PDA

View Full Version : Are the SPURS peaking to soon?

mouse
12-12-2007, 11:42 PM
What good is the regular season if you end up choking in the playoffs? (take it from a Mavs Fan)

will this "fantastic" regular season record keep your your team out of the finals due to injuries and energy?

Are the SPURS peaking to soon?

:wakeup

ChumpDumper
12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
What good is the regular season if you end up choking in the playoffs?What was it like?

E20
12-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Mouse must be lost, this isn't a Mavs forum and he must think the word SPURS means Mavs.

remingtonbo2001
12-12-2007, 11:46 PM
What?!?!?

They need to make a scratching head smilie specifically for this thread?

BonnerDynasty
12-12-2007, 11:47 PM
lol they aren't even close to playoff form.

freemeat
12-12-2007, 11:53 PM
They're defense is terrible right now and the main rotation players aren't getting quite the minutes they do in the playoffs...

They have a long way to go before they hit this season's pinnacle. Usually that happens around late spring or early summer, anyway.

smrattler
12-12-2007, 11:59 PM
If their defense was something better than good (instead of awful like it is), then I might worry.

But the defense suuuuuuuuuucks and TP has been playing in mud. TD was in a slump.

Manu might be the only one that is playing great ball really. Everyone else has a lot of room to get better. We're just winning because we're good enough to win most nights without our best. We shoot ourselves out of trouble most nights, just keep firing 3 pointers when all goes to crap and we're right back in it.

Pop had to hold out TD an extra night or two to get some attention-getting losses!

mouse
12-13-2007, 12:07 AM
They're defense is terrible right now and the main rotation players aren't getting quite the minutes they do in the playoffs...

They have a long way to go before they hit this season's pinnacle. Usually that happens around late spring or early summer, anyway.

^ Good take!
nice to see some.... (not many)... Spurstalk posters still show a few traces of old school blood cells left in their DNA!(thank GOD for CSI)

they can find the real fan......

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/untitled.jpg

mouse
12-13-2007, 12:21 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/tim-avatar.jpg

Duncan can only do so much!

easjer
12-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Nah. The effort and energy isn't there (the two games last week may be held out of the equation in general). They are winning a lot, but they aren't expending a ton of energy to do it (as the Mavs did in the early part of last season). Likewise, they are showing signs of improvement and better cohesion and have had some excellent learning experiences along the way that will serve them in good stead - they aren't coasting to wins and having no real preparation for the playoffs (as the Mavs did the latter part of the season).

There is much to be tightened up and much to be fixed and at this point, few concerns about minutes, fatigue or injury, so no real cause for concern. The wins are just a bonus, as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I wouldn't mind a bit more effort (or at least consistent effort, since the GS game was pretty pitiful, but even those games are allowed on the rare occasion without flipping me out), especially on D.

Ignignokt
12-13-2007, 12:25 AM
What good is the regular season if you end up choking in the playoffs? (take it from a Mavs Fan)

will this "fantastic" regular season record keep your your team out of the finals due to injuries and energy?

It took a spur to unseat the Spurs.

/in response to your signature.

Duncan
12-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Kiss my silver and Black ass!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/spurs-2.jpg

duncan228
12-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Duncan-that is one of the best sigs you've made.
I think your work is great, but that one is really cool.

E20
12-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Duncan is in fact Mouse.

duncan228
12-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Duncan is in fact Mouse.

I know that.
My reference to his "work" was to mouse.

I usually respond to him under whatever name he's using at that moment.
I figure if he's going to all the trouble to use his aliases I can at least talk to them.

Russ
12-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Speaking

of peaking,

is mouse

in the house? :drunk

Typhoon
12-13-2007, 01:19 AM
........................................__........ ..............................................
.................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... ...............
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.....................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ........
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\................ .............
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,. ...................
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.... .....
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

E20
12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
I know that.
My reference to his "work" was to mouse.

I usually respond to him under whatever name he's using at that moment.
I figure if he's going to all the trouble to use his aliases I can at least talk to them.
Thanks a lot for making me look stupid.

duncan228
12-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Thanks a lot for making me look stupid.

Sorry you feel that way.
It was not my intention.

I guess you were trying to be helpful by telling me it was mouse.

I simply tried to explain why I referred to mouse as Duncan.
I assume most of us that have been here a while know most of mouse's aliases. Or at least we can guess by the way he talks in his posts. And by his gifs. (Which I do think are great.)

Again E20, I did not mean any ill will towards you.
I'm sorry if it came across that way.

Peace? :)

E20
12-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Sorry you feel that way.
It was not my intention.

I guess you were trying to be helpful by telling me it was mouse.

I simply tried to explain why I referred to mouse as Duncan.
I assume most of us that have been here a while know most of mouse's aliases. Or at least we can guess by the way he talks in his posts. And by his gifs. (Which I do think are great.)

Again E20, I did not mean any ill will towards you.
I'm sorry if it came across that way.

Peace? :)
I was actually kidding/semi-sarcastic m'am. :lol

duncan228
12-13-2007, 02:01 AM
I was actually kidding/semi-sarcastic m'am. :lol

That's it.
We need a sarcasm smilie on this board pronto!
Who has the power to make such a thing happen? Kori?

It's the only "emotion" that's impossible to read on a message board.

Although your "m'am" came through loud and clear! :lmao

But...I am glad you weren't upset by my answer. :)

mouse
12-13-2007, 12:54 PM
You guys can clown around all you want and make jokes all night long! But the truth is when the playoffs come around and your Spurs are tired and worn out from peaking to soon and go on a 8 game losing streak you will find it hard to smile when the Mighty Dallas Mavericks win the 2008 NBA Championship trophy!

Vingianx
12-13-2007, 12:59 PM

You must be high....

and don't forget it took a Spur (Avery Johnson) to get the Mavs past San Antonio....

SouthernFried
12-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Actually...I think many have this concern. I do. All these injuries to our big 3 might be a resulting factor.

But, it IS early in the season. They have time to get over them. Better now, than a coupla months from now. I can see Pop thinking..."whoa, lets slow down a little."

Mebbe if the Mavs had some early season injuries it coulda helped them?

nahhhhh...

SpurOutofTownFan
12-13-2007, 03:58 PM

Let me rephrase your question: will the Mavs ever recover from their slow start? Are they thinking they can adjust like the Spurs have come playoff time?

batboy
12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
........................................__........ ..............................................
.................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... ...............
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.....................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ........
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\................ .............
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,. ...................
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.... .....
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

https://webspace.utexas.edu/warnerwt/picard-facepalm.jpg

td4mvp21
12-13-2007, 06:34 PM
If the defense was there, and the rotations, then yeah, I'd be worried about peaking too soon. But the only thing we really have going for us right now is the offense.

FromWayDowntown
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
You guys can clown around all you want and make jokes all night long! But the truth is when the playoffs come around and your Spurs are tired and worn out from peaking to soon and go on a 8 game losing streak you will find it hard to smile when the Mighty Dallas Mavericks win the 2008 NBA Championship trophy!

An 8 game losing streak in one playoff season would probably be a record. I'll admit that I'm just guessing on that one, though.

smrattler
12-13-2007, 09:03 PM
An 8 game losing streak in one playoff season would probably be a record. I'll admit that I'm just guessing on that one, though.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

freemeat
12-14-2007, 02:26 AM

The Mavs got close. They've lost 8 of their last 10 playoff games! :lol

Russ
12-14-2007, 11:03 PM
The Mavs got close. They've lost 8 of their last 10 playoff games! :lol
But to be fair to the Mavs, they got those two wins against an eight seed. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

T Park.
12-14-2007, 11:43 PM
The way the Spurs are playing now the answer is yes!

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

m33p0
12-14-2007, 11:55 PM

http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/orly.jpg

bdictjames
12-15-2007, 12:13 AM
You call this 'peaking'? We're 27th in the league in field goal percentage defense, or so I've heard.