PDA

View Full Version : SPurs December Schedule

yeahone
12-08-2007, 06:37 AM
with victories over Dallas and Utah....good start to the month, another tough stretch coming up.Golden State, denver, Lakers and the sons.

WalterBenitez
12-08-2007, 06:49 AM
That Denver, Lakers, Suns would provided confidence to finish the year in very well spirit... how far are playoffs? :wakeup

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2007, 08:37 AM
with those teams out of the way

spurs can go 12-0

Guajalote
12-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I just hope we're not using up our playoff gas during the regular season (see Phx and Dallas last year). I'm not complaining about the wins. I just hope the big 3 aren't worn out by April.

SpursIndonesia
12-08-2007, 09:31 AM
We're due for a loss in this road game stretch, i think Denver will deliver that in their home against us.

m33p0
12-08-2007, 09:59 AM
i don't see us losing a game in december, unless the team sleepwalks again.

bring on the suns!
:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

SAGambler
12-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I just hope we're not using up our playoff gas during the regular season (see Phx and Dallas last year). I'm not complaining about the wins. I just hope the big 3 aren't worn out by April.

But go take a look at the minutes logged by the starters on the Suns and Mavs last year. D'antoni and Avery were both intent on having the best regular season record and wore their players down trying to achieve that goal.

Spurs aren't doing that. Starters are getting lots of rest throughout the game, and especially in the final 4 or 5 minutes. Over 82 games 4 or 5 minutes a game, translates to 3 or 4 hundred minutes a year, that the starters are getting rest.

We just happen to be rolling like it was mid-season early. Normally we would probably have lost at least another 3 or 4 games by now. I think a lot of it comes from the same bunch of guys being back together and not having to do a lot of thinking on the court now. It's just automatic. That's why we aren't dropping games to people we are supposed to beat, like we have early on in years past. The chemistry is already there. A holdover from last season and for several the season before. As long as this core group stays together, I think this is the Spurs we will see every year now.

SAGambler
12-08-2007, 10:02 AM
We're due for a loss in this road game stretch, i think Denver will deliver that in their home against us.

That would be the one team that I too think might deliver the blow. They always play us tough. We always seem to lose one a year to em. But all in all, if we get through December with even 2 losses, I won't be at all disappointed.