PDA

View Full Version : was this the most impressive outing by tp?

ducks
12-28-2004, 11:36 PM
he played gp then turned around and had to play nash :hat

samikeyp
12-29-2004, 12:37 AM
yes.

whottt
12-29-2004, 12:40 AM
IMO his most impressive outing to date was the last Sacremento game in 02-03...the one where he scored like 19 points in the first quarter and destroyed Bibby and BoJax on offense and defense...what's different now is his consistency and his ability to summon the part of his game that he needs when he needs it...back then it was just a matter of if he was on or not...

His first 2 games against LA in last years playoffs were pretty impressive as well.

Mr. Body
12-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Nash is terrible on defense and there's no help in Phoenix, so this is tempered somewhat. It's not like Parker had to surmount incredible odds. But YES, ABSOLUTELY was this a great effort by him. Has he turned the corner?

spursfaninla
12-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Parker is not going to be this good from the field with regularity. He played his best game of the year, by far, and I'm very impressed, but scoring 18ppg consistently would impress me more.

If he maintains that for 20 more games, I would call him top 5.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Now that Tony has settled down and isn't trying to prove he deserves the contract he just got, he's playing the kind of ball that got him said contract.

He's just going to get better.

Rick Von Braun
12-29-2004, 01:48 AM
yes

Sense
12-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Of the Season, of course!

Throughout his career? Of course not!

He's owned Nash before... and he got a championship to prove he was the better pointguard at the critical points.

SequSpur
12-29-2004, 02:00 AM
He was great, but Phoenix didn't even guard him on the screen rolls, it was layup city.

T Park
12-29-2004, 02:24 AM
He's just going to get better.

according to some on this forum, hes

"Already peaked"

pepito51
12-29-2004, 02:48 AM
and he just played 30 minutes.... so guess how much he could have done with more time.... Tp improves his games when the opponent point guard doesnt defend him.... and them he makes play the others when center or forwards dont defend on manu or tim.... i think that's how a point guard should play... and this you can't even see it on the assist level.... It's easy to make assist when you have a running game... but Tp is most of the time the first one to arrive on a fast break.... he just have to be consistet and he wll be one of the greatest but before all, the safest point guard of the league... and for the spurs , that's what they need....

boutons
12-29-2004, 06:56 AM
'he just played 30 minutes"

I was surprised, based on how many minutes PHX starters usually play, that Nash, espeically hurting us so badly early on, sat so long in the first half.

TwoHandJam
12-29-2004, 11:12 AM
What has impressed me most about Tony lately is his consistency on defense. He has really turned the corner in that respect. He absolutely shut down Nash's penetrations after the first quarter and forced Nash into a lot of hurried shots and passes.

He was definitely the straw that stirred the drink last night. If Tony can play like that consistently then the Tim-Tony combo should prove to be nearly unstoppable. Keep it up Tony! Kudos!