PDA

View Full Version : All Hail the Yahoo Champion

red kryptonite
12-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Timvp took an unlikely path to being champion of the $10 league as he started 2-6 but finished handily beating The Red 85-75. The two top spots of the league started strong but came unglued in the real season - the playoffs. The Barricudas finished as the second seed, but were eliminated by the Red in the first round. However, the Barricudas did come away with the points championship behind Peyton Manning's record setting season. Dfishnflte was the number 1 seed using various crafty and lightning quick waiver wire maneuvers along with a little bit of everything else to overhaul a makeshift lineup throughout the season. The number 1 ranked team relied on the uncoventional such as Emmitt Smith throwing touchdowns and using an unheralded 52 waiver wire aquisitions. The Red looked to have a strong team, but relying heavily on the Vikings failed as they did. Selecting Michael Bennett in the second round turned out to be a horrendous pick for The Red as he turned in only two touchdowns the entire season. Timvp's Mr. Princess squad never took a knee as they played the spoiler role from the 4th seed. Much credit goes to Ladanian Tomlinson in his record setting consistancy for rushing touchdowns. The toilet bowl game for third place ended in an embarrassing route as the Barricudas trounced Dfishnflte 113-21!

Final Standings:

1st place and Yahoo Champion = Timvp's Mr. Princess ($80)
2nd place = Red Kryptonite's The Red
3rd place and Points Champion = Perry's Barricudas ($40)
4th place = Iminlakerland's Dfishnflte

Kori Ellis
12-28-2004, 01:43 PM
There's no points champion in Yahoo.

We agreed before the season all the money went to first place only.

Sorry.

MannyIsGod
12-28-2004, 01:44 PM
haha, OOPS.

iminlakerland
12-29-2004, 01:55 AM
lol Kris...take a look at my team :(( they were all injured!!!! lol but congradulations on the 50$ league. And i gave timvp where credit was due...hey but just remember u said my team wasnt supposed to be sheeeyit...Gota give my brother credit.

timvp
12-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Nice job, iminlakerland. You did an awesome job managing your team and picked up a lot of sleepers throughout the season.

My teams are always built on players who perform the best at the end of the season. Luckily I didn't dig myself too big a hole.

What pisses me off is I think I would have won both leagues if I had one more win in the $50 league to advance into the playoffs. My teams were on fire during the playoffs.

:flipoff

iminlakerland
12-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Hey atleast you won the 10$ one...not to shabby if you ask me. I think you beat me 3 times in that league or was it twice?

SequSpur
12-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Has tpark paid up? His azz better pay up. I won't buy any tickets to the rodeo carnival unless his ass pays up.

Guru of Nothing
12-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Nice job, iminlakerland.
What pisses me off is I think I would have won both leagues if I had one more win in the $50 league to advance into the playoffs. My teams were on fire during the playoffs.

:flipoff

If it makes you feel any better, I think I would have still beat you, had I faced you in either week 15 or 16.

My week 15 and 16 scores were 120.86 and 115.82, respectively. Without any roster adjustments, your scores would have been 112.55 and 109.43.

Week 15: I'll assume that, between LT, Droughns, Deuce and Rudi, Rudi would not have been in your starting lineup; but, allowing you would have subbed Duece for Droughns and the Redskins' D for ATL, I would have beat you 120.86 to 120.77 (IF MY ARITHMETIC IS CORRECT, a big if).

Week 16: Allowing you could have subbed the higher scoring Redskins' D for ATL, I would have beat you 115.82 to 114.43 (again, arithmetic skills permitting). Now, had you subbed Joey Galloway for either Marvin Harrison, Jimmy Smith or Drew Bennett; or Jason Hanson for Jeff Reed at the kicker position, then you would have had me. But really, if you had made those changes to your roster, would you have also started Droughns (and his 26 points) over Duece in week 16?

I do assume you would not have reeled in a stud off the waiver wire.

BTW, I dummied-up a couple of matchups for weeks 15 and 16 so that you can see your numbers.

Remember, there's always next year.