PDA

View Full Version : All-Decline Team My A**

Kent_in_Atlanta
12-09-2007, 05:59 PM
This is a thread for those who were wrong about Manu to come clean, admit their stupidity, and redeem themselves.

Didn't John Hollinger have Manu on his "All-decline" team this year? Has anyone surgically removed his head from his ass yet??

I remember someone in this forum recently (I don't remember exactly who, but I know he was a Lakers fan)... who insisted that if Manu weren't on the same team with Tim Duncan, he wouldn't average anywhere near 20 ppg. I told him that if Tim weren't on this team, Manu would average closer to 30 ppg. Sir, whoever you are, are you ready to admit your idiocy and turn over a new leaf? Even though you're a Laker fan... there is still hope for you.

Oh yeah... and would the "trade Manu" guy please take a moment to beg the forgiveness of Spurs fans everywhere?

TradeParker4Nash
12-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Never.

Kent_in_Atlanta
12-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Never.

Close enough.

RobinsontoDuncan
12-09-2007, 06:03 PM
his play this year is defying the laws of physics... he is more athletic this year than he was the previous two.... possibly more than 2002-2005 as well. I can't understand where that came from

Harry Callahan
12-09-2007, 06:04 PM
John Hollinger (Mr. Stat Man - Mr. PER) had Houston coming out of the Western Conference (Currently 11-10). He is not terribly good at his job at analyzing the NBA.

timvp
12-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Manu Thread!

Kent_in_Atlanta
12-09-2007, 06:07 PM
his play this year is defying the laws of physics... he is more athletic this year than he was the previous two.... possibly more than 2002-2005 as well. I can't understand where that came from

I don't think he's any more athletic. He's just healthy, and for the first time in a good while... rested (since he didn't play for Argentina this summer).

The other reason people are seeing more from Manu this year is that he has been coming off the bench from day-1. He spends far fewer minutes on the floor when both Tony and Tim are also on the floor. When either Tim or Tony are on the floor (especially Tim), he gets to be "the man" far more often.

That's my view of it anyway.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-09-2007, 06:48 PM
wow... there hasn't been enough threads about Manu already?? I mean, it was cool the first couple of minutes after each 37 pt game, when one usually is in a daze of excitement having watched Manu play like he has lately, but COME ON!! There is so much overreaction going on in here by Manu fans that they're effectively killing their own momentum.

I never thought I'd say this but... there's actually TOO much Manu love going around! so much so that its making even me sick...

THERE's something I never thought I would say :oops

Its just that its gotten to a point where its like when you're hanging out with your friend and his girlfriend and all of a sudden they start the whole "You're so cute!", "no, YOU are so cute!", "no, you!" and immediately you want to barf. :wtf Too much love jades, people!

Why can't we enjoy these past couple of games for what they are? Manu stepping up his game to offset the absence of Tim, nothing more but nothing less either.

Now I'm not saying quit the Manu worshiping... god knows I won't :lol but dialing it down a bit could be healthy. Think of it as saving some for later.

Now, I fear I just gone and stirred a hornets nest and quite possible will get bit, sort of speak, but it just needed to be said :madrun

Joe Schmoogins
12-09-2007, 07:01 PM
he gets to be "the man" far more often.

As he should be...

It is a beautiful thing to watch how Manu has embraced his role as a non-starter. It's been said a hundred times before but it's worth saying again... We are ridiculously fortunate to have players like Manu whose level of talent is matched and exceeded by their level of character. There are only a handful of star athletes who would accept a bench role like Manu has. It's refreshing to see.

Joe Schmoogins
12-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I never thought I'd say this but... there's actually TOO much Manu love going around! so much so that its making even me sick...

Dude... I don't know if you are worthy of your name anymore after that statement.

freemeat
12-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Can we get Kobe for Manu?

TradeParker4Nash
12-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I hope!

lefty
12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
:drunk

Dex
12-09-2007, 08:17 PM
James White!

Ariel
12-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Well, he's already back-pedaling (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-071205), for whatever it's worth:

Ray (San Antonio): Ready to eat some crow for listing Manu Ginobli on the All Decline Team?

John Hollinger: When you make predictions, the only prediction you can guarantee is that some of them will be wrong. Manu's indicators pointed downward, but to his credit he found a way to take his game to another level.

SpurOutofTownFan
12-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Manu Thread!

It's ok

SpurOutofTownFan
12-09-2007, 09:15 PM
wow... there hasn't been enough threads about Manu already?? I mean, it was cool the first couple of minutes after each 37 pt game, when one usually is in a daze of excitement having watched Manu play like he has lately, but COME ON!! There is so much overreaction going on in here by Manu fans that they're effectively killing their own momentum.

THERE's something I never thought I would say :oops

Its just that its gotten to a point where its like when you're hanging out with your friend and his girlfriend and all of a sudden they start the whole "You're so cute!", "no, YOU are so cute!", "no, you!" and immediately you want to barf. :wtf Too much love jades, people!

Why can't we enjoy these past couple of games for what they are? Manu stepping up his game to offset the absence of Tim, nothing more but nothing less either.

Now I'm not saying quit the Manu worshiping... god knows I won't :lol but dialing it down a bit could be healthy. Think of it as saving some for later.

Now, I fear I just gone and stirred a hornets nest and quite possible will get bit, sort of speak, but it just needed to be said :madrun

I'm amused by this post. I don't think Kent was trying to praise Manu at all. I read it twice and I can't find anything like I usually see in a Manu loving post. But that's my humble take, respectfully.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm amused by this post. I don't think Kent was trying to praise Manu at all. I read it twice and I can't find anything like I usually see in a Manu loving post. But that's my humble take, respectfully.you don't? really??

birdy219
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
you don't? really??
OH, Manu Manu I love you! :makeout There is never too much love. More Love More Love for Manu. :princess :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :eyebrows

nkdlunch
12-09-2007, 09:43 PM
this forum should be called Manutalk

MaNuMaNiAc
12-09-2007, 09:43 PM
OH, Manu Manu I love you! :makeout There is never too much love. More Love More Love for Manu. :princess :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :eyebrows
:lol

ATXSPUR
12-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Too much Manu love? NEVER! :smokin :elephant :spin

MaNuMaNiAc
12-09-2007, 10:16 PM
this forum should be called Manutalka few more Manu threads and it may as well be

ShoogarBear
12-09-2007, 11:01 PM
:lolhttp://www.laughingcatholic.biz/assets/images/site/laugh/excommunication.jpg

Shaolin-Style
12-09-2007, 11:58 PM
I can't stomach reading anything from Hollinger.

His power rankings suck, his predictions suck...he just all around sucks.

Jimcs50
12-10-2007, 12:19 AM
If you remember a couple of years ago, Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith said that if Manu was on most other teams, he would average around 30 pts a game.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-10-2007, 02:14 AM
http://www.laughingcatholic.biz/assets/images/site/laugh/excommunication.jpg
:lmao

~Sweetmelody~
12-10-2007, 02:28 AM
:lol @ ShoogarBear

MaNuMaNiAc there is no such thing as too much Manu Love!

Oh, and I LOVE MANU! :p:

ancestron
12-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey I love Manu too! :D

romain.star
12-10-2007, 12:58 PM
:lol

I now understand all the craziness surounding el pibe de oro !!!

Argentina loves to love !!! :clap :toast

ancestron
12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/manumakeslove.jpg

ArgSpursFan.
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/manumakeslove.jpg

:lmao