PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate the celtics....

xx.glitch.xx
12-12-2007, 01:53 AM
OK the celtics have been my team since i was little, on there 18 game loosing streak i wore something celtics everyday(hat,t-shirt,jersey). and now they are clearly one of the best teams in the league more then capable of dethroning San Antonio... and the best part is many elite players including baron davis, loul deng, ben gordan, Gilbert arenas, and even a.i have said they would love the chance to play on this team...and guess what there all free agents at the end of this season, and i know do to salary cap there is no way in hell they will get em all but if they get 1 or 2....noone will stand in the way of another celtic dynasty....and for those who say the spurs are the greatest basketball dynasty.....until they win 8 in a row and 11 out of 13.....they can never compare to the celtics...16 titles...how many are the spurs on...3?Celtics are number 1...like it or not.....

THE SIXTH MAN
12-12-2007, 01:55 AM
gay...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-12-2007, 01:55 AM
This is the Spurs forum.

Posts about your beloved Celtics should be in the NBA forum.

BTW, I don't hate the Celtics. I look forward to the Spurs destroying them in the finals.

xx.glitch.xx
12-12-2007, 01:56 AM
ok i said 3 titles..i was wrong 4...that what 1/4 of the celtics titles....

SpursFan0728
12-12-2007, 01:57 AM
how can celtics afford another player like A.I?

Celtics basically has 2 more years before they suck again..

THE SIXTH MAN
12-12-2007, 01:57 AM
How long ago were those titles won???

Darkwaters
12-12-2007, 01:58 AM
Why does everyone hate the celtics...

Because they're overrated. They have played a creampuff schedule so far and have yet to prove anything.

how many are the spurs on...3?

Before trying to make an intelligent argument against the Spurs (in a Spurs forum no less) perhaps you should do your homework instead of blurting out the first thing that comes to mind.

SpursFan0728
12-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Damn 16 titles are way better than 3 1/2 no repeaters championships

Go figure!

better than none and getting sweap miserably in the FInals :elephant

san antonio spurs
12-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Damn 16 titles are way better than 3 1/2 no repeater championships

Go figure!
what would you know about titles?
Go figure

anakha
12-12-2007, 02:18 AM
All I can do is quote myself because I've run out of creative things to say

m33p0
12-12-2007, 02:39 AM
wore something celtics everyday(hat,t-shirt,jersey)
:loser

many elite players including baron davis, loul deng, ben gordan, Gilbert arenas, and even a.i have said they would love the chance to play on this team
how is the celtics gonna pay 'em?

they can never compare to the celtics...16 titles
when was the last one?

how many are the spurs on...3?
err... that's 4 going for 5.

slayermin
12-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Parker>>>Rondo
TD>Garnett
Finley<Pierce
Bowen>Allen
Oberto=Perkins

Spurs Bench >>> Celtics Bench

Pop>>>Doc

That's the way I see it right now.

SouthernFried
12-12-2007, 02:52 AM
The only thing I hate, is when someone says "everyone" hates something.

I really hate that.

Cry Havoc
12-12-2007, 03:05 AM
OK the celtics have been my team since i was little, on there 18 game loosing streak i wore something celtics everyday(hat,t-shirt,jersey). and now they are clearly one of the best teams in the league more then capable of dethroning San Antonio... and the best part is many elite players including baron davis, loul deng, ben gordan, Gilbert arenas, and even a.i have said they would love the chance to play on this team...and guess what there all free agents at the end of this season, and i know do to salary cap there is no way in hell they will get em all but if they get 1 or 2....noone will stand in the way of another celtic dynasty....and for those who say the spurs are the greatest basketball dynasty.....until they win 8 in a row and 11 out of 13.....they can never compare to the celtics...16 titles...how many are the spurs on...3?Celtics are number 1...like it or not.....

Thread question answered by thread's original poster. Nicely done.

vander
12-12-2007, 03:15 AM
because of Bill Simmons

icem
12-12-2007, 03:24 AM
there is alot of celtic hate around here and other boards, but that is normal i guess, and i dont think it even matters that they havent played the suns, mavs, spurs, or jazz yet. people would hate anyway and just say well they havent proven anything in the playoffs yet. everyone is just waiting for this team to stumble so they can say "i told you so" and that is the truth.

and lets be honest people, the suns and mavs arent all that at this point and time. KG has always outperformed amare head to head and ray allen always plays big against them. the mavs will a little tougher because dirk can create some big mismatches but it seems clear to me they are easily on the the top teams in the west's level because of their defense. they have emphatically solidified themselves as a defensive team and that alone can keep them in any ball game no matter how much the offense struggles.

and just look at their losses... by two to orlando on the road in a game they played horrible, and cleveland where they lost in OT but would have won if allen didnt miss the go ahead free throw with a couple seconds left. this team is definitely for real.. and just remember, all this talk about western conf. teams, if the celtics make it to the finals they only have to beat one of them....

m33p0
12-12-2007, 04:31 AM
Parker>>>Rondo
TD>Garnett
Finley<Pierce
Bowen>Allen
Oberto=Perkins

Spurs Bench >>> Celtics Bench

Pop>>>Doc

That's the way I see it right now.

i disagree. oberto may not be as athletic as perkins but he sure is alot smarter.

haven't even touched manu yet. :lol

m33p0
12-12-2007, 04:36 AM
bill simmons and his father has never gotten over the loss of duncan in the '97 draft.

Kamnik
12-12-2007, 06:35 AM

because you have this walking crying asshole on your team

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/32979/20040901/garnett_punches_player_during_pickup_game/

urunobili
12-12-2007, 08:17 AM
i think King23 is showing us his frustration in advance about their future first round loss to the Celts in the playoffs.. or the Magic.. or the Bulls... or even the Pistons!!!

m33p0
12-12-2007, 09:15 AM
because you have this walking crying asshole on your team

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/32979/20040901/garnett_punches_player_during_pickup_game/

rick rickert>garnett :lol

SAGambler
12-12-2007, 09:28 AM
No one "hates" the Celts.

I think it's just that no one thinks they are as good as advertised.

The East has what? 4 teams that are better than 500 or above? I can see why everyone thinks the Celts have been playing pansy teams.

Let's wait until they have to get thru San Antonio, Dallas, Utah, Phoenix, and Houston before we ship them the trophy.

word
12-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Several reasons this year:

1.) The Patriots are from Boston
2.) Ray Allen is on your team
3.) The attempt to purchase a championship ala Steinbrenner style.

m33p0
12-12-2007, 09:37 AM

I think it's just that no one thinks they are as good as advertised.

The East has what? 4 teams that are better than 500 or above? I can see why everyone thinks the Celts have been playing pansy teams.

Let's wait until they have to get thru San Antonio, Dallas, Utah, Phoenix, and Houston before we ship them the trophy.

they are good. there's no mistaking that. i, personally, don't hate the celtics since i was a larry bird fan. its the bandwagon celtic fans i can't stand. they tear through a weak schedule and they're already calling themselves champions.

can't wait for the 19th to come and hope the pistons don't make a piss of themselves and come out swinging.

Rummpd
12-12-2007, 09:43 AM
What are the Celtics really? Three old (by NBA standards) players not good enough individually to get their teams into the playoffs (including RA a total jerk) + singularily lousy coach.

The reality of what the Celtics are = a fast starting over-hyped team will be seen soon enough.

sa_butta
12-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Several reasons this year:

1.) The Patriots are from Boston
2.) Ray Allen is on your team
3.) The attempt to purchase a championship ala Steinbrenner style.:tu

Rummpd
12-12-2007, 10:43 AM
"and just look at their losses... by two to orlando on the road in a game they played horrible, and cleveland where they lost in OT but would have won if allen didnt miss the go ahead free throw with a couple seconds left. this team is definitely for real.. and just remember, all this talk about western conf. teams, if the celtics make it to the finals they only have to beat one of them.... "

Or you can look it with reality - Celtics have played a cremepuff schedule and lost to the only competitive teams they have played (when Cleveland had James).

Mark it down - Boston is NOT going to the finals.

703 Spurz
12-12-2007, 10:47 AM

Were you even alive when they won their titles?

nkdlunch
12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
I would rather have the celtics win than the Mavs or Suns

nkdlunch
12-12-2007, 10:53 AM
rick rickert>garnett :lol

LOL that's a funny story.

seems like he fits right in with Gay allen

mathbzh
12-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Wow..you must have no life to keep coming into a Spurs forum and talk shit?
Obviously your not Spurs fan which is fine..but get a life. Ok we get it the Spurs suck..and...the Cavs are the greatest team on earth.

A new powerhouse is rising in the East. The greedy spirit of King James wants the One Ring (technically the First Ring would be more appropriate).
Varejao is back with him and nobody will stand against Lebron and his servants overwhelming power.

Chris Tucker is Lebron "The Lord of the Ringless"... a new ESPN blockbuster

bigfan
12-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Im just curious, dont these assholes have their own boards to post on? First we get Mavs and Sons fans, now this idiot?

Mitch Cumsteen
12-12-2007, 12:11 PM
That's not true. I hate the Celtics.

spursfan09
12-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't hate the Celtics. Spurs haven't played them yet so I could care less right now. You can have your 16 titles. Yeah thats nice, but this is a new millenium and so far Spurs >>>> Celtics. big time.

ancestron
12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I dont really like any team whose name doesn't start with "S" and ends with "purs"

Tippecanoe
12-12-2007, 03:53 PM
hey bro, nothing against you, but it aint too smart lobbying for the celts on a spurs board.

ATXSPUR
12-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Celtics bandwagon trolls are coming a little early this year. Did you guys have fun digging your gear out from under layers and layers of other clothes in your closets?

The_Game
12-12-2007, 04:54 PM
exactly... their schedule is a joke. Any of the lesser West teams would probably have a similar record over there...

No they wouldn't and you know It. It takes a great team to be consistant against the bad to average teams. Celtics are elite and will be a threat come playoff time. I for one am glad Boston are good again, makes the NBA far more interesting.

txstr1986
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM

I don't hate the Celtics, they're a storied franchise with a lot of history and great players, and it's cool to see them winning again after such a long dry spell.
I do, however, hat "fans" like you who think that they'll grow balls by talking smak on another team's forum. Come back after your team plays the defending Champs. Then you'll actually have something legit to talk about.
Of course we won't see you around here then because you're going to lose.

word
12-12-2007, 06:53 PM
I would rather have the celtics win than the Mavs or Suns

Not me. Can you imagine living with any fan from Boston with the bosox, Pats AND Celtics winning a championship. God forbid the Spurs get bumped in the playoffs but if it happens, whoever does it....move over, I'm ON THAT BANDWAGON immediately !!! Ray Allen with a ring....*shudder*...

Tippecanoe
12-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Not me. Can you imagine living with any fan from Boston with the bosox, Pats AND Celtics winning a championship. God forbid the Spurs get bumped in the playoffs but if it happens, whoever does it....move over, I'm ON THAT BANDWAGON immediately !!! Ray Allen with a ring....*shudder*...

hey bro, just take my word for it when i say a happy boston fan is 200 times easier to live with than a pissed off, heartbroken, anger consumed boston fan.

ChumpDumper
12-12-2007, 07:02 PM
The Celtics are ok, if overhyped and overrated.

I hate douchenozzle celtfans, though.

samikeyp
12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't care about the Celtics...I forget, does that make me a hater?

:lol

word
12-12-2007, 07:15 PM
hey bro, just take my word for it when i say a happy boston fan is 200 times easier to live with than a pissed off, heartbroken, anger consumed boston fan.

Maybe so, but which one would give ME more satisfaction ?

Tippecanoe
12-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't care about the Celtics...I forget, does that make me a hater?

:lol

YES :p:

xx.glitch.xx
12-12-2007, 07:55 PM
OK sorry about my original post, i was a tad drunk, the spurs are a great team, and so are the celtics..and one thing i cant wait to see is the celtics vs spurs championship...and whoever wins, god bless them, but tim duncan has always been my second favorite player after ray allen..

duncan228
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
...tim duncan has always been my second favorite player after ray allen..

Just curious, did you like Ray Allen when he was a Buck? A Sonic? Or just since he became a Celtic?

xx.glitch.xx
12-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Celtics bandwagon trolls are coming a little early this year. Did you guys have fun digging your gear out from under layers and layers of other clothes in your closets?

I had a larry bird jersey when i was 3...my dad was a celtics fan, my grandfather was a celtics fan, and now i am, and o ya i know there are alot of real long time spurs fans out there....but how many are only on the spurs bandwagon??? most likely half the registered users on this board...either way the spurs rank as my 3rd favorite team after the celtics, the shit seatle sonics

xx.glitch.xx
12-12-2007, 08:02 PM
when he was drafted, he was amazing with his 3 point shots...i just liked him him and always wished one day hed play on the celtics, i got a throwback jersey of him on the bucks and the yellow sonics jersey of his

exstatic
12-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Ray Allen is a vagina. He would be a perfect Sun. KG is a playoff choker supreme.

Mister Sinister
12-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Ray Allen is a vagina. He would be a perfect Sun. KG is a playoff choker supreme.
KG to the Mavs?

duncan228
12-12-2007, 08:18 PM
My only experience with Ray Allen came from being in Seattle when he was traded there. I saw lots of him. I think he does have a great shot...when it's on for him. But his personality drove me away from him. He whined constantly, about everything. Opposing players, refs, the Key Arena, (okay, he may have had a point there), anything and everything he could whine about he did. Including his own teammates and coach. It got in the way of my appreciating him as a player.

I'm spoiled, I'm a Spurs fan. Whatever whining they do, for the most part they do behind closed doors. I find that to be much more tolerable. Let your game speak for you. Ray Allen may have once had a game but his whining never let me near it.

ShoogarBear
12-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Because I lived in Boston for 17 years and had to put up with those assholes.

CarefreeAZ
12-12-2007, 11:46 PM
OK sorry about my original post, i was a tad drunk, the spurs are a great team, and so are the celtics..and one thing i cant wait to see is the celtics vs spurs championship...and whoever wins, god bless them, but tim duncan has always been my second favorite player after ray allen..

Please remove your lips from Spurs fans butt. I'm pretty sure the SpursTalk members really appreciate it when you incorrectly try bashing them for their number of titles, and than you want to kiss and make up. Boston Blows!

smrattler
12-13-2007, 12:35 AM

You got about half of those....

- Before Kennedy was assasinated
- Before Elvis got fat
- Before the Beatles invasion
- Before Cassius Clay (that was still his name) beat Sonny Liston for his first title
- Before Jimmy Hoffa disappeared

And the last title they won...

- Before anyone knew what a "PC" or "Windows" was
- The Internet concept wasn't even a concept
- Cell phones? Ha!! Nobody even had CORDLESS phones!!!
- Same year as the first set of Air Jordans!!!
- Space Shuttle explodes on live TV
- The Bears did the Super Bowl shuffle (just watch the video to appreciate how long ago that was)
- Geraldo Rivera had his own show and opened a secret Al Capone vault on live TV
- I think Ronald Reagan was still in his FIRST term?
- The Cold War was just STARTING the ending stages
- "Where's The Beef" was all the rage
- Nobody had figured out McDonald's would make us fat yet

m33p0
12-13-2007, 01:57 AM

- Before Elvis got fat
- Before Cassius Clay (that was still his name) beat Sonny Liston for his first title

- The Bears did the Super Bowl shuffle (just watch the video to appreciate how long ago that was)
- Geraldo Rivera had his own show and opened a secret Al Capone vault on live TV

:lmao :rollin :lmao

Kamnik
12-13-2007, 02:03 PM

- Before Elvis got fat

:lol :lol :lol

TampaDude
12-13-2007, 02:52 PM

- Before Elvis got fat

:lmao

Kermit
12-13-2007, 02:59 PM

- Before Elvis got fat

Don't forget these..

-June 19th, Len Bias, a first round pick by the Celtics, died of a cocaine overdose
-Not only did the Red Sox went to the World Series (They lost in 7 to the Mets) ,the Boston Celtics won the 1986 NBA Championship, and New England went to the the Super Bowl but lost to the Chicago Bears 46-10.

Jimcs50
12-13-2007, 03:11 PM
I do not hate the Celtics, they just did not get any emotion from me either way....they are......just eh...bleh.

This year however, I think all us Spurs fans will not like Boston in the Finals because we will be playing them in the Finals.

I do not like the Patriots either.

Now the Red Sox are another story......I love them. :smokin

Sec24Row7
12-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Its going to be so great playing the Celtics for the first time in what?... the end of February?

We'll see how those old legs (the tired 6) are doing after 60 games of 43 minutes a night.

ATXSPUR
12-13-2007, 08:22 PM
btw just for the record I am happy the celtics are back and think it is great for basketball! Now it is those douches called the patriots that I cannot stand.

dallaskd
12-13-2007, 08:23 PM
the celtics will collapse in the playoffs.

duncan228
12-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Its going to be so great playing the Celtics for the first time in what?... the end of February?

We'll see how those old legs (the tired 6) are doing after 60 games of 43 minutes a night.

We play them in Boston February 10.
They're in SA March 17.