PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl Humor

samikeyp
12-11-2007, 10:18 AM
We had a little staff meeting this morning and my boss, being a big Michigan fan, used some quotes from Bo Schembechler’s book.

At the end of the meeting, feeling a little feisty, I said:

“At the next meeting, can we get some quotes from someone who wins Rose Bowls? I can get some Pete Carroll and Mack Brown stuff.”

:lol

Thunder Dan
12-11-2007, 10:20 AM
We had a little staff meeting this morning and my boss, being a big Michigan fan, used some quotes from Bo Schembechler’s book.

At the end of the meeting, feeling a little feisty, I said:

“At the next meeting, can we get some quotes from someone who wins Rose Bowls? I can get some Pete Carroll and Mack Brown stuff.”

:lol

man it must be depressing in your office

travis2
12-11-2007, 10:21 AM
:lmao

Damn, you really miss the Taco Cabanas, don't you? :lol

johngateswhiteley
12-11-2007, 10:24 AM
i miss taco cabana! fuck i love that place...

samikeyp
12-11-2007, 10:26 AM
man it must be depressing in your office

Actually its fun...everyone else are MSU fans so the usual UM-MSU smack flies, especially now that the sports where State has a chance to win are in full effect.

I did have some fun with them yesterday though wearing my Cowboys tie.

samikeyp
12-11-2007, 10:26 AM
:lmao

Damn, you really miss the Taco Cabanas, don't you? :lol

Yes!

Thunder Dan
12-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Actually its fun...everyone else are MSU fans so the usual UM-MSU smack flies, especially now that the sports where State has a chance to win are in full effect.

so wait you live in Michigan?

samikeyp
12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Lansing

Vizzini
12-11-2007, 11:29 AM

Leave it to Sparty to start talking trash once basketball season starts. You also gotta love those a-holes who are Michigan football fans and MSU basketball fans. What a bunch of frontrunning douchebags!

You can wear your Cowbags tie all you want, it doesn't matter what team it is that beats them, the Lions are known for making most of their fan base shout out the f-word out of frustration time and time again. We, being Lion fans are just gluttons for punishment. It is too easy to talk trash when you beat one of the top three most inept franchises in all of sports for this decade. Damn, it pisses me off just typing this!

samikeyp
12-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Leave it to Sparty to start talking trash once basketball season starts.

How is that different from Wolverine fan talking trash when football season starts?

Vizzini
12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
How is that different from Wolverine fan talking trash when football season starts?

Well, they are very similar, but Michigan at one time had the better basketball program as well. ( I know that officially, those games were forfeited, but I digress) Only since Tom Izzo became coach, has Michigan St. taken and run away with the title of having the best basketball program in the state. Now, this is just my opinion, but I think that the majority of Spartan fans would trade all the success of their basketball program has had and transfer it to their football program in a second. If it had been App. St that beat Michigan State in football this year, there wouldn't have been any Michigan players saying they felt like they won two games that day, or the Michigan fanbase wouldn't have rushed out and purchased App. St gear.

samikeyp
12-11-2007, 02:01 PM
You are probably right.

Although they had a good program before Izzo was hired. Jud Heathcote won a title there, but the 80's and early 90's belonged to Michigan.

Also I noticed that there was a fair amount of trash talk on Sparty fans part before this year's football game....however as is MSU's legacy...they found a way to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.