PDA

View Full Version : I just love it when the Mavs lose!

mando6599
12-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Anyone here with me?

I know, lame topic, but I really don't like the Mavs and their fairweather fans at all and when they lose to anyone, I'm a happy camper. It also helps cushion any lead the Spurs have in our division.

Sweetey
12-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Anyone here with me?

I know, lame topic, but I really don't like the Mavs and their fairweather fans at all and when they lose to anyone, I'm a happy camper. It also helps cushion any lead the Spurs have in our division.
YEAH ! Makes my day. Especially when they look so pathetic.
:lol

Avitus1
12-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I love it when they lose too. I dont cheer for Denver to much, if ever, but I was cheering for them tonight.

jay014
12-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Don't care as long as the Spurs win. Dallas won the division last year and you know what happened.

Ignignokt
12-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I love victories in may and june.

Loving victories in december is for Sun fan and mavfan circa 2006- early 07.

mando6599
12-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Don't care as long as the Spurs win. Dallas won the division last year and you know what happened.

Point taken, however I still hate them Mavs and love them Spurs.

Sweetey
12-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I love victories in may and june.

Loving victories in december is for Sun fan and mavfan circa 2006- early 07.
If a team can't win in November and December, May and June won't matter much.

jay014
12-06-2007, 11:22 PM
The Spurs usually started off slow and won in the end when it matters.

ludda
12-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Maybe its the Kobe curse. The two teams reportedly top on the list for him suck balls right now. Hahaha.

I don't see the mavs as a threat this season. At this rate, no playoffs for them!

porscha
12-06-2007, 11:51 PM
I love better when the Phx loses......again

m33p0
12-06-2007, 11:52 PM

good point. every game is important, though some not as important than most. i'd say the spurs game and the denver game were important to the mavs because they have not winning alot of games. since the portland game, they are now 3 - 6. too early to declare them mediocre but they are certainly headed that way. i'm glad i ain't a markcubanite, otherwise i'd be asking my doctor for prozac.

mavs>spurs2
12-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Cool thread.

Definately cooler than AIDS.

lefty
12-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Lot of empty seats tonight... :lol :lol

Have the Mavs fans lost faith????

Udrihlooms
12-07-2007, 12:16 AM
I actually feel sad about the Mavs losing their edge.

This will make our march to B2B come June a lot easier. :king

If AJ don't get his act together, they'll quickly following Sacramento's path. Remember how SAC lost to Lakers way back then, and how they quickly fell from being an elite to a lottery bound team the next year.

I like our competition against Dallas. I'd rather see D'Antoni losing games and witness a breakdown and a train wreck :clap. That'll be much fun!

ludda
12-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Now that Dallas officially sucks, I'd love it even more when the Suns and their arrogant coach loses! Maybe a PHX breakdown soon?

BlackFlagg
12-07-2007, 04:07 AM
good point. every game is important, though some not as important than most.

Amen. Like it or not, it's a rivalry. I for one love it when the Mavs lose to us -- and to lose without Tim in the game is gravy.

SenorSpur
12-07-2007, 05:15 AM
I'm right there with everyone else. I love it when the Mavs lose too. What makes it much better for me since I live here in Mavs land is tuning into their post-game show and listening to all the "knee-jerk" reactions from all the fans. Everything from "Dirk is soft" to "Go Get Kobe".

With this most recent loss to the Nuggets, there is now some Avery backlash that is starting to rear its head for the first time. Some think he's fucked the team up by all the lineup changes.

TDMVPDPOY
12-07-2007, 05:29 AM
i still prefer to see the suns lose games then dallas

fitzgerald
12-07-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm right there with everyone else. I love it when the Mavs lose too. What makes it much better for me since I live here in Mavs land is tuning into their post-game show and listening to all the "knee-jerk" reactions from all the fans. Everything from "Dirk is soft" to "Go Get Kobe".

With this most recent loss to the Nuggets, there is now some Avery backlash that is starting to rear its head for the first time. Some think he's fucked the team up by all the lineup changes.

He has. They have lost faith in him. He is going back and forth. Now they are not playing defense. Send him packing please!

SAGambler
12-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Not that I have any love for the Mavs, but since the in-laws are such Mav Fanatics, it just gives me immense pleasure to call them and rub it in every time the Mavs lose. Is especially a great night when they lose to the Spurs. Made me feel so damn good, I went out Thursday morning and shot the best round of golf I have played in three years.

florige
12-07-2007, 10:22 AM
I'll be happy when they are eliminated from the playoffs. Preferbly by us. It's too early now... They can still get red hot in May and June and become a major headache to have to deal with come playoffs.

fyatuk
12-07-2007, 10:27 AM
The Spurs usually started off slow and won in the end when it matters.

That's not entirely true. Apparently the Spurs have one of the best November records of the last 2 years.

I do remember year after year of near .500 ball in December though...

Jimcs50
12-07-2007, 10:37 AM
It seems like SA is so far ahead of the Mavs this year, but when you look at last year at this time, Dallas is only 2 games behind their record from last year and SA is only 2 games ahead of last year. We have a long season ahead and nobody can tell where we will end up at this point.

peskypesky
12-07-2007, 11:38 AM
What could be sweeter than the Mavs losing to a Duncan-less Spurs team?

Watching them lose the very next night at home to the Nuggets.

What a sweet week.

clambake
12-07-2007, 11:43 AM
you'd all be foolish to count them out already. they're the one team that knows how to beat the spurs. i think they'll go in strong at playoff time.

spursfan09
12-07-2007, 12:11 PM
They are also the one team who knows how to choke no matter what situation they are in.

41times
12-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Well for those of you who are not living here in Dallas let me just give you an update from the Mavs fandom here (including myself)....The Sky is Definitely Falling!

All hell is breaking lose here. People are jumping ship faster than the Titanic. I am hearing calls for Avery's head, Dirk to be traded for Kobe, Harris and Stack to be traded for Kidd and on and on.

It's pretty bleak right now.

But weren't the Spurs fandom in an uproar 2 months into the season last year? and didn't that turn out pretty dam good!

Yes the Knee-Jerkers are out in full force in Big D.

boutons_
12-07-2007, 01:06 PM
It's all according to Avery's plan.

The Mavs are emulating the Spurs Dec-Feb doldrums, eg, last year, Spurs going 13-12 after 20 Dec.

shelshor
12-07-2007, 01:29 PM
The 2 best things when the Mavs lose:
The look on Cuban's face that would curdle milk
The look on AJ's face like he just bit into a shit sandwich

Sweetey
12-07-2007, 01:40 PM
To you Mavs fans:

Where is Cuban the Geek? I didn't see him last night nor at our game night before, parading up and down the sidelines, aka Jerry Jackass Jones. Oh, wait a minute, he's touring with Dancing With the Stars, geeking it up some more. :lol

What a freak !!!!

SenorSpur
12-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Well for those of you who are not living here in Dallas let me just give you an update from the Mavs fandom here (including myself)....The Sky is Definitely Falling!

All hell is breaking lose here. People are jumping ship faster than the Titanic. I am hearing calls for Avery's head, Dirk to be traded for Kobe, Harris and Stack to be traded for Kidd and on and on.

It's pretty bleak right now.

But weren't the Spurs fandom in an uproar 2 months into the season last year? and didn't that turn out pretty dam good!

Yes the Knee-Jerkers are out in full force in Big D.

As a Dallas resident, I admit that even I have heard mixed signals coming from AJ since the season began. First the Mavs were going to "pace" their way through the season. They weren't going to try to win a championship during the regular season like they did last year.

Then a month or so later, AJ comes out and declared that EVERY game is important and that the team goes out and prepares to win every single game - which is what you're supposed to say.

The point is, that team doesn't seem to know who they are or how the hell they're supposed to play. They have no roles players. No identity. Just a bunch of well-paid guys who have been the "man" somewhere else, or are trying desparately to be the man now.

From the ownership, to the coaches and down to the players, they're all a bunch of overhyped smack-talkers. Oh by the way, their latest annual slogan is, "it's all about the D". :lol

I hope they never figure it out. :lol

Mr. Body
12-07-2007, 03:32 PM
The Mavs may well prove they could bottle lightning only once and their days as frontrunner are over, but it's far too early to declare them any worse than they were when they beat us in seven games. They can definitely turn it around; but at the moment, we're seeing some structural problems they were able to mask for a while.

SenorSpur
12-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I heard former Mavs PG Derek Harper refer to the team's current malaise as sort of a post-playoff failure syndrome. His claim was that he was part of one of the Mavs playoff teams of the 80's where that team was one of the top 2 or 3 seeds in the playoffs that year. It turns out they were upset by the Seattle Sonics in the first round. According to Harp, the loss of that series haunted the team throughout the next year. He thinks that's what this team is going through.

T Park
12-07-2007, 04:21 PM
I hope they trade Harris and someone else for Kidd.

That would make matching up with them so much easier.

spursrocksocks
12-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah I know alot of mavs fans, Its always fun to have something to tease them about

jman3000
12-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I heard former Mavs PG Derek Harper refer to the team's current malaise as sort of a post-playoff failure syndrome. His claim was that he was part of one of the Mavs playoff teams of the 80's where that team was one of the top 2 or 3 seeds in the playoffs that year. It turns out they were upset by the Seattle Sonics in the first round. According to Harp, the loss of that series haunted the team throughout the next year. He thinks that's what this team is going through.
how would that explain 2006 when they were upset by the heat? they came out and won 67 games.

sounds like excuses to me in all honesty.

SenorSpur
12-07-2007, 05:00 PM
how would that explain 2006 when they were upset by the heat? they came out and won 67 games.

sounds like excuses to me in all honesty.

It is. That is primarily what everyone associated with organization is known for - making excuses....that and copying their organizational and team strategies from the Spurs, of course.