PDA

View Full Version : Bryant, Bynum coming together for Lakers

LakeShow
12-13-2007, 12:57 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bynum-bryant-jackson-1940094-lakers-season

Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Bryant, Bynum coming together for Lakers
The two players have forged a mutual respect and working relationship for the first time this season.
By KEVIN DING
The Orange County Register
Comments 0| Recommend 3

EL SEGUNDO If everything somehow settles into a bright future for the Lakers with Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum, everyone will look back on now as the time those two realized they could play a good two-man game on and off the court.

"It helped a lot when he (Bryant) found out he (Bynum) really worked this summer," Coach Phil Jackson said Tuesday. "But I think there's also proof in the pudding. He (Bryant) saw him come out this preseason and play hard and be in condition to play with the guys instead of being trailing all the time with stamina problems."

Bynum getting serious about his craft has earned some respect from Bryant — whose offseason desire to trade Bynum for veteran help and win more immediately was well chronicled.

Bynum, 20, said he has noticed all the public praise that Bryant, 29, has been offering now.

"I heard about it, and it's pretty cool for him to do that, because I definitely am working," Bynum said.

Bynum complained that the Lakers don't let him bring his personal trainer, Sean Zarzana, into their El Segundo workout facility. He said they go three or four times a week to train at Loyola Marymount University, the soccer field at Playa Vista or the weight room at Bynum's Westchester home.

"We get it done wherever we have to," Bynum said.

Bynum worked the early part of last offseason with Lakers coaches and trainers before going to Georgia to train with Zarzana, who has relocated to Los Angeles for Bynum. The work has helped Bynum hold up so far this season, despite a recent bout with food poisoning.

"I haven't lost any weight yet; I'm still 280 (pounds)," Bynum said. "I still feel like I'm in shape and all that."

About not being able to get Zarzana access to the facility, Bynum said: "I guess I'm not (important enough) — not right now. Maybe next year or the year after that."

Bryant's former personal trainer, Joe Carbone, is in his fourth season as the Lakers' strength coach.

Jackson said Bryant has a greater appreciation for Bynum this season.

"Kobe has recognized the uniqueness of Andrew and what he can bring to the table for a basketball team," Jackson said. "He knows if we're going to win, we have to have that kind of defensive stopper like that and also the advantage of having a guy that size to complete things at the basket, so screen-rolls become an issue for other teams to cover. Andrew's fulfilled those two functions for us relatively well right now."

NOTES

Jackson disputed an interpretation of a recent comment as meaning he said the Lakers aren't going to win at least 50 games. Asked if they will, Jackson said Tuesday: "I don't know." … Lamar Odom didn't practice because of patellar tendinitis in his right knee, which he has been icing regularly before games and at halftimes. He said it was nothing major. … About Vladimir Radmanovic, whom Jackson called a "space cadet" last season while he struggled, Jackson said: "My favorite Martian is back on Earth."

Contact the writer: [email protected]

Medvedenko
12-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, let's see tonight...I believe Odom is the x factor.

iminlakerland
12-13-2007, 03:58 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bynum-bryant-jackson-1940094-lakers-season

Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Bryant, Bynum coming together for Lakers
The two players have forged a mutual respect and working relationship for the first time this season.
By KEVIN DING
The Orange County Register
Comments 0| Recommend 3

EL SEGUNDO If everything somehow settles into a bright future for the Lakers with Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum, everyone will look back on now as the time those two realized they could play a good two-man game on and off the court.

"It helped a lot when he (Bryant) found out he (Bynum) really worked this summer," Coach Phil Jackson said Tuesday. "But I think there's also proof in the pudding. He (Bryant) saw him come out this preseason and play hard and be in condition to play with the guys instead of being trailing all the time with stamina problems."

Bynum getting serious about his craft has earned some respect from Bryant — whose offseason desire to trade Bynum for veteran help and win more immediately was well chronicled.

Bynum, 20, said he has noticed all the public praise that Bryant, 29, has been offering now.

"I heard about it, and it's pretty cool for him to do that, because I definitely am working," Bynum said.

Bynum complained that the Lakers don't let him bring his personal trainer, Sean Zarzana, into their El Segundo workout facility. He said they go three or four times a week to train at Loyola Marymount University, the soccer field at Playa Vista or the weight room at Bynum's Westchester home.

"We get it done wherever we have to," Bynum said.

Bynum worked the early part of last offseason with Lakers coaches and trainers before going to Georgia to train with Zarzana, who has relocated to Los Angeles for Bynum. The work has helped Bynum hold up so far this season, despite a recent bout with food poisoning.

"I haven't lost any weight yet; I'm still 280 (pounds)," Bynum said. "I still feel like I'm in shape and all that."

About not being able to get Zarzana access to the facility, Bynum said: "I guess I'm not (important enough) — not right now. Maybe next year or the year after that."

Bryant's former personal trainer, Joe Carbone, is in his fourth season as the Lakers' strength coach.

Jackson said Bryant has a greater appreciation for Bynum this season.

"Kobe has recognized the uniqueness of Andrew and what he can bring to the table for a basketball team," Jackson said. "He knows if we're going to win, we have to have that kind of defensive stopper like that and also the advantage of having a guy that size to complete things at the basket, so screen-rolls become an issue for other teams to cover. Andrew's fulfilled those two functions for us relatively well right now."

NOTES

Jackson disputed an interpretation of a recent comment as meaning he said the Lakers aren't going to win at least 50 games. Asked if they will, Jackson said Tuesday: "I don't know." … Lamar Odom didn't practice because of patellar tendinitis in his right knee, which he has been icing regularly before games and at halftimes. He said it was nothing major. … About Vladimir Radmanovic, whom Jackson called a "space cadet" last season while he struggled, Jackson said: "My favorite Martian is back on Earth."

Contact the writer: [email protected]

this guy seriously cracks me up!

da_suns_fan__
12-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Wow...so much praise for a 12-8 team.

da_suns_fan_
12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
did my protege post here? it says da_suns_fan__ posted in this forum last, but his post is nowhere to be seen. in fact, none of his posts can be seen right now. is he banned? is he so embarrassed by his shitty posting history that he asked Kori for the GiG treatment? or is there simply a glitch in the Matrix?

can anyone else read his crap?

BonnerDynasty
12-13-2007, 07:07 PM
did my protege post here? it says da_suns_fan__ posted in this forum last, but his post is nowhere to be seen. in fact, none of his posts can be seen right now. is he banned? is he so embarrassed by his shitty posting history that he asked Kori for the GiG treatment? or is there simply a glitch in the Matrix?

I noticed the same thing with that King23 guy last night.

Purple & Gold
12-14-2007, 09:14 AM
:clap :clap :clap Lakers in 5th place now.

da_suns_fan__
12-14-2007, 09:46 AM

Apparently not....unless anyone can read this.

Test.

da_suns_fan
12-14-2007, 01:11 PM

Whats GiG treatment?