manu untill they really hurt him. :nope :bang

urunobili
12-07-2007, 07:48 AM
i think the punch Howard gave him while dunking on him and Diop is more deserving a suspension as he went right to his face not the ball

mrsmaalox
12-07-2007, 08:33 AM
nope. i'm :married: which rules out gayness. i just wanted to make use of the :) s. actually i wanted to use :greedy but forgot.

Good for you! I always want to use the :) too!

SAGambler
12-07-2007, 09:00 AM
If this was an isolated incident, I would say forget it. But it isn't. Terry is a punk ass thug, and should be given some suspension time to think about his actions.

Luckily for us, the more of a beating Manu takes, the better he seems to respond. Which is another thing that seems to be catching amoung the Spurs. Remember the night Mad Dog was in just to beat up on Tim? Seemed to just fire Tim up. Just like Manu when he takes a cheap shot. Another intangible that Manu brings to the Spurs.

If opposing coaches were smart, they would tell their guys not to give any hard fouls or any cheap shots. That seems to be the point where the Spurs go off on them.

m33p0
12-07-2007, 09:33 AM
this thing started after the 05 finals but generally that's what championship experience gives you. when push comes to shove, spurs give it their best by punishing opponents where it hurts the most, the scoreboard.

lefty
12-07-2007, 10:16 AM

What if Terry injured Manu? You wouldn't be saying that...Manu is having an amazing season, the Spurs can really repeat this season, and and I don't want to see our chances fucked up by this little punk

Remember Juwan Howard (when he was a ... Mav) injured Derek Anderson in the 2000 playoffs?

sprrs
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
We can only hope that nothing like a flagrant gets instated and possibly causes Terry to hold back next time. Manu got pissed and went off on the Mavs, so let Terry keep on doing it.

greens
12-07-2007, 06:52 PM
We can only hope that nothing like a flagrant gets instated and possibly causes Terry to hold back next time. Manu got pissed and went off on the Mavs, so let Terry keep on doing it.

You do realize that Manu could have been seriously injured in that play?

Terry grabbing Manu's arm while in mid air AFTER the foul is too dangerous...and intentional...

Stuff like this should be regulated in the NBA...

sprrs
12-07-2007, 06:56 PM

Terry grabbing Manu's arm while in mid air AFTER the foul is too dangerous...and intentional...

Obviously as long as he doesn't get injured, it lights a fire under Manu. He was mad and it showed in his game. But yes, if Manu actually got/gets injured I'd be singing a different tune.

freemeat
12-07-2007, 07:04 PM

Umm....favorite posting I've ever read at ST. Wicked creative! :clap

clambake
12-07-2007, 07:46 PM

poor baby. are you sure you're not a suns fan? since when do spur fans stoop to this level? if this is how you're going to behave, move to phoenix, or send in horry for payback.

greens
12-07-2007, 08:04 PM
poor baby. are you sure you're not a suns fan? since when do spur fans stoop to this level? if this is how you're going to behave, move to phoenix, or send in horry for payback.

I'm sure there is a Dallas forum that you can move on to... :blah

SRJ
12-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I like the proposed rule which calls for the offending player to miss as many games as the player he injured. THAT would curtail dirty plays.