PDA

View Full Version : Low post threat?

SKINNYPIMP210
12-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Besides Duncan who else got a low post game? I think the team is fine the way they are but it would be nice to have someone else to pass the ball to inside.

urunobili
12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
ah..... eh..... isn't..... :depressed

BonnerDynasty
12-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Exactly. None of our bigs have a decent post game. We have no Big who can step up on D besides Horry, and no big who can get the ball near the basket and post someone up.

remingtonbo2001
12-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Exactly. None of our bigs have a decent post game. We have no Big who can step up on D besides Horry, and no big who can get the ball near the basket and post someone up.

I'm going to disagree. This is going to be a tough arguement to make.

It depends how you define low post threat. If you're looking for someone that will put up similar contributions to Duncan, Parker, or Ginobili, it's not going to happen, as our cap is pretty set. Even a trade at this point, considering who's available (Yes we would all love Dwight Howard playing next to Tim) would draw more issues than any resolution. The combination of Elson, Bonner, Oberto is a great combination playing next to Tim. Each is CAPABLE of scoring 15-20 points, though not consistantly. Really, I wouldn't want another low post threat. I want a strong defensive minded center that can REBOUND. Fabs is good at rebounding, and has a high defensive IQ. He can be physical at times, but he is a little undersized. Elson defenitely has the athleticism to fill that role, and is capable of being a consistant low post threat. However, he's nearly 30 and his basketball IQ needs time to develope. I wish we could have had on hands on Elson a little earlier in his career. Bonner will develope into what Danny Ferry should have been before his injury. I like Bonner a lot. He has a lot of potential. He just needs to be accostomed to the system. These improvements will not be noticable until the Rodeo Road Trip, when the team begins to gel. To make any judgement before then is a little too early.

da_suns_fan__
12-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Do you know how many teams are looking for a low post threat?

ManuTastic
12-12-2007, 02:26 PM
I was thinking some of the same things, but more along the lines of: Elson is obviously, for whatever reason, not going to live up to his potential on a consistent basis. Berto is fine; his game has its limits, but he does some things really well, and he's pretty consistent.
So, all you league cap-and-contract students out there, whom could we land this season as a decent upgrade over Elson? No stars, of course, but just a solid contributor on defense and boards. Who's on the block?

ChumpDumper
12-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Jackie Butler is available.

remingtonbo2001
12-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Jackie Butler is available.

:lol :lol :lol

SenorSpur
12-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Last night it was Bonner.

AFBlue
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Spurs traded away their only two low post threats outside of Duncan and essentially replaced them with two defense-oriented prospects.

Can't necessarily fault them for saving money and getting younger talent with the ability to grow into better all-around players, but it certainly did leave the Spurs with a gap in the short term.

BonnerDynasty
12-12-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm going to disagree. This is going to be a tough arguement to make.

It depends how you define low post threat. If you're looking for someone that will put up similar contributions to Duncan, Parker, or Ginobili, it's not going to happen, as our cap is pretty set. Even a trade at this point, considering who's available (Yes we would all love Dwight Howard playing next to Tim) would draw more issues than any resolution. The combination of Elson, Bonner, Oberto is a great combination playing next to Tim. Each is CAPABLE of scoring 15-20 points, though not consistantly. Really, I wouldn't want another low post threat. I want a strong defensive minded center that can REBOUND. Fabs is good at rebounding, and has a high defensive IQ. He can be physical at times, but he is a little undersized. Elson defenitely has the athleticism to fill that role, and is capable of being a consistant low post threat. However, he's nearly 30 and his basketball IQ needs time to develope. I wish we could have had on hands on Elson a little earlier in his career. Bonner will develope into what Danny Ferry should have been before his injury. I like Bonner a lot. He has a lot of potential. He just needs to be accostomed to the system. These improvements will not be noticable until the Rodeo Road Trip, when the team begins to gel. To make any judgement before then is a little too early.

For sure. I'm just talking about when Duncan is out.

The Warriors knew we were not going to post up on Tuesday. Elson tried acouple times but took fadeaways WTF

Oberto is great when someone dishes it too him after drawing attention, or when he receives an awesome Manu pass. I just want a big besides Duncan to be able to demand the ball inside and be able back down someone and have a reliable hook or something.

txstr1986
12-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Besides Duncan who else got a low post game? I think the team is fine the way they are but it would be nice to have someone else to pass the ball to inside.

How about me?

MI21
12-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Other than Tim, Finley probably has the best post game on the Spurs.

m33p0
12-13-2007, 12:56 AM
a small forward with a hook shot to go along with good defensive skills would be great.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Who?

m33p0
12-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Who?

that's the question to be answered, hopefully, next season.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2007, 01:08 AM
No, who even fits that description?

timvp
12-13-2007, 01:09 AM
I'd say the second best post player on the Spurs is Tony Parker. He has some pretty good post moves for a point guard.

Although he does travel on a couple of those moves . . .

E20
12-13-2007, 01:11 AM
The midget versions of KAJ or Wilt. They haven't been born yet, so we're in for a long wait.

m33p0
12-13-2007, 01:28 AM

there was once this kid from Arkansas. i think his name was Scottie Pippen. when he was drafted, everyone was surprised. and they were even more surprised when the Bulls traded for him. he won a bunch of rings with some guy named Michael Jordan. he was said to be a great defender and could hold his own on the low block against bigger defenders. in fact, he only used 2 moves on the low block; a turnaround jumper and a jumphook. but this was a long time ago.

:blah :blah :blah

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-13-2007, 01:33 AM
a small forward with a hook shot to go along with good defensive skills would be great.
Manu can play with his back to basket sometimes. :lol

He has a hook shot now.

m33p0
12-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Manu can play with his back to basket sometimes. :lol

He has a hook shot now.

courtesy of jessie james leija, no doubt. :lol

ChumpDumper
12-13-2007, 01:40 AM
there was once this kid from Arkansas....Who is there now?

m33p0
12-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Who is there now?

some girl named Chelsea although i think they moved to new york. her mom's running for an important government post. err.. president or sumthin :lol