PDA

View Full Version : This will probably get me bashed but...

Duff McCartney
12-29-2004, 02:26 AM
I was wondering...I was thinking about a couple of "racist" words earlier. I got to thinking....what exactly do some of them mean? Like what's the history or significance of the word and how are they offensive?

Like being Mexican...I understand the word wetback. It means that I just swam across the river and my back is wet therefore making me illegal. But other words like spic...what the hell does that word mean?

I think about other words like (no offense to anyone Jewish) but kike. What is offensive about it? Is there a history to the word? Or are most of the words just made up and people put them on other races to belittle them?

Any ideas?

2pac
12-29-2004, 02:36 AM
Spic - short form of Hispanic

Kike: When Jews immigrated to America, they came to Ellis Island. Those that were illiterate, refused to put a X for their name, because it represented a Cross - or the Christians that persecuted them. So they signed with a O. "KIKEL" means "little circle" in Yiddish. Immigration officials called them KIKEL or KIKE.

Duff McCartney
12-29-2004, 02:43 AM
Kike: When Jews immigrated to America, they came to Ellis Island. Those that were illiterate, refused to put a X for their name, because it represented a Cross - or the Christians that persecuted them. So they signed with a O. "KIKEL" means "little circle" in Yiddish. Immigration officials called them KIKEL or KIKE.

That's actually pretty useful to know.

Do you know any other history to "racist" words?

MannyIsGod
12-29-2004, 03:48 AM
I don't know why you thought you'd get bashed for this.

It's actually pretty interesting.

2pac
12-29-2004, 04:48 AM
Red neck - white people that are physical laborers - hence the sunburn and less class because they are laborers

DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend

Gook: started in the Spanish-American war when we were in the Philipines (1898). They had "goo-goo" eyes. Later applied to the vietnamese.

Wop: shorten how the Italians say guappo "dude"

Jap, Mick, Chink: obvious

Atta: Arabs - after Mohammed Atta

Banana: Asian on the outside, white on the inside - Asian that is more American than Asian

Beaner: Mexicans eat lots of beans

Bean Dip: White guy who dates a Mexican

Zipperhead: (asians) In Korea, they said that when Koreans were shot with the high-powered rifle, their head split like it had a zipper. Jeeps ran over them, part their hair in the middle

Jar Head: Marine haircut looks like the lid on a jar

Bee Keeper - the obvious job of muslim women

Camel Jockey - the obvious job of muslim men

927 - means suspecious person in police code. Black people are obviously suspecious.

Coconut: same as banana but with dark skin

FILA: Finally I Left Africa
FUBU: Farmers Usedto Buy Us

alamo50
12-29-2004, 08:10 AM
:lol

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

:rollin

MannyIsGod
12-29-2004, 02:10 PM
holy shit, :lmao, that's fucked up.

Duff McCartney
12-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Atta: Arabs - after Mohammed Atta

I never heard that word before.

ALVAREZ6
12-29-2004, 03:11 PM
lol, we need to stop racisms.

No matter if you are colombian, spanish, argentinean, bolivean, venezuelan, you are regarded as a mexican here in the US.

Any hispanic person is a Mexican for some reason, I have no fucking clue why people do it but it's true.

T Park
12-29-2004, 05:19 PM
we need to stop racisms

As nice as that would be.

Theres always gonna be ignorant aholes on ALL sides.

Whites, blacks, all of em.

Theres always gonna be ignorant bozos on all sides.

Afraid things like that, WONT change.

2pac
12-29-2004, 05:22 PM
As nice as that would be.

Theres always gonna be ignorant aholes on ALL sides.

Whites, blacks, all of em.

Theres always gonna be ignorant bozos on all sides.

Afraid things like that, WONT change.

That stupid cracka is wise beyond his years.

Any other words you guys are wondering about?

Mr Dio
12-29-2004, 05:28 PM
In NY & other Upper East Coast areas they refer to people as Spanish & it is mainly meant to mean Puerto Ricans & Dominicans. I don't believe most people of Mexican ethnicity look anythng like most Puerto Rican & Dominicans. You have to go waaaaayyyyy down to lower Mexico to see Mexicans that look like others from Central America like native El Salvadorans, Nicaraguan, Guatemalans, Panamanians, etc... Here in Texas @ the border they are now offcially referred to as OTMs. Other Than Mexicans.

IX_Equilibrium
12-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Wop: shorten how the Italians say guappo "dude"

I heard that "wop" came from when the Italian immigrants came to Ellis Island and did have the necessary paperwork, so they would stamp W.O.P. (without papers)

King
12-29-2004, 06:54 PM
I heard that "wop" came from when the Italian immigrants came to Ellis Island and did have the necessary paperwork, so they would stamp W.O.P. (without papers)

I was actually going to type that, also. I've never heard the 'guappo' thing.

ALVAREZ6
12-29-2004, 07:29 PM
In NY & other Upper East Coast areas they refer to people as Spanish

What are you talknig about?
Everyone is called a Mexican.

If a typical person from this area meets someone with a name coming from hispanic background, they always ask, " Are you Mexican?"

Don't even disagree with me, hundreds of people have asked me this and you don't know how much it pisses me off.

Duff McCartney
12-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Don't even disagree with me, hundreds of people have asked me this and you don't know how much it pisses me off.

"The only people Asian people have a beef with is other Asian people. Like if you call a Korean guy Chinese, they will flip out.

'HEY!! WHAT MAKE YOU THINK I'M CHINESE. I AM KOREAN!! DO I LOOK CHINESE?'

Yes, motherfucker you do look Chinese that's why I said it."

MannyIsGod
12-29-2004, 09:31 PM

If a typical person from this area meets someone with a name coming from hispanic background, they always ask, " Are you Mexican?"

Hey stupid, I don't know where you're from, but it's obviously somewhere they don't teach reading very well.

Reread his post.

2pac
12-29-2004, 10:50 PM

So what kind of Mexican are you? Dominican?

Mr Dio
12-30-2004, 06:58 AM
What are you talknig about? Everyone is called a Mexican. If a typical person from this area meets someone with a name coming from hispanic background, they always ask, " Are you Mexican?" Don't even disagree with me, hundreds of people have asked me this and you don't know how much it pisses me off. Thanks Manny! Trust me Alvarez, it pisses off off people of Mexican heritage to be confused with those people from South America & Deep Central America.

gophergeorge
12-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Great pick-up line...

"Got any Mexican in you?" "Do you want some?" :)

2pac
12-30-2004, 01:43 PM
I don't get pissed if you think I am English instead of Scottish.

get over it - we are a melting pot.

Race is way too big of an issue in America.

SpursWoman
12-30-2004, 02:29 PM
I am, in order of concentration....

Dutch, German, Indian, Irish, English, & Spanish (from Spain)

So I can take a number of different hits....

I'm a clog-wearing red alcoholic spic mick kraut with bad teeth. :fro

2pac
12-30-2004, 10:16 PM
I am, in order of concentration....

Dutch, German, Indian, Irish, English, & Spanish (from Spain)

So I can take a number of different hits....

I'm a clog-wearing red alcoholic spic mick kraut with bad teeth. :fro

And you smell funny.

deepsouth
12-30-2004, 10:44 PM

Why that pisses you off?
Isn't that (your getting angry of being called a mexican) some form of racism too?
Down here we call all italians "tanos" as if they were from Naples, and all middle-easterners "turcos" as if they were from Turkey (even when they come from Armenia, and they REALLY get pissed off).

samikeyp
01-01-2005, 03:48 PM

I disagree with you.