PDA

View Full Version : Suns losing to Miami!

Udrihlooms
12-10-2007, 11:11 PM
They're allowing 40 points in a quarter vs Miami, one of the poorest offensive team?

hahaha! Where's the vaunted phoenix defense?

Phoenix losing is definitely more fun than Dallas' losses. :drunk

picnroll
12-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Who cares about the score. What's the assists to field goals made ratio?

Xylus
12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
2nd straight game of underestimating their opponents. There was no energy tonight from anyone not named Brian Skinner.

Defense was awful in the first half.

Udrihlooms
12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Who cares about the score. What's the assists to field goals made ratio?

:spin :spin LMAO. 100:100?

Wade owned Nash! I couldn't care any less about Miami, but I'd love to hear D'antoni if they fall on a 5 game losing streak...

CubanMustGo
12-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Congratulations to Steve Nash who had 14 assists in tonight's 117-113 loss at home to the second worst team in the NBA.

But the Suns had 32 assists for their 46 made shots !!!

Mr. Body
Miami saw this game as the kind to turn their season around, it seems. They saw a chance and took it.

Meanwhile Phoenix nails 13 threes and turnover the ball only nine times and still get a loss at home. They got crushed on the boards and let Miami shoot a really high percentage.

Udrihlooms
i'm glad i didn't jinx the heat. suns' loss made my day!

picnroll
12-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Congratulations to Steve Nash who had 14 assists in tonight's 117-113 loss at home to the second worst team in the NBA.

But the Suns had 32 assists for their 46 made shots !!!
Outstanding. Does this mean the Suns are in first place on AST/FGM?

Udrihlooms
12-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Outstanding. Does this mean the Suns are in first place on AST/FGM?

No. It means they have high TV ratings!

lrrr
12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
D-Wade was super in the 4th. He is the one non-Spurs player I respect the most. Though other players like T-Mac and VC may put up similar stat lines, the difference between them and DWade is like night and day.

Kriz-Maxima
12-10-2007, 11:27 PM
They just have to run faster.

I must say i was very surprised. After the Minny lost i thought the Suns would go out all pistons firing this couple of games. Miami on a win streak? Get out of here!

picnroll
12-10-2007, 11:30 PM
No. It means they have high TV ratings! So the Spurs won't win the TV ratings trophy again this year? :depressed

Udrihlooms
12-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I say, they have too low Assist to FGM. They should exert more effort in this statistics.

Also, I've noticed Riley used only 7 players, while D'Antoni used 8. D'antoni was out-D'anotinied by Riley. Next time D'antoni, use only your starters, don't make any sub.

Udrihlooms
12-10-2007, 11:31 PM
So the Spurs won't win the TV ratings trophy again this year? :depressed

i don't think so, we're always lottery-bound when you talk about ratings :depressed

NBA Junkie
12-10-2007, 11:45 PM
The days are always great when the Suns lose. :downspin:

It's even sweeter when they lose back-to-back to the NBA's two worst teams. :toast

And, I'm supposed to take them seriously as a title contender? :lol

monosylab1k
12-10-2007, 11:55 PM
where is da_suns_fuckingfaggotmotherfuckerfaggotfuckfaggot to explain this away? btw i've been drinking. fuck suns fan faggots.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-11-2007, 12:24 AM
where is da_suns_fuckingfaggotmotherfuckerfaggotfuckfaggot to explain this away? btw i've been drinking. fuck suns fan faggots.
you don't say http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidrunk.gif

BeerIsGood!
12-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Hill is a good signing, but it seems like their defense is worse than ever. Giving up 117 to the Pacers? That's what's going to kill them, whether or not Hill is on the court. You can't win 7 game series against the elite competition by trying to outscore people in a race to 120. The coaching staff in Pho is too tied to their style and can't see the forest through the trees.

I see it's getting worse.

monosylab1k
12-11-2007, 12:25 AM
you don't say http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidrunk.gif
:lmao

anakha
12-11-2007, 12:32 AM

If d_s_f shows up while the Suns are losing, color me shocked as all hell. :lol

kingsfan
12-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Flash is back! Be very afraid. :lol

ShoogarBear
12-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Mike D'Antoni is busily looking for Chris Webber's phone number.

ShoogarBear
12-11-2007, 05:30 AM
Seriously, back to back losses to the Wolves and the Heat? :lol

Cry Havoc
12-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Seriously, back to back losses to the Wolves and the Heat? :lol

I'm glad I'm not playing you this week, Shoog. Nash is KILLING my FG% in fantasy hoops. Ugh.

Purple & Gold
12-11-2007, 10:40 AM
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

RonMexico
12-11-2007, 11:50 AM
And my fantasy team is blowing it too... that Miami game was actually fun to watch... except for the times when D'Antoni lets them jack up 10 3's in a row when they should just drive it to the hoop and at least try to get to the foul line.

Skinner rules.

D'Antoni never wants to use bench, but I'm not surprised.

Oh, and Suns are playing like pussies.

Still, the arrogance of Spurs fans and stupid Laker fans cannot be ignored.

Purple & Gold
12-11-2007, 12:03 PM
And my fantasy team is blowing it too... that Miami game was actually fun to watch... except for the times when D'Antoni lets them jack up 10 3's in a row when they should just drive it to the hoop and at least try to get to the foul line.

Skinner rules.

D'Antoni never wants to use bench, but I'm not surprised.

Oh, and Suns are playing like pussies.

Still, the arrogance of Spurs fans and stupid Laker fans cannot be ignored.

Hows that Battier/Rudy Gay trade going for you Ron??

RonMexico
12-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Hows that Battier/Rudy Gay trade going for you Ron??

Rudy Gay is only playing well because he isn't on a team of pussies... or have a pussy for a coach.

I'm pretty sure Ivaroni is getting the most he can out of him, which is what he needs.

JVG would have destroyed that kid last year and we would have seen Spree redux.

Purple & Gold
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Rudy Gay is only playing well because he isn't on a team of pussies... or have a pussy for a coach.

I'm pretty sure Ivaroni is getting the most he can out of him, which is what he needs.

JVG would have destroyed that kid last year and we would have seen Spree redux.

:dramaquee :dramaquee Ohhh Ron just stop. Admit it, you severely underrated him and big time overrated Battier. Like I said before Battier is good at everything, but excellent at nothing. His game is what it is and won't improve. While Gay could and more than likely will become an All-Star in this League. West bent your Houston team over in that trade. Lets just hope it doesn't lead to the dismantling of them.

RonMexico
12-11-2007, 03:50 PM
:dramaquee :dramaquee Ohhh Ron just stop. Admit it, you severely underrated him and big time overrated Battier. Like I said before Battier is good at everything, but excellent at nothing. His game is what it is and won't improve. While Gay could and more than likely will become an All-Star in this League. West bent your Houston team over in that trade. Lets just hope it doesn't lead to the dismantling of them.

"My Houston team" - I don't even like them... the only Houston franchise I cheer for/support is the Texans and that's a lost cause. I just hated Rudy Gay's attitude in college and I thought Battier would make the Rockets better. Just because Gay has had some success on a non-playoff team doesn't mean that he get the same minutes in Houston... especially when he's a younger T-Mac on a team with T-Mac. I don't think Gay would have worked in Houston, but he has performed better than I expected.

In case you forget, I'm from Phoenix and a Suns fan first, so I still haven't forgotten when Clutch City came back from 0-2 deficits in 94 and 95, or Mario Elie's kiss of death.

Purple & Gold
12-11-2007, 04:03 PM
You basically had a meltdown when I said that the Rockets shouldn't have traded Gay for Battier. And then went on and on about how Battier's an Olympian and deserves everybody's respect. :lol :lol

Fact is T-Mac has been injury prone for awhile and if the Rockets were smart they would have kept a player that:

a. could cover for him if he goes down
b. can allow an injury prone T-Mac to play less minutes
c. can give them what they desperately need (another scorer)
d. has a much higher upside and could potentially do everything better than Battier ever could

The Rockets pushed the panic button and traded a lottery pick for a "championship role player" when they weren't even that close to a championship. They had time to allow him to develop, but were so intent on "winning now" that they sacrificed their future for a slightly above average SF.

yourcheatinheart
12-11-2007, 04:58 PM
because we all know everything counts in December. pompous spurs fucks.http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/11477967_m.jpg

PoleSmoking
12-11-2007, 05:20 PM

LMFAO @ the drunken post from Mono. I love it. You're drunk, but you must have realized halfway through that you were saying fuck alot. I've been there pal ...

PoleSmoking
12-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I fear you are all prematurely cheering the demise of the Phoenix Suns. They are indeed playing like anal excrement right now, but they are still a team to be reckoned with. They haven't played a lick of defense this year and still went 16-4 over the first quarter of the season. They're in a funk right now, but I'm almost certain that they have enough talent to get a top 4 cede still. Who knows, maybe getting embarrassed like this will stir their pride enough to at least try playing some defense.

OldDirtMcGirt
12-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I fear you are all prematurely cheering the demise of the Phoenix Suns. They are indeed playing like anal excrement right now, but they are still a team to be reckoned with. They haven't played a lick of defense this year and still went 16-4 over the first quarter of the season. They're in a funk right now, but I'm almost certain that they have enough talent to get a top 4 cede still. Who knows, maybe getting embarrassed like this will stir their pride enough to at least try playing some defense.

These past two games our guys have looked incredibly lazy. Barbs isn't driving, all he does is camp at the three line. STAT looks like he could give less than two shits about defense and rebounding (he can be absolutely uncontainable if he's busting his ass). Diaw always plays like a huge pussy.

Really the only guys who consistently play their hearts out are Steve, Raja, Grant, and Skinner. Skinner especially plays like every game is game seven of the finals.

CubanMustGo
12-11-2007, 06:42 PM
because we all know everything counts in December. pompous spurs fucks.http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/11477967_m.jpg

u mad?

RonMexico
12-11-2007, 06:56 PM
You basically had a meltdown when I said that the Rockets shouldn't have traded Gay for Battier. And then went on and on about how Battier's an Olympian and deserves everybody's respect. :lol :lol

Fact is T-Mac has been injury prone for awhile and if the Rockets were smart they would have kept a player that:

a. could cover for him if he goes down
b. can allow an injury prone T-Mac to play less minutes
c. can give them what they desperately need (another scorer)
d. has a much higher upside and could potentially do everything better than Battier ever could

The Rockets pushed the panic button and traded a lottery pick for a "championship role player" when they weren't even that close to a championship. They had time to allow him to develop, but were so intent on "winning now" that they sacrificed their future for a slightly above average SF.

Rudy Gay is still a me-first player who will not win a championship unless he gets signed by the Patriots. He quit on his coach at UConn on a team in which he wasn't even the best player (Marcus Williams is probably better), his coach called him out repeatedly after games, and he dropped in the draft because of his attitude.

He's T-Mac part 2 and JVG wanted none of that... oh, yeah - the Rockets were a 4-seed last year behind Dallas, Phoenix, and SA... if they get the 8th seed this year, they'll be lucky because Adleman is their coach. Battier was a great fit on this team a year ago, so it was a good trade back then. Now that they've fired their GM and coach, things have changed.

Call me back when Memphis makes the playoffs... p.s. Pau is still a huge pussy.

Flo-Rida
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
i honestly thought the heat would be 0-6 on this road trip from hell..

ShoogarBear
12-11-2007, 08:39 PM
because we all know everything counts in December. pompous spurs fucks.http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/11477967_m.jpgWhy don't you use your vast experience to educate us on how everything counts in June, then?

ShoogarBear
12-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I fear you are all prematurely cheering the demise of the Phoenix Suns. They are indeed playing like anal excrement right now, but they are still a team to be reckoned with. They haven't played a lick of defense this year and still went 16-4 over the first quarter of the season. They're in a funk right now, but I'm almost certain that they have enough talent to get a top 4 cede still. Who knows, maybe getting embarrassed like this will stir their pride enough to at least try playing some defense.That's not the point. The point is that it was an excellent week in which the Spurs won two games shorthanded while Dallas, Houston, and Phoenix looked like crap at various points in time.

That's prime regular season woofing time. Get yours in before they lay an egg in Golden State.

td4mvp21
12-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Why don't you use your vast experience to educate us on how everything counts in June, then?

Yes, please do so.

td4mvp21
12-11-2007, 08:54 PM
And when have the Suns ever played " a lick of defense" ?

O-Factor
12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
And when have the Suns ever played " a lick of defense" ?

doesnt matter, its ALL ABOUT RATINGS!

Extra Stout
12-11-2007, 11:09 PM
The phoenix suns have played pretty good defense... for them. At least they had before this week.

If the Dallas Mavericks have a "demise," I'll cheer, because they are capable of beating the Spurs. Same, perhaps, for Boston.

phoenix? They're just an object for derision. They can't beat the Spurs in a playoff series. They don't match up with the Spurs. They'll never match up.

JMarkJohns
12-12-2007, 10:29 AM
I said it in the offseason after they traded Thomas and I'm sticking with it now. I'm fully expecting 25 or more losses this year. They are so thin upfront and depth-wise, even with health they'll routinely come out on the losing end of the rebound battle, which means whatever semblance of defense they do play will amount for nothing as opposing teams will average 15 or more second-chance points per game vs. them, with really strong teams up front averaging 20 or more fairly easily.

You simply can't scramble and trap and still be able to body up and box out for the missed shots. It's impossible and the recent Suns losses prove it.

Unless D'Antoni pulls his head out of his ass and plays Skinner 25 minutes a game, or unless Sarver pulls his wallet from out his ass and makes a trade for a real center, I don't see the Suns getting better than my expected 50-to-55 win team. Just good enough to win the Pacific and a first-round series, but just thin enough to lose in the next round.

The Suns have a trade exception worth nearly 3 million and one worth nearly 8 million, but my guess is they sit on both. If they do obtain some inside muscle, it'll be on the cheap and highly unlikely said player gets time to even make a difference, if'n he even can.