PDA

View Full Version : Vassilis Spanoulis Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Greece beat Israel 76-66 in opening game.

Spanoulis leading scorer of game with 19 points.

Greece picks up where it started with 3-0 in preliminary and Spanoulis continues to be leading scorer in every game.

Spurs must be taking note of this, not just Scola dominating so far.

Ariel
09-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Spanoulis had serious issues adjusting to life in the USA. He even went on the record saying he could not live there any longer, and that he wouldn't change his mind even if he was offered the starting PG job on the Spurs. He was never a possibility, so no point fretting over this.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-12-2007, 04:36 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/lazenby19691969/Spanoulis_Floparonos_Amerikanos-1.jpg

He tell me he VERY gets angry over this.

Bruno
09-12-2007, 06:16 AM
:rolleyes
If V-Span is "very mad" and "very angry" about that, he is really too sensitive.

Solid D
09-12-2007, 06:37 AM
:) The poor editing job is enough to create disdain and gnashing of teeth.

exstatic
09-12-2007, 07:43 AM
WGAF forum. Vasilinous Spandexicus is not a Spur, nor will he probably ever be.

Hedo/Rasho/Jack/Devin forum

Solid D
09-12-2007, 07:59 AM
I suppose we will be seeing "Billy" wearing green in San Antonio in one month from tomorrow.

TDMVPDPOY
09-12-2007, 08:14 AM
tmac of greece? hahahahah wtf

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Why put this thread here? It says "clutchfans.net" at the bottom, go bitch and moan there!

From what I've read of the way the Rockets treated him, the banner is wrong and unfair, but it's not Spurstalk business, surely!?

Switchman
09-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I'd be mad too.

nfg3
09-12-2007, 10:30 AM
If V-Span is "very mad" and "very angry" about that, he is really too sensitive.

Agreed - get over it and move on. You shouldn't really care at all. The NBA isn't a concern for you now and probably never will be. If you ever come over I'll believe it when I see it.

Extra Stout
09-12-2007, 11:22 AM
If he gets angry about that, then he is a flaming wussbag, and never would have made it in the NBA, since Hedo Turkoglu could have fired a little conquest smack at him and left him blubbering on the floor.

BacktoBasics
09-12-2007, 11:40 AM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k90/Loneliest/shopped.jpg

saporvida
09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
i was kinda cool with the idea of vspan coming to the spurs then i heard he wanted no part of the nba, and then i heard he was coming back in a yr or so and possibly to the spurs, but with all this talk about him having his panties in a wad over everything he seems to come off as a pussy to me and we dont need no pussies on our bad boy squad we got going right now.

im sorry but vspan is really starting to get under my skin. i dont care for childish whining and it seems as though thats all vspan does is bitch and whine. at this point id have to say stay in europe and cry all you want over there cause you def dont belong in the big boys league.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
"Millionaire angered by picture on internets. Nation mourns."

timvp
09-12-2007, 04:25 PM
If he gets angry about that, then he is a flaming wussbag, and never would have made it in the NBA

That about sums it up.

saporvida
09-12-2007, 04:46 PM
the dudes not on our team so who gives a fuck (ex. scola). end of story!

Roxsfan
09-12-2007, 09:02 PM
tmac of greece? hahahahah wtf

there was a rumor that he had said (while voicing his displeasure to jvg for being relegated to rox bench-warmer) that this is crap, I am Tmac in Greece or some shiit like that. He later denied saying that. He may not have said it, but they dog him for it.

magic
09-12-2007, 09:06 PM
wgaf

Fast Dunk
09-13-2007, 01:42 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/lazenby19691969/Spanoulis_Floparonos_Amerikanos-1.jpg

For a guy who didn't want to play for a "championship" team...yeah I ' ll laughing my ass off!!!

lemon
09-13-2007, 02:58 AM
Just wait 11 & 13 October, not for the Greek TMac (SVG :devil imagination!...), but for a guy he realy like to play basketball :hungry:
After that, let's write :spin

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_23334.shtml

Spurs Report By Bill Ingram

In a recent article, ESPN's Chris Sheridan (in Madrid covering the European Finals) wrote the following:

Memo to R.C. Buford in San Antonio: You are going to rue the day you decided to allow Vassilis Spanoulis to leave the NBA (after you acquired him earlier this summer from Houston for Jackie Butler and the rights to Luis Scola) and return to Panathinaikos in Greece.

This on the heels of a 24-point five-assist game from Spanoulis, who hit 10 of his 14 field goal attempts in a hard loss to Madrid.

Well, let's back up a second and see if R.C. Buford will really find time to rue a minor personnel move in between dusting and polishing his championship trophies.

First of all, this wasn't Buford's call. To completely understand why Vassilis Spanoulis is back in Greece after spurning the NBA we have to jump back to this time last season, when some promises were made . . .and consequently broken.

The Houston Rockets promised Spanoulis quality playing time if he came over to the NBA. Unfortunately, promises made by the front office don't always translate to the bench. According to Spanoulis, former Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy told him flat out that the decision to bring him in was against his better judgment and that he wasn't planning on playing him. Van Gundy then outfitted Spanoulis with a pair of specially made Rockets uniform shorts that came complete with a built-in chair sticking out of the rear.

As each passing game saw Van Gundy's promise kept, Spanoulis got madder and madder. He kept thinking about what he had left behind to join the NBA. He thought about the superstar status he enjoyed (and earned), he thought about the playing time he garnered, the clutch shots that were put into his hands, and how he came through time and again for his Greek team. By the time the season ended, Spanoulis was finished. He packed up his apartment and returned to Greece the day after the Rockets were eliminated from the playoffs, vowing never to return to the NBA.

A new head coach was brought in by a new general manager in Houston, yet the situation didn't even begin to resolve itself. Daryl Morey said over and over again he planned to have Spanoulis in camp; Rick Adelman said he planned to play Spanoulis as one of his rotation guards. Yet as the team brought in more and more bodies at the point position, it became clear Spanoulis was not really in the plan. By the time the Rockets traded him to the San Antonio Spurs for Luis Scola and Jackie Butler it was clear Spanoulis wasn't going to play. It's even been rumored that the Spurs already had a buy-out arranged when they made the deal.

What the Spurs wanted was to cut their losses on Scola and lock up as much as $13 million in salary cap and luxury tax savings. Keeping Spanoulis was never an option. Jeff Van Gundy burned that bridge long before it got close to "spann-ing" the San Antonio River.

R.C. Buford is unlikely to lose much sleep over the loss of Spanoulis, no matter how well the brilliant guard plays for his Greek team. There was nothing he could have done to convince Spanoulis to come back to the NBA. For Buford and the Spurs it was a purely financial decision.

ducks
09-17-2007, 09:29 PM
hoopsworld sucks

exstatic
09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
NBA pussies/mama's boy forum

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=EuroSemifinals

By Chris Sheridan

Memo to R.C. Buford in San Antonio: You are going to rue the day you decided to allow Vassilis Spanoulis to leave the NBA (after you acquired him earlier this summer from Houston for Jackie Butler and the rights to Luis Scola) and return to Panathinaikos in Greece.

Spanoulis was a force for Greece on Saturday in its semifinal match against Spain, scoring 24 points on 10-of-14 shooting with five assists to carry his team's offense on a day when Theo Papaloukas was a nonfactor and Dimitrios Diamantidis had his worst game of the tournament.

ducks
09-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I shot 15-16 last night
so is rc going to lose sleep over passing me

Strike
09-17-2007, 09:41 PM
about as much as he loses sleep passing gas.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Remember when Jasikevicius was going to tear up the league? Channel that.

ChumpDumper
09-17-2007, 09:49 PM
R.C. Buford is unlikely to lose much sleep over the loss of Spanoulis, no matter how well the brilliant guard plays for his Greek team. There was nothing he could have done to convince Spanoulis to come back to the NBA.

It's done. I'm glad he went back to Albania.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-17-2007, 09:54 PM
R.C. Buford is unlikely to lose much sleep over the loss of Spanoulis, no matter how well the brilliant guard plays for his Greek team. There was nothing he could have done to convince Spanoulis to come back to the NBA.

It's done. I'm glad he went back to Albania.

Actual he return to Athens, Hellas.

ChumpDumper
09-17-2007, 09:54 PM
1) What's the difference?

2) Who cares?

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-17-2007, 09:56 PM
1) What's the difference?

2) Who cares?

Um you not realize different from Greece and Albania?

You understand different from Spurs and Clippers?

exstatic
09-17-2007, 09:57 PM
KBP - No one gives a fuck about Vasaline Spanikopita. He didn't want to play here, nor do we need him. Please stop posting this shit. You're the only one that cares.

ChumpDumper
09-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Um you not realize different from Greece and Albania?No, because it doesn't matter.
You understand different from Spurs and Clippers?They're both in the NBA. Vaseline Spampenis isn't.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Vagisil Spanalouswhatever isn't even a NBA player. At least the threads about the other international player the Spurs got rid of this summer are about a NBA player.

thispego
09-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I shot 15-16 last night
so is rc going to lose sleep over passing me
funniest thing ducks has ever said

TDMVPDPOY
09-17-2007, 10:39 PM
memo to bill

go eat a shit retard

with or without the spartan, didnt stop the spurs from winning....

dude couldnt adjust to nba rules

ChumpDumper
09-17-2007, 10:42 PM
He may or may not be a good player in the NBA, but chances are he'll never come back. It's nothing to get worked up over anymore.

Switchman
09-18-2007, 12:15 AM
I for one am tired of players' names I cannot pronounce.

Keep that shit simple and throw in some i's and l's.

phxspurfan
09-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Why do people keep talking about him? Apparently pro writers don't even know the situation.

TDMVPDPOY
09-18-2007, 01:15 AM
the writers are hyping this bust who cant play in the nba, but pands out in fiba games, theres a huge fukn difference under both rules

hsxvvd
09-18-2007, 02:05 AM
oh dear, like it wasn't bad enough, we traded Butler & Scola for Spaninaloolous
We then let Spasticuolous go for nothing,
AND now, Spudilicious is the second coming of Jordan.

Fast Dunk
09-18-2007, 03:50 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=EuroSemifinals

By Chris Sheridan

Spanoulis was a force for Greece on Saturday in its semifinal match against Spain, scoring 24 points on 10-of-14 shooting with five assists to carry his team's offense on a day when Theo Papaloukas was a nonfactor and Dimitrios Diamantidis had his worst game of the tournament.

In other words:

RC "the puppet" Buford Sucks for gift wrapping Scola to the Rockets and letting this SPan guy walk without getting anything back?

Open your eyes dumbfucks!

Maybe you should credit Presti for your success, not puppet Buford.

jmard5
09-18-2007, 05:09 AM
oh dear, like it wasn't bad enough, we traded Butler & Scola for Spaninaloolous
We then let Spasticuolous go for nothing,
AND now, Spudilicious is the second coming of Jordan.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1468/snuffleupagushp7.jpg

I thought he was with Sesame Street and not Greece?

lemon
09-18-2007, 05:17 AM
I for one am tired of players' names I cannot pronounce.

Keep that shit simple and throw in some i's and l's.

I'm sure that you still can't pronounce Ginobili or Scola :p:

Extra Stout
09-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Um you not realize different from Greece and Albania?

You understand different from Spurs and Clippers?
Stick it in your gyro.

MajorMike
09-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Stick it in your gyro.

:rollin

George Gervin's Afro
09-18-2007, 08:46 AM
In other words:

RC "the puppet" Buford Sucks for gift wrapping Scola to the Rockets and letting this SPan guy walk without getting anything back?

Open your eyes dumbfucks!

Maybe you should credit Presti for your success, not puppet Buford.

I regrets reading your posts.. dumbf*ck

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-18-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm sad they let V-Span go simply because of how easy it is to make fun of his name.

IceColdBrewski
09-18-2007, 04:26 PM
I guess this writer expected the Spurs to keep him chained up in a basement under the ATT center?

He made it clear that he'd never play in the NBA again, and nothing was going to make him change his mind. His vagina was getting hurt too badly playing in the USA, so he decided to take his ball and go home.

Pero
09-18-2007, 04:46 PM
You mean his vagina was getting hurt too badly NOT playing in the USA...

whottt
09-18-2007, 06:19 PM
I agree with Kill Bill Pana....

Spurs should have told Vassilis he can rot in hell rather than release him from his contract.

Oh wait...KBP is happy the Spurs gave Vassilis what he wanted and released him...

It's just that Kill Bill Pana is in such a hurry to warp his lips about Vassilis cock and suck it, that he'll shit all over the Spurs for doing nothing more than honoring Vasillis' request.....

whottt
09-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I regrets reading your posts.. dumbf*ck

I'd just like to point out that GGA is a liberal....

So that 10 years from now when Greece hates us for these comments...he won't be able to blame Bush for it. This means you too ecstatic.

And you guys wonder why Americans are hated.

Vingianx
09-18-2007, 06:28 PM
this thread is pointless over some dude who doesn't want to play in the U.S.

lemon
09-24-2007, 11:13 AM
...And you guys wonder why Americans are hated.
:clap :clap :clap

wildbill2u
09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't see why there is all the vituperation against V-span. There isn't any doubt that JVG didn't like it that he was foisted on his team and wouldn't play him the minutes he probably deserved according to his teammates.

That's bad on JVG and not V-Span. If the young man has a bad taste in his mouth for the politics of the NBA and has personal problems at home in his family I can see why he'd want to return to Europe to play.

Spurs knew when they made the trade he wanted to return to Euro leagues and may have WANTED that outcome. So he probably didn't hurt any feelings in the FO and I don't see why any Spurs fan ought to act like a pussy-whipped jilted lover.

I see no reason to call him names and talk with such venom about the guy we never had and never particularly wanted. Grow up.

Obstructed_View
09-24-2007, 11:45 AM
I'd just like to point out that GGA is a liberal....

So that 10 years from now when Greece hates us for these comments...he won't be able to blame Bush for it. This means you too ecstatic.

And you guys wonder why Americans are hated.
You mean people hated Americans before Bush became president? I thought the Taliban thanked us for those cruise missles that we sent on the day Clinton was supposed to testify to the grand jury.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-04-2007, 02:48 PM
I talk to Billy on phone from Hilton and ask he change mind yet. He say yes and Spur agree. If he win Triple Crown with Panathinaikos this year like team have also do last year he return Spurs as he can opt out after year of contract. He only have buyout if he not opt out of contract after first year!

But he want win Triple Crown and this be also include Euroleague Championship. He already have Greek Championship and Greek Cup Championship and Europeans Championship and so now he want Euroleagues Championship and Triple Crown like his team do last year.

They should do this so then Billy have all champions he want excepts World Champions even though he have 2nd place in this already, Olympic champions and NBA champions. This is goal be first ever get these all.

So national team still have to get World Champions and Olympic but they have already 2nd place world and 4th Olympic and first Europe so he think they do this soon. But to get NBA champions he need return NBA. So he return to Spurs if Spurs takes him back. Lindsey and Buford have tell him before and Parker to that if he wants back he can and that they have much money and roosters space next year for him. Also he have say Udrih agent already talk about joins Olympiakos next year when Billy replace him.

Hemotivo
10-04-2007, 02:50 PM
bs

Summers
10-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I talk to Billy on phone from Hilton and ask he change mind yet. He say yes and Spur agree. If he win Triple Crown with Panathinaikos this year like team have also do last year he return Spurs as he can opt out after year of contract. He only have buyout if he not opt out of contract after first year!

But he want win Triple Crown and this be also include Euroleague Championship. He already have Greek Championship and Greek Cup Championship and Europeans Championship and so now he want Euroleagues Championship and Triple Crown like his team do last year.

They should do this so then Billy have all champions he want excepts World Champions even though he have 2nd place in this already, Olympic champions and NBA champions. This is goal be first ever get these all.

So national team still have to get World Champions and Olympic but they have already 2nd place world and 4th Olympic and first Europe so he think they do this soon. But to get NBA champions he need return NBA. So he return to Spurs if Spurs takes him back. Lindsey and Buford have tell him before and Parker to that if he wants back he can and that they have much money and roosters space next year for him. Also he have say Udrih agent already talk about joins Olympiakos next year when Billy replace him.

What's the time line on this? When would he make a decision?

ChumpDumper
10-04-2007, 03:22 PM
This gets weirder every week. :tu

ChumpDumper
10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Although I don't know why Vaginitis wouldn't just wait a couple of years and enter the NBA as a member of the Olympiakos expansion team. It is a done deal after all, as announced by the NBA and reported extensively in the US media.

picnroll
10-04-2007, 03:28 PM
What number does Vagisil wear? We'll retire it now just in case he doesn't make it over.

Do you have to actually play on the team to have your numberretired. Can we do a Miami - Jordan type thing with Vagisil?

Hey glad I remebered that. Miami (I think it was them) retiring Jordan's number is even lamer than retiring AJ's. I feel better already.

thispego
10-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Lindsey and Buford have tell him before and Parker to that if he wants back he can and that they have much money and roosters space next year for him.

and i think his nickname should be Vagisilis

Bruno
10-04-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't think Spurs will be ready to give a lot of money to Spanoulis. If he wants to come back in nab with Spurs next year, he will have to take a pay cut.

VaSpursFan
10-04-2007, 03:56 PM
what??? so if he doesn't accomplish this feat this year, he'll stay in europe. while he is infinitely better that fatso, i mean beno, until he is actually on the spurs roster, these little anecdotes are meaningless.

hater
10-04-2007, 04:11 PM
someone translate that first post.

Kori Ellis
10-04-2007, 04:14 PM
1. Why do you call him Billy in the first place? When did he acquire an English nickname? (Just curious)

2. "Billy" needs to learn to play the point before you pencil him in as the backup point guard for the Spurs. Right now he's just a wild smallish shooting guard.

3. The majority of your "Billy" posts are so outlandish. This one is right up there.

:tu

Slomo
10-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Do they have phones in Greece?

Slomo
10-04-2007, 04:18 PM
How about Oreos?

smrattler
10-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I was looking forward to HOPEFULLY take another stroll down the Riverwalk at another championship parade party next summer...

But this is way better. I'll plan to be at the airport when he gets here and throw confeti at him and hold up Billy posters.

ORION
10-04-2007, 04:22 PM
much money and roosters space next year for him
does he raise Roosters ?
haha Roosters

Scola Trade
10-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Billy tells me that he's not happy at Pana. He was promised starting PG at Pana then Pana signs Cabbage. Billy wants to come back an play for Spurs...

:lol

Barbarian
10-04-2007, 04:58 PM
someone translate that first post.

I must have read it 12 times and I still have no idea what is going on. Seriously, can someone summarize that first post in English. No hard feelings KillBill.

Whisky Dog
10-04-2007, 05:03 PM
I talk to Billy last year and he say Van Gundy told him that skinny, crappy euro guard will never play for him. So then Billy get mad and look around the NBA and see that fatter, even crappyer euro guard already play for Spurs. Billy say that he should be only crappy euro guard to play for Spurs since he is the better crappy euro guard. Then Billy do line of coke off of hooker's ass and dream of the day he is 3rd string crappy euro guard with Spurs.

Demo Dick Marcinko
10-04-2007, 05:05 PM
The way I understood it is "billy" is going to knock off Seattle Slew and win the Belmont Stakes on his way to a triple crown. If he can't do it then his owners will put him out to pasture or possibly to stud. Not a bad gig.

Indazone
umm ok right now I have to say this...too much information for the board to assimilate with any confidence right now. Especially in light that Spanoulis dumped the Spurs and went back to Greece. I'd say if true, this is a confidential conversation best left unsaid unless he comes out in the press and says it.

Bruno
I must have read it 12 times and I still have no idea what is going on. Seriously, can someone summarize that first post in English. No hard feelings KillBill.

If Spanoulis win it all next year with Panathinaikos, he could decide to come back in nba.
Spanoulis can opt out from his Greek contract next year and won't have a buyout if he decides to opt out.
If Spanoulis decide to come back in nba, Spurs are interested to get him.
Another Greek team called Olympiakos is interested to sign Beno next summer.

Bruno
10-04-2007, 05:08 PM
The triple crown is to win three competitions (the Euroleague, Greek League and Greek cup) in the same year.
Panathinaikos did it last year and they want to repeat it this year.

Ocotillo
10-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Another Greek team called Olympiakos is interested to sign Beno next summer.

Why wait? Someone in the front office should be on the phone asking if they would pony up the money for a buy out and they can have him as soon as R.C. can get a Price Line deal on a one-way ticket to Athens.

Indazone
10-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Probably because this is not the year for the Spurs to add players. They are looking at clearing cap space and I'm betting that they will have more cap space and expiring contracts to look at the following year. I haven't looked this up so someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Bruno
10-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Why wait? Someone in the front office should be on the phone asking if they would pony up the money for a buy out and they can have him as soon as R.C. can get a Price Line deal on a one-way ticket to Athens.

There have been rumors that they were interested to sign him this summer but Beno wanted to stay in SA. They finally signed Lynn Greer (the Bucks player who killed Spurs last year) instead of Beno.

Indazone
10-04-2007, 05:14 PM
There have been rumors that they were interested to sign him this summer but Beno wanted to stay in SA. They finally signed Lynn Greer (the Bucks player who killed Spurs last year) instead of Beno.

Course now with Beno's broken finger does that make Beno expendable?

Bruno
10-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Course now with Beno's broken finger does that make Beno expendable?

I don't see what Beno's broken finger change.

Slomo
10-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Why wait? Someone in the front office should be on the phone asking if they would pony up the money for a buy out and they can have him as soon as R.C. can get a Price Line deal on a one-way ticket to Athens.Because the Spurs can not trade anybody outside the NBA. They can waive him, but that's it. So for Beno to land in Olympiakos, Beno would have to agree to it. And next year? Benos is a free agent, he's free to go anywhere he wants (can) without owing anything to the Spurs.

As for Billy, after barely escaping from the evil NBA empire (judging by his whining) I really don't see him wanting to come back. Actually because of the way he left he burned quite a few bridges in the process.

Indazone
10-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Beno leaves next year then there is definately one open roster spot. Whether or not KillBill actually fills it when the time comes remains to be seen. I try not to get too excited about things until the ink is drying on the paper.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Although I don't know why Vaginitis wouldn't just wait a couple of years and enter the NBA as a member of the Olympiakos expansion team. It is a done deal after all, as announced by the NBA and reported extensively in the US media.

Panathinaikos not Olympiakos. Two different team both play in Athens. Panathinaikos best team in Europe and Olympiakos third best team in Europe.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-04-2007, 08:50 PM
what??? so if he doesn't accomplish this feat this year, he'll stay in europe. while he is infinitely better that fatso, i mean beno, until he is actually on the spurs roster, these little anecdotes are meaningless.

To Europe fan these thing matter to how player career be seen. Just like to Amerikan fan matter how career of NBA player look if they not win championship.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-04-2007, 08:52 PM
and i think his nickname should be Vagisilis

I thinks he prefer more his nicknames he have in Europe like V-Splinter and Kill Bill and Oracle of Delphi.

objective
10-04-2007, 09:02 PM
When is the Diamond-Man going to play in the NBA?

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-04-2007, 09:08 PM
1. Why do you call him Billy in the first place? When did he acquire an English nickname? (Just curious)

2. "Billy" needs to learn to play the point before you pencil him in as the backup point guard for the Spurs. Right now he's just a wild smallish shooting guard.

3. The majority of your "Billy" posts are so outlandish. This one is right up there.

1. He is calls Kill Bill this is his nickname all Europe. He really only calls by this name or calls "Billy" for short, friend all call "Billy". Most fan probably say look that Kill Bill and maybe not even know real name.

2. No, he is real point guard. He just can play both position whatever help team most. He is point guard though. Need ball in hand and run pick and roll. He NOT at all off ball player or shooter. He PURE point guard probable most so in Europe he just happen be player always take last shot of game so some time seem like he shoots guard but actual he point guard run picks and rolls like every play. He basic have play style like John Stocktons in half courts and Steve Nash in full courts. But he not very good 3 points shooter. He also drive and penetrate point guard he do this almost same exact like Tony Parker.

Former coach Giannakis who coach him with Amaroussion Athens Honda and on national team and who is considers best point guard even live in Europe say that Billy is best picks and rolls point guard in world. He really is point guard but since he play with Diamantides and now Saras he can moves other spots to helps them. They ones struggle moves different position not him.

Spanoulis play point guard all years be with GS Larisas AEL 1964 Vyssini and Amaroussion Athens Honda and on national team and Panathinaikos in 4th quarter he be player that always run offense not even Papaloukas. He always be run offense 4th quarter even national team just game verse US team.

He plays point guards I think first 7 year of career with GS Larisas AEL 1964 Vyssini and Amaoussion Athens Honda and then justs plays both position with PAO since also other star point guards on team and they play less good if move other spot.
In 2 years with Honda team he finish 2nd in ULEB Euroleague in point per game and assist per game.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM

They want to but Billy screws it up. He was mad so he demand to Spurs he can go back to Hellas. Deal was for Billy to stay in Texas and Beno be release. Then Olympiakos was to sign Beno. But because Billy act all mad Spurs let him return to Hellas.

Still Billy can come back once he get over bad time with Rockets. Olympiakos have been talks to Beno and agent and actual want Spurs buy him out soon for this year.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
When is the Diamond-Man going to play in the NBA?

Well he and Papaloukas were going to sign NBA contract this year. But when Spanoulis got bench all year they decide they "never" come to NBA because they afraid same thing happen to them. Many Greek fan mad at players for not trying NBA even though they get contract offer especially Papaloukas but also many Greek fan say they smart after how Spanoulis treated.

But Fotsis I think want to return NBA again. I wish Rockets not treat Spanoulis like that so Papaloukas and Diamantides would then have come to NBA. Spurs could love player like Dimitrios Dimantides. He could be replace Bowen more good than Udoka.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-04-2007, 09:29 PM

Agreed! :lol

WTF cares whether VSpan wants to come here anyway? Is he good enough that we should give a shit?

whottt
10-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Can we keep the threads about this gyro eating fuckwad confined to the NBA forum?

Thanks.

Kill Bill Pana...no one here gives a fuck about this dude and he is a joke...

I was about the only guy excited about the possiblity of signing him on this forum...and I now consider that to be one of the biggest mistakes of my posting career...

Tell that pussy to stay in Greece. If he wanted to be here...he should have been here. He insulted out team...and we want no part of him.

whottt
10-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Beno > Vaginis

whottt
10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
AJ > Vaginis

whottt
10-04-2007, 10:52 PM
In America...when a team(in this case the NBA champions) trades a Euroleague MVP and an additional promising young big, to an in-state division rival, for a player, and that player refuses to play...not only for a championship...but for revenge against the team that publicly humiliated him...

He is the biggest pussy in history...

Thanks, but no thanks....

xmas1997
10-04-2007, 11:39 PM

If this is true, then this is good news for the Spurs.
Regardless of what many posters on this site say, he is a damn good player!
I'm glad to hear it.

timvp
10-05-2007, 12:56 AM
I was about the only guy excited about the possiblity of signing him on this forum...and I now consider that to be one of the biggest mistakes of my posting career...Don't worry, it didn't crack the top 25 :)

Seriously though, Vagisil is a tempting player on paper. But then on the court, you realize he's a worse version of Beno. At least Beno isn't scared of the NBA ... he's just fat, lazy and doesn't care about improving. But you can overcome those three obstacles before you conquer fear.

whottt
10-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Rashhedocisco Elsonesturkoglueroivch > Vaginis

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 02:53 AM
Panathinaikos not Olympiakos. Two different team both play in Athens. Panathinaikos best team in Europe and Olympiakos third best team in Europe.A team ending in "kos."

Why doesn't he just wait until the Greek team is in the NBA?

Indazone
10-05-2007, 10:03 AM
lotta playa hatas here. Oh well, I guess I can see why after the trade with the Rockets where we got Scola for....absolutely nothing!!! ROFL

hater
10-05-2007, 10:09 AM
fuck that mofo. who he think he is? he is just an average player at best in NBA. fuck him

mountainballer
10-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Olympiakos third best team in Europe.

that's news to the world and probably the biggest blah of all you wrote.
Olympiakos hasn't won anything the last 10 years and this won't change just because they buy a whole new team every year, without any concept.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm glad this guy didn't sign; these Greeks are bigger homers than the Argentinians.

KEDA
10-05-2007, 11:03 AM
With all this "Billy" talk, I thought I was going to have to go out there and replace Beno!

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-05-2007, 11:55 AM
In America...when a team(in this case the NBA champions) trades a Euroleague MVP and an additional promising young big, to an in-state division rival, for a player, and that player refuses to play...not only for a championship...but for revenge against the team that publicly humiliated him...

He is the biggest pussy in history...

Thanks, but no thanks....

Scola never be Euroleague MVP. He two time MVP of Spanish league only.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-05-2007, 11:59 AM
that's news to the world and probably the biggest blah of all you wrote.
Olympiakos hasn't won anything the last 10 years and this won't change just because they buy a whole new team every year, without any concept.

Look at roosters right now best rooster in Euroleague is Panathinaikos, next best is CSKA Moscow, next best is Olympiakos.

So by how you argues this mean Suns, Rockets, Mavericks none of the teams be top NBA team because have not won championships last 10 year?

ashbeeigh
10-05-2007, 12:18 PM
With all this "Billy" talk, I thought I was going to have to go out there and replace Beno!

I lol'd. Thanks, Billy.

Indazone
10-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Ahh some homers are good. Ya'll need to draft some Russians now to fill out your roster. Like AK-47. LOL :toast

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-05-2007, 05:21 PM
A team ending in "kos."

Why doesn't he just wait until the Greek team is in the NBA?

These helps you figure out difference of team this most important A1 Ethniki ESAKE team in Hellas.

KAE Panathinaikos Athens (Spanoulis team)

http://www.paobc.gr/

English

http://www.paobc.gr/en/index.asp

Olympiakos Piraeus Athens

English

http://en.olympiakos.gr/sports.aspx?pageType=basketball

KAE Aris Thessaloniki

http://www.arisbc.gr/

English

http://www.arisbc.gr/index.php?SCREEN=main&LangID=2

PAOK Thessaloniki

http://www.paokbc.gr/index2.htm

AEK Athens

http://www.aekbc.gr/

Maroussi Honda Athens (Spanoulis second team)

http://www.maroussibasket.gr/

Panionios Athens

http://www.panioniosbc.gr/index.asp?a_id=86

Panellinios

http://www.panellinios-ac.gr/

English

http://www.panellinios-ac.gr/en/pgs_home.asp

AEP Olympias Patras

http://www.olympiasclub.org/

Olympia Larissa

http://www.olympiabc.gr/

AEL 1964 Larissa (Spanoulis first team)

http://www.aelbc.gr/index.asp

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-05-2007, 05:31 PM
And this be ESAKE site

http://www.esake.gr/

Indazone
10-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks Billy, that's some work you put in digging up those sites. Will Jake Tsakalidis be starting for Olympiakos? This is actually very similar to the poster named Pruyuen posting everything there is about Yao's summer activities over on Clutch. Some people don't like it but I appreciate anyone's hard work. It would mean more if he was on the Spurs or we knew for sure he was actually coming here.

I have an unrelated question, about Ginobili, doesn't he have a fan site or something? Where are the Argentinian Homers?

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks Billy, that's some work you put in digging up those sites. Will Jake Tsakalidis be starting for Olympiakos? This is actually very similar to the poster named Pruyuen posting everything there is about Yao's summer activities over on Clutch. Some people don't like it but I appreciate anyone's hard work. It would mean more if he was on the Spurs or we knew for sure he was actually coming here.

I have an unrelated question, about Ginobili, doesn't he have a fan site or something? Where are the Argentinian Homers?

Maybe not sure they has 4 good center Boruoussis backs up from Hellas national team and Sofoklis and Tsakalidis and also they has Loukas Mavrokefalidis who draft pick of Timberwolves! But Sofo not plays until he get weight down coach say 400 pound to much he need get down more say like 330 pound. All 4 these center can play NBA but I see Rocket fan say all Greece player "trash"

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-05-2007, 06:36 PM

They all mad Spur trade Scola.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 06:41 PM
These helps you figure out difference of team this most important A1 Ethniki ESAKE team in Hellas.They all look the same to me. If I cared i would just look them up on eurobasket.com -- they talk American.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-05-2007, 06:48 PM
They all look the same to me. If I cared i would just look them up on eurobasket.com -- they talk American.

You not see what language this be?

http://www.paobc.gr/en/index.asp

or this

http://en.olympiakos.gr/sports.aspx?pageType=basketball

you wants "talks" about Olympiakos and Panathinaikos in "English" and not even see they have website in English?!?

Also friend tell me no such language be calls "Amerikan".

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 06:53 PM
You not see what language this be?Don't need to. I said "If I cared."
Also friend tell me no such language be calls "Amerikan".It's a joke. The Americans get it. That's my target audience.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Don't need to. I said "If I cared." It's a joke. The Americans get it. That's my target audience.

Why Amerikan spells it American?

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey, where's that NBA announcement about the approved expansion into Europe?

How about the ESPN article?

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Why Amerikan spells it American?Why do we drink beer cold?

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey, where's that NBA announcement about the approved expansion into Europe?

How about the ESPN article?

Maybe you needs ask Stern.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Maybe you needs ask Stern.I'm asking you.

Obstructed_View
10-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Why Amerikan spells it American?
Ask the roosters.

Indazone
10-05-2007, 07:33 PM
America is actually named after Amerigo Vespucci the Italian navigator credited for discovering the New World. Well actually now there are claims that the Vikings landed here before Amerigo and also claims that the Chinese landed here first too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerigo_Vespucci
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=907602
http://www.geocities.com/athens/troy/1344/vikings.html

Amerika is the Greek spelling. America is the USA spelling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerika_(disambiguation)

Simple as that.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 07:55 PM
So we're both wrong.

Ameriga.

AceProfits
10-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Can we keep the threads about this gyro eating fuckwad confined to the NBA forum?

Thanks.

Kill Bill Pana...no one here gives a fuck about this dude and he is a joke...

I was about the only guy excited about the possiblity of signing him on this forum...and I now consider that to be one of the biggest mistakes of my posting career...

Tell that pussy to stay in Greece. If he wanted to be here...he should have been here. He insulted out team...and we want no part of him.

Why don't you keep the racist comments down a bit my man. If you are going to pick on a country you picked the wrong one in my Greece. We did bring philosophy, democracy, art, theater, etc.. to this worls you live in.
By the way what was that abuse we laid on the americans in that game when we eliminated them....
:::DUH:::: :::DUHHH::: Pick and roll. pick and roll.. pick and roll..
stupid americans..

whottt
10-06-2007, 01:26 AM
How in the hell is trashing Europeans racist?

nfg3
10-06-2007, 12:33 PM
The saga continues. What a waste of time. But it's the off season and we need something to talk about since it is so boring waiting for the season to get underway. There have been so many rumors/stories/what ifs about this dude that I've lost track. Frankly who cares? If he comes then we have something that will have an impact on the Spurs. And his chances of getting the triple? If he doesn't he'll stay until he does?

Let me know when he comes to town. SMRattler can all tell us the date and we'll be at the airport greeting our new savior.

Indazone
10-06-2007, 02:41 PM
They will be for sure in San Antonio on the 12th cause their game is with the Spurs on the 13th. Houston on the 11th so I would say that they will be in Houston on the 10th and then perhaps a bus ride over to San Antonio? Maybe they'll fly I don't know.

Mister Sinister
10-06-2007, 02:42 PM
They will be for sure in San Antonio on the 12th cause their game is with the Spurs on the 13th. Houston on the 11th so I would say that they will be in Houston on the 10th and then perhaps a bus ride over to San Antonio? Maybe they'll fly I don't know.
How'd you find this out? Did you talk to Billy?

Indazone
10-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Common Sense my friend

Obstructed_View
10-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Why don't you keep the racist comments down a bit my man. If you are going to pick on a country you picked the wrong one in my Greece. We did bring philosophy, democracy, art, theater, etc.. to this worls you live in.
By the way what was that abuse we laid on the americans in that game when we eliminated them....
:::DUH:::: :::DUHHH::: Pick and roll. pick and roll.. pick and roll..
stupid americans..
Greeks are a race? Stupid GEF.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Spanoulis be given control of all Panathinaikos offense and is first option and is given control of run whole team and decide everythings at point guards.

Diamantidis and Saras have become role player to plays off his run team at point guard.

So far in A1 league Spanoulis have 6.5 FIBA assist each game in 25.5 minute each game and 8.5 NBA assist each game in 25.5 minute each game.

You have count different because FIBA assist not count if heading away from goal or if player make move before score.

But by NBA assist he have 8.5 assist per game in 25.5 minute per game. This mean he have 13.3 assist per 40 minute average!!!

And this with Diamantidis and Saras both on his same team!

Also because Spanoulis defense >>>>>>>>>>>> Scola defense and Spanoulis able play both guard spot and specialty is 6 man!. He want Spurs want backs up Manu and Parker. This trade look ridiculous when Spanoulis return to Spurs.

Also knows that Greece national team coach and also Spanoulis coach when he play point guard for Maroussi in Greece also this coach Giannakis who also was top 2 point guard probable in Europe history...........

Coach Giannakis have say before Spanoulis best point guard come in Europe better than Parker. It say in Greece that Popovich have ask for Spanoulis meet when Panathinaikos to come play against Spurs but he injures so he have to stay for treatments at Athens.

But coach Popovich have been talks with Parker and Lindsey who know Spanoulis game and he also have been watch Spanoulis tape and he have call Greece and ask coach Giannakis to come to San Antonio and discuss matter during summer.

Thing like how to implements pick and roll that Greece use which is design for Spanoulis and to talk about Spanoulis! Popovich plan to add play to Spurs and let Spanoulis run it this he want to discuss with coach Giannakis this summer!

Also Spurs want makes agreement with Greece national team coach Giannakis and Panathinaikos onwers and coach of team Obradovic for have them develop players for Spurs and also interest negotiatie thing like Spanoulis and Diamantidis and Papaloukas type player join Spurs! For Greece Spurs agree if get such player they will play not ride bench and this help Greece team for more experience for international matches.

Spurs wants Spanoulis for backup point guard. They also interest in discuss with Giannakis about what player like Papaloukas and Diamantidis for backup wing player is capable of.

timvp
10-28-2007, 10:12 AM
I take it he's not "injured" anymore.

picnroll
10-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Kill Bill you're giving me a headache.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I take it he's not "injured" anymore.

He still have the BF same thing Tim Duncan have play with all year before it just not ruptures right now after some rest.

But basic thing is Coach Giannakis and Coach Popovich to discuss pick and roll and Spanoulis as Spurs point guard this summer!

Streakyshooter08
10-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Very interesting. I don't know if I understood the post completely but does that mean that Spanoulis is still interested in playing for the Spurs? I thought he signed a multi- year contract with Panathinaikos?! I still think he could be a decent NBA player. We'll see what happens.

wildbill2u
10-28-2007, 10:35 AM
did the Spurs give up rights to Spanoulis when he left for the Greek team? His attitude toward playing in the NBA was cultured by the treatment he got from Jeff Van Gundy as most people in Houston know. Although I'm sure his concern about his mother played a part.

Who knows? The guy might come back and earn a spot.

timvp
10-28-2007, 10:38 AM
He still have the BFI noticed.

Mister Sinister
10-28-2007, 10:40 AM
^ I see what you did there.

Bruno
10-28-2007, 10:41 AM
So far in A1 league Spanoulis have 6.5 FIBA assist each game in 25.5 minute each game and 8.5 NBA assist each game in 25.5 minute each game.

You have count different because FIBA assist not count if heading away from goal or if player make move before score.

But by NBA assist he have 8.5 assist per game in 25.5 minute per game. This mean he have 13.3 assist per 40 minute average!!!

Great stats but it's only based on 2 games.
Let's wait more games before drawing conclusions.

Also Spurs want makes agreement with Greece national team coach Giannakis and Panathinaikos onwers and coach of team Obradovic for have them develop players for Spurs and also interest negotiatie thing like Spanoulis and Diamantidis and Papaloukas type player join Spurs!

I can see Spurs being interested in these players (even if I think that Spanoulis is way more interesting than Diamantidis or Papaloukas) but you have too the financial aspect.
Spurs will have to give something like $5M per year to Papaloukas and about $3M per year to Spanoulis and Diamanditis to match their European salary. I highly doubt Spurs are ready to give that much to them. If they want to play in SA, they will have to take a paycut.

picnroll
10-28-2007, 10:45 AM
$3 million for a combo guard, if that's what Spanoulis is, who can be in the rotation, if Spanoulis could, is not a bad deal, particularly if the combo gurad is weighted toward PG skills, if Sapnoulis is.

Mr. Body
10-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Who's Spanoulis's boyfriend? What?

Kori Ellis
10-28-2007, 10:49 AM
He still have the BF same thing Tim Duncan have play with all year before it just not ruptures right now after some rest.

I thought "Billy" had a calf injury. Duncan had Plantar Fasciitis, which is in the bottom of your foot - not your calf.

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2007, 11:04 AM
hey at least his better then beno

but then again 3-5m for a player to come off the bench unproven in tha nba? gtfo

spurs can afford it since, guys like brent, finley, horry are earning around there...sooner or later those guys will be off the books...

Thompson
10-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Wait... are they talking about bringing him over this summer, or next summer? So he went over there only to change his mind again? Will the Greek team turn around and let him out of his contract 2 months after signing it?

And who's this Papaloukas guy? Is he any good?

whottt
10-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Wait... are they talking about bringing him over this summer, or next summer? So he went over there only to change his mind again?

I wouldn't say he changed his mind...he just said he needed to be over there this season.

Will the Greek team turn around and let him out of his contract 2 months after signing it?

He has some kind of buyout clause for next season I'm assuming.

He's not coming over here this season....if he comes it'll be next season.

Thompson
10-28-2007, 12:21 PM
According to wikipedia (who knows how reliable it is) there is a very large buyout after the first year of his contract, around $5 million U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vassilis_Spanoulis

(1/3 of the way down the page, under "2007-2008 Season")

Unless there's some other way around this (Panathanaikos releasing him so that he gains 'international experience' for the Greek national team), I don't see the Spurs spending a ton of money to compensate him for the buyout he'll have to pay.

remingtonbo2001
10-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I remember there being an option for a buyout next season, but only for NEXT SEASON. After that, the normal penalties apply. This was the jist I got from the board.

Joe Schmoogins
10-28-2007, 12:37 PM
According to wikipedia (who knows how reliable it is) there is a very large buyout after the first year of his contract, around $5 million U.S.

Unless there's some other way around this (Panathanaikos releasing him so that he gains 'international experience' for the Greek national team), I don't see the Spurs spending a ton of money to compensate him for the buyout he'll have to pay.

I wouldnt' pay $5 mil for his buyout, but if he were cheaper I'd love to try the V-Span experiment.

whottt
10-28-2007, 12:39 PM

I agree...nor should they.

I don't know what the buyout is...and yeah, Wikipedia should be taken with a grain of salt.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I thought "Billy" had a calf injury. Duncan had Plantar Fasciitis, which is in the bottom of your foot - not your calf.

Amerikan reporter get most fact wrong. You not notice yet?

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Also Spurs want makes agreement with Greece national team coach Giannakis and Panathinaikos onwers and coach of team Obradovic for have them develop players for Spurs and also interest negotiatie thing like Spanoulis and Diamantidis and Papaloukas type player join Spurs! For Greece Spurs agree if get such player they will play not ride bench and this help Greece team for more experience for international matches.The Spurs don't guarantee minutes to anybody.

Scola Trade
10-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Darius Wash > Spanoulis

Kori Ellis
10-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Amerikan reporter get most fact wrong. You not notice yet?

You do know that I am one of those "Amerikan" reporters you hate so much, right?

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Amerikan reporter get most fact wrong. You not notice yet?That was from the Euroleague site. If he has PF, it's going to bother him for months to come.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Way Billy tell me he sign €5,000,000 and Spurs has to pay him $1,166,400 of $1,944,000 for buyout.

Spurs wants Spanoulis to stay but his mother need help so he have to leave so Spurs wants Panathinaikos pay for $1,166,400 buyout which they do.

So Panathinaikos owner ask Billy take less money and he agree.
So Billy sign for €4,500,000 for 3 year plus get keep $1,166,400 buyout which Greek team end up paying Spurs owner for.

So Billy salary equal $2,250,000 in US money. But this only because he take less money as favor after owner pay buyout.

Normal ask price for him be €1,700,000 which be about $2,500,000 in the US money.

Pluses also Greek team pay €70,000 for car allowance and €130,000 each year for house allowance. So total salary be €1,900,000 which be about $2,850,000.

Also in Greece team salary be net salary so this mean Greece team also pay 40% for tax so they pay 40% of €1,900,000 salary and adds to salary so €2,660,000 be salary equal for NBA which be about $3,990,000 US for NBA salary.

So for Billy real salary price €1,700,000 plus €200,000 for car and house plus €760,0000 for 40% tax pays that mean Spurs has to pay €2,660,000 or $3,990,000 per year for same salary.

So NBA value be 3 years contract for $12,000,000.

But Billy have say before that to me that if actual get coach play him instead of bench him and only with team such as Spurs which best team of NBA then he willing take half MLE for next season which be $2,750,000 and take NBA raise so come to $9 million for 3 years.

He willing take $3 million less than earn in Greece ONLY be play like 20 minute no less for great team like Spurs backs up Parker and Manu.

So Spanoulis same NBA salary be 3 years $12 million but willing to make allowance of 3 years $9 million for only Popovich.

Diamantidis make same salary as Spanoulis so ask price be 3 years $12 million he NOT willing take less. This ask price if he choose NBA.

Papaloukas salary equal €3,500,000 with salary, car, house, and tax so team need pay $5,250,000 a year to get him. He NOT take less if choose join NBA.

Papaloukas say he only interest in Spurs and Celtics if go NBA. Diamantidis only consider Spurs no other team but prefer stay with Panathinaikos. Spanoulis play only for Panathinaikos or Spurs.

So cost for player be

Spanoulis 3 year $12 million but accept 3 year $9 million only for Spurs and if get 20 minute as main backup guard.

Diamantidis 3 year $12 million but mainly want to stay in Greece.

Papaloukas 3 year $15,750,000

Spanoulis much younger player he 25, Diamantidis 27, Papaloukas 30. All player contract expire in 2010 but all have buyout option.

Spurs interest Papaloukas replace player like Barry and Finley. Interest Diamantidis replace player like Bowen when Bowen to old.

Want Spanoulis be first guard off bench.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 12:36 PM
That was from the Euroleague site. If he has PF, it's going to bother him for months to come.

Euroleague site report in ENGLISH from Amerikan.

Here English copy of ACTUAL report from HELLAS

http://www.paobc.gr/en/news.asp?news_id=750

Vassilis Spanoulis begins therapy
2/10/2007

Vassilis Spanoulis underwent an MRI and visited Panathinaikos doctor, Thanassis Konidis, for a medical exam. The diagnosis is «left foot BF rupture» which means that the international guard will miss the trip to the US next week and is expected to abstain from any physical activity for two weeks. Spanoulis has already started therapy suggested by Mr. Konidis and will be reexamined at the end of the week. *PAO is already in Lemessos in order to take part in the local tournament hosted by AELemessos, which are the first opponents of the European Champions tomorrow evening (17.00, live on cable).

Yes he have this injury all last year to. Like say Amerikan reporter get most fact wrong.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 12:37 PM
The Spurs don't guarantee minutes to anybody.

Guess this why Duncan not go Orlando???

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 12:37 PM
There won't be any guarantees for playing time or position off the bench. If that is the most important thing to them they will never be Spurs, nor should they be.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Guess this why Duncan not go Orlando???Wrong again. Guys like Duncan are good enough that their playing time is a given no matter where they play. Only insecure guys have to try to make teams agree to it.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Wrong again. Guys like Duncan are good enough that their playing time is a given no matter where they play. Only insecure guys have to try to make teams agree to it.

You must have read problem. Coach Popovich OFFER this to Spanoulis. He not ask for anything. He not even discuss with Popovich.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Wait... are they talking about bringing him over this summer, or next summer? So he went over there only to change his mind again? Will the Greek team turn around and let him out of his contract 2 months after signing it?

And who's this Papaloukas guy? Is he any good?

http://papaloukas.net/site.asp?BW=2

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
You must have read problem. Coach Popovich OFFER this to Spanoulis. He not ask for anything. He not even discuss with Popovich.Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. He made offered Manu a starting job too.

Kori Ellis
10-29-2007, 12:50 PM
You must have read problem. Coach Popovich OFFER this to Spanoulis. He not ask for anything. He not even discuss with Popovich.

:lol Pop would never offer anyone guaranteed playing time. :lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
I remember there being an option for a buyout next season, but only for NEXT SEASON. After that, the normal penalties apply. This was the jist I got from the board.

He have take less money because team pay Spurs buyout so buyout number drop plus he have player opt out clause after this year because agent and him know Spurs wants him and he have chance mother be in better health after year. So he have.

2007-2008 no player option and $6,750,000 buyout

2008-2009 PLAYER OPTION buyout = $4,500,000 if choose NOT opt out of contract

2009-2010 no player option and $2,250,000 buyout

Main thing for Billy to opt out is mom must have good health and he must win triple crown championship this year with Panathinaikos as he make this personal goal for Greek career. If things happen can discuss opt out with Spurs.

wikipedia not be updated on buyout look like since several month before.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 01:01 PM
:lol Pop would never offer anyone guaranteed playing time. :lol

What wrong with here?

Where I say he offer guarantee play time??? Some other poster here say that.

I NEVER say anything about "guarantee" play time.

I say he offer backup role like 20 minute from Popovich. Never say "guarantee" that made up word from other poster here.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Euroleague site report in ENGLISH from Amerikan.

Here English copy of ACTUAL report from HELLAS

http://www.paobc.gr/en/news.asp?news_id=750

Vassilis Spanoulis begins therapy
2/10/2007

Vassilis Spanoulis underwent an MRI and visited Panathinaikos doctor, Thanassis Konidis, for a medical exam. The diagnosis is «left foot BF rupture» which means that the international guard will miss the trip to the US next week and is expected to abstain from any physical activity for two weeks. Spanoulis has already started therapy suggested by Mr. Konidis and will be reexamined at the end of the week. *PAO is already in Lemessos in order to take part in the local tournament hosted by AELemessos, which are the first opponents of the European Champions tomorrow evening (17.00, live on cable).

Yes he have this injury all last year to. Like say Amerikan reporter get most fact wrong.
What is a BF?

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
What is a BF?

Same thing as PF just translation issue. It same exact injury Duncan have before. Spanoulis play last year in NBA and also at Eurobasket with it but final it get to bad to play with so need like month rest.

I keep try explain Amerikans most all report from Amerikans on foreign player either wrong or complete lie or just real bad translation.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Same thing as PF just translation issue. It same exact injury Duncan have before. Spanoulis play last year in NBA and also at Eurobasket with it but final it get to bad to play with so need like month rest.Rest doesn't help it heal.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
There won't be any guarantees for playing time or position off the bench. If that is the most important thing to them they will never be Spurs, nor should they be.

Where do you get word "guarantee" STOP make up thing Greek never say. This main reason Houston fan all turn on Spanoulis by believe thing made up by Van Gundy that never say by Spanoulis.

Popovich have offer him backup guard role and play would be available like 20 minute. How you be allow make LIE claim that some say "he promise play time"?

Amerikan have such bad manner.

Spanoulis not have guarantee of play time with Panathinaikos why he get guarantee with Spurs???

It Rocket Gm Dawson that was lies to him about play time.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Also Spurs want makes agreement with Greece national team coach Giannakis and Panathinaikos onwers and coach of team Obradovic for have them develop players for Spurs and also interest negotiatie thing like Spanoulis and Diamantidis and Papaloukas type player join Spurs! For Greece Spurs agree if get such player they will play not ride bench and this help Greece team for more experience for international matches.:rolleyes

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Rest doesn't help it heal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

Treatment

Many different treatments have been effective, and although it typically takes six to eighteen months to find a favorable resolution,[2] plantar fasciitis has a generally good long-term prognosis. The mainstays of treatment are stretching the Achilles tendon and plantar fascia, resting, keeping off the foot as much as possible, discontinuing aggravating activity,

Why kori keep let you get away post such trashes?

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 01:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

Treatment

Many different treatments have been effective, and although it typically takes six to eighteen months to find a favorable resolution,[2] plantar fasciitis has a generally good long-term prognosis. The mainstays of treatment are stretching the Achilles tendon and plantar fascia, resting, keeping off the foot as much as possible, discontinuing aggravating activity,

Why kori keep let you get away post such trashes?Duncan played through it, and it got better during the playoffs.

I guess he's just tougher than Greek players.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 01:24 PM

Are you not able reads?

Where it say ANYTHING about GUARANTEE play time?

You must be poor school attend. Spurs would bring player to be rotation player NOT ride bench all year. Player understand being offer chance as rotation player not just garbage throw away to never play.

This = "guarantee play time" to you must make you some weird reading problem.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Duncan played through it, and it got better during the playoffs.

I guess he's just tougher than Greek players.

Guess reason it never go away until off season because he never rest it. Guess you not very smart.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Are you not able reads?

Where it say ANYTHING about GUARANTEE play time?

You must be poor school attend. Spurs would bring player to be rotation player NOT ride bench all year. Player understand being offer chance as rotation player not just garbage throw away to never play.

This = "guarantee play time" to you must make you some weird reading problem.If the Spurs agree to have a player not ride the bench, then the Spurs are guaranteeing playing time.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Guess reason it never go away until off season because he never rest it. Guess you not very smart.It went away while he was playing. Guess you are not very smart.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 01:36 PM
If the Spurs agree to have a player not ride the bench, then the Spurs are guaranteeing playing time.

I give one more chance then ask Kori make you stop with such lies.

They give gurantee of OFFER to players to get play time not guarantee of play time. YOU MUST BE VERY UNEDUCATE.

Players not have guarantee play time on current teams in Europe.

Spanoulis only get more minute than Saras because he outplay him in practice owner even say guards be bench with maybe 5 minute a game if not out play other. Vujanic be starting point guard on most top 8 Euroleage team probable and he get like 5-10 minute a game.

Saras get like 20 minute a game because Spanoulis and Diamantidis outplay him so far in practice.

You think player ask for guarantee play time? You crazy they ask for guarantee for fair chance. That why Spanoulis so mad at Rocket GM lie to him.

First he lie about guarantee play time of 10 minute and also say you actual get 20-25 minute. Then Spanoulis find out this lie and coach act like he not know about it even though he tell Spanoulis same thing on phone.

Then Spanoulis outplay Lucas and Head all practice and almost all practice Alston and just throw away bench because coach mad that Spanoulis "complain to press"

Spanoulis say 'I T-Mac of Greece' but Spanoulis NEVER say that Van Gundy make it up then go on radio and make fun of him and his accent.

Spanoulis get mad and angry and complain to Gm about this and coach then say "see now doghouse like Bonzi all player complain go doghouse for me"

Greek player want assurance and promise this type treatment NOT happen this be guarantee of fair chance for offer of play time NOT guarantee play time.

STOP act like stupid person, Greek basketball leaders are very angry with what Van Gundy do to Spanoulis and how he act and make up lie to press and so many thing like this that NEVER be allow in Greece. In Greece coach be suspended if do such thing as make up lie and say player do and say thing not actual happen.

They want make sure agreement with Popovich such thing not happen by Spurs team.

STOP making up lie "ask for play time guarantee" just make Greek look bad or just so can make fun of.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 01:37 PM
It went away while he was playing. Guess you are not very smart.

Kori I provide two link prove what I say and prove he lie.

I be patient and nothing to stop his lie. I ask you explain him stop nonsenses.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 01:41 PM
They give gurantee of OFFER to players to get play time not guarantee of play time.:lmao :lmao :lmao

Look, you have bitched for months that the Rockets broke their guarantee of playing time to Spamoliosis -- now you are trying to claim that Greek players never get or want guarantees of playing time -- just guarantees of offers of playing time.

Priceless.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm not lying when I say Duncan played through his PF and it got better.

A lie would be saying something like the deal for NBA expansion into Europe has been completed.

Summers
10-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Amerikan have such bad manner.

You know what's bad manners? Coming in here with your shitty English that we can't understand and instead of clarifying when we tell you we don't understand, you tell us we're rude, stupid, and uneducated.

And by the way, we spell it "American".

Now then, in your first post, you implied that Pop told the Greek team Spanoulis wouldn't "ride the bench". What we're trying to tell you is we find it very hard to believe Pop would ever make such a promise to anybody. Instead of being a jerk, you could've simply clarified your statement and said, "Pop suggested there isa good chance Spanoulis will likely be an important back up point guard and probably play about 20 minutes a game barring doing something stupid and getting his ass benched..." Wouldn't that have been better, Mr Good Manners??

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 01:48 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Look, you have bitched for months that the Rockets broke their guarantee of playing time to Spamoliosis -- now you are trying to claim that Greek players never get or want guarantees of playing time -- just guarantees of offers of playing time.

Priceless.

You make me VERY angry. I say ONLY Rocket Gm Dawson is one who made lie about guarantee play time. Spanoulis know now it just lie to trick him to sign.

Spanoulis know now there is no thing of NBA just like no such thing in Greece.

You understand ANYTHING?

Greek player lied to over and over by GM. Greek player over and over accuse of thing say and do he never say and do by coach.

Greek basketball leader now realize NBA not have any rule at all control such lies of GM and coaches so they DO NOT TRUST NBA NOW!

So before ANY discussion with NBA must have on record discussion with Popovich.

Get your stupid lies about Popovich promise play time away from me.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 01:58 PM
You know what's bad manners? Coming in here with your shitty English that we can't understand and instead of clarifying when we tell you we don't understand, you tell us we're rude, stupid, and uneducated.

And by the way, we spell it "American".

Now then, in your first post, you implied that Pop told the Greek team Spanoulis wouldn't "ride the bench". What we're trying to tell you is we find it very hard to believe Pop would ever make such a promise to anybody. Instead of being a jerk, you could've simply clarified your statement and said, "Pop suggested there isa good chance Spanoulis will likely be an important back up point guard and probably play about 20 minutes a game barring doing something stupid and getting his ass benched..." Wouldn't that have been better, Mr Good Manners??

He act VERY rude. He keep making up lie on purpose and think it funny.

And I say over and over what problem is.

Greek people not some idiots.

Greek basketball leaders are very mad at what Dawson and Van Gundy do.

Dawson lie about play time be guaranteed and then tell Spanoulis there is no such thing but lie to him to trick him to sign contract.

Van Gundy say same lie over phone then say he never say such thing.

Van Gundy lie to press about Spanoulis say "I am T-Mac of Greece" and go on radio and say it and laugh then make fun of his accent.

This made Spanoulis mad and hurt his feelings and he did not understand coach act this way toward player. He never have such coach act in such way ever. This never go on in Greece. He tell Rocket GM Dawson he mad about this and mad that reporters kept saying he said this but even though this never happen.

He ask Dawson talk to Van Gundy about this and tell reporter truth. Billy see many fans make fun of him for this and he hurt.

Dawson tell Van Gundy about it and explain he also upset by type of behavior by coach and owner to. Van Gundy then bench Billy all year and say "see doggie house to you just like Bonzi who also complain"

All player complain or question him go doggie house forever.

After this all happen Greek basketball leader decide if ANY NBA team have interest in player coach Giannakis will have meeting personal with representer of team.

Spurs want Spanoulis after trade and Popovich NOT allow talk to Spanoulis. This rule because of what Dawson and Van Gundy do.

Spurs told can only talk to agent or Panathinaikos owners.

Also if Spurs have interest in other Greek player like Diamantidis or Papaloukas first must talk with coacg Giannakis and everything must be approve first by Greek basketball leaders.

You must be crazy if not realize Argentina and China already have such agreemtents and rules.

Greece not have these because not realize how NBA act and have no rule for GM and coach to follow.

Now Greece have same rules just like China and Argentina.

You act like this mean "promise play time" make you seem very foolish.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 01:59 PM
So before ANY discussion with NBA must have on record discussion with Popovich.Why? What would that accomplish? He won't guarantee anything to anybody.

Get your stupid lies about Popovich promise play time away from me.Get your stupid lies about the NBA expansion into Europe away from me.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Why? What would that accomplish? He won't guarantee anything to anybody.

Get your stupid lies about the NBA expansion into Europe away from me.

See he again make up lie about promise play time.

Also lie about european expansion. Like I say many time I post ONLY what Athens media report and gave links for posters here.
I NEVER say anyting just post links and give infos about reports.

This member chump keep make up lie that I make claim. I not make claim Athens reporters say so and I give links to this.

If he think this lie why Kori not ask him yet to email Athens reportes about it? Why Kori still let him keep accuse me of do something I never do?

picnroll
10-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Van Gundy really said "doggie house"?

Summers
10-29-2007, 02:07 PM
He act VERY rude. He keep making up lie on purpose and think it funny.

And I say over and over what problem is.

Greek people not some idiots.

Greek basketball leaders are very mad at what Dawson and Van Gundy do.

Dawson lie about play time be guaranteed and then tell Spanoulis there is no such thing but lie to him to trick him to sign contract.

Van Gundy say same lie over phone then say he never say such thing.

Van Gundy lie to press about Spanoulis say "I am T-Mac of Greece" and go on radio and say it and laugh then make fun of his accent.

This made Spanoulis mad and hurt his feelings and he did not understand coach act this way toward player. He never have such coach act in such way ever. This never go on in Greece. He tell Rocket GM Dawson he mad about this and mad that reporters kept saying he said this but even though this never happen.

He ask Dawson talk to Van Gundy about this and tell reporter truth. Billy see many fans make fun of him for this and he hurt.

Dawson tell Van Gundy about it and explain he also upset by type of behavior by coach and owner to. Van Gundy then bench Billy all year and say "see doggie house to you just like Bonzi who also complain"

All player complain or question him go doggie house forever.

After this all happen Greek basketball leader decide if ANY NBA team have interest in player coach Giannakis will have meeting personal with representer of team.

Spurs want Spanoulis after trade and Popovich NOT allow talk to Spanoulis. This rule because of what Dawson and Van Gundy do.

Spurs told can only talk to agent or Panathinaikos owners.

Also if Spurs have interest in other Greek player like Diamantidis or Papaloukas first must talk with coacg Giannakis and everything must be approve first by Greek basketball leaders.

You must be crazy if not realize Argentina and China already have such agreemtents and rules.

Greece not have these because not realize how NBA act and have no rule for GM and coach to follow.

Now Greece have same rules just like China and Argentina.

You act like this mean "promise play time" make you seem very foolish.

Some people are just rude. Welcome to the world wide web. That doesn't mean you have to be an ass to the rest of us. Nobody said you're stupid because you're Greek. :rolleyes Don't take it personally if we don't understand you or if we disagree. We're just having a lively discussion.

Again, from what you wrote it sounds like you said Pop promised play time. It doesn't make us "foolish" if that's what it sounds like. I applaud you for trying to give us this info despite the language barrier. It must be frustrating to be misunderstood; but that's all it is. Don't take it personally and don't be rude to us when we don't understand.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
See he again make up lie about promise play time.I said Pop would never guarantee anything, so there is really no reason to talk to him before signing. This is not a lie.

Also lie about european expansion. Like I say many time I post ONLY what Athens media report and gave links for posters here.
I NEVER say anyting just post links and give infos about reports.The report was a lie and you spend weeks saying it was true and disparang Ameriga, the Amerigan media and Amerigan message boards.

This member chump keep make up lie that I make claim. I not make claim Athens reporters say so and I give links to this.

If he think this lie why Kori not ask him yet to email Athens reportes about it? Why Kori still let him keep accuse me of do something I never do?Because she's a member of the Amerigan media and she doesn't appreciate your lies about them.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Van Gundy really said "doggie house"?

Yes Billy tell me many time. He actual use words doggie house to him and Bonzi and Snyder and also threaten other player with this if question him. Mutombo get mad about play time and get doggie house at end of playoff series.

nkdlunch
10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
LOL this thread is hilarious

picnroll
10-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Yes Billy tell me many time. He actual use words doggie house to him and Bonzi and Snyder and also threaten other player with this if question him. Mutombo get mad about play time and get doggie house at end of playoff series.
Cheer up then. At least he didn't send him to the puppy house.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Some people are just rude. Welcome to the world wide web. That doesn't mean you have to be an ass to the rest of us. Nobody said you're stupid because you're Greek. :rolleyes Don't take it personally if we don't understand you or if we disagree. We're just having a lively discussion.

Again, from what you wrote it sounds like you said Pop promised play time. It doesn't make us "foolish" if that's what it sounds like. I applaud you for trying to give us this info despite the language barrier. It must be frustrating to be misunderstood; but that's all it is. Don't take it personally and don't be rude to us when we don't understand.

Ok I try explain better. But chumpdumper try make me look like liar on purpose.

here I try

The Greek basketball leaders want help protect Greek players from such terrible behavior and lie in future.

So now they be set rules like China and Argentina have.

They not say you have to promise play time to player. They say look what Van Gundy and Dawson did to Spanoulis.

He promise play time by Dawson to trick him to sign contract and even ask van Gundy on phone and told same lies.

Then when come to US they say they never say this even though we know they did because Panathinaikos owners told same thing by Dawson.

Then Van Gundy go on Houston radio and make up lie that Spanoulis say "I am T-Mac of Greece" and start make fun of Greek accent.

Billy upset but wills to let go but then Houston reporters write this and say he do this then Houston fans start make fun of him.

Billy realize Van Gundy do some very bad things to get rid of player for personal issue so go to dawson and tell him to talk to van Gundy about such behavior. Dawson tell Billy he and Rocket owner also very mad at such antic by Van Gundy which also be lies about player like Nachbar and Bonzi and some others.

Dawson tell van Gundy to stop such things and think he can get aways with this just for Spanoulis language problem.

Van Gundy then tell Spanoulis he doggie house with Snyder and Wells because any player question his action bench forever.

Then Spanoulis outplay player like Lucas and Head all year in practice and have to listen to van Gundy make up lie as excuse when ever some person ask why he bench all year just like same lie like "Bonzi refuse to stop eat donuts" and such claims by Van Gundy.

Then Van Gundy tell all fan and reporter how Spanoulis "not try" in practice. These lies make Spanoulis so mad. Then his mom get sick and he ask for leave of team and coach refuse even though coach have him "doggie house" still cant leave team because coach decide rule for each player individual.

So many type things happen like this. So Greek basketball leaders make new rule to protect Greek players if they think about sign NBA contract.

Coach Giannakis who coach national team will represent Greek player and NBA team have to talk to him.

NBA team be told about these things and Stern be sent reports. This also new rule. From now on if such thing happen as Van Gundy do Stern would be sent reports from Greece and explain that further Greek player be blocks from NBA same type rules China have.

Popovich and Lindsey want Spanoulis so have to talk to Giannakis. Also have interest players of Papaloukas and Diamantidis. Every fan of Europe should know these top Greek players.

Popovich would be tells by Giannakis that it not accepted by Greece that player be benched because coach make up lie about something player say, tell it to press and fans and then when player complain about it coach bench player all year to be mean.

Popovich also be tells thing like it no longer be accepted that GM could make up false promise to any player to tricks him to sign and that from now on Greek basketball leaders will know about all things discussed by NBA team in tries to sign Greek player.

These rules also be put protect Greek draft picks. Because Spanoulis was draft pick he had no choice for NBA team. Greek official now realize other Greek draft pick could be treats same way.

Player like Spanoulis, Diamantidis, Papaloukas NEVER even consider NBA if such action as what Van Gundy do be allows.

From what has been talks about Popovich already assure Greek officials that Spurs NEVER ever tolerate such action by people in club. Popovich even supposed very suprised about Van Gundy and especial when Lindsey confirm to him all true.

Lindsey even confirm constant lies and fake promise to him also by Dawson and Rocket owner and also how coach Van Gundy constant make lies and accusation to press about players that made up.

Greek basketball leaders basic deciding players like Spanoulis, Diamantidis, Papaloukas be their 3 best players and these players they think ALL be good NBA players. They not think so of any other Greek player. They only trust Spurs team.

Coach Obradovic and Panathinaikos owners the Giannakopoulos brothers have also decide any deals of NBA should be just with Spurs. They say Popovich and Buford act just as Europe officials act but they say Rockets team act horrible and so rude impossible almost to even talk with them.

Spurs is ONLY team has trust of Greece now. Papaloukas been offer contract by team like Lakers, Clippers, Hawks, Heat, Celtics and turns them all down. Only consider maybe Celtics because of other players but only trust Spurs.

Spurs is ONLY team has even express disagreement with actions of Van Gundy. Other NBA teams act like coach can do whatever wants. Popovich tell Greek officials this things he do NEVER be allowd in Spurs organiozation.

Spurs is basic getting control of rights to all top Greek player if they choose NBA. Player such as Spanoulis, Diamantidis, Papaloukas so much superior player than Amerikan fan realize. But Spurs know this.

The promise be promise that if say Papaloukas join Spurs, Popovich not make up lie to press like "Paploukas say I am LeBron of Greece" then make fun of accent on radio then make up lies to reportrers he complains. Then when Papaloukas complain about coach behavior tells him "doggie house all year and bench all year"

Promise they ask for be that player be treated fair and like should be. Not for "guarantee" play time. Chumpdumper just try make me look like liar to be mean.

Also Spurs fan should know how player like Spanoulis really much better player than Udrih, Washington, Vaughn. Player like Papaloukas much better player verse like Finley and Barry.

Diamantidis can be player like Bowen only can also run offense as point guard and creates plays. he so much better than player like Udoka.

Spurs not stupid.

gus
10-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Boy you have to cool down. Argentina has nothing like you said. Pepe Sanchez and Wolkowiski had problems before Manu came. Carlos Delfino had problems in Detroit and he was Euroleague FInalist with Fortitudo Bologna in Italy.

I think Spanoulis is great. But you have to get your place by yourself. When Manu "freaking" Ginobili came to NBA he was a Super Star in Euroleague (MVP and Champion ) and had to be treated as a Rookie.

Gus

Joe Schmoogins
10-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Spurs is basic getting control of rights to all top Greek player if they choose NBA.

If what you say is true Bill, this sounds great to me.

Player like Papaloukas much better player verse like Finley and Barry.

Diamantidis can be player like Bowen only can also run offense as point guard and creates plays. he so much better than player like Udoka.

I'm not convinced about this one. I'll believe it when I see it.

Spurs not stupid.

Damn Straight.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Boy you have to cool down. Argentina has nothing like you said. Pepe Sanchez and Wolkowiski had problems before Manu came. Carlos Delfino had problems in Detroit and he was Euroleague FInalist with Fortitudo Bologna in Italy.

I think Spanoulis is great. But you have to get your place by yourself. When Manu "freaking" Ginobili came to NBA he was a Super Star in Euroleague (MVP and Champion ) and had to be treated as a Rookie.

Gus

Yes Argentina has rule. Those player NEVER have such thing happen as what Van Gundy do to Spanoulis. This not same thing as not get as much play time as want.

Also Spanoulis rookie year compare good to Manu 2nd year of Euroleague and Lindsey has say many time Spanoulis compare in talent to Manu.

Spurs knows this because of Lindsey.

hater
10-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Lindsey has say many time Spanoulis compare in talent to Manu.

and how many consecutive years has Linsey been hittin the crack pipe? :elephant

Borosai
10-29-2007, 03:37 PM
This thread has my seal of approval. Carry on.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Since Spurs get graces of Greece basketball and Papaloukas and Diamantidis would be players along with Spanoulis if decide join NBA here youtube video for Spurs fans in case these player choose come NBA.

Dimitrios Dimantidis

6-5 PG/SG/SF age 27

Greek A1 MVP 2007
Greek A1 Championship MVP 2004, 2006, 2007

Euroleague Final Four MVP 2007
Euroleague Defensive Player of Year 2005, 2006, 2007

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v_qA7bZ7wTg

Theodoros Papaloukas

6-7 PG/SG/SF age 30

Euroleague Final Four MVP 2006
Euroleague MVP 2007

FIBA International European Player of Year 2006

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lUKLDjjwo9c

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-29-2007, 04:08 PM
and how many consecutive years has Linsey been hittin the crack pipe? :elephant

You don't see any talent compare to Manu? I think Spurs lucky Lindsey pick player instead of you.

xmas1997
10-29-2007, 09:54 PM
All of this is very interesting and not at all surprising to me considering the way the Spurs do business within the guidelines of the NBA and as pioneers in the use of international stars.
And it makes more sense with the expected retooling that will most likely occur after this season.
I, for one, am glad to hear this news. CIA Pop at his best. He is probably the fairest coach in the NBA today.
And this makes next year as exciting as this year even if only VSpan plays for the Spurs. However if the Spurs can also afford the luxury of getting those other two Greeks as well, then they would be an unbelievably strong team.

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-29-2007, 10:15 PM
what would be the rox motive to trick span into contract and not play him? i dont understand, trade value based on his euro-credentials? please explain why the rox screwed him on purpose kill bill

my2sons
10-29-2007, 10:15 PM
i like these american foxes, cuz we are still two wild and crazy guys!

picnroll
10-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Have to admit it's the first time I've seen a highlight video of a player that consisted mostly of taking charges and committing hard fouls.

smrattler
10-29-2007, 10:36 PM
LOL, this thread kicks ass!

Oh man, KBP, tell me you will keep posting here at least till next summer!

JsnSA
10-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah. KBP post's are awesome. I just can't tell if he is a real poster or a mouse type persona.

Where is he posting from...IP wise?

Indazone
10-30-2007, 02:26 AM
KBP Post are great. He'd be dissed all the way back to Greece on the Rockets board though because of the "I was T-Mac back in Greece joke". However, you can't make this much stuff up. I"ve always thought that JVG was a stiffling unimaginative coach. That passing offense of his is so 1950's old school that it makes you cringe just watching it. I grew up watching Duke Basketball, Princeton, Indiana and UCLA and it was always full of motion and cutters, pick and rolls, and finding the open man. It was exciting basketball and it's the right way to play the game. Not the way JVG played the game and cracking a whip on players the whole way. This is the NBA not a JV squad in high school.

In any event, Yi Jian Lian has an agreement of playing time even though coach K has said he never offered it. Well Coach K might not have offered it but you better believe that the rest of the Bucks organization along with Senator Kohl had discussions about it. If Yi gets punked by the Bucks, it means that China will use their clout and likely ban all future Chinese players from coming over. Stern would get a copy of their complaint and then everyone from the Commishioner on down would be feeling the pressure of placating China. So yeah, that's just too much politics with the Yao and Yi deals that it makes sense that there has to be some type of reassurances in place. So what KBP says makes sense for Greek Basketball.

wildbill2u
10-30-2007, 08:31 AM
LOL, this thread kicks ass!

Oh man, KBP, tell me you will keep posting here at least till next summer!
You hang in there Kill Bill. You are taking on some of the most authoratative Spurstalk posters and not backing up an inch. A lot of us love it!

You need to ask them to respond in Greek and see how their posts translate.

And I absolutely believe that wuss, Jeff Van Gundy, used the exact words, "doggie house." :clap

BeerIsGood!
10-30-2007, 09:09 AM
This shit is great. Is this guy really Greek, or is this all a great joke? I can't tell, but the whole "Billy" thing is straight up hilarious.

Great parts are the notion that Pop guarantees playing time to an unproven guy with ZERO NBA experience. That's classic.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Well if this comparison be use both player play as rookie in ULEB Cup which if you need explanation thinks of ULEB Cup as compare to Euroleague = like eastern conference compare to western conference of NBA.

Also this NOT "Greece" this Greece team as ULEB Cup is CONTINENTAL tournament NOT domestic.

Washington never play in Euroleague unlike Spanoulis. But both plays in ULEB Cup as rookies so we can compare also because plays with similar team as be mid-levels Greek team where player be star point guard. Spanoulis with Maroussi BC and Washington with PAOK BC.

ULEB Cup Darius Washington with PAOK BC

20.7 minutes per game

45.3% shooting overall
47.1% 3 point shooting
75% FT shooting

10.6 points per game

2.3 rebounds per game

1.6 FIBA assists per game

or

2.1 NBA assists per game

1.9 steals per game
.3 blocks per game

Team make it to Final 8

Washington play as 6 man and rookie, NOT voted Rookie of Year or 6 Man of Year.

ULEB Cup Vassilis Spanoulis with Maroussi BC

26.6 minutes per game

47.2% shooting overall
40.0% 3 point shooting
81.6% FT shooting

15.2 points per game

1.8 rebounds per game

3.8 FIBA assists per game

or

5.0 NBA assists per game

1.0 steals per game
0.0 blocks per game

Team make it to FINAL FOUR

Spanoulis play as 6 man and rookie, and he be voted Rookie of Year and 6 Man of Year.

So Spanoulis lead his team to Final Four and Washington lead his team to Final 8.

Spanoulis be 6 Man of Year and Rookie of Year and Washington also play as rookie and 6 man be neither one.

Per 40 minute stats

Darius Washington

45.3% shooting overall
47.1% 3 point shooting
75% FT shooting

20.5 points per game

4.4 rebounds per game

3.1 FIBA assists per game

or

4.1 NBA assists per game

3.7 steals per game
.6 blocks per game

Vassilis Spanoulis

47.2% shooting overall
40.0% 3 point shooting
81.6% FT shooting

22.9 points per game

2.7 rebounds per game

5.7 FIBA assists per game

or

7.5 NBA assists per game

1.5 steals per game
0.0 blocks per game

Also Spanoulis can play shooting guard also and also Spanoulis bigger player and of course everyone know Spanoulis better defender. Washington very good defender but Spanoulis better defender than even say Manu.

Only thing Washington better at was rebound and 3 point shooting. Actual now Spanoulis today probable better rebounder than Washington as he made to work on this by Van Gundy. He able to get 5 to 6 rebound now even in Euroleague.

Washington also get more steals but Spanoulis still much better defender. Any Europe fan should know this.

But Washington still better 3 point shooter. Spanoulis still like Parker on 3 points. Have NBA range but just not consistent with shot make.

But Spanoulis better in every other aspects of game than Washington.

Can play two position both offense and defense compares Washington with 1. Spanoulis 6-4 Washington only 6-2. Spanoulis more athletic, faster, quicker, stronger player.

Spanoulis noticeable better defender. Spanoulis better scorer, better 2 point shooter, better free throw shooter, much better play maker much better create assists. Spanoulis also much more clutch player and much better big games player and can lead team himself further than Washington.

So now that Spurs fans see what player like Washington can do with given freedom and chance to play normal game by Popovich, Spurs fans should be able see what player such as Spanoulis that is much superior to player like Washington can do as backup combo guard with Spurs.

This what I try explain to fan here. They get Spanoulis for sure Spurs once again champions team of NBA.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Why do we need to compare them?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-03-2007, 01:40 PM

jman3000
11-03-2007, 01:40 PM
I'll take the worse FT shooter, thanks.

whottt
11-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Washington = Not afraid of the NBA

Vaginis = Afraid of the NBA

Therefore:

Washington > Vaginis

Beno > Vaginis

Any player in NBA > Vaginis

mardigan
11-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Beno > Vaginis

exstatic
11-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Exactly. DWash has one huge advantage...no make that two: he's available and he really wants to play in the NBA. I don't really care what Spandex is doing in Europe, since he clearly doesn't want to play in the NBA, and is under contract.

ducks
11-03-2007, 01:43 PM
he better hope washing does not exployed if he wants spurs to sign him

spurs will tell him hell no

whottt
11-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I just want to know why you keep bringing him up?

None of us were complaining about the idea of the Spurs signing him...

He's the reason he's not here.

So I don't understand why you are trying to convince us he'd be a good fit for our team...you need to convince him.

And likely...he won't be now. The Spurs got another PG they like now. And they aren't likely to be wanting to pay this dudes stupid freaking buyout. They already bought him out once.

I wish Vaginis well...too bad he didn't want to play for the Spurs. His fault, not ours.

And when it comes right down to it...did you see the ring celebration? That's why we don't really give a damn what he does.

whottt
11-03-2007, 01:46 PM
IF you want to be a Spurs fan...welcome to Spurs fandom...

IF your purpose it just to jock some guy who could have played for the Spurs but didn't want too, to us Spurs fans...

We get it, you're a Vaginis fan...what do you want us to do about it? Beg him to sign here?

I just don't get the purpose...

Sit back and watch a Spurs game sometime...the basketball world doesn't begin and end with Spannoulis.

It begins and ends with the Spurs :smokin

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-03-2007, 01:47 PM

Because I likes Washington for Spurs backups point guard. Much better for Spurs than Vaughn and Udrih.

Now this make available backup SG for Spanoulis. Spanoulis so similar player like Manu just like Lindsey also agree.

Spanoulis if allow play free and proper by Popovich unlike stupid Van Gundy then Spanoulis be much better player for Spurs than Finley and Barry.

And for fan not believe Van Gundy complete ruin Spanoulis look at how McGrady play in Orlando and now under Adelman then look at how he play under Van Gundy.

Spanoulis average 2.7 point in 8.7 minute for Rockets with Van Gundy but under coach like Adelman or Popovich this more like 5.7 point.

Van Gundy have cause most all player 3-5 point average less per game over career every team he coach Daryl Morey GM of Rockets have say this true from his stat analise.

If Spurs can have Washington and Spanoulis as backup guards they can for sure win champions next year.

Mr. Body
11-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Kill Bill Pana for 2007-2008 Poster of the Year. I already call it.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I just want to know why you keep bringing him up?

None of us were complaining about the idea of the Spurs signing him...

So I don't understand why you are trying to convince us he'd be a good fit for our team...you need to convince him.

And likely...he won't be now. The Spurs got another PG they like now. And they aren't likely to be wanting to pay this dudes stupid freaking buyout. They already bought him out once.

I wish Vaginis well...too bad he didn't want to play for the Spurs. His fault, not ours.

And when it comes right down to it...did you see the ring celebration? That's why we don't really give a damn what he does.

He NOT have buyout after first year he have PLAYER OPTION so he have buyout only if not choose opt out. How many time this have to be explained?

He and agent and Spurs talks about this before he join Panathinaikos to make sure he have choice to opt out with no buyout after year if want to come join Spurs if mom do better.

Why fans here need explain thing like 25 time?

whottt
11-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Ok well, let us know when he's coming over.

Meanwhile....Spurs got a title to defend. You should watch them do it.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Because I likes Washington for Spurs backups point guard. Much better for Spurs than Vaughn and Udrih.

Now this make available backup SG for Spanoulis. Spanoulis so similar player like Manu just like Lindsey also agree.

Spanoulis if allow play free and proper by Popovich unlike stupid Van Gundy then Spanoulis be much better player for Spurs than Finley and Barry.

And for fan not believe Van Gundy complete ruin Spanoulis look at how McGrady play in Orlando and now under Adelman then look at how he play under Van Gundy.

Spanoulis average 2.7 point in 8.7 minute for Rockets with Van Gundy but under coach like Adelman or Popovich this more like 5.7 point.

Van Gundy have cause most all player 3-5 point average less per game over career every team he coach Daryl Morey GM of Rockets have say this true from his stat analise.

If Spurs can have Washington and Spanoulis as backup guards they can for sure win champions next year.So you didn't have to compare them because they would play different positions on the Spurs and you agree with my contention we could have both for that very reason.

Ok.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Ok well, let us know when he's coming over.

Meanwhile....Spurs got a title to defend. You should watch them do it.

I already say many time before Panathinaikos my favorite Greek team and Euroleague team, Spurs my favorite NBA team.

Bruno
11-03-2007, 02:05 PM
It's not a fair comparison :

1) Spanoulis in 04-05 was more than one year older than Washington in 06-07.

2) Washington hasn't played in Europe before while Spanoulis had still play in Europe. the transition from NCAA to ULEB Cup is ten times harder than the transition for Greek League and FIBA Eurocup to ULEB Cup.

And even if it were a fair comparaison, it's kinda point less. Spanoulis being better than Washington in Europe doesn't mean that he will be better than him in nba because it's not the same competition.

Mr. Body
11-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Let's give Washington a couple years before making the comparison.

whottt
11-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I already say many time before Panathinaikos my favorite Greek team and Euroleague team, Spurs my favorite NBA team.

Ok, well you may have some potential to be a real basketball fan then :tu

I just don't understand why you're trying to sell us on Spanoulis...nobody here dissed him, several of us were excited about the idea of signing him, and I imagine that included individuals in the Spurs FO...and you saw what happened to Beno....he was on his way out. Like I said he was when they traded for Spanoulis in the first place.

The back up PG spot was his if he wanted it, and probably would have gotten minutes at the 2 spot as well.

Instead, he got cold feet, passed on a chance for an NBA championship, and made the Spurs look kind of foolish for doing this trade. Not exactly a good way to impress the fan base.

And to tell you the truth...the biggest mistake he might have made from an individual standpoint..was passing up the chance to play in Adelman's offense.

Van Gundy is a douche bag obviously..but it seems to me that Spanoulis is taking that out on the Spurs and the entire NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-03-2007, 02:12 PM
So you didn't have to compare them because they would play different positions on the Spurs and you agree with my contention we could have both for that very reason.

Ok.

I just try show Spur fan that Spanoulis actual better prospect for sure than Washington because now fan see what player like Washington can do in NBA under coach like Popovich.

So many fan here keep base Spanoulis on how Van Gundy use him which crazy. Van Gundy must be worst coach of offense and for rookie player ever. Also as bad with Europe player.

Example if Van Gundy coach Rockets now after Scola have many turnover in preseason for examples MORE than Spanoulis have per minute and he be POWER FORWARD and plus all his foul problem, then he have poor first game of year.

IF this happen under Van Gundy Scola = "doggie house" all year and now ride bench. Scola not even be allow play 2nd game, but under Adelman he allows chances to adjust and then have good 2nd game.

Van Gundy state over and over player have turnover he NOT play. He call Spanoulis "turnover machine" base on turnover in preseason and Spanoulis try tell him he just try get use to game not care about turnover then because game not count. Spanoulis just try get teammates use to passes.

Van Gundy if coach Manu as rookie, Manu = bench all year. This simple how stupid Van Gundy really is. He even refuse play player like Bonzi. He had before tell Knicks he wish bench Camby and they have to threaten fire him. He wish Camby never play too. He such idiot but he brag about how player like Ryan Bowen Rafer Alston and Charlie Ward "great players." :spin

Van Gundy idiot coach. Scola get more turnover per minute in preseason than Spanoulis do and he not even point guard. Scola already be ride bench under idiot like Van Gundy.

So Spurs fans need understand cannot judge by how he use by Van Gundy. Just see T-Mac already look 10 time better player after get free from Van Gundy idiot offense.

Spanoulis is player can get average 15 point 5 NBA type assist in Euroleague as 6 man for team quality of Panathinaikos which be team to be championship game at least.

Then only complete retard coach not realize this and his good defense and good athlete ability and quickness would not equal good NBA player.

Rocket management brag about how great he is then stupid coach just throw him away. :blah

With Spurs this be Parker/Washington and Manu/Billy good for Spurs. Billy can be great 6 man for them. He can take similar role style like Manu this allow Manu get starter spot back.

Spurs Brazil
11-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Let's compare them in NBA

Vaginis 2.7pts 0.9asts 0.7rebs 0.2stls
Washington 2.3pts 2.0 asts 1.7 rebs 0.7 stls

Washington>Vaginis in NBA

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-03-2007, 02:33 PM
It's not a fair comparison :

1) Spanoulis in 04-05 was more than one year older than Washington in 06-07.

2) Washington hasn't played in Europe before while Spanoulis had still play in Europe. the transition from NCAA to ULEB Cup is ten times harder than the transition for Greek League and FIBA Eurocup to ULEB Cup.

And even if it were a fair comparaison, it's kinda point less. Spanoulis being better than Washington in Europe doesn't mean that he will be better than him in nba because it's not the same competition.

Year I use Spanoulis 22 year old rookie of ULEB Cup and Washington 21 year old rookie of ULEB Cup. This not fair comparison?

Then how about compare Washington rookie year now of NBA as decent backup rookie point guard of age 22 how old he will be this year to Spanoulis of age 23 rookie year of Euroleague? This Spanoulis first year with Panathinaikos.

As 23 year rookie of Euroleague he get 10th place MVP Euroleague. He get 2nd place MVP Greek league. He lead team in scoring both league off bench! He get all star Greek league and all Greek league. He get all Euroleague team. Spanoulis get MVP of week twice for Euroleague. Spanoulis get Euroleague Rookie of Year and 6 Man of Year award.

Spanoulis also get vote 7th best European player for 2006 from FIBA International!

Also Spanoulis in international this year lead Greece in scoring even come off bench and they get 2nd place 2006 FIBA World Championship and he lead them with 22 point 6 FIBA assist (9 NBA assist) game off bench when they beat team USA.

Look at FIBA European International Player of Year 2006:

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_rdCa0AljHPAjbl9YuZSHL2.coid_kl-Qub2wHLUH0UwthgNad1.articleMode_on.html

Overall Rank Name Rank in panel vote Rank in fan vote Total Weighted Rank
1 Theo Papaloukas (GRE) 1 1 1.0
2 Pau Gasol (ESP) 2 2 2.0
3 Dirk Nowitzki (GER) 3 3 3.0
4 Jorge Garbajosa(ESP) 4 4 4.0
5 Juan Carlos Navarro (ESP) 5 6 5.3
6 Boris Diaw (FRA) 6 9 6.9
7 Vasileios Spanoulis (GRE) 7 7 7.0
8 Tony Parker (FRA) 8 8 8.0
9 JR Holden (RUS) 9 10 9.3
10 Jaka Lakovic (SLO) 9 11 9.6

OK you see Spanoulis perform at age 23 with normal offense style coach now you still think Washington better player?

You think Washington compare to player like Papaloukas, Gasol, Nowitzki, Garbajosa, Navarro, Diaw, Parker? Really?

See Navarro already do some thing NBA but if Van Gundy coach him after he 4 turnover in first game and because he "Euro trash" as Van Gundy call Spanoulis as base on "Euroleague barn league" as he say then Navarro already be bench all year by him to. :rolleyes

Like last year Mitchell not want use Garbajoda and Raptors suck and Colangelo tell him use him and team sudden become win team.

So you really think Washington at age 23 already being compare with player like Papaloukas, Gasol, Nowitzki, Garbajosa, Navarro, Diaw, Parker?

Washington good player but not close to Billy. Spur fans not realize great chance team have to get Billy what this mean. Think Scola trade just dump trade. Not get Lindsey and Buford and Popovich want Spanoulis.

Dawson and Lindsey have say before that Spanoulis = Parker or Manu in talent and very upset with how Van Gundy use him.

You see in Greece Pana fan cannot believe such great talent be given away back to us.

The Franchise
11-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Spanoulis is good in Europe not in the NBA. Van Gundy gave him a chance last year, but everytime he came in he would either make a bad pass, (turnover) or an ill-advised shot(Nut up). I watched EVERY Rockets game last year, and wanted badly for Spanoulis to suceed, but he just didn't. He is very active, but without focus. He was given a chance, failed, and whined that it wasn't enough.So now he wants to step in as the backup PG for the WORLD CHAMPS????????? He couldn't beat out Rafer Alston but he is somehow supposed to help the Spurs. He doesn't take criticism very well so how could he survive under Pop? I'm also sick of hearing this his mother is sick because his father died sh$t.His father died years ago!!! This was all covered in the rockets forum. If you love him please continue to cheer him on, but don't make him into the Messiah of basketball.

The Franchise
11-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh yeah Washington looks better already.

Bruno
11-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Year I use Spanoulis 22 year old rookie of ULEB Cup and Washington 21 year old rookie of ULEB Cup. This not fair comparison?

Yes, it's unfair and mainly because Washington came from NCAA to land in a new team, new country and new style of BB.
Spanoulis wasn't in this case.
And at 21, Spanoulis was playing the Eurocup (weaker level than the ULEB cup) and averaged 6/4.

Then how about compare Washington rookie year now of NBA as decent backup rookie point guard of age 22 how old he will be this year to Spanoulis of age 23 rookie year of Euroleague?

So now you are comparing nba with Euroleague ?

Overall Rank Name Rank in panel vote Rank in fan vote Total Weighted Rank
1 Theo Papaloukas (GRE) 1 1 1.0
2 Pau Gasol (ESP) 2 2 2.0
3 Dirk Nowitzki (GER) 3 3 3.0
4 Jorge Garbajosa(ESP) 4 4 4.0
5 Juan Carlos Navarro (ESP) 5 6 5.3
6 Boris Diaw (FRA) 6 9 6.9
7 Vasileios Spanoulis (GRE) 7 7 7.0
8 Tony Parker (FRA) 8 8 8.0
9 JR Holden (RUS) 9 10 9.3
10 Jaka Lakovic (SLO) 9 11 9.6

FIBA isn't the same thing than nba.

Like last year Mitchell not want use Garbajoda and Raptors suck and Colangelo tell him use him and team sudden become win team.

you shouldn't have followed Raptors very closely. Garbojosa played heavy minutes, even at the start of the season.

So you really think Washington at age 23 already being compare with player like Papaloukas, Gasol, Nowitzki, Garbajosa, Navarro, Diaw, Parker?

Washington good player but not close to Billy. Spur fans not realize great chance team have to get Billy what this mean.

Did I say : Washington > Spanoulis ? NO.
Your comparison isn't fair, deal with that.
Saying that, it doesn't mean that Spanoulis isn't a better player than Washington.

whottt
11-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm on record as thinking Spanoulis is a guy that would transfer well to the NBA, he's got the speed to do it.

He was in Van Gundy's doghouse for turnovers and because Van Gundy hates offense in general...Van Gundy is the worst offensive coach in the NBA IMO.

He's not Sarunas or one of those guys that's just fast enough for the game in Europe, but gets smoked in the NBA...he's fast enough to play in the NBA.

....he just lacks the desire to do so.

T Park
11-03-2007, 03:15 PM
If the guy wants to play here next year, bring it on.

If not, who cares.

zepn
11-03-2007, 04:13 PM
If Spurs can have Washington and Spanoulis as backup guards they can for sure win champions next year.

So the 2008-2009 championship can be assured if the Spurs sign this guy as their 3rd string point guard?

Then why didn't Houston win it last year?

The Franchise
11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
So the 2008-2009 championship can be assured if the Spurs sign this guy as their 3rd string point guard?

Then why didn't Houston win it last year?
Because Spanoulis was horrible.

whottt
11-03-2007, 04:32 PM

Yeah...he was so horrible Jeff Van Gundy is no longer with the team.

Freeze
11-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Spanoulis if allow play free and proper by Popovich

Pop will never allow a rookie to play "free", spurs team is all about systems.

If Vspan were a Spur, I wonder if he could have stand Pop yelling at him all the time :downspin:

xmas1997
11-03-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't know why all the argument here about this guy.
I think most with any basketball sense will admit the VSpan is one of the better players in Europe just like Manu was one of the better players in Europe.
There can also be no doubt that the Spurs made a last minute attempt to lure him back this year through Parker, but in light of the personal problems were unable to, and yet managed at least to set things up for him to come over then (next season) when hopefully those problems are no longer an issue.
All of this has been reported on in the news.
And the Spurs are an organization that likes to view itself as a family which takes real family issues seriously. Look at Horry to see an example of that.
So summing up, it looks very very promising that VSpan will get a chance next season to be a Spur.
I'm quite sure he won't be the turn over machine he was in Houston because he learned a valuable lesson there last year.
Plus it isn't surprising that Pop wants him. Pop knows talent when he sees it and has learned to trust the foreign talent pool where VSpan is one of the top, if not The top, player over there.
Finally, it is exciting to imagine that he could very well make the Spurs next year and most probably be the primary backup PG although right now Washington has the edge since he will have had a year in the system under his belt.
My best guess is that since there is no player buy-out for VSpan after this first season with the Greek team Pana due most likely to CIA Pop getting VSpan to arrange his Greek contract that way, he will in fact come over to try to make the Spurs.
And I have very little doubt he will succeed just like Manu succeeded. He is that good!
The Spurs will most likely need his services more next year anyway, but my best guess is that he starts out as 3rd string PG and possibly 2nd string SG since the Spurs will be in a somewhat retooling mode with the loss of Barry, Vaughn, and Horry, and potential losses of Finley and Oberto.
I, for one, am excited about next years potential to continue to carry the torch after the Spurs finally achieve that elusive "repeat" this year.
Some people just like to rain on other peoples' parades, thats all.
It's common knowledge that Van Gundy is an asshole and highly overrated as a coach among those in the know.
The clincher is that if Pop and the Spurs FO didn't really want this guy on the team this and next year, then there would not have been the under the table influence for VSpan to arrange his contract to allow him an "out" after his first season with the EuroGreek team, Pana.
All other arguments are moot in light of that.
And others who like to claim he is a whoos for needing to attend to personal (his Mom's fragile mental health) for lack of a better argument, are just being at the height of insensitivity.
Many players have similar problems that need their attention. See Horry, or Mr. .04.
Most decent FOs who have any inkling of sensitivity, foresight, and class will allow this whereas those with no class, or are just plain terrible, will not.
IMHO next year is already exciting from the prospects of it (just like its' been the last few years as most of us were hoping for Scola to eventually come on board) even though it's still this year where the main focus is for now.
First things first: back-to-back repeat.
And then: back-to-back-to-back repeat!
What a grand time it is to be a Spurs fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spurs Dynasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zepn
11-03-2007, 07:33 PM
My contention is that there is not now, and never has been, any third string player that has made any team "for sure win champions(hip)" - as Kill Bill has stated VSpan would.

ShoogarBear
11-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Kill Bill:Spanoulis :: whottt:Shane Heal

Indazone
11-04-2007, 01:21 AM

Pop will never allow a rookie to play "free", spurs team is all about systems.

If Vspan were a Spur, I wonder if he could have stand Pop yelling at him all the time :downspin:

Vspan put up with JVG. Is Pop worse than Van Gundy when it comes to yelling and being a general douchebag?

Indazone
11-04-2007, 01:36 AM

Did you sit in the Rockets practice sessions and watch all the practices too? Did Spanoulis have great practices or not? Did he get enough playing time during the season to make a sound basketball call about the man's talent as it seems you have have already done? Or does that lockdown robotic play of JVG's really turn you on to see Yao getting pushed around or T-Mac running the offense with the other teams defenders all keying on him? Wow, that's really smart. How about Azubuike going off for 33 pts and Nachbar becoming one of the best small forwards in the NBA? Does that tell you anything about how JVG uses players? Every single player who ever played for JVG has declined in scoring average.

itzsoweezee
11-04-2007, 03:05 AM
he's a pussy. stay in fucking europe. the spurs don't need another beno. they just got rid of the last one.

bigfan
11-04-2007, 11:16 AM
I agree with most on this, he can probably play in the NBA, he has the skills. Unfortunately, he doesnt have the balls. He was the one who wanted to go back to Europe, otherwise he'd be on the Spurs roster. If he changes his mind next year, hey, we'll give him a look but thats it.