PDA

View Full Version : new franchise player?

100%duncan
12-08-2007, 01:12 AM
who do you think is the franchise palyer of the spurs??is it still TIM or it's gonna be TONY or MANU? :fro

urunobili
12-08-2007, 01:12 AM
The three of them are... if i have to choose one... Timmy

SpurOutofTownFan
12-08-2007, 01:14 AM
I would say because Manu is older and has been a leader in other teams already and he's very well liked in the city (which counts towards being "franchise" to me). That would be to me the only edge he would have over Parker but both are not in the Duncan level on that factor.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-08-2007, 01:16 AM
retarded...

SouthernFried
12-08-2007, 01:16 AM
I really hate threads like these.

Joe Schmoogins
12-08-2007, 01:17 AM
It is still Tim... It's gotta be. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull a Robinson and hand over the reigns to Manu and Tony in the future. We are probably witnessing the beginning of that right now. But imo it is still Tim.

Kori Ellis
12-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Tim is the franchise player til the day he hangs up his sneakers.

Unfortunately, I think Manu will retire around the same time as Tim. That day is going to suck. Spurs fans need to appreciate these good times.

spursfan09
12-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Man Tim is so low key and keeps his personality hidden so much that even Spurs fans forget what he means to the team. Tim is the franchise.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-08-2007, 02:58 AM
We don't have a "franchise player" IMHO, we have a franchise triumvirate! :D

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-08-2007, 03:13 AM
This team can be regarded like the 80's Lakers (of course not exactly the same as a Kareem and Magic tandem)as far as being a historical team.

Tim is the anchor of the team, of course. But gotta give some credit to Manu and Tony coming into their own as nearly important cogs.

It's not an insult to Duncan to say they're NOt nothing without him.

...maybe next to nothing. :lol But still not nothing is an accomplishment.

AnotherArgie
12-08-2007, 04:02 AM
Duncan

Texas_Ranger
12-08-2007, 04:04 AM
Timmy.

gospursgooo
12-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Tim is the franchise player, but Manu definitely is my most favorite Spur.

some_user86
12-08-2007, 04:43 AM
No.

themvp
12-08-2007, 05:13 AM

Unfortunately, I think Manu will retire around the same time as Tim. That day is going to suck. Spurs fans need to appreciate these good times.

I just hope Manu will retire as a Spur.

WalterBenitez
12-08-2007, 06:20 AM

Yeap, but I don't wanna be like Bulls' fans living from the past :depressed

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2007, 06:31 AM
is his name tim duncan? if not we got a problem

wildbill2u
12-08-2007, 11:51 AM
You have to ask yourself: Who do the Spurs go to at the end of a close game to ensure the win?

That really defines the franchise player and it hasn't been Timmy for some time now.

~Sweetmelody~
12-08-2007, 12:04 PM
I just hope Manu will retire as a Spur.

Yikes! I can't even imagine Manu not being a Spur, what made you say that?

Oh, and timmy is the Fanchise Player.

SAGambler
12-08-2007, 12:13 PM
You have to ask yourself: Who do the Spurs go to at the end of a close game to ensure the win?

That really defines the franchise player and it hasn't been Timmy for some time now.

Normally, I would say that is right. But I still think Tim will always be considered our "franchise" player as long as he plays.

True now, more likely than not, the game is turned over to Manu in the final four or five minutes.

I know Tim just has to be amazed at the talent the FO has put around him, that his is willing to do the defensive work at the end of games and leave it to Tony and Manu to do the scoring. But this is still Tims team. Tony and Manu know what Tim does for them, as far as opening things up, making correct passes, and most of all, shutting down the opposing team on the other end. It allows them to "do their thing". Like someone said, we actually have a "Franchise Trio"..........Something other teams only wish for in their dreams.

themvp
12-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Yikes! I can't even imagine Manu not being a Spur, what made you say that?

Oh, and timmy is the Fanchise Player.

I am optimistic about that, but you never know...