PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady or Jesus Christ?

Chris Duel
12-13-2007, 01:37 AM
On one hand, okay, Jesus Christ is the Lord of Lords and the Prince of Peace. That's pretty impressive.

However...

Tom Brady has led his team to 13-0.

Bob Griese didn't even do that with the '72 Dolphins (if you are old enough to remember, Earl Morral had a lot of those victories at QB).

Could Jesus throw such a tight spiral? Could He drop back and scramble in that flowing, white robe? The sandals would certainly be slippery on astroturf.

Would Jesus be 13-0 if he was QB? Even Roger Staubach never did that.

Get back with me if Brady goes 19-0.

Chris Duel
12-13-2007, 01:41 AM
http://wcfl2002.football.sportsline.com/images/news/bradychrist2.gif

I'm just sayin'

J.T.
12-13-2007, 03:15 AM
Jesus Christ would play defense and change the ball's trajectory so that it would come to his hands.

bostonguy
12-13-2007, 04:05 AM
Tom Brady>>>Any qb in nfl history. He is that damn good!

J.T.
12-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Tom Brady>>>Any qb in nfl history. He is that damn good!

We've already pointed out to you that Brady is only having this good a year because of Moss... if he was such a great QB then why hasn't he been at the top of the league until now? Kill yourself.

bostonguy
12-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Kill yourself.

No thanks. Suicide isnt something that interests me.

J.T.
12-13-2007, 06:54 AM
At least he indirectly admits we're right by avoiding one of his trademark BS comments like "The stats don't lie! Brady best ever! Pats greatest team ever!"

Seriously, you lost all credibility when you said Stephen Gostkowski is the best kicker of all time. :lmao

JamStone
12-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Who's on Jesus' O-line? Who's his offensive coordinator? If it's Moses, he has a chance.

JamStone
12-13-2007, 08:32 AM
"First of all, I'd like to thank my lord and savior, Tom Brady."

-Tim Tebow

sa_butta
12-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Wwtbd

samikeyp
12-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Tom Brady>>>Any qb in nfl history.

not named Montana, Elway, Marino or Unitas.

dickface
12-13-2007, 09:49 AM
if he was such a great QB then why hasn't he been at the top of the league until now?
He led the league in TD passes in 2002 and passing yards in 2005. He's consistently in the top 5 in both of those categories every year as well. He hasn't put up the ungodly numbers Manning has, but he's put up very nice numbers on par with guys like Montana.

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 09:51 AM
not named Montana, Elway, Marino or Unitas.
3 > 0, so IMO you can take marino off that list right now....and if Brady completes the perfect season this year, elway & unitas can take a hike too (i don't even think elway belongs in this discussion but that's a whole other story). Montana is the Quarterback God, tho.

J.T.
12-13-2007, 09:55 AM
mono forgot to logout as dickface :lmao

samikeyp
12-13-2007, 10:05 AM
3 > 0, so IMO you can take marino off that list right now....and if Brady completes the perfect season this year, elway & unitas can take a hike too (i don't even think elway belongs in this discussion but that's a whole other story). Montana is the Quarterback God, tho.

That's fair.

So then you would agree that 3>2 and 4=4.

J.T.
12-13-2007, 10:09 AM
That's fair.

No one in that list has 4 besides Montana and if you're implying Brady's already won Super Bowl XLII, way to bail on your team. The Pats voodoo magic is bound to wear off, and with the karma they've had all year, it will probably wear off in the playoffs.

stretch
12-13-2007, 10:13 AM
He led the league in TD passes in 2002 and passing yards in 2005. He's consistently in the top 5 in both of those categories every year as well. He hasn't put up the ungodly numbers Manning has, but he's put up very nice numbers on par with guys like Montana.
Gotta agree with you here. He has consistently put up nice numbers. Nothing great, but still quite good, numbers that many quarterbacks wish they could have on a yearly basis, along with the wins. I still personally think that Manning is a better QB, and that Manning and Brady will go down as #1 and #2 all time. If Manning finds a way to beat Brady and the Patriots in the playoffs, I don't think that there will be any question that Manning is a better QB, and anyone who argues that, is a total moron. Also, this Patriots team will go down in history as the biggest choke job ever. They will be very much like the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. People all know that they were a dynasty, but the first thing people remember is their 2004 meltdown in the playoffs. If they don't win the SB this year, their whole dynasty will be tarnished with this choke job, and people will remember them mostly for being the cocky-ass team that went 16-0, that everyone called the greatest team ever and predicted to be undefeated, only to lose in the playoffs.

samikeyp
12-13-2007, 10:15 AM
No one in that list has 4 besides Montana and if you're implying Brady's already won Super Bowl XLII, way to bail on your team. The Pats voodoo magic is bound to wear off, and with the karma they've had all year, it will probably wear off in the playoffs.

Easy killer...I am not assuming anything, I am asking Mono if he is assuming that the Pats win it this year.

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 10:18 AM
That's fair.

well partly. I think zero SB's is significant and that's why I'd never include Marino in "greatest ever" talk. at the same time, Terry Bradshaw has 4 but he also belongs nowhere near "greatest ever" talk as well.

it's gotta be a mix of stats & winning, imo. That's why Montana is the unquestioned greatest ever in my world. Guys like Unitas, Young, Favre i am inclined to put ahead of Brady right now, but if he gets a 4th then I say there's no question he's ahead of all of them except Montana.

Manning needs to win a 2nd before I consider him in greatest ever talk. His first one hardly counts since he had to outduel Rex Grossman to win it.

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Easy killer...I am not assuming anything, I am asking Mono if he is assuming that the Pats win it this year.
No, I don't assume it at all. They could very easily be taken out by Indy or Dallas. But if they do win it all, that will be Brady's 4th SB along with him putting up the greatest statistical season in QB history. That puts him 2nd behind Montana IMO.

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Also, this Patriots team will go down in history as the biggest choke job ever.
Not even close. Losing to the Browns or Chargers would be the greatest choke job ever. There is no shame in losing to the Colts or Cowboys this year. The 2007 Pats, Colts, and Cowboys are all better than alot of teams that have won the Super Bowl in the past 10 years.

J.T.
12-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Manning needs to win a 2nd before I consider him in greatest ever talk. His first one hardly counts since he had to outduel Rex Grossman to win it.

Everyone knew the AFC Championship Game was the real Super Bowl. The Bears were seven point dogs the second Indy won and that was an extremely generous line for them. And don't act like you wouldn't be saying 4 > 0 in "Brady vs. Manning" smack if the Pats won that game and went on to rout the Bears.

samikeyp
12-13-2007, 10:23 AM
well partly. I think zero SB's is significant and that's why I'd never include Marino in "greatest ever" talk. at the same time, Terry Bradshaw has 4 but he also belongs nowhere near "greatest ever" talk as well.

it's gotta be a mix of stats & winning, imo. That's why Montana is the unquestioned greatest ever in my world. Guys like Unitas, Young, Favre i am inclined to put ahead of Brady right now, but if he gets a 4th then I say there's no question he's ahead of all of them except Montana.

Cool...then by that logic Otto Graham was better than Brady, so then if Brady is the best, and Graham is better then Graham must be the best.

Led the league in TD passes 3 times
Led the league is passing yards 6 times
Won 7 championships.

:)

samikeyp
12-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Not even close. Losing to the Browns or Chargers would be the greatest choke job ever. There is no shame in losing to the Colts or Cowboys this year. The 2007 Pats, Colts, and Cowboys are all better than alot of teams that have won the Super Bowl in the past 10 years.

Unless they pull a 35-3 choke job like the Oilers did, then no they won't.

monosylab1k
Everyone knew the AFC Championship Game was the real Super Bowl. The Bears were seven point dogs the second Indy won and that was an extremely generous line for them. And don't act like you wouldn't be saying 4 > 0 in "Brady vs. Manning" smack if the Pats won that game and went on to rout the Bears.
If it weren't for Rex Grossman giving the Colts the game, the Bears would have won. Throw Jeff Garcia in there and the Bears win by double digits.

stretch
After the way that 98% of the human population predicted them to go 16-0 and win the SB and be the greatest team of all time, and their ridiculously cocky demeanor, the way they would run up the score on everyone, plus knowing that they cheat to win football games... if they don't win it all, its a COMPLETE choke job.

BacktoBasics
12-13-2007, 10:27 AM
This guy shit on his recently born child. He's a selfish asshole and I have zero respect for him. I'd rather believe in a fictional God than believe in some worthless piece of shit assfuck that pretends his child is nothing more than a mishap in his precious little roadtrip of fame. I hope he fractures his forearm and breaks his leg.

J.T.
12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Even if they lost to a legit team like the Colts or Cowboys, it would still be a choke because they'd either be at home or at a neutral site against two teams they already beat on the road in the regular season. And even in Arizona they'd likely have HFA since America historically hates the Cowboys more than they hate the Pats.

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
After the way that 98% of the human population predicted them to go 16-0 and win the SB and be the greatest team of all time, and their ridiculously cocky demeanor, the way they would run up the score on everyone, plus knowing that they cheat to win football games... if they don't win it all, its a COMPLETE choke job.
last time ESPN took a poll, 52% of the human population said that the Patriots will lose in the playoffs. Looks like they're underdogs now.

stretch
12-13-2007, 10:29 AM

And Brady had to outduel Jake Delhomme to win one, and BARELY won it, only due to a stupid kick by the opponent, and Adam Vinateri hitting yet another GW. Not to mention he had to face a Rams team that had no defense, and a Eagles team with a choking McNabb.

You can make all the damn excuses in the world, but the fact is, they won their SBs. Manning had to go through a very hard path to the SB as well. The Chiefs weren't great of course, but the Ravens had arguably the best defense in the league, and then they had to face his nightmare, the Patriots, then go against the other best defense in the league against the Bears. His SB was well validated. I don't think it has validated his playoff performing ability, but he deserved that SB.

J.T.
12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
last time ESPN took a poll, 52% of the human population said that the Patriots will lose in the playoffs. Looks like they're underdogs now.

Because 100,000 votes mostly from America represent what the free world thinks...

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
And even in Arizona they'd likely have HFA since America historically hates the Cowboys more than they hate the Pats.
There's no question the Patriots will be the more hated team. Plus, Arizona is Cowboy Country. There's more Cowboys fans than Cardinals fans in Arizona. Hell, there's probably more Cowboys fans in Arizona than there are in Dallas.

stretch
12-13-2007, 10:31 AM
If it weren't for Rex Grossman giving the Colts the game, the Bears would have won. Throw Jeff Garcia in there and the Bears win by double digits.
Throw Peyton Manning on a team with great defense like the Panthers, and the Panthers stomp the Patriots in their SB. Enough with the coulda, woulda BS.

J.T.
12-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Manning won his Super Bowl by a larger margin than all three of the Patriots' Super Bowls combined and multiplied by three.

stretch
12-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Manning won his Super Bowl by a larger margin than all three of the Patriots' Super Bowls combined and multiplied by three.
Combined, yes.

Combined and multiplied by three, no.

3+3+3=9

12>9

9x3=27

27>12

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 10:35 AM
And Brady had to outduel Jake Delhomme to win one, and BARELY won it, only due to a stupid kick by the opponent, and Adam Vinateri hitting yet another GW. Not to mention he had to face a Rams team that had no defense, and a Eagles team with a choking McNabb.
None of that comes remotely close to The Worst Performance In Super Bowl History. There is no question Rex Grossman wins that one.

stretch
12-13-2007, 10:35 AM
None of that comes remotely close to The Worst Performance In Super Bowl History. There is no question Rex Grossman wins that one.
Kerry Collins and Rich Gannon (*sigh*) say hi.

J.T.
12-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Combined, yes.

Combined and multiplied by three, no.

3+3+3=9

12>9

9x3=27

27>12

Forget I said "combined and"... I was never good at math and passed my last math course ever two years ago with a 69.5 rounded up to 70... no joke.

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Kerry Collins and Rich Gannon (*sigh*) say hi.
The Giants had no chance at all, and Gannon was a victim of The Worst Coach In Super Bowl History. Neither of them come within the same zip code of the pathetic incompetence of Grossman.

The Bears were playing great and the defense was shutting Manning down until Grossman's barrage of fumbles, INT's, and flat out dumbass plays.

J.T.
12-13-2007, 10:59 AM
This guy shit on his recently born child. He's a selfish asshole and I have zero respect for him. I'd rather believe in a fictional God than believe in some worthless piece of shit assfuck that pretends his child is nothing more than a mishap in his precious little roadtrip of fame. I hope he fractures his forearm and breaks his leg.

This guy wins NFL Forum Poster of the Year.

ratm1221
12-13-2007, 11:01 AM
last time ESPN took a poll, 52% of the human population said that they wished the Patriots would lose in the playoffs.

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 11:03 AM
i think that's alot closer to 95%. I don't think any team has been more hated in one year than the Patriots have been hated this year.

samikeyp
12-13-2007, 11:13 AM
i think that's alot closer to 95%. I don't think any team has been more hated in one year than the Patriots have been hated this year.

You might be right.

I posted this earlier but if the Cowboys and Pats meet in the SB....Dallas, for once, may not be the more hated team.

stretch
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
The Giants had no chance at all, and Gannon was a victim of The Worst Coach In Super Bowl History. Neither of them come within the same zip code of the pathetic incompetence of Grossman.

The Bears were playing great and the defense was shutting Manning down until Grossman's barrage of fumbles, INT's, and flat out dumbass plays.
You said performance, not ability. Their performances were far worse.

And their defense was not shutting Manning down. They had ONE early pick, and after that, Manning was able to give them the drives they needed to win the game, much like Brady did in his first SB. He was not great in that SB whatsoever, but when his team needed scoring drives, he found a way to make them. Manning did the same.

Also, 2 picks and 1 fumble is not quite on par with 5 interceptions, 3 getting returned for TDs, en route to a complete slaughtering.

da_pats_fan__
12-13-2007, 12:05 PM
gotta love the respect brady gets.

O-Factor
12-13-2007, 12:16 PM
America historically hates the Cowboys more than they hate the Pats.

AND the Cowboys still have the largest fanbase. Ha, go figure.

samikeyp
12-13-2007, 01:17 PM
I would put the Packers in there as well.

Extra Stout
12-13-2007, 01:21 PM
AND the Cowboys still have the largest fanbase. Ha, go figure.
If you count bandwagon fans, yes. If you count only devoted, hardcore fans, the Steelers and Packers lead the field.

mikejones99
12-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Tom Brady is almost perfect except he shouldn't have fucked that golddigger cunt that will be trying to steal his cash andspotlight for the next 18 years. Tarkenton, Elway, montana and Graham finish top 5