PDA

View Full Version : I got the job!

LuvBones
12-11-2007, 01:38 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gifI got hired today at the vet clinic! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif I will be the new assistant training to be a vet tech. I am SO excited!! They asked me to put in my 2 weeks at work, which I am so thrilled about! I've been dreaming about this day, lol. Now I will be working with animals all day.. I get to give shots and take blood and all that good stuff! This is so perfect! :D Congrats to me! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/toast.gif

stretch
12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Do you get to give shots in the ass?

ATRAIN
12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gifI got hired today at the vet clinic! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif I will be the new assistant training to be a vet tech. I am SO excited!! They asked me to put in my 2 weeks at work, which I am so thrilled about! I've been dreaming about this day, lol. Now I will be working with animals all day.. I get to give shots and take blood and all that good stuff! This is so perfect! :D Congrats to me! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/toast.gif

AWESOME D, your going to have to tell me all about it later!!!

to21
12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
What office?

Shelly
12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Awesome, LB! I'm sure you'll enjoy working there! How long will it take for you to become a Vet Tech?

easjer
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey, congratulations! That's so exciting!

SpursWoman
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Congrats!

LuvBones
12-11-2007, 01:47 PM
It's called Compassionate Care. The Dr. does holistic(sp?) work on the animals, like acupuncture, chiropractic, and uses chinese & western medicines. It's monday thru friday 830-530. Off weekends and holidays. just perfect. :D

Pistons < Spurs
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Congrats L'Bones!

ATRAIN
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Congrats L'Bones!
:ihit

LuvBones
12-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Awesome, LB! I'm sure you'll enjoy working there! How long will it take for you to become a Vet Tech?I have no idea how long it'll take but I'm sure I will be learning a lot soon. They are really understaffed and she has so many patients, we have to help out a lot. Who knows when I'll have to give a shot, I'm pretty nervous about that, lol.

JoeChalupa
12-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Congratulations!! :tu

samikeyp
12-11-2007, 02:13 PM
:toast

Pistons < Spurs
12-11-2007, 02:17 PM
:ihit
?

ATRAIN
12-11-2007, 02:28 PM
?

Don't ??? me, you should know why!!!

PM5K
12-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Hold on a second here, aren't you the one that had a sick dog?

mrsmaalox
12-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Wow! Sounds like a dream job! Congratulations!!

Pistons < Spurs
12-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Don't ??? me, you should know why!!!
LOL! Don't tell me your still upset at having to sport this:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6403/bootsigle0.jpg

ATRAIN
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM
LOL! Don't tell me your still upset at having to sport this:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6403/bootsigle0.jpg

YOU DAMN RIGHT I AM!!!

PM5K
12-11-2007, 02:45 PM
To answer my own question, yes you are the one that wouldn't take your dog to the emergency vet because you didn't have the money.

I didn't say anything then, but doing something like that seems even more careless to me considering you want to be a vet.

You shouldn't own a dog if you can't afford to, that includes taking them to the emergency vet when they are bleeding and acting lethargic.

ATRAIN
12-11-2007, 02:56 PM
To answer my own question, yes you are the one that wouldn't take your dog to the emergency vet because you didn't have the money.

I didn't say anything then, but doing something like that seems even more careless to me considering you want to be a vet.

You shouldn't own a dog if you can't afford to, that includes taking them to the emergency vet when they are bleeding and acting lethargic.

Damn someone needs a hug. Hey Don't blame bones for your parents hating you and not getting you a dog when you were a kid.

tlongII
12-11-2007, 03:04 PM

Don't be a jackass! That dog is 12 years old. It's probably the family dog. You have no idea what the circumstances are behind that issue.

florige
12-11-2007, 03:04 PM

Sometimes stuff may come up where the person owning the pet just come upon hard times where they can't take the animal to the vet. I don't think that would classify a person as being careless.

PM5K
12-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Damn someone needs a hug. Hey Don't blame bones for your parents hating you and not getting you a dog when you were a kid.

I had a dog when I was a kid, his name was Apollo and he was a full bread German Shepherd, beautiful dog...

PM5K
12-11-2007, 03:05 PM
No excuses, this dog was bleeding and lethargic, you can't just say sorry guy, gotta wait till later because I don't have the cash.

You guys ever watch Animal Cops? I've never once heard them say, oh that's a good excuse for not taking your pet to the vet.

ATRAIN
12-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I had a dog when I was a kid, his name was Apollo and he was a full bread German Shepherd, beautiful dog...

Then you should understand that just because you either lose your job or come into hard times or what not doesn't mean you shouldnt own a dog. So tell me what happened to Apollo?

PM5K
12-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Then you should understand that just because you either lose your job or come into hard times or what not doesn't mean you shouldnt own a dog. So tell me what happened to Apollo?

He got stolen :spin

tlongII
12-11-2007, 03:10 PM

Pretty careless of you, don't you think?

ATRAIN
12-11-2007, 03:10 PM

You were careless for not watching over him and making sure he didnt get stolen. YOU should not own a dog!!

PM5K
12-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I was in fourth grade, and he was a family dog, so technically not mine nor my responsibility ;-)

ATRAIN
12-11-2007, 03:14 PM
I was in fourth grade, and he was a family dog, so technically not mine nor my responsibility ;-)

Sounds like an excuse to me.

tlongII
12-11-2007, 03:14 PM

How do you know LuvBones isn't in the 4th grade?

to21
12-11-2007, 03:15 PM
http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/fun-images/PotKettle_small.jpg

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-11-2007, 03:18 PM
To get things back on track, big props to you LuvBones. Does this mean you can start dealing animal seditives on the side as well?

PM5K
12-11-2007, 03:21 PM
How do you know LuvBones isn't in the 4th grade?

That would explain a few things...

stretch
12-11-2007, 04:30 PM
What is your favorite kind of animal, LuvBones?

MoSpur
12-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Congratulations! Hope all goes well.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Congrats, LuvBones.

Mixability
12-11-2007, 05:58 PM
That would explain a few things...

She won't give you the time of day and so now you shit on her parade?

Classy.

PM5K
12-11-2007, 06:12 PM
She won't give you the time of day and so now you shit on her parade?

Classy.

She gave me the time of day, it wasn't right but I think it was because of Day Light savings time.

She's always been nice to me, I didn't say anything at first, but considering she wants to be a vet, that's certainly not what you'd expect, and it's certainly not the right thing to do.

LuvBones
12-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Screw you PM5K, my dog wasn't bleeding... it looked like he had bled a little at some point because of his sheets but I looked over him, and I was crying beside him that night. You're such a jerk, really. I am always nice to you and lately you've been giving me crap. And I don't need to explain anything further to you so think what you want about me. Jerk.

Spurfect
12-11-2007, 07:45 PM
yeah, congrats!! I'm so happy for you, you really did need to get out of your old job. I'm actually jealous. you get to work with animals and I'm still stuck in a cubicle in front of a computer all day. oh yeah and what time do you do lunch? now we can meet up sometimes hopefully... kewl

Spurfect
12-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Screw you PM5K, my dog wasn't bleeding... it looked like he had bled a little at some point because of his sheets but I looked over him, and I was crying beside him that night. You're such a jerk, really. I am always nice to you and lately you've been giving me crap. And I don't need to explain anything further to you so think what you want about me. Jerk.

hey wtf are you doing online, aren't you at work?!? lol

yeah and PM5K.. "I wasn't going to say anything".. but.. he really doesn't know enough of our situation to judge. whatever.

angel_luv
12-11-2007, 07:46 PM

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you! :) :toast

LuvBones
12-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Just because I had a sick dog.. now I can't be around other animals and care for them. :wtf I care about animals more than people, I'm so grateful to have found this job when I did.

And I wish we had the same lunch hour!! But mine's at 12... =/

LuvBones
12-11-2007, 07:49 PM
hey wtf are you doing online, aren't you at work?!? lol

yeah and PM5K.. "I wasn't going to say anything".. but.. he really doesn't know enough of our situation to judge. whatever.I walked out on my old job just now. :p: Jk, I'm on break... I should be getting back!

EDIT: Thanks Angel! :)

johnpaulwall21
12-11-2007, 08:17 PM

CONGRATULATIONS LUVBONES!!!!! Hes probably being an ass cause he cant have u.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-11-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't think he's being an ass.

His argument holds weight, albeit light, IMO.

Not everything needs to be sugar coated.

johnpaulwall21
12-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't think he's being an ass.

His argument holds weight, albeit light, IMO.

Not everything needs to be sugar coated.

We really dont know the whole story so there isnt much of an argument, anyways she said hes doing better

12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
We really dont know the whole story so there isnt much of an argument, anyways she said hes doing better

It's not an argument, it's the intraweb. No one ever knows the whole story yet people always have a comment.

Some good, some bad. If you don't want the criticism, don't post personal stories/info.

Simple, really.

Shelly
12-11-2007, 08:51 PM
It's not an argument, it's the intraweb. No one ever knows the whole story yet people always have a comment.

Some good, some bad. If you don't want the criticism, don't post personal stories/info.

Simple, really.

you make Mother Theresa proud with your wise wisdom :lol

12-11-2007, 08:55 PM
I was thinking Caine from Kung Fu.

When you cease to strive to understand then you will know without understanding.

SA210
12-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Congrats LuvBones! Happy for you. :)

I like the whole holistic thing. Cool.

whottt
12-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Congrats Luvbones...

Just to prep you for this...
You are probably going to be doing a lot more than just giving them meds. There's an unglamourous side to it...for sure.

LuvBones
12-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah you're right whottt. Thanks. :)

tlongII
12-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Just because I had a sick dog.. now I can't be around other animals and care for them. :wtf I care about animals more than people, I'm so grateful to have found this job when I did.

Awesome! I knew you liked me!

Spurfect
12-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Just because I had a sick dog.. now I can't be around other animals and care for them. I care about animals more than people, I'm so grateful to have found this job when I did.

Awesome! I knew you liked me!

:lol :lol :lol

RashoFan
12-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Congrats On the new job offer. I hope you will be very happy with it. There will be bad with the good, But you are in a position to help those that you can. I am glad to hear you dog is doing better....is the vet gonna take a look at him for you?? I would hope free checkups and routine care is a benefit to working there... Let us know how your dog is doing.

Beno Udrih
12-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Awe congratulations LuvBones! :)

florige
12-12-2007, 08:39 AM
8:30-5:30 and weekends off and holidays off are sweet hours.... I can't remember the last time I had a full weekend off.

PM5K
12-12-2007, 01:50 PM

Screw me? I'm a jerk?

I'm not the one that said your dog had a broken leg and that it looked like there was blood on his sheets, you said that.

You are the one that deemed him to be in such bad shape that he could use a visit to the emergency vet, you just couldn't afford it.

If I was really a jerk I'd call your new boss and ask him if he thinks you showed Compassionate Care for your dog.

I've seen Animal Cops a ton of times and no excuse is ever a good enough excuse for them and I think someone that wants to be a vet should be held to an even higher standard.

At the end of the day you just have a lot to learn about animals, maybe he just had a sticker on his foot, maybe he was just tired that day, who knows, but I went by what you said and if that makes me a jerk, to stand up for your dog and tell you that if your dog was really as sick as you made him out to be that he needed to visit the vet ASAP, then I'm a jerk.

ATRAIN
12-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Screw me? I'm a jerk?

I'm not the one that said your dog had a broken leg and that it looked like there was blood on his sheets, you said that.

You are the one that deemed him to be in such bad shape that he could use a visit to the emergency vet, you just couldn't afford it.

If I was really a jerk I'd call your new boss and ask him if he thinks you showed Compassionate Care for your dog.

I've seen Animal Cops a ton of times and no excuse is ever a good enough excuse for them and I think someone that wants to be a vet should be held to an even higher standard.

At the end of the day you just have a lot to learn about animals, maybe he just had a sticker on his foot, maybe he was just tired that day, who knows, but I went by what you said and if that makes me a jerk, to stand up for your dog and tell you that if your dog was really as sick as you made him out to be that he needed to visit the vet ASAP, then I'm a jerk.

Seriously let it go, its over.

PM5K
12-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Seriously let it go, its over.

She called me a jerk for standing up for her dog and I'm supposed to let it go?

Then she pulls some shit out of her ass about me giving her crap lately and I'm supposed to let it go?

I'm a jerk, why would I do that?

tlongII
12-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Screw me? I'm a jerk?

Dude, it wasn't a case of you standing up for her dog. You said she was careless and that she shouldn't own a dog if she couldn't afford to. That was out of line in my opinion and therefore you justifiably received the "jerk" label.

ATRAIN
12-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Dude, it wasn't a case of you standing up for her dog. You said she was careless and that she shouldn't own a dog if she couldn't afford to. That was out of line in my opinion and therefore you justifiably received the "jerk" label.

This will prob never happen again but I agree with tlongII

tlongII
12-12-2007, 03:03 PM
She called me a jerk for standing up for her dog and I'm supposed to let it go?

Then she pulls some shit out of her ass about me giving her crap lately and I'm supposed to let it go?

I'm a jerk, why would I do that?

Oh, and another thing...she NEVER said the dog had a broken leg! She said the dog was limping.

FYI - I wouldn't take my dog to an emergency vet in a situation like that either. It's a cost/benefit thing. If the dog just got hit by a car I would, but just because it's limping and sick? No way. It can wait for the regular vet.

You were being a jerk.

PM5K
12-12-2007, 03:08 PM
It does look like his front leg is broken though.. it looks crooked

It looks like there's blood on the sheets he sleeps on

Did it turn out she was wrong? Yes, but is that my fault? No.

I went on what she said....

Beno Udrih
12-12-2007, 03:14 PM
You guys are so wrong for calling PM5K a jerk. Douche bag is more appropriate.

CuckingFunt
12-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh, and another thing...she NEVER said the dog had a broken leg! She said the dog was limping.

Actually, she did imply that she thought it was broken.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2114989&postcount=26

It's impossible to know everyone's individual circumstances online, which is why I held back on commenting initially, but I too was quite troubled by the lack of care that Luv's dog was (not) receiving based on what she posted. And, especially, based on the fact that those posts spanned a couple of days with still no mention of a trip to the vet.

I've had pets all my life and have always been of the opinion that they're like kids -- my pets eat before I do if ever forced to make that choice -- and if I were ever as concerned as she appeared to be I'd do whatever I could to get my animal to an emergency vet immediately.

Like I said, none of us know what anyone else's exact situation is, but by telling all or part of a story online you open yourself up to public opinion. Could PM5K have kept his mouth shut? Sure. But to act like he's a monster for voicing a concern is ridiculous.

PM5K
12-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I actually did keep my mouth shut, it wasn't until she said she wanted to be a vet that I felt I should say something, could I have gone about expressing my concern in a more tactful way, probably.

tlongII
12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Dogs are not people. They are possessions. To say you would feed your dog before yourself is ridiculous. We are not talking about a normal vet here...we're talking about an emergency vet. This would be much more expensive than a regular vet.

P.S. - I didn't see the part where she said the dog's leg looks like it was broken.

PM5K
12-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Dogs are not people. They are possessions.

And that's the difference between some of us, some of us would treat our animals as well as we would treat ourselves, and some of us would treat our animals like they are possessions, hopefully someone that wants to be a vet would be the former rather than the latter.

CuckingFunt
12-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Dogs are not people. They are possessions. To say you would feed your dog before yourself is ridiculous.Matter of opinion, and probably the heart of this argument.

The idea that a dog, or any other pet, would be looked at as merely a possession is, to me, completely fucking insane.

tlongII
12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Matter of opinion, and probably the heart of this argument.

The idea that a dog, or any other pet, would be looked at as merely a possession is, to me, completely fucking insane.

That is in fact what they are. It doesn't mean I don't love my dog. I do. But they are definitely possessions. If you stopped and thought about it rationally you would realize the truth of the statement.

CuckingFunt
12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
That is in fact what they are. It doesn't mean I don't love my dog. I do. But they are definitely possessions. If you stopped and thought about it rationally you would realize the truth of the statement.I fundamentally disagree, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

PM5K
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
They are posessions from a legal stand point, but that doesn't mean you could throw your dog in the trash like any other posession, in other words there's a difference...

tlongII
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I fundamentally disagree, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Well, you are fundamentally wrong. If you own your dog it is a possession.

tlongII
12-12-2007, 04:36 PM
They are posessions from a legal stand point, but that doesn't mean you could throw your dog in the trash like any other posession, in other words there's a difference...

No, but you can choose to wait for a regular vet rather than spending 3X the amount of money on an emergency vet.

PM5K
12-12-2007, 04:38 PM
No, but you can choose to wait for a regular vet rather than spending 3X the amount of money on an emergency vet.

I don't know that I'd agree with that, but I'd hope that someone who wants to be a vet wouldn't share your views.

CuckingFunt
12-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, you are fundamentally wrong. If you own your dog it is a possession.It's a living, breathing thing that counts on it's "owner" to care for it.

I can't think of a single other of my possessions that fits that criteria, hence the rules are a little different.

tlongII
12-12-2007, 05:18 PM
It's a living, breathing thing that counts on it's "owner" to care for it.

I can't think of a single other of my possessions that fits that criteria, hence the rules are a little different.

How about a plant? It's alive. Breathes CO2. Needs it's "owner" to water it.

Shelly
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM

Shit! I'm a murderer tenfold.

PM5K
12-12-2007, 05:22 PM

Just the same, someone that doesn't take care of their plants shouldn't be a botanist....

CuckingFunt
12-12-2007, 05:22 PM
How about a plant? It's alive. Breathes CO2. Needs it's "owner" to water it.A plant is not a sentient being.

tlongII
12-12-2007, 05:58 PM
A plant is not a sentient being.

I'm reporting you to P.E.T.O.P!

People for the Ethical Treatment Of Plants

Michael Vick
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I've come to learn that people really, really love dogs. Believe me.....I know.

12-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Screw me? I'm a jerk?

This disappoints me.

Too many words, not enough insults.

LuvBones
12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
This was supposed to be a congrats thread.. a good thread. I don't understand why some people feel the need to judge someone else here, especially with little knowledge of who the person is. To work with animals is something I've always wanted to do. I've taken classes towards it and have volunteered at vet clinics before. So for you (pm5k) to tell me I shouldn't even want to be a vet based on what I said about my dog earlier is ridiculous. My dad tried raising us to believe what he believed, like not going to the dr... we wouldn't even go unless it was something fatal. He definitely doesn't believe in taking pets to doctors. Now if I felt that way, it would be different. But I really care about animals and I do take care of them. Is this your dream job or what? Did I take something away from you? Leave this thread alone already if you can't just say Congrats and move on. You're not going to change the fact that I got this job. So take your judgements somewhere else.

LuvBones
12-12-2007, 07:13 PM
And I did say I couldn't afford to take him to an EMERGENCY vet. It could've waited, and I know when an animal needs to go to one. He didn't but I was still worried about him. I also said he was going to be looked at by the dr. my sis told me about... but you don't mention that anywhere. I never neglected him or acted like his life didn't matter to me. It was the complete opposite.

Kori Ellis
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
First of all, congrats on your new job. I'm sure you will love it and do great!

But .. really, PM5K isn't saying anything that bad. After all, in the thread, you mentioned the possibility of taking your dog to the vet. And a few people chimed in about emergency vets that were open and your response was:

:( I just can't afford to take him to an emergency vet...

And then you went on about how your sister knows a vet where he might be able to go or whatever.

By reading this, it SEEMS that he might have needed emergency treatment and the only reason he wasn't getting it is because you couldn't afford it.

Though I don't agree with PM5K saying you shouldn't be a vet (or whatever else he might be saying), you really need to go back and re-read that thread.

A LOT OF PEOPLE thought the same thing that PM5K thought - that it sucked you weren't taking your injured/sick dog to the vet just because you didn't have money.

LuvBones
12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah, and I knew when I said it that it was horrible. It did suck that I couldn't take him that day. I just don't like that he's saying I shouldn't even have this job because of that. I guess I should've elaborated on it more then but I was a little preoccupied.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I've got no dog in this fight.

*Pause for groans*

I do find it funny about the expertise coming from watching "Animal Cops."

tlongII
12-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Clearly I am the authority on this subject and all other subjects in The Club. Just agree with me and move on.

12-12-2007, 08:38 PM
I've got no dog in this fight.

*Pause for groans*

I do find it funny about the expertise coming from watching "Animal Cops."

Did you miss the whole "standing up for your dog" part? Cracked me up.

Back on track:

It could've waited, and I know when an animal needs to go to one. He didn't...

It did suck that I couldn't take him that day.

Thanks for clearing that up.

And I don't think PMK said you shouldn't be a vet. I could be wrong, but I think he was implying that it's a careless attitude for someone who is striving to be a vet.

The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.

CuckingFunt
12-12-2007, 08:42 PM
And I don't think PMK said you shouldn't be a vet. I could be wrong, but I think he was implying that it's a careless attitude for someone who is striving to be a vet.
That's how it came across to me, too.

BacktoBasics
11-04-2009, 02:07 PM
So how's the job going? Is the dog still alive?

PM5K
11-04-2009, 02:08 PM
You're such a fucking asshat...

:rollin

11-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Three Caine quotes in one thread.

Too much?

PM5K
11-04-2009, 02:11 PM
At least CF had my back.