PDA

View Full Version : Printezis having a good year

jag
12-13-2007, 09:43 PM
"Having his best year so far with 11.5 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. In the Greek All-Star Game he won the dunk competition. At the end of the year, he was voted as the best player of the Greek championship for players under 22 years old.
Printezis was selected by the San Antonio Spurs in the second round with the 58th selection of the 2007 NBA Draft. The draft rights to Printezis were acquired by the Toronto Raptors for their second round draft pick in the 2008 NBA Draft. He was happy about the trade saying, "Always when I traveled across the U.S.A.," he said, "they were one of my favourite teams. I know it's a good organization and it's a team that likes European players," Printezis is expected to remain in Europe for one or two years."

Would have been nice to see what we could have done with this guy...i still go back to the fact that he was one of the only guys drafted that late that was actually there. i found that interesting....oh well :drunk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgos_Printezis

Mr. Body
12-13-2007, 09:55 PM
I kind of wonder whether we should have hung on to him. Not like it would hurt. Someone remind me: the Toronto pick is this summer, or the one after that? We'll have to balance what player we get then with this guy.

Darkwaters
12-13-2007, 10:21 PM
The Toronto pick is for the upcoming draft. But frankly, I think I would have preferred to just keep Printezis.