PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Petrino

monosylab1k
12-11-2007, 06:11 PM
new Arkansas head coach. :fro
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3150783

Holmes_Fans
12-11-2007, 06:19 PM
I say he is there for a year, realizes they suck even worse balls because Dmac is gone, and flees for another job.

j-6
12-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Is leaving the NFL worth the seventh best job in the SEC? Hell, you can make a point of Louisville being a better place than Arkansas.

(LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Bama, Auburn were the jobs I ranked ahead, Brut.)

I guess if you wanted a splashy hire, you got one. And a heck of an offensive mind. I read somewhere that he's lost more games this season in the NFL than he did in his career as a college head coach.

I like the hire, but I don't love it.

TheTruth
12-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Bobby Petrino lost 10 of his 13 games as an NFL coach. He lost only 9 of 50 games in four seasons at Louisville.

TheTruth
12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
He's taking a pretty substantial pay cut. Is Arkansas really that desirable a job? He should have waited for Les Miles to leave for Michigan, then he could have taken the LSU job.

703 Spurz
12-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Boy I'm glad I'm not a Falcons fan. Talk about having it rough.

Oh wait. I've been a Dolphins fan for 15 years. Nevermind

:dramaquee

BeerIsGood!
12-12-2007, 01:02 AM
For Arkansas this is a great hire. For Petrino... maybe not so much. If he can make them a winner he gets a shot at another big time school down the road, but he has a lot of work to do.

RonMexico
12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
He's jumped ship on 2 teams in 2 years... just wait until the 'Hog fanbase jumps ship on him in 2 months.

Extra Stout
12-12-2007, 09:47 AM
A year from today...

LEWISVILLE, Tex. -- Barely 24 hours after another blowout loss with the Arkansas Razorbacks, Bobby Petrino was back in high school football.

Petrino was hired Tuesday by Lewisville High School, capping a whirlwind day in which he stunningly resigned from the Razorbacks after just 10 games. Petrino succeeds Steve Gaddis, who stepped down at Lewisville two weeks ago and became the head coach at Grapevine.

"Today was a day of decision," Petrino said at a late-night news conference in Lewisville. "It was difficult on one side, very easy on the other. It was difficult to leave Arkansas, the staff, players, fans. The timing of it probably is the thing that made it most difficult. Coming to Lewisville was the easy part."

Petrino got a five-year deal worth $50,000 per year to take over the Fighting Farmers, according to an athletic department spokesman.

"I knew I wanted to come back and coach in high school football," Petrino said. "I'm very excited to get back and work with the student-athlete."

Doug Collins
12-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Still awaiting Brutalis' return. Probably be a couple more days till the state finishes up their celebratory calling of the pigs.

Good hire though.

romad_20
12-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Giant douch is what Bobby Petrino is. I'm a lifelong falcons fan and this year is the worst. I thought it would never be worse than the late 80's early 90's but... :(

Pistons < Spurs
12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Still awaiting Brutalis' return. Probably be a couple more days till the state finishes up their celebratory calling of the pigs.

I saw that last night on ESPN.....and I must say that that is the most ridiculously retarded tradition I've ever seen in my entire life. I thought it was a joke at first.

Only in Arkansas I guess. :oink