PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Republican Debate today

JoeChalupa
12-12-2007, 01:38 PM
I know most of you all dismiss debates but I'll be checking this one out to see what happens. I'm curious if Mitt and Rudy will go after Huckabee.
Mitt has spent millions in Iowa and wants a good return on his investment.

Mr. Peabody
12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
I know most of you all dismiss debates but I'll be checking this one out to see what happens. I'm curious if Mitt and Rudy will go after Huckabee.
Mitt has spent millions in Iowa and wants a good return on his investment.

I will probably watch some of the debate as well. I think more people would pay attention to the debates if the format was tweaked so that the candidates could not just remain on script for the entire debate. Some these debates aren't even real debates, they're just six or seven people giving their stump speeches in two minute increments.

clambake
12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
someone told huckabee to act like he's not from the stone age.

xrayzebra
12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
I didn't watch. So who won? Like it really matters. It is what
happens later that counts.

JoeChalupa
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I didn't watch. So who won? Like it really matters. It is what
happens later that counts.

Then why worry about a candidate's past when it is what happens later that counts? Who cares how someone voted or thought in the past when it is what happens later that counts?
To me Rudy didn't do as well as he could have and Fred Thompson had one good moment, funny one, but didn't impress me at all. He's toast.
Mitt did well as did Huckabee. But that is just my opinion and it doesn't matter anyhow.

clambake
12-12-2007, 04:54 PM
30 second answers that all add up to "I'm your guy"!

except for alan keyes. he thinks they all suck.

JoeChalupa
12-12-2007, 05:07 PM
You'd be surprised what one can say in 30 seconds. I know I use the "cut to the chase" line when someone is dancing around a question.

BonnerDynasty
12-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Answer questions?

Just laugh em' off.

scott
12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
You'd be surprised what one can say in 30 seconds.

"I don't believe in evolution" only takes 5!