PDA

View Full Version : Popovich's Mandatory Mic

Vinny Del Negro
12-07-2007, 10:11 PM
How could no one see this backfiring? They might get 15 seconds of non-profane, non-screaming out of 90 minutes of recording. :elephant

lefty
12-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Would be a good thing to force the NBA to take them off

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-07-2007, 11:15 PM
:lol He did curse one time in the 1st.

Vinny Del Negro
12-08-2007, 03:11 AM
Yeah that's what prompted this topic....a nice, loud and clear "BULLSHIT"

Stern probably got a little veclemped when he heard that one.

The best part is, there are probably 3-5 people whose specific job it is to prevent profanity from airing.

Shaolin-Style
12-08-2007, 04:16 AM
There is a small tape delay isn't there?

Be hilarious to see a shot of Popovich throwing a tantrum and hear a beep or two.

Kori Ellis
12-08-2007, 04:18 AM
There is a small tape delay isn't there?

Be hilarious to see a shot of Popovich throwing a tantrum and hear a beep or two.

Yeah there's like a 6-8 second delay or so.

smrattler
12-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Pop has made it clear the mic is just stupid and he hates it.

I would love to hear what he and Sloan think of that sideline reporter interviewing in the middle of a quarter during tv timeouts. Wait till they get him in that position when he's a little pissed.

m33p0
12-08-2007, 08:46 AM
apparently the ESPN staff became more alert after the "Bullshit!" comment. i don't think nothing got out from Sloan, which would the first, if it weren't tape delayed.

if the Stern wanted this, there shouldn't be any censorship or at least use *bleeps* instead. that would have been more fun. it looks fake with them cutting out the juicy bits of the sideline. its like getting a peek up lindsey lohan's skirt. :lol

whoever the genius was who suggested this is definitely going to get it from Stern. genius indeed. :bang

ancestron
12-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Pop cusses so much. lol. I knew one of his colorful metaphors was bound to make it on the air and sure enough....
I liked the interview at the end of the thrid quarter where ESPN chick was like "So Pop tell me what you need to do to get your offense going blah blah" and an I-dont-have-time-fo-this-shit Popovich says "I don't care about offense I care about getting stops"

G-Nob
12-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I love it. Keep em mic'd because when they see all the complaints of profanity, they'll go away. I thought Pop was dead on in his quote yesterday or teams not being able to be real.

thispego
12-08-2007, 12:56 PM
they dont need to mic up individual players, just put more mics around the court, you'll pick up things here and there that are interesting and then you can air them

did anyone hear Horry after he got the block that was called goal tending? he was like "that was a good block" hahaha, we know horry, we know.

Avitus1
12-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I enjoy the mic. When Pops gets upset and it slips by the censors or whatever its always a good laugh.

BacktoBasics
12-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Basically we've ended up with zero substance and just one or two words that have no value what so ever. Its a fucking waste of resources and an even better waste of time.

spursfan09
12-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Yesterday I heard Tony after a play where he thought he got fouled and he said "That was a fucking foul". I know he wasn't mic'd up, but I thought i heard him say taht.

balli
12-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Not sure I'm familiar enough with Pop to know, but one time I sat behind the bench at a Jazz game. I bet Sloan used the work cock-sucker to describe the refs and opposition about 50 times during the game.

exstatic
12-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Yesterday I heard Tony after a play where he thought he got fouled and he said "That was a fucking foul". I know he wasn't mic'd up, but I thought i heard him say taht.
He did.

BonnerDynasty
12-08-2007, 03:34 PM
I clearly heard Parker drop an FBomb a while after the Bullshit incident with Pop.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Has anyone seen a movie called Albino Alligator? There's a great scene where Joe Mantegna gets a reporter off his back by granting her an interview and then saying fuck so many times that she can't use the footage. I think that's Pop strategy for this. He's going to carpet f bomb them until they take the mike back.