PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Board is buzzing with 2nd Spurs Trade Talk

Indazone
12-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Rockets Board is buzzing with trade talk of T-Mac for Manu. Question. Would you do that trade? Why or why not?

SAtown
12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
1) No

2) --

MaNuMaNiAc
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
link to the board

whottt
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
No...

Tippecanoe
12-11-2007, 09:22 PM
do rockets fans have any idea what the salary cap is?

whottt
Because TMac sucks...

SAtown
do rockets fans have any idea what the salary cap is?

No

Obstructed_View
Fuck and no.

or

Wishful and thinking.

or

Fat and chance.

or

Haha and Rockettes.

Indazone
Don't know if you guys can open it or not. Clutch makes you sign up to read.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=138598

SpursFanFirst
Rockets Board is buzzing with trade talk of T-Mac for Manu. Question. Would you do that trade? Why or why not?

:lol Yeah. That'll happen. :rolleyes

jay014
12-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Rockets Board is buzzing with trade talk of T-Mac for Manu. Question. Would you do that trade? Why or why not?Getting tired of being eliminated in the 1st round?

Indazone
12-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Getting tired of being eliminated in the 1st round?

Well...I think the fans are starting to get real tired of "It's on me, T-Mac".

Indazone
12-11-2007, 09:26 PM
However, T-Mac when paired with the right players would be an offensive nightmare for other teams. I hate to think of what the Spurs would be like with T-Mac on their squad.

tmtcsc
12-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Hmmm, trade guy with 3 Rings for a guy with No rings and never got out of first round...I wouldn't trade Manu for anyone. No, really. Not Kobe, Not T-Mac, Not Lebron, NO ONE>

whottt
12-11-2007, 09:30 PM
I'd hate to think of what we'd do with TMac on our squad too...

Last time he didn't have Yao his team finished with the worst record in the NBA and lost 21 games in a row, second worst losing streak in NBA history...and that's definitely a record losing streak for a name player.

TMac sucks...

IF I'm down by 13 with 30 seconds to go...I'd let him on the court...other than that, I'd take Manu. Manu's a better leader and he does a better job of making his teamates better.

TMac OTOTH...makes no one better. Worst record in the NBA, 21 losses in a row...it doesn't get any worse than that.

kobe_bryant
12-11-2007, 09:31 PM
You mean if he had a 7 footer who has dominating inside skills? Several 3 point shooters? A offensive minded coach?

If he only had those right?

Indazone
12-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Umm Rockets are one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the league right now.

dougp
12-11-2007, 09:34 PM
T-Mac is a fragile, can't get out of the 1st round player - no thanks. Manu is a fuckin pimp, T-Mac is a fuckin gimp.

vander
12-11-2007, 09:35 PM
I would make that trade, unloading the church of Manu onto Houston would easily compensate for the slight loss in talent. :devil

ManuTastic
12-11-2007, 09:37 PM
No way. Manu better for Spurs. True dat.

ShoogarBear
12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Yes, but then you'd have the uncompromising hordes of the Church of T-Mac.

Sequ would make that trade. It'd be the closest the Spurs would get to having Vince Carter on the team.

ShoogarBear
12-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Rockhead fans now understandably think the Spurs are in the business of making stupid trades with Houston.

Dennis Lindsey would have to be CIA/KGB/CTU/SIS Dennis to pull that one off, though.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I would make that trade, unloading the church of Manu onto Houston would easily compensate for the slight loss in talent. :devil
I'd hate to think what the church of Tony would turn into without the CoM to keep it in check

vander
12-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Yes, but then you'd have the uncompromising hordes of the Church of T-Mac.

Sequ would make that trade. It'd be the closest the Spurs would get to having Vince Carter on the team.

it's different with these argies. no American player, or player from just about any other nationality, has such an unhealthily obsessed and obnoxious cult following as Manu does.

Indazone
12-11-2007, 09:48 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2ffeatures%2frumors

ESPN Insider says T-Mac might be on the trading block.

picnroll
12-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Rockheads spent years thinking Francis was a franchise player. Now the same Rockheads think TMac is a franchise player.

Indazone
12-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Rockhead fans now understandably think the Spurs are in the business of making stupid trades with Houston.

Dennis Lindsey would have to be CIA/KGB/CTU/SIS Dennis to pull that one off, though.

Lets see now...

Beno to Kings for nothing.
Scola to the Rockets for nothing.

Why wouldn't Lindsey pull the trigger on this one. T-Mac for Manu.

He's already has a history of doing this stuff. This one isn't even for nothing. LOL

some_user86
12-11-2007, 09:52 PM
:lol

Oh my god, it's a real thread. They're trying to be serious.

AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahhhahahaha hahahahaha

:lmao

Russ
12-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Manu = heart and soul. T Mac = no heart and soul.

Pop would have to be water-boarded to approve this. BS.

timvp
12-11-2007, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't trade Manu for two TMacs. TMac is a quitter. Quitters don't win championships.

ShoogarBear
12-11-2007, 09:55 PM
They really are pissed he took himself out of the game last night, aren't they?

exstatic
12-11-2007, 09:59 PM
TMac - ultimate talent, ultimate quitter.

Just to throw gas on the fire, this works after 15 December:

Hou - TMac
SA - Manu, Elson, Horry, Vaughn

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Add Shane and Yao, and Bonzi, and Brooks, and 2 1st rounders
and we got a deal.

m33p0
12-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Rockheads spent years thinking Francis was a franchise player. Now the same Rockheads think TMac is a franchise player.

that always struck me as being curious.

tmac for manu. no. the guy has no ankles. i'm still undecided over kobe-manu trade. i would i settle for tmac?

picnroll
12-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Spurs traded Manu and San Antonians would burn the AT&T Center down.

wildbill2u
12-11-2007, 10:03 PM
So far Tmac has not shown the will to win that Manu has in clutch situations.

m33p0
12-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Spurs traded Manu and San Antonians would burn the AT&T Center down.

that isn't far-fetched.

spurs already gift-wrapped scola to them. he give 'em a hand, now they want the whole arm.

easjer
12-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Eh, why not? Season is getting boring.

I mean, there are the obvious reasons why not, but for the purposes of entertainment and because I don't hate TMac, sure. Knock it out in fantasy-land which is the only place this ever happens.

diego
12-11-2007, 10:10 PM
it's different with these argies. no American player, or player from just about any other nationality, has such an unhealthily obsessed and obnoxious cult following as Manu does.

i guess you never met a kob- err, laker fan.

but go ahead, continue to make generalizations about a country. too bad you'd be hard pressed to name more than 5 "unhealthy obsessed cult followers," even counting the two new ones today.

703 Spurz
12-11-2007, 10:15 PM

Why would SA trade for McGrady? We're already successful enough with Manu, why get rid of him?

McGrady hasn't done dick in the NBA aside from score a bunch of points, hand out some assists and get eliminated in the 1st round

lrrr
12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm not such a homer as to say I wouldn't trade Manu for anyone. I would trade him for DWade, Lebron and Kobe (in that order - if the salaries somehow were made to fit)... but not TMac.

Please.

greens
12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I would never trade Manu for anyone...pure and simple...He's a true Spur in every sense of the word...the guy is unselfish, is playing brilliant basketball, 3 time nba champion, olympic medal, etc...

vander
12-11-2007, 10:21 PM
i guess you never met a kob- err, laker fan.

but go ahead, continue to make generalizations about a country. too bad you'd be hard pressed to name more than 5 "unhealthy obsessed cult followers," even counting the two new ones today.

sorry if I hurt your feelings... no, actually I'm not :p:

and I'm not generalizing a country, I'm referring to the group of fans who would follow Manu to whatever team he played for, oh and they happen to be nearly 100% Argentinian.

I live in SoCal, everyone here is a Laker fan, and none would become a Bull fan if he got traded there.

SenorSpur
I would never trade Manu for anyone...pure and simple...He's a true Spur in every sense of the word...the guy is unselfish, is playing brilliant basketball, 3 time nba champion, olympic medal, etc...

Agreed.

Folks this is flat out BULLSHIT rumor! I don't know where this shit comes from

Don't believe the hype!

Spurs DO NOT trade Manu for anyone - especially a guy with NO HEART!

Manu is a Spur for life.

SpurOutofTownFan

Because of peple like you I would consider trading Manu to the rockets. But hey.. I wouldn;t want the spurs to have tmac playing in our team.. that would be the end of a ring-class franchise.

SpurOutofTownFan
12-11-2007, 10:23 PM
I'd hate to think what the church of Tony would turn into without the CoM to keep it in check

Haha nice!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Wishful thinking on the part of Rox fans. :rolleyes

NO WAY DO YOU TRADE ANY OF THE BIG 3. Why mess with a winning formula?

Manu is a proven clutch pressure finisher... Manu is a winner at every level... Manu's ego doesn't come before the team... Manu is on a very reasonable contract... Manu does not suffer from chronic injuries... for this team, Manu>>>>>>>>TMac.

Mark my words, none of the big 3 will be moved before 2010, except under exceptional circumstances.

greens
12-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Agreed.

Folks this is flat out BULLSHIT rumor! I don't know where this shit comes from

Don't believe the hype!

Spurs DO NOT trade Manu for anyone - especially a guy with NO HEART!

Manu is a Spur for life.

Exactly. Manu is a Spur for life...He earned it.

Obstructed_View
12-11-2007, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't trade Manu for TMac and Yao.

Real Tomato Ketchup
12-11-2007, 10:35 PM
I would turn in my card and never look back.

Shaolin-Style
12-11-2007, 10:35 PM
That threads hilarious.They think T-mac is a somebody and Manu is a nobody. How T-mac is Kobe worthy in trade value.

Didn't think there were so many blind Houston fans.

Guess they run those Adidas commercials a little too often up there.

sandman
12-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Seriously, you would be surprised how many times the knuckleheads here in Houston bring up the TMac-Kobe trade scenario as if it were straight up both in talent and salary cap.

Of course, these are the same guys who call the sports radio shows 20 times a day to discuss passionately how Stevie Franchise is the one who can right all the Rockets' wrong, just provided he got the PT. Because remember how good he was 5 years ago? Remember?

Obstructed_View
12-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Was he ever good?

easjer
12-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Hahahah, sandman. We went out to dinner tonight with a friend who is a Rockets fan, and he took a similar line.

To be fair - he's fairly knowledgeable about basketball, and his argument was that Stevie F. had to be better than Rafer Alston.

But yeah. Heh.

sandman
12-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Was he ever good?

If you listen to fans calling in, he was The Franchise, The Messiah and Jesus Shuttleworth all rolled into one. Of course last year they rode Bonzi's nuts, so I think there is some Doghouse Player Turns Savior obsession in this town.

sandman
12-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Hahahah, sandman. We went out to dinner tonight with a friend who is a Rockets fan, and he took a similar line.

To be fair - he's fairly knowledgeable about basketball, and his argument was that Stevie F. had to be better than Rafer Alston.

But yeah. Heh.

As luck would have it, I work with a Clark grad so we get each other's back when our boss starts dropping Rocket smack. It gets weak when the only thing they can come with is that their washed up once-was is better than their struggling never-been.

m33p0
12-11-2007, 11:17 PM

But yeah. Heh.

that isn't a steep climb. beno is better than rafer alston. sam cassel is better than rafer alston. heck, i could name 20 point guards better than rafer alston.

Obstructed_View
12-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Maybe someone could spread the rumor that the Spurs are trading Vaginis back to the Rockets so Kill Bill will go bother them.

sandman
12-11-2007, 11:23 PM
that isn't a steep climb. beno is better than rafer alston. sam cassel is better than rafer alston. heck, i could name 20 point guards better than rafer alston.

Of course. But are you going to convince anyone that the reason your team is barely .500 when they were expected to battle for the West is because Rafer is starting instead of Stevie? Because essentially, this is what the fans are pointing to as the reason for all the struggling. Sad, but true.

And being the front-running town that it is, now Houston fans have gotten off of TMac's knob like they sucked off a scab or something. Things turn mighty ugly mighty quick around these parts.

m33p0
12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
the thing with the rockets is that they have failed to take advantage of their strength which is yao in the middle and they don't have a point guard that could convince mcgrady to give up the ball. people outside of houston has this perception about francis that once he gets the ball, he's gonna want to chuck it up himself. mcgrady would be more effective playing off the ball but the guard rotation has failed to convince him of that. compound it with the fact that yao, despite his size, is a weak defender, that mcgrady is made of glass and their most consistent player is battier who isn't franchise-material.

"Houston, we have a problem."

ludda
12-11-2007, 11:51 PM
the majority of the threads on that forum are mostly whining Rocket fans who earlier this season were trolling everywhere claiming that this was their championship year. When their fans realize that they're still 3rd best in Texas and stop making like they're real rivals to us, then maybe I'll take them seriously.
And hell no to the trade.

milkyway21
12-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Manu for T-MAC?Aside from the scoring title,

anyone can tell when Tmac happened to be a lucky addition to any teams?

Toronto w/ Carter, Orlando and then, with Yao Ming?

injuries and injuries and injuries...

thanks but NO thanks.

violentkitten
12-12-2007, 12:07 AM
poor rocket fan.

still living on the fumes of 1995.

little pecker hard because the 4 time nba champion spurs broke them off an average big for $7 mil in cap relief.

fuck you.

violentkitten
12-12-2007, 12:11 AM
trading manu for mcgrady would be worse than trading manu for bryant. neither scenario makes any sense, unless you believe the spurs need to gain cred with the east coast media in order to win a nba championship.

NZ Spurs
12-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Imagine facing Ginobili in the playoffs!

No thanks.

Actually Bruce on Manu would be quite the spectacle.

spurscenter
12-12-2007, 04:42 AM
TMAC for MANU

where do I sign.

thats highway robbery.

TMAC is the man

travis2
12-12-2007, 08:30 AM
that thread is funny...

travis2
12-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Here's a real gem from that thread...not about Manu for T-Mac, but it deserves classic idiocy status...

Yao is the gold mine and i can assure you 100% that we won´t trade him even if we are offered Howard, Stoudemire or even TD or KG.

travis2
12-12-2007, 08:47 AM
here's another one...

Only players I would trade Tmac for is:

Steve Nash + Leandro Barbosa
Lebron James
Dwight Howard + Rashard Lewis

m33p0
12-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Yao is the gold mine and i can assure you 100% that we won´t trade him even if we are offered Howard, Stoudemire or even TD or KG.

Here's a real gem from that thread...not about Manu for T-Mac, but it deserves classic idiocy status...

for stoudamire, maybe. no defense.
for TD and KG, i can understand. they're both 31 and yao is 26 or sumthin.

but howard? he's fool.

m33p0
12-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Only players I would trade Tmac for is:

Steve Nash + Leandro Barbosa
Lebron James
Dwight Howard + Rashard Lewis

holy crap! he's that good, huh?

xapatan2
12-12-2007, 09:25 AM
T-mac is : offen injured, has talent, but a marketing product ...

Manu is : a winner, a slasher, a mental toughness you do not meet offen in the nba, and one of the best 2Meters players in the world...

You just don't trade Manu... he just don't need to fullfill stats to prove his greatness...

Xap'