PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life of a telemarketer

ashbeeigh
12-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm embracing it. Yes ladies and gentlemen. It is true.

Today I called this guy to sell him some phone products and the conversation goes a little like this:

Guy: "Where are you calling from?"
Me: "Texas..."
"Guy:"Oh really? A real Texas girl? That's hot..... How old are you? How tall are you? Are you married?"
Me: "I think that's a little personal sir.....Let's go ahead and take care of this phone bill...."
Guy: "Okay..if we do that can I tell you about my fantasies?"
Me: "I don't think so....."

So I do some business related stuff with him and call him back with some answers and the next conversation goes a little something like this..

Me: "Hi Sir, I'm just giving a call back with your answers...."
Guy:"Okay...and how will that affect my bill?"

We take care of everything and he talked more about where he was located....

Guy: "So do you want to go to San Diego? Have you ever been?"
Me: "No I'm good...Let me read you these disclosures and I'll let you get on your way for the day..."
Me: "reading......blah blah blah..."

I read some disclosures and I hear a crash and then heavy breathing and I close the sale...

Me: "Okay sir...my goal today was to provide you with veruy satisifed customer service. Would you have I've done that today?"
Guy:" Yes...could you stay on the line..your voice is soooo sexy...please stay on the line..."

Click.

:lmao

Off to work I go!

Condemned 2 HelLA
12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Sounds like peewee's on the mend already.

ORION
12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
I guess your not dedicated to going that extra mile for that sale

PM5K
12-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Well she did get the sale, sounds like he really enjoyed the blah blah blah...

to21
12-12-2007, 04:10 PM
So you guys do role playing at this phone sex gig huh?

Sunshine
12-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Anything for a sale, eh?

I'm on my way upstairs to find you...if you hear heavy breathing behind you, it's just me!

ashbeeigh
12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Anything for a sale, eh?

I'm on my way upstairs to find you...if you hear heavy breathing behind you, it's just me!

:elephant

CuckingFunt
12-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Poor guy.

mrsmaalox
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Poor guy.

Not unlike "HER"^^ Quattro boyfriends! :lol

CuckingFunt
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Not unlike "HER"^^ Quattro boyfriends! :lol:wtf

florige
12-12-2007, 04:37 PM
:wtf

:lol

KEDA
12-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Did he make an offer to pee on you?

How about smelling your dirty feet? I bet he would have loved that!!!

ashbeeigh
12-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Did he make an offer to pee on you?

How about smelling your dirty feet? I bet he would have loved that!!!

but your the best at that, Billy!

katyon6th
12-12-2007, 05:23 PM
What the hell are you doing working as a telemarketer for West? Your job search must've really, really been hard after graduation if you settled for that job. No offense to anyone who works there. Seriously. But you have a degree in Psychology, right? And you wanted to get into non-profit, right? Interesting choice of work you settled for.

ashbeeigh
12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Seriously. But you have a degree in Psychology, right? And you wanted to get into non-profit, right? Interesting choice of work you settled for.

Katy, I'm not happy with it. Trust me.

katyon6th
12-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Katy, I'm not happy with it. Trust me.

Is it just something to get you through the holidays? A lot of companies should start hiring after the first of the year.

ashbeeigh
12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Is it just something to get you through the holidays? A lot of companies should start hiring after the first of the year.

I'm looking for anything and everything during this. It's permanent for now, but if I find something that's better I'm outta here.

katyon6th
12-12-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm looking for anything and everything during this. It's permanent for now, but if I find something that's better I'm outta here.

I know I mentioned this before in your other job related thread but you should really consider contacting a staffing agency if you haven't already. There are over 200 in San Antonio that specialize in different fields and levels of profession. There's gotta be someone out there that can help you out.

PM5K
12-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I thought you were working at a non profit or something?

KEDA
12-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Katy, are you back at work?

I need some people and you were not there the other day, will you be there tomorrow?

ashbeeigh
12-12-2007, 05:51 PM
I thought you were working at a non profit or something?

Was being the key word. That was the summer.

baseline bum
12-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Telemarketing sucks. I lasted about 6 hours at The UCLA Fund in college. When they explained in training how to a respond to weasel a donation from an old lady who said she was living off of Social Security, I got up and told them there was no way in hell I'd ever do that, and take their job and shove it.

Using staffing agencies is a bad idea IMO. Why should you have to pay a tribute out of each paycheck you get for as long as you have the job you got through them? It's not like you're going to get an easier interview just because you were referred by Appleone, or some other shady-ass company.

Sunshine
12-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Say what you will about West, and it's all true, but if you need a job, they'll hire you. And it's easier to get a job if you have a job. Employers would rather see some sort of current employment on your resume than "between jobs". I started working at West 3 years ago with the intention that this would be temporary. I actually have a good job according to West standards...I don't have quotas to meet, I'm strictly inbound, I bonus every pay period and I work (as Ash does) in what's considered the Corporate Office building at West, rather than in the production building which is horrendous and I'm considered staff which makes benefits affordable for me and gives me 20 paid days off per year.

Do I LOVE working at West? No. Am I glad I've had steady income and health benefits for 3 years? Yes.

ashbeeigh
12-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Say what you will about West, and it's all true, but if you need a job, they'll hire you. And it's easier to get a job if you have a job. Employers would rather see some sort of current employment on your resume than "between jobs". I started working at West 3 years ago with the intention that this would be temporary. I actually have a good job according to West standards...I don't have quotas to meet, I'm strictly inbound, I bonus every pay period and I work (as Ash does) in what's considered the Corporate Office building at West, rather than in the production building which is horrendous and I'm considered staff which makes benefits affordable for me and gives me 20 paid days off per year.

Do I LOVE working at West? No. Am I glad I've had steady income and health benefits for 3 years? Yes.

:tu And I get a laugh out of it every once in a while. It was nice seeing you today!

Sunshine
12-12-2007, 06:14 PM
:tu And I get a laugh out of it every once in a while. It was nice seeing you today!

Oh no doubt about that! There's never a lack of, shall we say, interesting people to gander. Today we got to watch a lady run and try to stop a tow truck from towing her van from the Subway parking lot!

You're cuter than your avatar picture!

ORION
12-12-2007, 06:15 PM
I probably know a few people that work at WEST

ashbeeigh
12-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Oh no doubt about that! There's never a lack of, shall we say, interesting people to gander. Today we got to watch a lady run and try to stop a tow truck from towing her van from the Subway parking lot!

You're cuter than your avatar picture!

:lmao I saw that! I'm pretty sure she was able to pay them to take it off the tow truck.

And thanks for the compliment! :)

TheSanityAnnex
12-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Instead of getting a real job you decided to be one of those annoying telemarket intreders? :td

Sunshine
12-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Instead of getting a real job you decided to be one of those annoying telemarket intreders? :td

What's an intreder :wtf

blackbucket
12-12-2007, 08:23 PM
I did some telemarketing after I got my business degree while I looked for a more lucrative position. I did outbound, hardcore selling. Of course, I wanted to get into sales and it actually helped some what. It was good for my resume, launched me into my second sales position, and now I am on my third making good money.

Just use it as a learning experience regardless of your next move. It isn't that bad.

Spurfect
12-12-2007, 08:27 PM
you work at West right?
Well I have worked there before, a looooooong time ago when I first lived in S.A. Anyway I thought that was funny because I had a similar experience. I did inbound calls so people were calling me. This man called me about some exercise machine (something like Nordi-Track but I forgot what it's called). He basically jacked off on the phone to the sound of my voice. And I had no idea for a while until I figured out why he wanted... me.... to.... talk.... this.... slow and I could hear the heavy breathing and the uh, pumping.

so freakin weird. I don't miss that job AT ALL!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

blackbucket
12-12-2007, 08:31 PM
you work at West right?
Well I have worked there before, a looooooong time ago when I first lived in S.A. Anyway I thought that was funny because I had a similar experience. I did inbound calls so people were calling me. This man called me about some exercise machine (something like Nordi-Track but I forgot what it's called). He basically jacked off on the phone to the sound of my voice. And I had no idea for a while until I figured out why he wanted... me.... to.... talk.... this.... slow and I could hear the heavy breathing and the uh, pumping.

Did you close the sale?

Spurfect
12-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Did you close the sale?

Actually I think it was just for a brochure/video or whatever, like more information to send to him on whatever exercise machine it was. so what I was reading was his own information back to him to verify, I think. I don't really remember, I just know I was totally freaked out, lol

mrsmaalox
12-12-2007, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Spurfect}I could hear the heavy breathing and the uh, pumping.
:lol[/QUOTE]

:lol!!!

CuckingFunt
12-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I had a guy call my office about a year ago and jack off. He kept trying to make me mad at him, though, and (I presume) got off when I finally got obviously annoyed with him.

Mildly creepy.

Worst thing was that I didn't work at a call center. Just a tiny office in which I was usually alone. I still wonder if he ever came into the office in person either before or after the call. Ick.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-12-2007, 08:55 PM
you work at West right?

there's some fucked up people out there, that's for sure

Spurfect
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
there's some fucked up people out there, that's for sure

one other man called me once.. you know those commercials you see on TV about starving children in africa or other places, and they have a number to call and donate? Well this man called about that, he was like "yeah I'm calling about the children in need..." then he just went OFF! about how "those damn n****s need to keep their fucking legs closed and stop making more n*****s..." etc etc etc. Like really hateful angry words. I hung up on him but was shaking so bad, I had to take a break and go cry in the break room. it was horrible!!!!!

katyon6th
12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Using staffing agencies is a bad idea IMO. Why should you have to pay a tribute out of each paycheck you get for as long as you have the job you got through them? It's not like you're going to get an easier interview just because you were referred by Appleone, or some other shady-ass company.

I work in the staffing industry and can assure you that the company I work for does not take anything off the top of one's salary. Our clients give us a specific salary or range they want to pay the employee and we bill our clients at a higher rate. All of the salaries paid to our employees are extremely comparable in the market today. I can't say this for all agencies, of course, but you should know that not all staffing agencies are bad or a bad idea. Also, a lot of companies these days don't even advertise or recruit for their own positions anymore. Instead, they contact my company. I can totally understand where you're coming from, though. There's definitely a lot of agencies out there that leave a bad taste in people's mouths. Fortunately, I don't work for one of those.

Sunshine
12-12-2007, 09:41 PM
My West experience has been a fairly good one, as far as working for West goes. I never had any weirdo jack off to my voice, but I did once ask if I would hold on for a couple of minutes and I heard the sounds of sex coming from the background. :lol

E20
12-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty nice to these telemarketers I let them finish talking and then I'm like sorry I'm under 18 and the head of the household isn't here.

ShoogarBear
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Sounds like peewee's on the mend already.:lmao

ShoogarBear
12-12-2007, 11:01 PM
You're cuter than your avatar picture!:lmao :lmao :lmao

This thread is gold.

jman3000
12-12-2007, 11:12 PM
so chicks don't like it when you jack off to the sound of their voice?

got it.

ashbeeigh
12-12-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm pretty nice to these telemarketers I let them finish talking and then I'm like sorry I'm under 18 and the head of the household isn't here.

I used to do that...listen to their crap and say, "Sorry I'm not interested..." Now, after doing it for a while, I've decided the nice thing to do is say, "Sorry, they're not available, I'm not the decision maker..."etc to let them get on to their next call. I can't tel lyou how many times I've givenmy little speel about products to hear someone say, 'Oh...I'm the janitor I can't make that decision./" It helps me 'Talk time" but not my conversion rate.

ashbeeigh
12-12-2007, 11:18 PM

I used to do that...listen to their crap and say, "Sorry I'm not interested..." Now, after doing it for a while, I've decided the nice thing to do is say, "Sorry, they're not available, I'm not the decision maker..."etc to let them get on to their next call. I can't tell you how many times I've givenmy little speel about products to hear someone say, 'Oh...I'm the janitor I can't make that decision." It helps me 'Talk time" but not my conversion rate.

got it.

You are correct.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

This thread is gold.

I looked hot today, Shoog!

mrsmaalox
12-13-2007, 12:16 AM

Since when?! It just depends on who the jacker is !!

CuckingFunt
12-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Not unless it's invited.

florige
12-13-2007, 12:22 AM

Yeah thats how I am too. I normally say that the person that makes the decisions is not in. I figure they are trying to do a job too and normally try not to be to hard on them. Or in most cases now with caller ID I just don;t answer the phone.

CuckingFunt
12-13-2007, 12:30 AM
I interrupt and ask if it's a sales call. Most get tripped up and try to sputter some other reason for the call ("N... No. We're just offering an exciting service!") and I hang up.

JoeChalupa
12-13-2007, 09:03 AM
I've worked at West when I needed to keep the cash flow going. I also got my current job through a staffing agency. Both are okay in my book.

travis2
12-13-2007, 09:29 AM
I am firm but polite when I get a phone pitch...and I try to get off the phone quickly.

What I can't stand are the overly persistent ones. Look, I know they're trying to do their jobs, and taking the first "no" isn't an option...but when I have to say "no, I'm not interested" 4 and 5 times, my voice getting more and more pissed...does that person REALLY THINK they are going to make the sale at that point? Are they that f***ing deaf?

I actually had one try and guilt-trip me once...:rolleyes

As far as staffing agencies go, my wife got jobs on 2 different occasions (in two different parts of the country) working through temp firms. I know there are shady companies out there, but thankfully we have never had any experience with them.

PakiDan
12-13-2007, 09:32 AM
i THINK YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT SOMEBODY... ANYBODY GOT OFF TO YOU.

batman2883
12-13-2007, 09:34 AM
blah blah blah

batman2883
12-13-2007, 09:34 AM
spurfect!!!!

ashbeeigh
12-13-2007, 10:50 AM
blah blah blah

blah blah blah to you too!

Sunshine
12-13-2007, 10:51 AM
I am firm but polite when I get a phone pitch...and I try to get off the phone quickly.

What I can't stand are the overly persistent ones. Look, I know they're trying to do their jobs, and taking the first "no" isn't an option...but when I have to say "no, I'm not interested" 4 and 5 times, my voice getting more and more pissed...does that person REALLY THINK they are going to make the sale at that point? Are they that f***ing deaf?

I actually had one try and guilt-trip me once...:rolleyes

As far as staffing agencies go, my wife got jobs on 2 different occasions (in two different parts of the country) working through temp firms. I know there are shady companies out there, but thankfully we have never had any experience with them.

I have a totally different view of telemarketers after working at West and knowing what some of the projects/clients demand of the agents. Thankfully I've never done any actual telemarketing here, but knowing a lot of the supervisors and managers of telemarketing projects I can tell you that there are clients who DEMAND that there are 2, 3 maybe even 4 rebuttals before resigning yourself that this customer is not going to buy what you're selling. AND...if the agent doesn't do the rebuttals, they can get 'dinged' for it, are written up and if they get so many write ups in a 30 day period, they're terminated. It totally sucks, but that's just the nature of the telemarketing beast.

As for staffing agencies, I registered with a couple of temp agencies and my major complaint with them was that they would call me for jobs that I wasn't qualified for, or were in an industry I specifically said I WASN'T interested in or something 20 miles beyond what I stated my maximum travel distance was. But what I LOVED about one in particular was that they offered training on things like Microsoft Excel, Power Point etc. free if you were a registered client.

ashbeeigh
12-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I have a totally different view of telemarketers after working at West and knowing what some of the projects/clients demand of the agents. Thankfully I've never done any actual telemarketing here, but knowing a lot of the supervisors and managers of telemarketing projects I can tell you that there are clients who DEMAND that there are 2, 3 maybe even 4 rebuttals before resigning yourself that this customer is not going to buy what you're selling. AND...if the agent doesn't do the rebuttals, they can get 'dinged' for it, are written up and if they get so many write ups in a 30 day period, they're terminated. It totally sucks, but that's just the nature of the telemarketing beast.

Our project is an open script so there are a lot of people that are really persistent and others that aren't. I'm in the middle, but not that nasty "Wait...why? you suck! Let's get this done..." type of person. I can't stand that myself and understand it. We don't get nearly as much of a bonsus if we don't sell certain things and are threatened with being "reassigned" if we don't sell enough of some things. Those thirty days are brutual!

Shelly
12-13-2007, 11:20 AM
And this is why I love Caller ID. If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer the phone. And if someone does get through, I immediately say, "I'm not interested. Thank you." and hang up.

Sorry if I hung up on you, Ashbeeigh! "lol

JoeChalupa
12-13-2007, 11:24 AM
And this is why I love Caller ID. If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer the phone. And if someone does get through, I immediately say, "I'm not interested. Thank you." and hang up.

Same here. Heck, even I do recognize the phone number I won't pick up sometimes. Sorry Mouse.

travis2
12-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Same here. Heck, even I do recognize the phone number I won't pick up sometimes. Sorry Mouse.

Shelly
12-13-2007, 11:32 AM

:lol :nerd

ashbeeigh
12-13-2007, 11:40 AM

Tha'ts why these people need to buy Caller ID! Then they won't have to talk to me! :lol

Sunshine
12-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Tha'ts why these people need to buy Caller ID! Then they won't have to talk to me! :lol

I cringe when my boyfriend answers a telemarketing call. I never know what he'll do. One night, he interrupted the lady and said "Have you accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior????" and ended up keeping to poor gal on the phone for about 5 minutes TRYING to get her spiel in and just kept on "Have you been saved???" Another time when the caller ID said something about "donation", he answered with "Are you giving me a donation??? How much is it??? I need a lot!" :lol

Shelly
12-13-2007, 11:56 AM
I cringe when my boyfriend answers a telemarketing call. I never know what he'll do. One night, he interrupted the lady and said "Have you accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior????" and ended up keeping to poor gal on the phone for about 5 minutes TRYING to get her spiel in and just kept on "Have you been saved???" Another time when the caller ID said something about "donation", he answered with "Are you giving me a donation??? How much is it??? I need a lot!" :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Mixability
12-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Not unlike "HER"^^ Quattro boyfriends! :lol

XMas TRoLL
12-13-2007, 03:21 PM
My girlfriend worked at west for over 3 years. But not telemarketing she worked inbound calls for Cricket. In fact that one cop on the news the oither day that shot a man and is on paid leave lives in our apartments he was a west worker also. But most are young kids with tattoos and nose rings.

The job paid the bills and you could get OT almost anytime you wanted it. Funny thing is Joe Chalupa works for the company that prints the checks!

Anyway my point is, they are hiring at INFONXX its on wurzabach and Bandera road area the pay is good and all you do is say "City and State" around 1000 times a day if anyone needs a job.

they have a two week training and you get paid during that time.

If you have over 300 dollars you can get a job agency to get you a cool high paying job you don't see in the paper. Some of them will take out so much from each check until the 300 is paid off. But it's worth it to get a job no one else can. That's how my dad got a job

good Luck ashbeeigh and others who apply!

ploto
12-13-2007, 03:29 PM
I do not want to waste their time when I know that I am not interested. I let them finish their first sentence and then I tell them that I am not interested. If they persist a second time, I tell them, "I am really not interested and I am going to hang up now- Good bye" so I do not feel like I am just rudely hanging up on them.

Kori Ellis
12-13-2007, 04:25 PM

Staffing agencies, like Apple One, don't charge the employees, they charge the employers. They never deduct anything out their employees paychecks for their services.

Kori Ellis
12-13-2007, 04:28 PM
I work in the staffing industry and can assure you that the company I work for does not take anything off the top of one's salary. Our clients give us a specific salary or range they want to pay the employee and we bill our clients at a higher rate. All of the salaries paid to our employees are extremely comparable in the market today. I can't say this for all agencies, of course, but you should know that not all staffing agencies are bad or a bad idea. Also, a lot of companies these days don't even advertise or recruit for their own positions anymore. Instead, they contact my company. I can totally understand where you're coming from, though. There's definitely a lot of agencies out there that leave a bad taste in people's mouths. Fortunately, I don't work for one of those.

Sorry I didn't see you already answered baselinebum.

I don't even think that the agencies that charge employees exist anymore, except extremely rarely.

By the way, I didn't know you worked in staffing. I ran a staffing agency in Beverly Hills for several years.

XMas TRoLL
12-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Staffing agencies, like Apple One, don't charge the employees, they charge the employers. They never deduct anything out their employees paychecks for their services.

That is true but there is always that one person who works for them that will put you in the front of the line for a fee. If LJ and I go after the same Toyota job and I have 300.00 cash and he doesn't who do you think will get the job?

Plus you have to remember the last time My dad used this system was when he got a job at Merchants ice and cold storage back in 1977 and when he became a park ranger in 79 so times have changed since then.

XMas TRoLL
12-13-2007, 04:35 PM
I wanted to work at Ft,Samm taking groceries to the poeples cars since my father said they get at least 5 dollar tip each time they do it. He said you can make at least 300.00 a day and that there is a waiting list,

Well the man who had the clip board told my dad if he had 900.00 cash he would make sure I got the next opening so money does help when you want your foot in the door sometimes.

I ended up working for civil service and 6 months later they started to sub out the work to vender's and I got laid off. :lmao

Sunshine
12-13-2007, 05:55 PM
My girlfriend worked at west for over 3 years. But not telemarketing she worked inbound calls for Cricket. In fact that one cop on the news the oither day that shot a man and is on paid leave lives in our apartments he was a west worker also. But most are young kids with tattoos and nose rings.

The job paid the bills and you could get OT almost anytime you wanted it. Funny thing is Joe Chalupa works for the company that prints the checks!

I always heard that the Cricket gig was one of the best you could have at West. And you're right about the OT. DHL contracts with West to provide them with tracking and tracing agents, and during the holiday season, they "ramp up" and hire a bunch of temps and you can EASILY do 2-3 hours overtime a day if you want.

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2007, 06:02 PM
ashbeeigh, congratulations on taking advantage of your college education and landing the job of your dreams. Although the search took forever, you have finally found something you truly love.

ashbeeigh
12-13-2007, 06:35 PM
ashbeeigh, congratulations on taking advantage of your college education and landing the job of your dreams. Although the search took forever, you have finally found something you truly love.

eat shit mother fucker.

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2007, 07:10 PM
I wasn't aware that it took a college degree to become a telemarketer.

MrChug
12-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Ummmm...WEST?!?!?!

Listen to Navy Joe: AIM HIGH!!!

...or higher, or really get into something with stability like sanitation worker or waste disposal technician. What a waste of life. I was making 60 coming out of college in sales. TRY ugly girl, just TRY. :donkey

marini martini
12-13-2007, 11:39 PM
My Mom used to keep a whistle by her telephone, and blew it long & hard whenever a telemarketer called. I miss my mom :depressed

Me, I just pretend I'm a kid & tell them my mom's not home :lol :toast :lol

TheSanityAnnex
12-14-2007, 05:28 AM
I knew a communication degree was good for something.

angel_luv
12-14-2007, 09:16 AM
I didn't realize you were working as a telemarketer, Ashbeeigh.

Are you enjoying it?

I hope your company isn't one that calls people on their cell phones. That is super annoying.

katyon6th
12-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Sorry I didn't see you already answered baselinebum.

I don't even think that the agencies that charge employees exist anymore, except extremely rarely.

By the way, I didn't know you worked in staffing. I ran a staffing agency in Beverly Hills for several years.

Yeah, for over a year now. Got out of graphics and into this. Best thing I ever fell into.

Oh and as far as the agencies that still charge their employees a fee, those seem to be going by the title of "job search" or "career management" firms these days. I know of one that is in the same building as I am and they charge like $3,000.