PDA

View Full Version : Manu AND Tony FANS SIGN IN...

greens
12-08-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm impressed by the way that BOTH Manu and Tony are playing this season thus far. They are both showing a lot of heart and intensity.

HUGE props to Manu for 37 pts in the last two games! The guy is unbelievable!!!

HUGE props to Tony for sticking it out and giving it his all in the last two games.

I'm a fan of the whole team...these two guys are superb. And both have taken such a beating in the last two games, especially...and both have a bit of injury going on...Manu's left hand/Tony's ankle...

And just for something new and unique, how about a PRO Manu/Tony FANS thread, SIGN in if you like them both! I'm really tired of Tony vs Manu threads...How about a positive thread for a change!!!

urunobili
12-08-2007, 06:12 PM
love the way Tony is showing more toughness than ever... Manu is accomplishing everyone's wishes here that said they wanted the 2005 version.. 07 looks upgraded though...

thispego
12-08-2007, 06:15 PM
tony has hit been hitting clutch 4th quarter jump shots ever since the playoffs began last year. i like that.

mookie2001
12-08-2007, 06:17 PM
you dont care what people think

i like that.

greens
12-08-2007, 07:01 PM
tony has hit been hitting clutch 4th quarter jump shots ever since the playoffs began last year. i like that.

Yup, that's one of his best improvements. He's coming through...in the recent game, he hit some clutch shots. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-08-2007, 07:10 PM
And just for something new and unique, how about a PRO Manu/Tony FANS thread, SIGN in if you like them both! I'm really tired of Tony vs Manu threads...How about a positive thread for a change!!!

Me too. :tu

I guess people need to argue about these things to keep themselves occupied?

greens
12-08-2007, 07:22 PM

I guess so. I just love both players...and the whole team. I'm proud of how everyone is playing thus far. Manu/Tony have been doing an amazing job especially thus far.

Bruno
12-08-2007, 07:29 PM
The fact that people had to make like that is a proof that Spurstalk is full of posters who thinks that you had to hate Parker if you are a true Manu fan. These posters are pathetic.

Tony and Manu are great players.
Manu has been awesome this year and has carried Spurs when Duncan was out. It was just unbelievable.
Parker had a hard time since one week likely because of his ankle injury but he has been clutch. Let's hope he will be healthy soon because he has had a great start of the season.

ducks
12-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Parker had a hard time since one week likely because of his ankle injury but he has been clutch.
yep he was on a rolll before but people will bash on him and not take into account he was hurt

manu stepped up huge when duncan got hurt

greens
12-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Both have been playing like all stars and both deserve to be all stars.

And why don't people stop making stupid threads after one of them has a great game dissing the other player!

I also love the way Oberto has been hustling this year especially everytime he tabs one of those rebounds to his teammates! :toast

Yup, Oberto has had key rebounds right when they need them especially...he just has a way of knocking the ball to one of his teammates...

He's a smart player.
:)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Absolutely Adam. Oberto was fantastic yesterday, and has been solidly contributing for most of the year. He is a prime example that even in an all-athletic league like the NBA, smarts and unselfishness can overcome athleticism.

All the Manu vs Tony threads just make me laugh - how spoiled are we Spurs fans? We have the best backcourt in the game, the greatest PF who ever lived, and a deeper bench than I've ever seen on a Spurs roster.

This is the GOLDEN AGE, people, lap it up! :D :fro

vander
12-08-2007, 08:55 PM

either that or go around to other forums acting smug and reminding them of how our team is so much better then theirs :p:

BonnerDynasty
12-08-2007, 09:46 PM
It's ridiculous watching BOTH of these guys being able to drive to the basket and the opposing side having no answer for BOTH of them.

One must suck but TWO of them. Good luck with that.

chokers3
12-08-2007, 11:32 PM
manu is the truth. tony is his kobe sidekick

SpursIndonesia
12-08-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm signed, truly a great time to be a Spurs fan. Manu & Tony, best Spurs backcourt combo ever ?

timvp
12-09-2007, 12:18 AM
tony has hit been hitting clutch 4th quarter jump shots ever since the playoffs began last year. i like that.That's been a good development in Parker's game. Even last year during the playoffs in games he was playing poorly, he'd hit big shots at the end to help pull out the win.

Parker up until the beginning of last year's playoffs wasn't known for his fourth quarter play. But in the playoffs last year he shot nearly 60% during crunch time (close game with under five minutes to go). This year he's shooting over 70% in crunch time. Let's hope it keeps up because having three big time fourth quarter players would make the Spurs that much tougher to beat.

Oh and as far as this thread goes, I feel sorry for those Spurs fans who have to pit Parker and Ginobili versus each other. They are both very good players who like playing with each other. They've basically grown up together and are playing great together. The chemistry between Parker and Ginobili is off the charts and there is absolutely no hint of jealousy between the two players.

In the Mav game, when Parker got knocked down it was Manu who rushed over and pushed Jason Terry away. When Manu got knocked down, Parker was there to confront a couple of Mavs.

When the Spurs won the championship last year, the first two players to embrace were Ginobili and Parker.

Yet, you have a number of weak sauce Spurs fans who try to prop up one of the two players by tearing down the other. Those fans are the lowest form of Spurs fans that exist.

As a number of posters have said in this thread, it's amazingly stupid not to just fully enjoy this time in franchise history. Soon, this will all be a memory. Soak up every second.

santymrc
12-09-2007, 12:33 AM
That's been a good development in Parker's game. Even last year during the playoffs in games he was playing poorly, he'd hit big shots at the end to help pull out the win.

Parker up until the beginning of last year's playoffs wasn't known for his fourth quarter play. But in the playoffs last year he shot nearly 60% during crunch time (close game with under five minutes to go). This year he's shooting over 70% in crunch time. Let's hope it keeps up because having three big time fourth quarter players would make the Spurs that much tougher to beat.

Oh and as far as this thread goes, I feel sorry for those Spurs fans who have to pit Parker and Ginobili versus each other. They are both very good players who like playing with each other. They've basically grown up together and are playing great together. The chemistry between Parker and Ginobili is off the charts and there is absolutely no hint of jealousy between the two players.

In the Mav game, when Parker got knocked down it was Manu who rushed over and pushed Jason Terry away. When Manu got knocked down, Parker was there to confront a couple of Mavs.

When the Spurs won the championship last year, the first two players to embrace were Ginobili and Parker.

Yet, you have a number of weak sauce Spurs fans who try to prop up one of the two players by tearing down the other. Those fans are the lowest form of Spurs fans that exist.

As a number of posters have said in this thread, it's amazingly stupid not to just fully enjoy this time in franchise history. Soon, this will all be a memory. Soak up every second.

100% with you.

m33p0
12-09-2007, 12:34 AM
those 2 have been pretty banged up the past week and it won't get any easier in the next game with golden state. they'll have to face davis and jackson on the road. good news is we'll have duncan on the lineup.

RashoFan
12-09-2007, 12:44 AM
It is great to see the team keeping up the wins with Duncan out. Tony and Manu have really been stepping up. But I think it is the unselfishness of the WHOLE team that is adding to the win column.

Loose Cannon
12-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Clearly this is an either/or proposition. Yin and yang. or something.

greens
12-09-2007, 06:04 AM
That's been a good development in Parker's game. Even last year during the playoffs in games he was playing poorly, he'd hit big shots at the end to help pull out the win.

What a truly excellent post. That's exactly how I feel too. We have amazing players on a true TEAM, in every sense of the word. Guys who are unselfish and do what they have to do as a team in order to win. Yet, threads are started all over the place, with one against the other.

When in reality, Manu and Tony are really close friends...who always, if you notice in interviews, praise each other and love playing together. And yes, if you go back and check out the pix during the 2007 Championship win, especially, you'll see a ton of good ones of Tony/Manu embracing each other. No jealousy...just total support.

I believe it was Robert Horry who said in the Spurs DVD that this team is like a family...and Tony said that too during the parade and in other interviews. So if they support each other...I don't see why the fans need to create divisions...it's one team, like the logo goes, TEAM is everything...

freemeat
12-09-2007, 06:10 AM
am i cool?

no.

well i don't care if you think i'm cool or not. That's what makes me cool right?

Hey, I think you're cool! :fro

freemeat
12-09-2007, 06:15 AM
You know that saying, "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

What about this: If you stop looking at the elephant -- :elephant -- does it stop dancing?

xapatan2
12-09-2007, 06:15 AM

amen !
Xap

freemeat
12-09-2007, 06:22 AM
amen !
Xap

SNAP! AW, SHEEEIIITT, BRUTHA!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-09-2007, 07:03 AM

On

the

money.

:tu

freemeat
12-09-2007, 07:10 AM
On

the

money.

:tu

Just think what it would be like if we still had Udrih, though.

Who knew he could be as good as he is with the Kings? Imagine having a BIG FOUR instead of three? Duncan-Parker-Ginobili-Udrih! SICK!