PDA

View Full Version : NASH chips tooth, so funny

spurscenter
12-13-2007, 05:40 PM
funniest video this season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfv5LQtYso

stretch
12-13-2007, 05:43 PM
I hear that Steve Nash is a really funny dude.

Stargazer
12-13-2007, 05:50 PM
It's not quite clear from the clip, but that thing that Nash casually hands to the assistant coach just before strolling over to do the interview WAS HIS TOOTH. I have to admit, if it were me, I'd probably have headed straight to a dentist.

(And the fact that he's a millionaire, etc., as mentioned in another thread, only makes it all the more impressive that he stayed in the game. He's got nothing to prove at this point.)

ancestron
12-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Nash is quickly becoming the Mr. BIll of the NBA.

"Nash drives the lane and OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

JamStone
12-13-2007, 06:18 PM
It's not quite clear from the clip, but that thing that Nash casually hands to the assistant coach just before strolling over to do the interview WAS HIS TOOTH. I have to admit, if it were me, I'd probably have headed straight to a dentist.

(And the fact that he's a millionaire, etc., as mentioned in another thread, only makes it all the more impressive that he stayed in the game. He's got nothing to prove at this point.)

It's a chipped tooth. Let's not get over-dramatic about his toughness. It's not like he's playing through a severed leg or a broken arm. It's a chipped tooth.

Bruno
12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
:lol very funny
And playing chipped tooth is nothing special.

lurker
12-13-2007, 06:26 PM
I love that his wife was like "I gotta get a picture!"

He looks like such a hillbilly with his tooth chipped. :lol

dirk4mvp
12-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Eh, Dirk's tooth injury was more impressive.

PoleSmoking
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
It's a chipped tooth. Let's not get over-dramatic about his toughness. It's not like he's playing through a severed leg or a broken arm. It's a chipped tooth.

Yeah, I agree with you about some people getting overly dramatic in their hero-worship of Nash's toughness for playing with a chipped tooth. But it's really kind of a pattern with him. He takes a lot of abuse and keeps on going.

Exhibit A: the 2006-2007 Western Conference Semi-Finals. Nash gets his face busted open, comes in and sticks a 3. Nash gets kicked in the cheeto by Bowen, keeps on going. Nash got hounded and hacked on the arms all series long, so badly that his arms were raw and sore by the end of the series. I've seen the pictures.

And the dude will flat-out throw his body on the line to take a charge from anyone. I saw him take a charge from Shaq recently!

The point is, as NBA players go these days, Nash is a pretty tough little dude. We've all seen far too many of these guys sit out a week with a hang-nail or menstrual cramps and shit.

JamStone
12-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Sure, not saying Nash isn't tough. Just not that impressed by this particular incident to be amazed at his toughness. It was maybe an eight of his tooth, not the whole tooth. And, again it's just a chipped tooth. But, sure, he's a tough guy by like Dwyane Wade standards. He's Canadian. He's a hockey player.

Obstructed_View
12-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Karl Malone knocked out at least one of Nash's front teeth when he played for the Mavs. He actually showed it to the ref while politicking to get him to throw Malone out.

JMarkJohns
12-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Karl Malone knocked out at least one of Nash's front teeth when he played for the Mavs. He actually showed it to the ref while politicking to get him to throw Malone out.

I'd be more surprised if this story had centered around Malone NOT injuring someone.

O-Factor
12-13-2007, 08:52 PM
If that had happened to Grant Hill, he'd be out for 2 weeks

Stargazer
12-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Maybe I'm just squeamish, but I'd rather have a broken arm than a chipped front tooth.

Kobayagi
12-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Beno would be out for the season with a chipped tooth.

mrsmaalox
12-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Nash gets kicked in the cheeto by Bowen,

:lol @ "cheeto"

ambchang
12-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Not saying Nash is not tough, but this incident kind of reminds me how much mellower the league is compared to, say, ten years ago. Doc Rivers once spit his tooth out on the floor (not chipped, but it was knocked out) and kept playing. Starks broke his finger in a game, had it taped, and kept playing. Maybe it was before the internet was popular, but I just don't recall it getting this much attention back then.

Bruno
12-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Maybe I'm just squeamish, but I'd rather have a broken arm than a chipped front tooth.

I'm sure that you have never chip a tooth. It's not something painful and a dentist repair easily a broken tooth (even more when you haven't lost the broken fragment).
I broke a tooth twice (one time playing rugby and the other time playing basketball) and I've continue to play without a problem.
Nash is a tough player but playing with a chipped tooth isn't a sign of that.