PDA

View Full Version : Bonner

YODA
12-12-2007, 03:16 PM
So Bonner had a carreer night last night. My problem was I thought he was horrible. Granted the spurs didnt get calls and didnt shoot well, what bothered me was how easily they got in the paint. Bonner may have had great numbers, but his rotations were horrible,,real horrible. He can create space on Offense, but on the other end he needs alot of work.

Am I the only one to notice this??????

SenorSpur
12-12-2007, 03:24 PM
You bring up good points. However he hustled is ass off, which is more than I can say for the rest of the crew.

Vingianx
12-12-2007, 03:26 PM
He was hustling all night for rebounds

urunobili
12-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Bonner > Scola

that should be enough for today

timvp
12-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Eh his defense wasn't that good but it was better than usual. He's progressing in the right direction on that end of the court. At the beginning of the season, his defense was much worse than it is now. One of his main problems on defense continues to be knowing where the ball is while also guarding his man. I don't know how many times this year I've seen a player drive into the paint and Bonner have his back turned and oblivious to the penetration.

Last night, the Spurs' defense was very poor when Bonner wasn't in there. In the nine minutes he was on the bench, the Spurs were outscored 23 to 5.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-12-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't know about all this Bonner > Scola talk.

Bonner had a great game, but I think Scola would've been far more consistent in the long run.

timvp
12-12-2007, 03:51 PM
From last night . . .

Points Allowed Per 48 Minutes
I. Udoka 78.0
M. Finley 84.7
R. Horry 90.4
M. Bonner 92.3
F. Oberto 93.8
J. Vaughn 94.6
T. Parker 95.5
F. Elson 98.8
B. Bowen 102.1
B. Barry 107.5
M. Ginobili 107.8

Bonner last night was one of the more effective defenders.

If you want to get mad at anyone's defense last night, you should be angered with Manu. These number confirm what I saw with my own eyes which was Manu loafing back on defense. He wasn't giving any effort at that end of the court at all. I don't buy the excuse that he was frustrated with his offense because when Manu gets frustrated, he usually starts playing better defense. It was either an off game or he's beat up and worn down physically after those two rough games without Duncan.

YODA
12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I wonder if Bonner can even get better in his D. Maybe he peaked out.
I hope not. Lets hope he improves as the season progreses.

SequSpur
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Bonner is a joke.

TheAuthority
12-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Bonner is a joke.

25 points... 17 rebounds... clearly this guy is a joke. Guy has no game whatsoever. Learn a thing or 2 about basketball bro.

remingtonbo2001
12-12-2007, 05:55 PM
25 points... 17 rebounds... clearly this guy is a joke. Guy has no game whatsoever. Learn a thing or 2 about basketball bro.

:lol Why even try. It's Sequ being Sequ.

You'll say the sky is blue, but he'll be damned if it isn't green.
There's no logic behind any of his responses.

He just takes up the opposite side of popular opinion.
Doesn't matter how idiotic it makes him appear.

Manu-of-steel
12-12-2007, 07:31 PM
yeah, he who busts his ass jockeying for position all night to get 17 rebs, plus 25 points must be a joke.. as for manu, this could be an off night. same as TP. what a night for both of them

BonnerDynasty
12-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Bonner looked around, saw that no one besides Udoka and Vaughn were going to give a damn, and decided he might as well get the Spurs into the 80s so that they wouldn't get too embarrassed.

He was going to save the 25/15 games for the playoffs but his teammates left him with no choice.