PDA

View Full Version : Tony leading the league in fast break points

MaNuMaNiAc
12-08-2007, 12:47 AM
http://www.nba.com/statistics/stats_week5_071203.html

Entering this week, Tony Parker (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_parker/index.html) is averaging 20.7 points per game for the season and has scored a league-high 99 fast break points. Parker and the Spurs will face Deron Williams (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/deron_williams/index.html) and the Utah Jazz on Friday in a rematch of last spring's Western Conference Finals. Both Parker (20.2) and Williams (25.8) averaged over 20 points per game in that series.

Just wanted to post that little tidbit for the guy that said Tony is the worst at leading the fast break

SpurOutofTownFan
12-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Good point PARKERMANIA j/k

MaNuMaNiAc
12-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Good point PARKERMANIA j/kIf I could have two nicknames, that would be my second one :lol

ShoogarBear
12-08-2007, 12:53 AM
But they're boring fast break points.

Wow. That's pretty hard to believe.

m33p0
12-08-2007, 12:53 AM
leading the fast break?.... HE IS THE FAST BREAK!

MaNuMaNiAc
12-08-2007, 12:57 AM
But they're boring fast break points.

Wow. That's pretty hard to believe.
tell me about it! the dude is leading the league in fast break points... on the Spurs. :king

Obstructed_View
12-08-2007, 12:57 AM
It's amazing that Spurs fans would bad mouth the performances of Spurs players who have had to deal with some rather talented opponents the last two games. Parker's had to play against two of the guys who give him the most trouble, and he did it tonight on a bad wheel. He was great in the second half.

SpurOutofTownFan
12-08-2007, 01:21 AM
It's amazing that Spurs fans would bad mouth the performances of Spurs players who have had to deal with some rather talented opponents the last two games. Parker's had to play against two of the guys who give him the most trouble, and he did it tonight on a bad wheel. He was great in the second half.

He was indeed. He got enough balls to just will himself to the basket knowing he was having a bad game. He had some clutch shots, really hard shots there. He had a lot of assists and could have gotten over 10 easily (players shot miserably from almost everywhere - many of those were open assists).

I like your point, he struggles against these 2 PGs but made the best he could especially in the 4th (when it counted)

spursfan09
12-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Wow! Good find!

Kori Ellis
12-08-2007, 01:27 AM

He's been doing whatever he's done for the last week on a bad wheel. I know he's missing some shots, but he's been playing pretty gutty lately. And his two J's in the 4th were CLUTCH.

By the way, Manu is freakin' awesome.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-08-2007, 01:28 AM
What's more interesting to me is the fact that Tony has been playing so well this season, and in these past couple of games has made the most of a very tough situation, and yet some people just seem to miss this fact COMPLETELY!

They can't tell me they made a mistake or they somehow missed Tony's improvement. Its been so god damn in your face, that's impossible. Its deliberate bashing, period. Stupid if you ask me

m33p0
12-08-2007, 01:30 AM

they'll be playing a different tune when we play the suns.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-08-2007, 01:34 AM
I liked how Tony is anticipating steals and playing the passing lanes more.

Sweetey
12-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Don't we usually play some rather talented opponents? And Parker did show up but he was in no way GREAT in the second half, or first half for that matter.

vander
12-08-2007, 01:41 AM
What's more interesting to me is the fact that Tony has been playing so well this season, and in these past couple of games has made the most of a very tough situation, and yet some people just seem to miss this fact COMPLETELY!

They can't tell me they made a mistake or they somehow missed Tony's improvement. Its been so god damn in your face, that's impossible. Its deliberate bashing, period. Stupid if you ask me

wow, this kind of post is weird to me now, I had grown so accustom to the parker vs. manu mentality on this board that it seems odd for a manu fan to be praising Parker :dizzy WTF?

MaNuMaNiAc
12-08-2007, 02:22 AM
wow, this kind of post is weird to me now, I had grown so accustom to the parker vs. manu mentality on this board that it seems odd for a manu fan to be praising Parker :dizzy WTF? well whatever Tony bashing you've read here, I can guarantee you it didn't come from me. I will admit that some of the things Tony used to do pissed me off a bit. However, I tend to take games in stride and refrain from posting stupid shit in anger (Something I've gotten better and better over the years here at Spurstalk :lol). That being said, Tony's bad games used to be few and far between, and now they are practically non existent.

Yeah, these last couple of games haven't been his best, but playing against Harris and Williams, and with an ankle injury... I think we can cut him some slack.

Anyway, Tony has improved in pts and assists considerably this season. So much so that up 'till this game, he was the Spurs leader in both, and still is in assists. How some idiot can come in here and criticize that kind of improvement on a 25 year old is truly beyond my understanding.

Again, don't get me wrong, I don't think Tony is the best PG in the league either, but some of the bashing going on in this forum is ridiculous. Specially when we are at 17-3 in the league and he averages 20pts and almost 7assists

T Park
12-08-2007, 02:24 AM
Tony Parker is a top 5 point guard.

I don't care what IceColdBrewski or any other Tony Parker hater tells you.

Top 5.

PERIOD.

anakha
12-08-2007, 02:25 AM

Top 5.

PERIOD.

Sequ might take offense to that. :lol

SpursIndonesia
12-08-2007, 06:28 AM

+1 rep, right on the money, my friend ! toast

bdictjames
12-08-2007, 06:33 AM

Top 5.

PERIOD.
Brendan Haywood says he's 1b.

I think Parker's certainly a top 5, and might be a top 3.

J.T.
12-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Somewhere, Steve Nash and his two Most Vulnerable Pussy trophies are fuming over this.

WalterBenitez
12-08-2007, 07:01 AM
TP is so great running with all those tall boys behind him in the paint, I love him when he does this :D

SpurOutofTownFan
12-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Sequ might take offense to that. :lol

INdeed.

SAGambler
12-08-2007, 12:25 PM
He was indeed. He got enough balls to just will himself to the basket knowing he was having a bad game. He had some clutch shots, really hard shots there. He had a lot of assists and could have gotten over 10 easily (players shot miserably from almost everywhere - many of those were open assists).

I like your point, he struggles against these 2 PGs but made the best he could especially in the 4th (when it counted)

Not to mention how he hassled Dirk most of the night against Dallas.

Tony has taken a page from Manus book and decided to play gutsy ball, damn the bumps and bruises.

Hell, he even pulled Manu type fake and made a Jazz player foul him late in the game last night.

If he ever decides to just go balls to the wall like Manu does, they are going to be a dynamic duo, especially in 4th quarters, and you will never hear the word "boring" regarding the Spurs again.

polandprzem
12-08-2007, 12:52 PM
+1 rep, right on the money, my friend ! toast

Damn you with this flag :cuss

Hey manumaniac - the guy probably ment Tony's court vision and kinesthetic inteligence while in the break.