PDA

View Full Version : Suns/Jazz

BonnerDynasty
12-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Anyone watching it? Pretty good D by the Suns in the 1st.

Grant Hill went down HARD in the 1st. Even I got nervous for the guy.

thispego
12-12-2007, 11:35 PM
alright, now that was funny, good interview from nash

BonnerDynasty
12-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Nash just chipped off part of his front tooth on Natl T.V.

SAtown
12-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Damn, good sense of humor from Nash. Wow :lol

Stargazer
12-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Nash in the first half: 16 pts, 8 asts, 6 rbds

... and chips his front tooth on the last play of the half, calmly hands it to a coach, strolls over and gives the halftime interview.

Coming up - Nash heals the sick, restores sight to the blind

SAtown
12-12-2007, 11:39 PM
It's nice to see D'Antoni's hissing-cat face on national TV as well.

RonMexico
12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't be cracking jokes like that if I had chipped my tooth.

Then again, I don't have two MVP awards and a multi-million dollar contract.

BeerIsGood!
12-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I give credit where credit is due, and the Suns are playing good defense - especially on the pick and rolls with Williams. I think it had limited their offense a bit because they are using a lot of energy on the defensive end. I'm impressed, I didn't think they had it in them.

sa_kid20
12-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Millsap is really working out there

BonnerDynasty
12-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Utah deserves to lose this game. Can't make any free throws.

ratm1221
12-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Shit! Steve Nash is one ugly bastard. Someone has to post the close up of Nash on the bench they showed with about 5:34 left in the game. That was funny.

RonMexico
12-13-2007, 01:21 AM
I give credit where credit is due, and the Suns are playing good defense - especially on the pick and rolls with Williams. I think it had limited their offense a bit because they are using a lot of energy on the defensive end. I'm impressed, I didn't think they had it in them.

Good call - they really did work out there and I was equally impressed. Good to see that kind of energy out there from them after they dropped the past 2 games.

How spoiled am I? Getting pissed about 2 consecutive losses... I could be a Mav fan or a Suns fan when Starbury was around.

Good win to start a tough stretch. Looking forward to the return to AT&T on the 17th.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Boozer's block on Marion was pretty fucking sick. Shame the ref's blew that call.

Could have been an OT thriller but Utah just didn't have it down the stretch.

Jeremy
12-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Shame the ref's blew that call.

Marion got it back, though, and dunked it, which was waived off because of the foul call. Boozer should have been happy with the call--especially since Marion missed one of the two free throws!

Amuseddaysleeper
12-13-2007, 02:00 AM
what did nash say that was so funny?

word
12-13-2007, 02:33 AM
Shit! Steve Nash is one ugly bastard. Someone has to post the close up of Nash on the bench they showed with about 5:34 left in the game. That was funny.

http://content9.flixster.com/question/36/36/34/3636343_std.jpg

J.T.
12-13-2007, 03:18 AM
what did nash say that was so funny?

They interviewed him after he chipped his tooth and Nash spoke in a lisp. I thought Mike Breen saying "Amare Stoudemire, a defensive presence!" after a Utah play broke down was funnier, though.

Xylus
12-13-2007, 03:22 AM
I was at the game. Some impressions:

-The Suns played good D all night. Deron Williams didn't seem to make much of an impact, since the team did a good job of masking Nash's deficiencies on defense. Boozer was awesome, as usual, but most of his points came off fadeaway jumpers, with Marion's hand in his face. The only real head-scratcher was Amare Stoudemire, who blocked a lot of shots, but couldn't seem to keep Millsap out of the paint. He was good on help defense, it seemed, but needed help guarding his own man. Over the years, it seems like Stoudemire's become even more of a liability on defense. He's so apprehensive about getting physical because he doesn't want to get in foul trouble, and it's really affected his game. That's apart from the fact that he doesn't have good footwork in the first place. Otherwise, the Suns played with a lot of effort on that end of the court, and it kept them in the game.

-Shawn Marion dominated this game. He was extremely active defensively, racking up 5 blocked shots, 2 steals, and only one personal foul...guarding Carlos Boozer. That's along with 26 very loud points and 15 rebounds. He made big shot after big shot, while setting the tone defensively.

-The Phoenix crowd is really fucking quiet sometimes, and it pisses me off. I was one of the few loud fans in my section, unfortunately. The game was tight all night long, but the crowd only really got into it late in the 4th quarter. It's not a surprise that the team tends to play down to their competition at home, when there's not a rowdy crowd backing them.

-Skinner only played 9 minutes. WHAT. THE. FUCK. D'Antoni needs to pull his head out of his fucking ass already and play the guy 25 minutes or more. The guy's all energy and enthusiasm. When he's on the court, he's the guy I'm paying attention to.

Interesting stat: Suns are 10-1 against teams above .500. That also means they're 7-5 against teams below .500...

PoleSmoking
12-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Anyone watching it? Pretty good D by the Suns in the 1st.

Grant Hill went down HARD in the 1st. Even I got nervous for the guy.

Freaking awesome D by the Suns ... not just for the first, but the whole game. Wow. And good D by the Jazz too. Great game. Definitely lived up to the hype.

The result only raises the question now: if the Suns can play ridiculous D like this for one game, why not every night? They apparently have the ability and talent, judging by this game. I mean, shit, Amare and Marion almost totally shut down the lane in this one ... but why just tonight? Why not give the effort every night?

Sorry to put a dark cloud on an otherwise impressive win for the Suns, but, really ... why not every night? If they played like this on defense every night, they would win 70 games and a title every year. For real.

PoleSmoking
12-13-2007, 04:03 AM
Boozer's block on Marion was pretty fucking sick. Shame the ref's blew that call.

Could have been an OT thriller but Utah just didn't have it down the stretch.

I just watched that block again for the second time tonight (the game is on replay on ESPN), and it was almost a great play. But Boozer came in with hard contact all over Marion's elbow and lower arm ... which is a foul. If he had just got ball, great block.

If you want an example of a great block, I refer you to pretty much all of Marion's and Amare's blocks in this game ... including the block Amare had on Boozer in the first quarter that they incorrectly called a foul. Amare got hand, but the hand touching the ball is now an extension of the ball by official league rule book.

Jonah
12-13-2007, 06:19 AM
D'Antoni is one ugly cun*

TampaDude
12-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Nash...he's got moxie...broken nose, no problem...broken tooth, no problem... :lol

Nashfan
12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Freaking awesome D by the Suns ... not just for the first, but the whole game. Wow. And good D by the Jazz too. Great game. Definitely lived up to the hype.

The result only raises the question now: if the Suns can play ridiculous D like this for one game, why not every night? They apparently have the ability and talent, judging by this game. I mean, shit, Amare and Marion almost totally shut down the lane in this one ... but why just tonight? Why not give the effort every night?

Sorry to put a dark cloud on an otherwise impressive win for the Suns, but, really ... why not every night? If they played like this on defense every night, they would win 70 games and a title every year. For real.

That is the big question most Suns fans ask about this team. Why not play like this all the time??? :(

fitzgerald
12-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Two reasons. Their coach doesn't care about defense. He doesn't emphasize it. They are not held accountable if they don't.

Secondly, the players don't care to also. It takes a lot of energy to play good defense. They are offensive players and are too lazy to play defense.
This is true for many other teams (including Dallas). If you have a leader (coach) that will demand it, then you will play consistent defense.

yourcheatinheart
12-13-2007, 04:59 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/steve-nash.png