PDA

View Full Version : A Question For Mavericks Fans

SRJ
12-07-2007, 06:22 PM
...and I'm not setting this up to talk shit or anything. I'm simply curious.

Is Dirk's footwork on his jumpshot different than it used to be? To me, his feet look all splayed and crazy after a jumper - maybe he's always done it like that, but I'm only noticing this year because he's not as automatic with his jumper as he used to be.

Findog
12-07-2007, 07:00 PM
He's always done it like that.

Dirkgreatness
12-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Well hes not automatic anymore because he doesn't get the ball for long stretches of time and thus, hes not a rhythm.

RonMexico
12-08-2007, 02:17 AM
Well hes not automatic anymore because he doesn't get the ball for long stretches of time and thus, hes not a rhythm.

Right... Manu must have the same problem since he comes cold off the bench and doesn't start like Dirk... :rolleyes

Dirkgreatness
12-08-2007, 05:06 AM
I haven't really seen Manu play so i can't really comment on that. But Dirk is probably the number 3 offensive option this year.

dude1394
12-09-2007, 12:46 PM
There is surely something awry about the dirkster's shot. And he's not feeling that great about it. It appears he's not quite getting the lift on his fallaway also.

I want to say it's just a rhythm thing but it feels like more than that, some sort of mechanic/slump going on. I don't know if Holger is back in town yet but I would expect they've setup a week or so in december. His three point shot is ridiculously off.

I do think he likes to play more minutes in general than Avery is playing him right now and he's trying to focus on how to handle doubles without forcing things so much.

But with respect to his feet, that looks pretty normal, he sort of started that if I recall when a few people stepped under him on his jumper, but he's been doing it for a while.

DMC
06-26-2011, 06:18 PM
I think he did just fine. He shot a good percentage tbh imo fwiw smh

TE
06-26-2011, 06:22 PM
That's a huge bump.

DMC
06-26-2011, 11:04 PM
lol