PDA

View Full Version : How it is going down exactly tonight!

Rummpd
12-28-2004, 02:47 PM
During the 8 game earlier win streak I was "on top of my game" predicting Brown to break out, Rose with double doubles, scores right on etc. Feeling it again and very confident on this game.

As such, time to get back in saddle and lay it all on line.

First quarter

Spurs start surprisingly hot led by Manu and Parker and even a few baskets by Rasho. Duncan relatively quiet but huge on defense. Suns make a good run but Spurs lead by 3-5 at end.

2nd quarter

After a 3 minute or so rest, Duncan comes alive and so do Spurs with eclectic contributions big time off the bench - Brown, Beno, Horry and even Barry get in the act. Spurs by 8-10.

3rd quarter

Gets a little tight here as Suns have a run of 10 points but by that time Spurs had built a 10-14 point lead. Parker takes it to hole hard and Bowen begins to play great both sides hitting a clutch 3 and clamping down on Marion bigtime to hold them off. Spurs maintain lead that is down to 6-8.

4th quarter

Duncan after a relatively quiet game comes alive big time with a huge quarter balanced by a similar one by Manu. Spurs defense at a level of the Wolves game - paralyzing good. Even Beno spelling for Parker gets into the act and by 6 minutes left "it is then mop up time". Suns cut into a 18 point lead to 13 at end:

Spurs 99 Top scorers : Duncan 25, Parker 20, Manu 19 and Brown 13. Rose and Horry huge with 14 and 9 between them. Duncan 4 blocks and Rasho 3 in limited minutes.

Suns 86 Top scorer: Amare with 22, Marion with a hardfought 18, Nash with 16 and 9 assists but has to struggle to keep up with Parker. Richardson and Johnson struggle.

MadDoc = The Sage

CosmicCowboy
12-28-2004, 03:08 PM
I checked my magic 8 ball twice and came up with the same thing both times...you don't wanna know...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/daufuski/PICS/magic8ball.jpg

Rummpd
12-28-2004, 03:15 PM
Will see.

MadDoc

boutons
12-28-2004, 03:20 PM
I've seen PHX come back from some deep holes with late monster runs. If the Spurs get a lead in the 2nd half, they can't ease up on defense for a minute, meaning that the Spurs winning will also mean the Spurs were able to hold off the inevitable late PHX surge.

Dammit, still 5+ hours until tipoff.

adrienne
12-28-2004, 05:02 PM
I have to be disloyal. GO SPURS. I want to see Steve Nash lose, and he's not doing nearly enough of that lately.

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:02 PM
I've seen PHX come back from some deep holes with late monster runs. If the Spurs get a lead in the 2nd half, they can't ease up on defense for a minute, meaning that the Spurs winning will also mean the Spurs were able to hold off the inevitable late PHX surge.

Dammit, still 5+ hours until tipoff.

Exactly, from what I've seen, the Spurs have lost games because Pop decides to give the bench a try. Everytime he puts malik in, im pissed.

Even after a big lead, he shouldn't rest the starters and should stick with them till the end.

And by that I mean that they play alot of minutes, not all 48.

SlovenianGuy
12-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Spurs 99 Top scorers : Duncan 25, Parker 20, Manu 19 and Brown 13. Rose and Horry huge with 14 and 9 between them. Duncan 4 blocks and Rasho 3 in limited minutes.

Duncan 25 + Parker 20 + Manu 19 + Brown 13 + Rose&Horry 14 = 91

2nd quarter

After a 3 minute or so rest, Duncan comes alive and so do Spurs with eclectic contributions big time off the bench - Brown, Beno, Horry and even Barry get in the act. Spurs by 8-10.

I understand this as at least one FG for each of them.

91 + Barry 2 + Beno 2 = 95

Parker takes it to hole hard and Bowen begins to play great both sides hitting a clutch 3 and clamping down on Marion bigtime to hold them off.

95 + Bruce 3 = 98

Spurs start surprisingly hot led by Manu and Parker and even a few baskets by Rasho.

98 + Rasho 2 = 100

100>99

:smokin

I love maths.

Rummpd
12-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Agreed math needs a little work - it was a fuzzy crystal ball. Probably Rose/Horry at 14 a little high.

Settle for a 9/9 out of those two but no worries on overall outcome - just a feeling Spurs are PUMPED!

MadDoc

boutons
12-28-2004, 08:01 PM
"just a feeling Spurs are PUMPED!"

I had that feeling for the second SEA game. I don't know what it takes to have the Spurs show up for every game (ORL?) and for every quarter.

Jimcs50
12-28-2004, 08:20 PM
I have the under tonight at <198.5 for $50, The Spurs better bring their A game on defense and better not try to run with them. I think they will play great tonight to re-establish themselves as the true favorite to win it all.

genghisrex
12-28-2004, 08:27 PM
During the 8 game earlier win streak I was "on top of my game" predicting Brown to break out, Rose with double doubles, scores right on etc. Feeling it again and very confident on this game.
Has Malik had a double double even once this season? Not that he didn't play well during the streak, but that's an interesting "on top of my game" prediction.

:drunk

Jimcs50
12-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Spurs will have to stop the pick and roll tonight, that is the Suns' MO...they will pick and roll you to death, if they do not defend it correctly.