PDA

View Full Version : Look, Real Christmas Elves..

Nbadan
12-14-2007, 02:18 AM
...Oh Sorry, those are under-aged kids....

https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/hoffmanc/Filemanager_Public_Files/Pics/child%20worker022.jpg
Globalist elf!

At Wal-Mart, Christmas ornaments are cheap, and so are the lives of the young workers in China who make them.

The Guangzhou Huanya Gift company describes itself as being “among the top three Christmas ornament producers in mainland China,” with “long term, friendly, collaborative relationships with industry leaders Wal-Mart…” There are 8,000 workers in the factory.

Grueling Hours: Ten to 12 to 15-hour shifts, seven days a week are the norm during the long, eight-month busy season. Workers can go for months without a single day off. At a minimum, workers are at the factory an average of 84 ¼ hours a week, while toiling 77 hours. However, at least half the workers, some 4,000 people, are routinely at the factory 105 ¼ hours a week and working 95 hours, including 55 hours of overtime, which exceeds China’s legal limit by 562 percent. Any working daring to take a Sunday off will be docked 2 ½ days’ wages as punishment.

Prison-like discipline and fines control the workers’ lives. Workers can be fined for just about anything. Management even has a receipt book to keep track of the individuals fined. Many workers were fined 30 to 50 RMB ($3.98-$6.63) for missing a day. Another worker was fined 20 RMB ($2.65)—the loss of nearly five hours’ wages—for placing large Christmas ornaments on the floor.

The legal minimum wage in Guangzhou, China is 55 cents an hour, but factory management respects neither the minimum wage nor the mandatory overtime premium. Workers are paid by a piece rate, with some workers earning just 26 cents an hour, which is half the legal wage. Wage documents smuggled out of the factory for a ten-day period (June 21-30, 2007, which included two Saturdays and one Sunday) show the workers earning a median wage of 49 cents an hour, while by law they should have been earning at least 68 cents an hour. For working a minimum of 110 hours in the ten day period, the workers were paid just $49.29 instead of the $74.77 they were legally owed. On average, the workers were cheated of $25.48—one third of the wages legally due them. Only eight percent of the workers in the sample earned at or above the legal minimum wage, with 92 percent falling below that.

Management also illegally withholds one month’s wages from each worker, making it almost impossible for workers to leave the factory without forfeiting that month’s wages...

...Much more: Link (http://www.nlcnet.org/article.php?id=498)

Merry Christmas!

:hat

BonnerDynasty
12-14-2007, 02:20 AM
Last time I checked, elves don't use lead paint.

Santa knows how to run his merry men.

Nbadan
12-14-2007, 02:21 AM
...Well, these are globalist elves...

Wild Cobra
12-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm curious. What's the point of this thread?

What is better for the people of China. Not having a job? Now we all agree that they work under some pretty harsh conditions compared to what we have here. You know what though? I'll bet they are glad to have those jobs!

Now the "Wal-Mart" thing hit me as an intentional insult to them. Yes, Wal-Mart buys from China, but so does everyone else! Could there be an agenda because they forget to mention the other chain stores that buy from China, or is it only because Wal-Mart is not unionized?

Go and ask most union reps anywhere. They tell you knot to buy Wal-Mart. The only reason is because they are not Union. Not because of their suppliers. I challenge anyone to show otherwise.

You know what. I would buy at other places if I could find things affordable at other stores. I buy my groceries from Wal-Mart rather than the supermarkets in my area. I would support the higher wage worker, except the prices in these stores are well overpriced. They aren’t just a little more than Wal-Mart, but about 20% more, for the same products. That is too much difference to be because of the wages paid.

01Snake
12-14-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm curious. What's the point of this thread?

What's the point of ANY of his threads? Captain Cut & Paste never has a point.

Clandestino
12-14-2007, 11:52 PM
i'm sure nbadan doesn't have anything made in china! hahaha. nice hyprocite dan...the tin foil you made your hat from is from china