PDA

View Full Version : An Ex-Spur languishes in a big apple mess

SenorSpur
12-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Thought this story would appeal to the mass community. I really feel for the guy. It must be killing him to be part of the mess that is the New York Knicks.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49634/20071210/rose_to_isiah_keep_me_inactive/

Rose To Isiah: Keep Me Inactive
December 10, 2007 - 5:37 am

New York Post -
Malik Rose has asked Isiah Thomas to keep him on the inactive list while requesting the club look to deal him if playing him is not in its plans.

Thomas is using the Knicks' open active roster spot to showcase rookie Wilson Chandler, who played the fourth quarter Saturday.

Rose was inactive for the first time Saturday, with Chandler dressing and playing just over two minutes in the 105-77 loss to the Sixers. Rose said Thomas thought it was a good idea that he sit because he'd like to have Chandler active as well.

Rose believes he can better stay in shape by being inactive rather than sitting on the bench, waiting to get a call if there's foul trouble. If Rose knows he's inactive, he can do his full complement of weightlifting and workouts as he tries to stay in shape in case he is traded, or there's an injury.

“It's hard on game days to work out," Rose said. “I told (Thomas) if he's not going to play me, put me on the injured list and I could get more work done on game day. I just want to play. Be it here or anywhere."

Rose would not specifically say if he demanded a trade, but he's been visibly emotional after losses.

The Post's Peter Vecsey reported Rose was offered to the Cavaliers in a sign-and-trade proposal for recently-signed Anderson Varejao.

alamo50
12-10-2007, 05:26 PM
The Post's Peter Vecsey reported Rose was offered to the Cavaliers in a sign-and-trade proposal for recently-signed Anderson Varejao.

:wow

boutons_
12-10-2007, 05:30 PM
"he's been visibly emotional after losses."

... meaning?

RobinsontoDuncan
12-10-2007, 05:33 PM

... meaning?

he, unlike the knicks, actually gives a damn

boutons_
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
It's a strange statement "visibly emotional".

Perhaps Malik weeps in heart-broken sadness?

Bruno
12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
So let's sum up :
Malik Rose is paid $7M per year and sucks so much that he isn't in the rotation of a bad team.
And he goes in the press to ask for a trade. :lol

Malik STFU. You aren't good enough to complain about not playing. If you want to leave Knicks, you should have asked to be traded but not in the press.

SenorSpur
12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
It's a strange statement "visibly emotional".

Perhaps Malik weeps in heart-broken sadness?

I can see him being THAT broken up about it all.

Think about it. Having been traded away from the Spurs and his close friendships with many of the players and staff was bad enough. Now having gone to that shithole team with its dysfunctional behavior, poor management and even worse coaching only compounds his misery.

angel_luv
12-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I hope the Knicks do trade Malik.

I hate him being stuck there.

I wish we could have him back here. :)

PM5K
12-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Rose would be better for Cleveland than Varejao, yeah he's older but he's got more playoff experience.

Wonder why Ferry didn't do it.. I guess Varejao is ok....

Obstructed_View
12-10-2007, 06:04 PM

... meaning?

Were you a Spurs fan when he was here? He's probably pissed off.

ArgSpursFan.
12-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Rose would be better for Cleveland than Varejao, yeah he's older but he's got more playoff experience.

Wonder why Ferry didn't do it.. I guess Varejao is ok....

Varejao is on his prime ,while Malik probably has another 2 or 3 more seasons to go.

FromWayDowntown
12-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Malik was living in NBA Utopia and was sent way to Hell on Planet NBA.

boutons_
12-10-2007, 06:19 PM
If Malik hasn't lost 20+ pounds since the last time I saw his fat ass jiggle up and down the court under his Knick shorts, he's pretty useless to anybody.

My guess is that his career, at age 33, is essentially over as a rotation player.

Enjoy your overpaid $Ms, Malik. :lol

timvp
12-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Accepting losing and not caring about whether his team wins or loses has never been a Malik Rose strong suit.

picnroll
12-10-2007, 06:41 PM
But is Malik willing to accept a buyout?

boutons_
12-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Malik seems to be quite emotional, almost femininely so. That was part of his problem with Pop, Malik's emotions getting in the way of his role.

But he's had plenty of time in that shit-hole of the Knicks to get acclimated, to calm down.

Still haven't heard what exactly "visibly emotional" is. WGAF

The Truth #6
12-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm a little surprised by the anti-Malik reaction here. I don't think anyone, including the popcorn salesman, likes being associated with the Knicks right now.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2007, 07:29 PM
There's no need to bash the guy. I'm sure Zeke has been trying to trade him for the past two seasons. Might happen by the deadline this year.

exstatic
12-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Varejao is on his prime ,while Malik probably has another 2 or 3 more seasons to go.
Varejao is young, but he's majorly pissed at the Cavs, and I doubt he's there after 2010 (2-3 seasons) even if they match, so there's no net difference to Cleveland.

wildbill2u
12-10-2007, 07:47 PM
On the Houston pre-game show tonight they were interviewing the announcer for the 76ers who had played NY the night before.

He said the Knicks were now playing music throughout the game to drown out the constant booing from the stands and chants against Isaiah.

urunobili
12-10-2007, 08:02 PM
So let's sum up :
Malik Rose is paid $7M per year and sucks so much that he isn't in the rotation of a bad team.
And he goes in the press to ask for a trade. :lol

Malik STFU. You aren't good enough to complain about not playing. If you want to leave Knicks, you should have asked to be traded but not in the press.
wow.. impressive... i highly agree with this :clap

Capt Bringdown
12-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Too bad Malik never found a way to get back to playing the kind of basketball that made him so popular in San Antonio, before he got the big buck contract.

A master of self-sabotage is Malik.

exstatic
12-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Too bad Malik never found a way to get back to playing the kind of basketball that made him so popular in San Antonio, before he got the big buck contract.

A master of self-sabotage is Malik.
Actually, he admitted to Pop in his 2003-2004 exit interview that he intentionally broke plays that year because he was mad at Pop. That was pretty much his ticket out of town, and he punched it himself. I like Malik, but he was monumentally stupid his last two years here. He forgot what got him to the point where he merited that contract, and tried (and failed) to be something his skill set wouldn't allow.

Russ
12-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Actually, he admitted to Pop in his 2003-2004 exit interview that he intentionally broke plays that year because he was mad at Pop. That was pretty much his ticket out of town, and he punched it himself. I like Malik, but he was monumentally stupid his last two years here. He forgot what got him to the point where he merited that contract, and tried (and failed) to be something his skill set wouldn't allow.
The greater sin was Malik's having too lucrative a contract for his abilities. I don't think anything Malik did led to his demise in SA -- it was the excessive competence of his agent. :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2007, 10:39 PM

qft.

ploto
12-10-2007, 10:50 PM
The problem for Malik all began because he thought he would replace David. He expected to become a starter when Dave retired and instead the Spurs brought in - not one, but two people who moved ahead of him in the line up- Rasho and Horry. He also struggled that season when the Spurs were playing alot of motion offense. Instead of understanding what he needed to do to earn playing time, Malik tried to play like the guys ahead of him when he did not have the skill set. Also, he was the one who encouraged Tony to go to the press about the whole Kidd thing. Not a good move.

T Park
12-10-2007, 11:59 PM
id welcome him back in any minute

TDMVPDPOY
12-11-2007, 12:26 AM
malik malik should just pick up that soap

BeerIsGood!
12-11-2007, 12:27 AM
I like Malik, his cheesesteak place was decent but a little overpriced, but there's no way I want him on this team. The Spurs have finally gotten rid of the victory cigar and are using their roster spots on rotation players or up and comers to groom in the D-League. Let's hope that doesn't change.

SequSpur
12-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Malik Rose just plained sucked. Quit making up bullshit stories... I am so glad you dumbfucks understand now, cuz when I told you, you still that he deserved to have his jersey retired.

spurscenter
12-11-2007, 12:53 AM
malik wasted 2 years in NY, i would demanded a trade last year, now its just too late.

but at 7 mil a year, its all gravy.

Malik could still put up respectable 14pts 7 rebounds with any other team like memphis, seattle, cleveland.

Him and Nazr are in the same train

ChumpDumper
12-11-2007, 03:10 AM
Also, he was the one who encouraged Tony to go to the press about the whole Kidd thing. Not a good move.Why not? It worked out just fine.

whottt
12-11-2007, 03:23 AM
I don't know how much Malik has left...he's 33 or 34 or something right now.

But I don't think we exactly raped the Knicks on that trade...we gave up two #1 picks and a guy who had a habit of playing well against the Mavs for Nazr.

I'm not so sure we couldn't have won in 05 without Nazr...and I definitely think Malik would have helped in 06 against the Mavs...not only because his best playoff performance ever came against them...but because he's not exactly AJ Fan Num 1.

He's had some decent games for the Knicks in the past...but they have a glut of guys who play the same position as he does who are bigger and more talented.

All that said...I think he's about ready to hang it up now.

IMO, he didn't start playing worse after he got his contract...he just wasn't good enough to deserve what he was being paid....coaches hate it when players have big contracts and aren't living up to them.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-11-2007, 01:13 PM
I haven't seen anything from Malik that shows me he has anything left in the tank. A tweener without hops and quickness isn't much of an NBA player.

violentkitten
12-11-2007, 03:50 PM
godspeed, champion.

Budkin
12-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I'll always like Malik Rose no matter what.

manustarting2gd
12-11-2007, 05:25 PM
I'll always like Malik Rose no matter what.

DITTO THAT. CANT HATE ON THE DUDE THAT SMASHED ON DIKEMBE IN THE 2003 FINALS!!! THAT MY FRIENDS WAS THE NASTIEST DUNK IN SPURS HISTORY AT THE TIME.

nfg3
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
With Malik it was a tale of two careers. The one that got him to the Spurs and that fat contract and the one after. He just never was the same after signing for all that money. He reminded me of Jaren Jackson who did pretty much the same thing but blew out of the league the following year.

He was one of my favorites off the bench since he would bring so much energy.

But I wish that I could suck at my job and still be paid 7 MiL a year! :spin

violentkitten
12-12-2007, 12:09 AM
malik was never the same because spurs fans and the spurs themselves held that contract over his head from the day he signed it.

then spurs fans wonder why dallas became a problem to defend.