PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on a spa or Masseur/Masseuse?

RashoFan
12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
I was thinking about giving my brother and his girlfriend a gift certificate for a couple's massage. Anyone have any suggestions for somplace that they can have a massage done together???

Kori Ellis
12-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Patricia's Day Spa

http://www.patriciasdayspa.com/massagetherapy.html

DUET MASSAGE for couples
Relax & enjoy your massage together with your loved one side by side.
SWEDISH 60 / 90 minutes $140 / $190
AROMATHERAPY 60 / 90 minutes $160 / $200
DEEP MUSCULAR 60 / 90 minutes $160 / $210

easjer
12-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Kori's rec is probably the best, but you might also consider Massage Envy if there is a convenient location. I'm a member, and the location I go to in Houston does couple's massage and their rates are very reasonable.

I love massages. Buying that membership was one of the best things I've ever done.

mrsmaalox
12-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey I always thought "couples massage" was something couples did to EACH OTHER, not simultaneously!! :oops

RashoFan
12-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the recommendations ladies. I will look into them asap.
You ladies are the best as well as beautiful!

easjer
12-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Hey I always thought "couples massage" was something couples did to EACH OTHER, not simultaneously!! :oops

I admit that I love that more than my regular massages, because the ending is so much nicer. :lol

We did a couples massage on our anniversary trip and frankly, I was a little underwhelmed. We were in the same room, laying near each other, and each had a masseur working on us. Mine was terrific and the massage was wonderfully relaxing, but for me at least, massage is an individual activity. I was working into a deep relaxation, which usually requires some level of self hypnosis for me. So SFIE was just sort of there too. We would have had the same experience if I'd had a massage and an hour later he got one, you know?

But that said, I still think it's a great gift and very thoughtful. I know the couple that had the massage time booked before us really loved the couples massage aspect. (I think it helped jumpstart their anniversary romance.) We talked about the massages the next morning over breakfast, and they were more into it than we were.

mrsmaalox
12-13-2007, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=easjer]I admit that I love that more than my regular massages, because the ending is so much nicer. :lol [QUOTE]

I definitely agree. Actually it's the only kind of massage I will participate in, the regular kind does nothing for me. My hubby has the Massage Heights membership, and I like that because after his appts he is so happy and relaxed and romantic. :eyebrows

RashoFan
12-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Well, that is one version...
My brother has never gone to have a professional massage, but his GF has. I thought it might be best that they have one together.

DannyT
12-13-2007, 12:42 AM
[QUOTE=mrsmaalox I definitely agree. Actually it's the only kind of massage I will participate in, the regular kind does nothing for me. My hubby has the Massage Heights membership, and I like that because after his appts he is so happy and relaxed and romantic. :eyebrows[/QUOTE]

have you ever been to that place its right up the street from where I live unless theres more then one location. I was thinking of doing this for a stocking stuffer, but wasnt too sure on it yet. still looking into it
:reading

mrsmaalox
12-13-2007, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE=mrsmaalox I definitely agree. Actually it's the only kind of massage I will participate in, the regular kind does nothing for me. My hubby has the Massage Heights membership, and I like that because after his appts he is so happy and relaxed and romantic. :eyebrows

have you ever been to that place its right up the street from where I live unless theres more then one location. I was thinking of doing this for a stocking stuffer, but wasnt too sure on it yet. still looking into it
:reading[/QUOTE]

My hubby goes to the one on Stone Oak and Huebner. I've never been there. My parents got him the membership for one Christmas; I would never spend that kind of money for that. I know they sell gift certificates for introductory massages for around $50. My friend gets hers at the massage school on San Pedro past North Star Mall. She loves it and it is about half the price. You can check the websites for either place.

2centsworth
12-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Spa D'Sante in Stone Oak is very nice and runs $35/hr. I've gotten a lot of messages and found this one to be the best value.

I have a licensed personal masseuse who will go to their house. i'll PM you her info if you would like.

DannyT
12-13-2007, 02:36 AM
My hubby goes to the one on Stone Oak and Huebner. I've never been there. My parents got him the membership for one Christmas; I would never spend that kind of money for that. I know they sell gift certificates for introductory massages for around $50. My friend gets hers at the massage school on San Pedro past North Star Mall. She loves it and it is about half the price. You can check the websites for either place.

cool well theres obviously more then one cause there one up the street from me off of Broadway

I will look into both of them and see what they have to off although I already leaning towards the one Kori posted....but i couldnt do doubles its just not for me

but thanks again and if anyone has anything else it would be much appreciated

spurschick
12-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Another place you should look into is ART Massage Therapy. I've had quite a few massages there and I love it.

http://www.artmassagetherapy.com/

ORION
12-13-2007, 10:11 AM
make sure you order them the "happy ending" special

RashoFan
12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
make sure you order them the "happy ending" special
Does that come with the magic finger??

ORION
12-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Does that come with the magic finger??
magic finger sold seperatly ........