PDA

View Full Version : Warriors G Marco Belinelli Refuses to Go to the D-League

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Belinelli Nixes Trip To D-League
December 8, 2007 - 11:00 am
Contra Costa Times -
Rookie Warriors' guard Marco Belinelli is trapped in a limbo partially of his own creation.

Belinelli was inactive for Friday's game against the Miami Heat , the sixth consecutive contest he's watched from the bench in street clothes. The No. 18 pick in this summer's draft has played just 61 seconds in the Warriors' last nine games.

But even though Warriors' Coach Don Nelson said that "it wouldn't hurt (Belinelli) to go down and play a bunch of games" with the Bakersfield Jam, Golden State's affiliate in the NBA Development League, the 21-year-old is firmly against that plan.

"I don't want to go because I think that I am an NBA player," Belinelli said. "I think that I can play at this level, and I want to be here to work with my teammates. We have a beautiful group, and I'm part of it."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49606/20071208/belinelli_nixes_trip_to_d_league/

Phil Hellmuth
12-08-2007, 03:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_insecurity

ChumpDumper
12-08-2007, 03:52 PM
I understand his thinking perfectly. The only reason he would need to go to the D-League is because he sucks really hard in the NBA.

debo
12-08-2007, 04:06 PM
he is a perfect fit for this offense. jack up 3's drive for a circus shot or highlight dunk. even though he sounds a little high on himself i cant help but to partially agree with him.

BacktoBasics
12-08-2007, 04:09 PM
So basically they're having trouble finding minutes for him and to shed themselves of the issue they want him to suffer down in the D-league. I'd be pissed too but you have to at least attempt to be professional.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2007, 04:11 PM
If your only value to a team is your shooting and you shoot 8-35 for the season, you might want to consider developing your game a bit. If only there was a place Marco could do that while still getting paid his NBA salary....

BacktoBasics
12-08-2007, 04:13 PM
If your only value to a team is your shooting and you shoot 8-35 for the season, you might want to consider developing your game a bit. If only there was a place Marco could do that while still getting paid his NBA salary....That would be genius

themvp
12-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Marco is a big fan of Kobe and his style od playing.

JamStone
12-08-2007, 04:24 PM
5-17 (29.4%) from 3 point range.

Meaning he's 3-18 for two-pointers.

He might need more than the D-League. Perimeter shooting was supposed to be his specialty.

BacktoBasics
12-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't see how you can take his stats into consideration. He's hardly played at all. Shooters need PT.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2007, 04:46 PM
That's an hour and a half of PT. When he got 22 minutes in a game he was 1-9.

OldDirtMcGirt
12-08-2007, 04:47 PM
What crap. Bellini should be thanking the stars the he even has the opportunity to play in the NBA, and should be doing whatever his coaches tell him to. Ask Jordan Farmar how the D-league worked out for him.

dubsball
12-08-2007, 05:12 PM
It's a Nellie mind game. He's just messin with Marco to get him to step it up, they secretly are obsessed with that guy and like him even more than Brandan Wright.

The D League for defense purposes wouldn't work because no one has our particular defensive rotation.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2007, 05:14 PM
The Warriors have a defensive rotation?

SenorSpur
12-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Wonder whether the Warriors can force him to go? Or what are their options in this case? I guess they could suspend him for insubordination. But that would only excaberate the situation.

ArgSpursFan.
12-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Wonder whether the Warriors can force him to go? Or what are their options in this case? I guess they could suspend him for insubordination. But that would only excaberate the situation.

I wonder if there is such a thing in his contract though.
If the Kid goes to practice on time and works out in the gym when requared,I donīt see a problem with it.
But if thereīs a contract close that sais that he has to play in the Dleague if needed,them thatīs a deferent story.

dubsball
12-08-2007, 06:51 PM
The Warriors have a defensive rotation?

In 11 of our last 13 games we do.

:blah

E20
12-08-2007, 07:06 PM
LMAO Belinelli is bashing Chump's league.

Bruno
12-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I think that some European players underrate the nba.
They are stars in Europe and think that they will be great in nba but they forgets two points.
First, nba basketball isn't the same than fiba basketball. You had to do a transition that isn't easy to do. There are also some players who can't do this transition.
Second, the nba level is way higher than the euroleague level. When the Greek or Argentinian NT beat the USA NT, some euro players think that the level in Europe isn't too far from the nab level but it's just false. Most nba teams, unlike USA NT, play structured basketball.

Euro players should stay humble, STFU and work hard. Some of them who hadn't understood that are back in Europe.

K-State Spur
12-08-2007, 07:43 PM
They are stars in Europe and think that they will be great in nba but they forgets two points.
First, nba basketball isn't the same than fiba basketball. You had to do a transition that isn't easy to do. There are also some players who can't do this transition.
Second, the nba level is way higher than the euroleague level. When the Greek or Argentinian NT beat the USA NT, some euro players think that the level in Europe isn't too far from the nab level but it's just false. Most nba teams, unlike USA NT, play structured basketball.

Euro players should stay humble, STFU and work hard. Some of them who hadn't understood that are back in Europe.

We see the same thing EVERY year with American kids in college. And we were seeing it with HS kids before the rule change.

It's not so much a European mentality as human nature that when guys dominate weaker competition, it builds up there ego and they begin to think that they are better than they are (or better than they need to work to be). The thought that those WIDE wide jumpers and lanes to the basket that a truck could drive through that they saw so much of in their previous league/conference may not be there for them in the NBA has never occurred them. And the thought of be guarded by someone just as big and just as quick, perish the thought....

ploto
12-08-2007, 09:25 PM

Rasho has always said that it takes two years to transition from the Euroleague to the NBA.

spurscenter
12-09-2007, 02:01 AM
kid would be top 10 rookies of the year if he played daily.

he has tremendous talent and is the next Ginobili

Mr. Body
12-09-2007, 02:42 AM
kid would be top 10 rookies of the year if he played daily.

he has tremendous talent and is the next Ginobili

June 2007 Forum, I think I found one of your posts.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Taurean Green on being assigned:

"I don't feel like it's a demotion; I haven't done anything wrong. It's whatever is best for the team. We have a lot of guys coming back from injury, and it's hard to get run here because we basically have five point guards. I want what is best for the team. I'm just going to go down there and play, and when I get called back up, I get called back up.''

Catch a clue, Marco.

Medvedenko
12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
I agree...it worked well for Jordan Farmar and we currrently got Coby Karl doing the D league and he's playing really well. Just suck it up and play ball.

RonMexico
12-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Taurean Green on being assigned:

"I don't feel like it's a demotion; I haven't done anything wrong. It's whatever is best for the team. We have a lot of guys coming back from injury, and it's hard to get run here because we basically have five point guards. I want what is best for the team. I'm just going to go down there and play, and when I get called back up, I get called back up.''

Catch a clue, Marco.

This is why I was high on Taurean Green coming out of Florida... he had championship experience and seemed to have a level head. His Dad seemed like a quality figure when they interviewed him on TV... unlike Joakim Noah's Dad, which is explains why his son is an ugly spaz.

Unfortunately for Taurean, he's a PG on a team that doesn't need one instead of a 6-8 "energy guy" on an underperforming squad.

If Belinelli performed on the court, he wouldn't have been assigned to the D-League... it's simple. I guess since the D-League hasn't been established in the NBA as long as the minors have in the MLB, it's probably a shot in the gut for some of the guys that get sent down there.

I think Green could be a quality PG in the leauge one day if he works hard.