PDA

View Full Version : The Apology Thread

freemeat
12-13-2007, 02:19 AM
I think this would make awesome (!) forum for people to say "forgive me?" for doo doo postings and such...in a fun way.

Just admit you were wrong about predicting Duncan would win MVP in '07-'08...Manu would be "in decline" (all you who agreed with Hollinger)...the Hawks would be good...the Bobcats would have "improved"...the Celtics "don't have what it takes"...all those other pre-season predictions...or even any "apology" to another ST poster.

You can even 'anonymously' post stuff like:

"I'm sorry I slept with my brother's wife" or whatever you like.

Just to start things off:

I'm sorry I said Manu was on the decline.
I'm sorry I said Gary Payton would never win a championship.
I'm sorry I said the Grizzlies would be good this year.

It would be sweet to have people apologize here for things they do

Findog
12-13-2007, 02:21 AM
I'm sorry I said the Mavs didn't need to make substantial changes

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-13-2007, 04:24 AM
I'm sorry Dirk Nowitzki is still playing like a giant vagina

I'm sorry I didn't follow through with the OP's concept so much :lol

Findog
12-13-2007, 04:28 AM
I'm sorry Dirk Nowitzki is still playing like a giant vagina

He is far from the biggest problem with this team.

Reggie Miller
12-13-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry that Larry Bird has a significant role in the Pacers' FO and didn't get rid of Tinsley in the GSW trade.

I'm sorry that I once accused a Suns' fan of licking the sweat off of dead men's balls. Nothing personal, dude. It was just a perfect set-up for that punchline.

I'm sorry that knuckleheads here talk to me like I'm the REAL Reggie Miller. (Note: Insulting Reggie Miller doesn't hurt my feelings. I am a white dude with no particular ties to the Miller family, UCLA, or the TNT network. Just an FYI.)

I'm sorry that I was correct when I said that the Spurs had been lucky with injuries, and they were overdue for one.

I'm sorry about the injury, Timmy.

I'm sorry that Jack no longer rides with my posse. He just got a really sweet Glock 10mm, on top of it all.

Cry Havoc
12-13-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry that Larry Bird has a significant role in the Pacers' FO and didn't get rid of Tinsley in the GSW trade.

I'm sorry that I once accused a Suns' fan of licking the sweat off of dead men's balls. Nothing personal, dude. It was just a perfect set-up for that punchline.

I'm sorry that knuckleheads here talk to me like I'm the REAL Reggie Miller. (Note: Insulting Reggie Miller doesn't hurt my feelings. I am a white dude with no particular ties to the Miller family, UCLA, or the TNT network. Just an FYI.)

I'm sorry that I was correct when I said that the Spurs had been lucky with injuries, and they were overdue for one.

I'm sorry about the injury, Timmy.

I'm sorry that Jack no longer rides with my posse. He just got a really sweet Glock 10mm, on top of it all.

Dude, that shot you hit at the Garden was AWESOME! :clap

Reggie Miller
12-13-2007, 11:50 AM

Well played, sir. :toast

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry I've been the most dead-on of all the Mavs fan here with my assessment of the team before the season started.

monosylab1k
12-13-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry for the poorly constructed sentence in my last post.

fitzgerald
12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I am sorry for watching the Mavs this year after their 2nd consecutive meltdowns. Must find more contsructive use of my time.

freemeat
12-14-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry the Mavs can't move to another state.

I'm also sorry you Mavs fans have to deal with Cuban.

Roxsfan
12-14-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry for being argumentative in the past
I'm sorry for saying the spurs would not repeat

SAtown
12-14-2007, 07:48 PM

You mean "SHOTS," right?

Obstructed_View
12-18-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm sorry I've been the most dead-on of all the Mavs fan here with my assessment of the team before the season started.
In the land of the blind...

;)

SpursDynasty
12-18-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm NOT sorry for saying:

1. Houston is a fluke team. They're 12-12 and I hope they miss the playoffs because they are a waste of time.
2. Dallas gets all the calls to go their way. If you watch a Dallas game you will hear a damn whistle go off every damn possession.
3. Dwight Howard is a fluke. Orlando has only gone 3-6 since starting 14-3 on a really easy schedule. They'll be back to the #7 or #8 spot in the East in a few weeks...
4. SA and Boston would be the Finals 2008...Boston is at the top of the East and SA is at the top of the West, both teams are just in spots they were supposed to be in and expected to be in.
5. Greg Oden is already a fluke without even bouncing a basketball in an NBA game.
6. That I will not watch the All-Star game if Dwight Howard, Josh Howard, or Jason Terry makes the All-Star team.

I AM sorry for saying:

1. That Utah was one of the league's top 4 teams. They have truly disappointed me, especially in the game vs. Dallas. Dallas is a team that Utah usually goes out and beats, and they let JOSH HOWARD (???) score 47? Utah has reached it's low point when Josh Howard of all people scores 47.

BobcatsDynasty
12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm NOT sorry for saying that Charlotte would be 2008 NBA Champions and beat fluke teams like the Spurs. So far this season every damn call has gone against the damn Bobcats. The other teams are getting alot of fluke wins when they try to shoot some shots on us. Bobcats will be NBA Champions once the damn refs dont' give the other team all the damn whistles.

LEONARD
12-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Can you expand on why Dwight Howard isn't an All-Star, Jeff??

Obstructed_View
12-19-2007, 09:49 AM
He thought Okafor should have been the first pick, and he's too stubborn to admit that he's wrong. Either that or he's still sore about that last second dunk over Duncan last year.

ducks
12-19-2007, 09:57 AM
if I was dallas I would trade dirk straight up for kobe
then traded terry for a true big

Shank
12-19-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm sorry we made eye contact when I was masturbating in TJ Maxx the other day.

stretch
12-19-2007, 11:15 AM
:lmao

Obstructed_View
12-19-2007, 05:26 PM
if I was dallas I would trade dirk straight up for kobe
then traded terry for a true big
I'm sorry management in Dallas isn't as stupid as ducks.

HeyIt'sMe
12-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Dwight's averaging 23.6 PPG, 15.3 RPG, and 2.7 BPG. He's terrible.

alamo50
12-20-2007, 04:49 AM
I am sorry I said this would be Elsonīs improvement year.

LEONARD
12-20-2007, 03:29 PM

Who should the East all-star centers be Jeff??

balli
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
1. That Utah was one of the league's top 4 teams. They have truly disappointed me, especially in the game vs. Dallas. Dallas is a team that Utah usually goes out and beats, and they let JOSH HOWARD (???) score 47? Utah has reached it's low point when Josh Howard of all people scores 47.

I wish that was the low point, I really do. :bang :bang
As a Jazz fan, I'm just sorry for myself at this point.

Although I must say, this complete and total trainwreck has been incredibly intriguing in an almost unreal and pain-numbing kind of a way.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-21-2007, 08:49 AM
1. Houston is a fluke team. They're 12-12 and I hope they miss the playoffs because they are a waste of time.

:lol I actually agree with this, and hope it happens. They're 12-14 now.

J.T.
12-24-2007, 02:39 PM
I am sorries I've been acting like a dick on here for the past week. I know I am generally a sarcastic person but the past week was pretty bad even for me.

I'm also sorries I rooted for the Mavs for two days last week. Part of my soul died on those days.

Happy Christmas and all that.

freemeat
12-24-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry I slated a bunch of crap games for Christmas Day.

-- David Stern

freemeat
12-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Being the holidays, I must also apologize for picking on [email protected] in the Spurs forum...

Especially since I'm bored out of my mind and it will only continue!

lefty
12-24-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry the camera shows Eva 95% of the time during Spurs games

I'm sorry the camera shows Mark Cuban 95% of the time during Mavs games