PDA

View Full Version : Next Training Camp in Argentina??

urunobili
12-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Hey Guys;
Following the logic patters that we had training Camp for the 05 championship in The U.S. Virgin Islands (Timmy's home) and the 07 one in France (Tony's home) is it possible that the FO may be considering doing it in Argentina to also honor Manu's home place?
Would ya'll like that? i bet a friendly match against Nocioni's Bulls would make the most sense there as well.. it would be huge and i would fly to be around the whole training Camp if they make it happen.
You think it may happen or it's only a personal wish?

WalterBenitez
12-10-2007, 09:55 AM
I would love that!!!

Do this include Spurs Fans coming?

We would love to teach them what a great wine is :drunk

POP had to pay overweigth in his way home at ARG's customs since he got a couple of tons of excellent wine :rolleyes

Extra Stout
12-10-2007, 10:01 AM
It sounds like a really good idea, so good, in fact, that I bet Pop has mentioned it to the league office. Bahia Blanca and Cordoba would be the two best candidate cities.

Extra Stout
12-10-2007, 10:06 AM
We would love to teach them what a great wine is :drunk

We already know. :drunk :drunk :drunk
I go through two or three bottles of Malbec a month.

WalterBenitez
12-10-2007, 10:14 AM
We already know. :drunk :drunk :drunk
I go through two or three bottles of Malbec a month.

We could open a wine training camp to exchange some experiences, POP would be the main speaker :toast

Cherry
12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
First to all, we need to finish a stadium. :lol :depressed

sendman
12-10-2007, 10:22 AM
That would be a very nice thing to do.

Bruno
12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
The final choice of a training camp location is made by the nba FO not by Spurs FO.
I don't think that the nba FO is that interested in making a training camp in Argentina because it isn't a big market.
I guess that the Spurs FO first choice is to stay in SA because it's the comfortable choice. However, they can say to nba FO that if they want to send Spurs overseas for a training camp, they would like to go in Argentina.

xamila rey
12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
i think the stadium will be finish on 2010.
Maybe the spurs go that summer, but before then impossible.

MoSpur
12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
That would be nice.

kolko
12-10-2007, 02:33 PM
i think the stadium will be finish on 2010.
Which one?

ArgSpursFan.
12-10-2007, 02:39 PM
The one they´re building in Bahia Blanca, but they can set up the training camp in Cordoba, they have a pretty nice Arena over there(Atena´s stadium).

kolko
12-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Actually, a big stadium it's not needed (take the example of Virgin Islands). What they need is a sports facility complex in good condition and a nice place to stay (I'm thinking of some town down in the Patagonia)

They can come here for training camp and not play any formal game. Just practice.

ducks
12-10-2007, 03:01 PM
tp would need body guards agrentina's would kill him since he is holding back manu according to them

ArgSpursFan.
12-10-2007, 03:02 PM
tp would need body guards agrentina's would kill him since he is holding back manu according to them

not any more.

urunobili
12-10-2007, 03:06 PM
i think in Buenos Aires they could use the 14000 people capacity Luna Park arena for the friendly match... as for Training Camp they just need first world facilities fro making it happen and i think they do have that already. they shouldn't wait for Manu Ginobili's stadium to be finished and they could go somewhere else.
P.S. Bruno... Argentina is a WAY bigger market than San Antonio... just compare the population....

Kori Ellis
12-10-2007, 03:12 PM
The final choice of a training camp location is made by the nba FO not by Spurs FO.

True. The first year that the Spurs went to France, they had actually requested to go to Moscow.

urunobili
12-10-2007, 03:15 PM
True. The first year that the Spurs went to France, they had actually requested to go to Moscow.
do you think it will ever happen? :depressed

ArgSpursFan.
12-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Why not? every country has a chance.I still remember Pop coming to Arg in 2005, and all the good things He talked about Argentina.
It´s possible.

Ocotillo
12-10-2007, 04:44 PM
What about the Rockets?

Church of Scola.

Bruno
12-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Argentina is a WAY bigger market than San Antonio... just compare the population....

It's not between Argentina and San Antonio but between Argentina and Europe.
The nba FO makes some efforts to develop the nba brand in big Europeans country (Spain, Italy, France, Germany, England, Russia...). They do that because they think they can make money in this area with big and rich countries.
The nba has done almost nothing in South America because they think that there are less money to make in this area. It could change in the future but for the moment the nba send teams in Europe every year while no teams are send in South America.
Spurs FO can ask nba FO do have a training camp in Argentina but I think they rather stay in SA for their training camp.

IMO, only ways Spurs had a training camp in Argentina are :
either the nba change his strategy with South America or the the nba FO asks Spurs FO "we will sned you oversea for a training camp, where do you want to go ?" and Spurs convincing them to send Spurs in Argentina.

urunobili
12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
What about the Rockets?

Church of Scola.
plz don't turn this into a Scola thread we have one of those always up there...

Extra Stout
12-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Unfortunately, I think Bruno is right. Argentina is a peripheral market in the NBA's plans.

ArgSpursFan.
12-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately, I think Bruno is right. Argentina is a peripheral market in the NBA's plans.

when you go to Argentina for training camp,you´re not just expanding the NBA to that expecific country,but the whole SouthAmerica region.
Now SouthAmerican Market>>>>Argentina by itself.
Best example Urinobili,He´s from Uruguay and he´s an NBA cosumer from South America not Argentina.

Ariel
12-10-2007, 06:27 PM
when you go to Argentina for training camp,you´re not just expanding the NBA to that expecific country,but the whole SouthAmerica region.
Now SouthAmerican Market>>>>Argentina by itself.
If the NBA wants to promote the NBA in South America, they're going to Brazil, not Argentina. They're a much larger market than we're. Maybe when Tiago is on the Spurs, there'll be enough interest that some exhibition tour or something can be arranged so that both our countries get to sniff real NBA ball. Hopefully. But doubtful.

Best example Urinobili,He´s from Uruguay and he´s an NBA cosumer from South America not Argentina.
Yes, and he's so easily identifiable because he's pretty much the only one... or in the distinct minority, to be more accurate. No disrespect meant.

urunobili
12-10-2007, 06:30 PM
so guys help me understand something... a place that the league would think a decent market for them is one where they would sell lots of TV rights, League passes, Jersey's, gear... what else? with Argentina's population i think they're getting a lot of that and they would get even MORE.. man.. the league has 6 Argies playing right now! it's the time! and that's far more than Brazilians and i think the NBA makes more money in ARG than in BRA,,,, i bet in BRA the Voleyball team sells more jerseys than the bkb one... they're the freaking Mavericks of south america :devil

jay014
12-10-2007, 06:30 PM
The whole team will need bodyguards. Wasn't Ginobili's family being threatened with kidnapping when Ginobili signed his contract extension with the Spurs making him the highest paid athlete in Argentina.

ArgSpursFan.
12-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Brazil has a bigger Market tham Arg,but the NBA is trying to expand to the whole continent of SouthAmerican,not just brazil,so it really don´t matter if they do it in Brazil or Argentina.
I bet there´s more spanish speaking consumers in SouthAmerica tham Portugueses,eventhough Brazil has a very large population.

ArgSpursFan.
12-10-2007, 06:33 PM
The whole team will need bodyguards. Wasn't Ginobili's family being threatened with kidnapping when Ginobili signed his contract extension with the Spurs making him the highest paid athlete in Argentina.

Kidnappings are 100 time more usual in Sao Pablo or Rio de Janeiro tham in any other city in South America.
I don´t think that´s a parameter at all.

Ariel
12-10-2007, 06:34 PM
so guys help me understand something... a place that the league would think a decent market for them is one where they would sell lots of TV rights, League passes, Jersey's, gear... what else? with Argentina's population i think they're getting a lot of that and they would get even MORE.. man.. he league has 6 Argies playing right now! it's the time!
The figures that matter come in green. And needless to say, in South America we're FAR, FAR behind. And that won't change in the near future.

Ariel
12-10-2007, 06:36 PM
You're far more likely to be shot by a random psycho at your school, or shopping in a mall in the US, than you are of dying at the hands of kidnappers in Argentina. So if you're on paranoid mode, I suggest you start at home.

jay014
12-10-2007, 06:40 PM
You're far more likely to be shot by a random psycho at your school, or shopping in a mall in the US, than you are of dying at the hands of kidnappers in Argentina. So if you're on paranoid mode, I suggest you start at home.
Paranoid, I could care less.But was he targeted?

Ariel
12-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Paranoid, I could care less.But was he targeted?
Supposedly, at a peculiar time in Argentine history. So is it possible? sure. Just like he could be shot to death by random American psycho no. 1,343,123 I guess. Only far less likely.

objective
12-10-2007, 06:50 PM
I don't think the NBA would just send a single team to South America, probably if there ever was going to be a training camp there I think there'd be two teams.

I could see maybe the Bulls or Rockets with their Argentine connections pairing with the Spurs, or maybe Phoenix, Denver or Cleveland with their Brazilian connections.

urunobili
12-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Supposedly, at a peculiar time in Argentine history. So is it possible? sure. Just like he could be shot to death by random American psycho no. 1,343,123 I guess. Only far less likely.
plz don;t turn this into an american bashing thread.... thanks in advance

Ariel
12-10-2007, 06:56 PM
plz don;t turn this into an american bashing thread.... thanks in advance
Hmm... there's no American bashing whatsoever in my statement. I'm poiting out risks may be different, but they exist everywhere. Home included, of course. And I've managed to hang around peacefully at NBA boards for going on 4 years now. But thanks for the tip,

jay014
12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
What no Argentine psycho? Argspursfan

MaNuMaNiAc
12-10-2007, 07:01 PM
What no Argentine psycho? Argspursfan
not as many as you seem to think there are... Ariel is just bothered by the fact you seem to think everybody that comes to Argentina is in grave danger of being kidnapped. Which is paranoid to say the least...

jay014
12-10-2007, 07:13 PM
not as many as you seem to think there are... Ariel is just bothered by the fact you seem to think everybody that comes to Argentina is in grave danger of being kidnapped. Which is paranoid to say the least...
I heard something like that in the news(a while back) that's all, didn't mean to upset you(Argentines) if Ariel took offense I'm sorry. I don't care where training camp is at, they could put it in Mexico.

urunobili
12-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Hmm... there's no American bashing whatsoever in my statement. I'm poiting out risks may be different, but they exist everywhere. Home included, of course. And I've managed to hang around peacefully at NBA boards for going on 4 years now. But thanks for the tip,
np.. sorry i brought that up but i;ve seen many threads turn into a whose worse or better and this one i'm just trying to find supporters to get to c how close of the dream of having them here we could get... and not even inmy country... in yours.... i know we don;t have a chance unless Manu or Chapu decide to spend some holidays without being recognized here in UY... and BTW... i am a HUGE rojo fan.. i was the in the 4-1 classic 11 am with the historical Aguero goal that started on mid field... :downspin:

MaNuMaNiAc
12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
I heard something like that in the news(a while back) that's all, didn't mean to upset you(Argentines) if Ariel took offense I'm sorry. I don't care where training camp is at, they could put it in Mexico.
I don't think anyone is upset, just trying to dispel the myth that Argentina is on par with Bagdad, which apparently quite a few American's seem to believe.

Ariel
12-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I heard something like that in the news(a while back) that's all, didn't mean to upset you(Argentines) if Ariel took offense I'm sorry.
That's OK. I don't chalk it up to you personally, and that's actually what bothers me the most. Despite popular belief, you can manage to visit Argentina without being kidnapped. Such risks are wildly exaggerated. Don't get me wrong, we do have our own problems. Much more so than I'd like to admit. We sure are not Finland... but we're not Iraq or Afghanistan either. For the time being, at least, ;)

SenorSpur
12-10-2007, 07:34 PM
It's time for the Spurs to have a training camp in Bruce's hometown of Fresno, CA. :lol

romain.star
12-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't think anyone is upset, just trying to dispel the myth that Argentina is on par with Bagdad, which apparently quite a few American's seem to believe.

Fox News is a disease

Ariel
12-10-2007, 07:39 PM
np.. sorry i brought that up but i;ve seen many threads turn into a whose worse or better and this one i'm just trying to find supporters to get to c how close of the dream of having them here we could get... and not even inmy country... in yours.... i know we don;t have a chance unless Manu or Chapu decide to spend some holidays without being recognized here in UY... and BTW... i am a HUGE rojo fan.. i was the in the 4-1 classic 11 am with the historical Aguero goal that started on mid field... :downspin:
Yeah, I'm well aware sometimes you have to be careful of what you say... some subjects are sensitive enough and liable to derailment. But I'd like to believe I can handle myself well enough to make my point without turning the debate into a war of false nationalistic pride. Otherwise I wouldn't bother posting.

Exactly.

Ocotillo
12-10-2007, 10:33 PM
If Splitter signs next year compromise and have it in Uruguay.

urunobili
12-11-2007, 08:26 AM
If Splitter signs next year compromise and have it in Uruguay.
ha! good one that won;t happen not in a million years! although... i saw Tiago play here in Montevideo like 3 times always b4 intl competition... and also ARG "B" team... Juan Gutierrez always kills us...

doldrums
12-11-2007, 09:24 AM
ha! good one that won;t happen not in a million years! although... i saw Tiago play here in Montevideo like 3 times always b4 intl competition... and also ARG "B" team... Juan Gutierrez always kills us...

I bet you Sean Taylor's family wished they had lived in Argentina.

WalterBenitez
12-11-2007, 11:05 AM

Is he coming with EVA? :smokin

Extra Stout
12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
The recent economic boom and resultant drop in unemployment has mitigated the risk of kidnapping in Argentina.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-11-2007, 01:08 PM
It's time for the Spurs to have a training camp in Bruce's hometown of Fresno, CA. :lol

:lol yeah!

Spurs Brazil
12-11-2007, 02:34 PM
I hope we can see Spurs in South America soon