PDA

View Full Version : So.. today sucked.

LuvBones
12-08-2007, 10:58 PM
First I had a really crappy day at work. I'm sure everyone has those days, but it just really sucked. Then I call my boyfriend when I got off, thinking my night would get better, and he cancels our date for my work christmas party. lovely. Now I get home, and my dog (who's about 12 years old) has been limping around and it looks like he's getting worse. I think he's dying. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif I've had him since I was 10 and I can't stand to see him like this. It looks like there's blood on the sheets he sleeps on. I don't know what to do. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smicry.gif

Sapphire
12-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Awwww, that's so sad about your dog. Boyfriends come and go, but a dog, well , he's always there for you. I hope he's going to be OK. Can you get him to a vet tomorrow? Good luck.

LuvBones
12-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Awwww, that's so sad about your dog. Boyfriends come and go, but a dog, well , he's always there for you. I hope he's going to be OK. Can you get him to a vet tomorrow? Good luck.I don't know when I can take him to the vet but I know I'm going to have to take him soon. I'm just afraid they're going to tell me he needs to be put to sleep. When I even think about it it makes me cry.

CubanMustGo
12-08-2007, 11:26 PM
I know up here we have emergency vets that are open on weekends.

Very sorry to hear about your dog. We had to put a beloved cat down recently - kidney failure and he just got worse until one day he could do no more than weakly lift his head when we approached. We bawled like babies most of the day.

kingsfan
12-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Sorry about your dog, but you need to get him to the vet. I know the outcome might not be pleasant but if he's suffering it's for the best. It's been over a year since my dog passed and I still miss her. :cry

Clandestino
12-08-2007, 11:45 PM
why did your bf cancel your date?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I can think of two emergency vets off the top of my head.

One on Grissom between Timberhill and Culebra/Tezel with the other on Potranco near 151.

LuvBones
12-08-2007, 11:55 PM
:( I just can't afford to take him to an emergency vet. One of my sisters is working at a vet clinic & when I talked to her yesterday she said she would ask the vet there to see him, but she hasn't told me anything yet.

LuvBones
12-08-2007, 11:56 PM
I know up here we have emergency vets that are open on weekends.

Very sorry to hear about your dog. We had to put a beloved cat down recently - kidney failure and he just got worse until one day he could do no more than weakly lift his head when we approached. We bawled like babies most of the day.I'm sorry about your cat. :(

Pistons < Spurs
12-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Sorry bout your dog L'Bones. Hopefully things aren't as dire as you think. I've lost 2 dogs and a cat through the years, and I know how hard it can be. Hopefully you don't have to go through that.

Mr Dio
12-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Well, since you're Spurfect's sis I hope all works out for you as best it can.
HE won't give us everything we ask for but HE will give us everything we'll need to weather tough times.

Deep breath, chin up...

RashoFan
12-09-2007, 01:47 AM
LB, I am sorry to hear about the sucky day you have had. Guys can be frustrating and having a sick pet is very disheartening. Can't give advice about guys, but keep you dog as comfortable as possible and spend time with him. Take him into the vet asap.
It is hard when you see your "buddy" not feeling well and when it is time to say goodbye. We are here if you need someone to talk to you.

TheSanityAnnex
12-09-2007, 01:54 AM
Sorry to hear that. One of my dog's is 16 years old and doesn't have much longer to live. I'm not sure if I should put him down or let him live out the rest of his blind/deaf/limping life. Hope your pup gets better.

Jimcs50
12-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Sorry about your dog LB. I hope he will be ok. I hate losing my pets. Hopfully the Vet can do something other than say he needs to be put down.

Good luck.

BTW, fuck your boyfriend.

:p:

PM5K
12-09-2007, 03:05 AM
BTW, fuck your boyfriend.

:p:

:bang

Kori Ellis
12-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Sorry about your dog (and the rest of your day). Hopefully your dog can be treated and live for pain-free for a few more years.

Good luck.

Twisted_Dawg
12-09-2007, 06:57 AM
As for the insensitive, asshole boyfriend...too bad the vet can't put him down.

angel_luv
12-09-2007, 10:24 AM
I am sorry about your dog, Luv Bones. I said a prayer for him and for you as well.

Das Texan
12-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog, hope everything ends up ok and that your Sunday is better than your Saturday.

exstatic
12-09-2007, 11:55 AM
LB - Sorry about your dog. I put down my cat on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. She was diagnosed with advanced kidney disease in August, and the prognosis was "months". She had four, three were good. It was obvious that it was time to send her on her way. She would only move (slowly) a couple of times a day, and could always be found in the same 3 or 4 spots. She was losing interest in her food. I probably knew 2 weeks before her appt day that it was going to be "the day". She was suffering, and needed release.

florige
12-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Hopefully it's something minor that can be fixed with some treatment and meds. Man it seems like when it rains it freakin pours sometimes....

LuvBones
12-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Angel, thanks for your prayers. :)

mrsmaalox
12-09-2007, 02:34 PM
I feel for you. Any changes overnight?

Shelly
12-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Hope your dog gets better! They really are part of the family.

Ronaldo McDonald
12-09-2007, 04:20 PM
sorry about ur dog...but take it to the vet as soon as you can.

my 6 year old dog died in my moms arms abotu 1 month ago as we were in a car and and no more than a minute away from the vet.

He displayed schizo/paranoid signs the day before he died, and my mom and i thought he would snap out of it as he was always an eccentric dog (in a good way) and was always up to no good (the usual eating stuff off the floor that he wasn;t supposed to eat, getting dirty etc.) and he'd always act wierd after he got into this kind of trouble.

the morning after that day he displayed the schizo/paranoid shit he couldn;t control his bladder and was zigzagging pattern while he was walking. It was then we decided to take him to the vet. just secs before we got there het went into resperatory (sp?) arrest. my mom ran him into the office and they took him away from us.

as we were waiting in a room, a nurse comes in and tells us we could take a look at the dog. when he we saw it he looked out of it but was actually breathing normally. The future started to look bright.

but about an our after that, after we'd taken a bite to eat, the vet called us and told us that he'd got a cardiac arrest and died.

it's been depressing w/o him cuz he was the funniest dog of the bunch, had funny mannerisms and all that.

LuvBones
12-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I feel for you. Any changes overnight?Well my dog does look much better. Last night he looked sad, and he was not moving much. Today he was walking around outside, still limping, but walking alright. It does look like his front leg is broken though.. it looks crooked, but if it's just his leg then he'll be okay I hope.

Exstatic and Ronaldo, I'm so sorry to hear about your pets. It's really hard seeing them suffer, I know it's even harder to let them go.

angel_luv
12-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Angel, thanks for your prayers. :)

You're welcome. Anytime. :)

angel_luv
12-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Just so you know, I was praying that your day would get worse

so I at least canceled out Angel Luv's prayers

No, because God knew I was going to pray for you now and that you would be convicted and so did you the favor of ignoring your mean prayer.

atxrocker
12-09-2007, 05:37 PM

:lol :lol

angel_luv
12-09-2007, 07:18 PM
this isn't time travel

God owns time.

And my prayer went through and worked before you could think to mess with it.

So there! :)

ashbeeigh
12-09-2007, 09:03 PM

I prayed for the dog too, I just didn't post it. So she got two prayers.

jerk.

I hope everything is getting better, LB.

MoSpur
12-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Any updates on the dog?

tlongII
12-10-2007, 06:10 PM
First I had a really crappy day at work. I'm sure everyone has those days, but it just really sucked. Then I call my boyfriend when I got off, thinking my night would get better, and he cancels our date for my work christmas party. lovely. Now I get home, and my dog (who's about 12 years old) has been limping around and it looks like he's getting worse. I think he's dying. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif I've had him since I was 10 and I can't stand to see him like this. It looks like there's blood on the sheets he sleeps on. I don't know what to do. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smicry.gif

It's your lucky day! It just so happens that I will available to take you to the christmas party. :smokin

Unbeavable!

You dog is 84 years old in human years. That's pretty old!

LuvBones
12-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Any updates on the dog?Yes, he is doing much better now. :D He's running around like a young puppy again. And as for my sucky day, things are much better now too! My christmas party is right now but I don't want to go because it's far and you can barely see at all outside right now. Also, I may have a new job at a vet clinic. I'm so excited, I started today for a couple of hours and loved it! The dr. wants me to go back tomorrow but hasn't said if I'm hired for sure yet. She is looking for a full time assistant, this would be so perfect if she hires me full time. I've been dying to leave my job!! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif Thanks guys for your prayers, seems like they really worked. :)

Pistons < Spurs
12-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Great news!!! Glad to hear your dog is doing better.

And good luck w/ the job!

marini martini
12-10-2007, 08:17 PM
What a lovely story. It has brightened my crappy last few days. Sounds like you were meant to work for the vet. Congratulations :toast

And glad your pup is doing better :)

ALVAREZ6
12-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Why can't we give love that one more chance
Why can't we give love give love give love give love
give love give love give love give love give love

mrsmaalox
12-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Yes, he is doing much better now. :D He's running around like a young puppy again. And as for my sucky day, things are much better now too! My christmas party is right now but I don't want to go because it's far and you can barely see at all outside right now. Also, I may have a new job at a vet clinic. I'm so excited, I started today for a couple of hours and loved it! The dr. wants me to go back tomorrow but hasn't said if I'm hired for sure yet. She is looking for a full time assistant, this would be so perfect if she hires me full time. I've been dying to leave my job!! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif Thanks guys for your prayers, seems like they really worked. :)

Great turn of events! I hope you are offered the full-time job; I've always wanted to work with a vet.

LuvBones
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
What a lovely story. It has brightened my crappy last few days. Sounds like you were meant to work for the vet. Congratulations :toast

And glad your pup is doing better :)Thanks marini. :) I hope your crappy days start looking up too. I'm really happy with how things worked out. The dr. already had me handling the animals and really taught me a lot in just one day. I can't wait to go back!

easjer
12-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Hey, glad the dog is doing better. My cat is 16 in March, and worry about him when he's not feeling well.

Good luck with the job thing. I just changed jobs/careers and it's been just one day, but already it's good to get out of a job that wasn't doing good things for me.

marini martini
12-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Your welcome :) My first job was working for vets. Worked there for three years and loved it :spin

When the time comes you will know when it's time to put your beloved "down". And after you do, it will hurt alot, :cry but you will find solace in knowing that was the most humane thing in the world that you could have done for your best friend.

Spurfect
12-10-2007, 09:05 PM
I try not to even think about him passing because it literally makes me sick. my stomach turns to knots, and I think about past pets dying like Pepper and how hard it is going through that. it is really painful. man it's going to be so sad, I'm glad he has been looking and acting better lately. i'm getting sad now lol

marini martini
12-10-2007, 09:37 PM
I try not to even think about him passing because it literally makes me sick. my stomach turns to knots, and I think about past pets dying like Pepper and how hard it is going through that. it is really painful. man it's going to be so sad, I'm glad he has been looking and acting better lately. i'm getting sad now lol

Did not mean to be a Debbie Downer. It's just that I've had a 16 year old lab, that we should have put down, and died a horrific death. (we had to shoot him in the head) :depressed

Versus the animals we put down at the vets, that went peacefully, with us saying our last good byes :rolleyes

Either way, neither is fun, but I take the humane way, any day :toast

Spurfect
12-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Did not mean to be a Debbie Downer. It's just that I've had a 16 year old lab, that we should have put down, and died a horrific death. (we had to shoot him in the head) :depressed

Versus the animals we put down at the vets, that went peacefully, with us saying our last good byes :rolleyes

oh I didn't mean it that way.. it's just that lately with him being sick I have been trying not to think of that because if I do I get really down. I know it's inevitable though, and I really would rather it be the more humane way as well. I don't want him to suffer or anything like that. my last pet died in my arms on the way to the emergency vet, it was heartbreaking. he was taking his last breaths.. it's just hard to think about things like that. I'm sorry about your dog, I can't even imagine having to shoot a dog in the head, I really can't, that is so sad. :cry :cry :cry :depressed

MoSpur
12-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Glad to hear your dog is better. I hope the new job at the vet clinic works out.

703 Spurz
12-11-2007, 11:29 AM

Why did you have to shoot the animal?

marini martini
12-11-2007, 10:43 PM
He was senile, we just came back from camping, Labor Day weekend. He was laying by the truck's tire when my husband accidently backed up and ran over his back side. "Luke" was crying in pain, no vets open out here that day. Called a friend that worked for the S.A. zoo, he came out with his 45. Took our young daughter & best friend for a ride.
When we came back Luke was a-sleep and buried. RIP Luke :depressed

Best damn dog we ever owned :cry

703 Spurz
12-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Sorry to hear it :depressed