PDA

View Full Version : Manu Needs Rest!

BigBigSpur
12-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Tim has been absent from 4 games and Tony also missed last game.
It is said that Manu's forefinger of his left hand hasn't been recovered since December 2nd. Obviously, Manu was in no mood for the match yesterday. Manu was too tired to perform well. Should Pop give Manu an extra holiday?

SouthernFried
12-14-2007, 07:41 AM
He's looked REAL bad the last 2 games. Might have something to do with the other teams focusing on him and throwing doubles and triples at him. Which may account for all those damned turnovers...wow!

I wouldn't mind resting him either. Team needs to be healthy, and they aren't. Let the subs win a few.

BigBigSpur
12-14-2007, 07:58 AM
I wouldn't mind resting him either.
But Manu is not totally healthy. An unhealthy Manu can't do a lot help to the team! Fuck 5-17!
So he really needs rest!

ploto
12-14-2007, 08:04 AM
I love Manu but against the Lakers he brought flopping to a whole new level. Instead of trying to actually score or defend he flopped all over the place. It is a game like this that furthers that reputation, especially when on national TV.

SouthernFried
12-14-2007, 08:12 AM
I love Manu but against the Lakers he brought flopping to a whole new level. Instead of trying to actually score or defend he flopped all over the place. It is a game like this that furthers that reputation, especially when on national TV.

What??? :lol

Bruno
12-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Manu sucking could be because he is tired or injured but it's not sure.
Don't jump to conclusions to fast by saying "Manu being 5-17 = Manu injured".
Manu is human and he could have a couple of bad games without being injured or tired.

urunobili
12-14-2007, 08:51 AM
yesterday he also got called for two fouls that they never do... the flopping was all fisher in one of them and the other one on Turiaf... BULLSHIT.... foul trouble + double and triple teams = Manu's off night... i don;t mind.. i just want him to be accurate come playoff time...

Capt Bringdown
12-14-2007, 08:56 AM
You gotta take these games if your a Spurs fan. When he's good, he's good, and, well, you know the rest.
Consistency is not Manu's strongest point.

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Rest????

He has played 4 games(less than 8 hrs) in the last 8 days....I have worked 6 days(more than 40 hrs) in the last 8 days....give me a break.

:rolleyes

Cherry
12-14-2007, 09:02 AM
yesterday he also got called for two fouls that they never do... the flopping was all fisher in one of them and the other one on Turiaf... BULLSHIT.... foul trouble + double and triple teams = Manu's off night... i don;t mind.. i just want him to be accurate come playoff time...

We have to accept it. Manu is human. :(

BigBigSpur
12-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Rest????

He has played 4 games(less than 8 hrs) in the last 8 days....I have worked 6 days(more than 40 hrs) in the last 8 days....give me a break.

But he's injured!

ducks
12-14-2007, 09:25 AM
no he needs to not try to do everything himself
he scored those 37 points back to back and now he thinks he is mj

Slippy
12-14-2007, 09:30 AM
It could also be he not handling the extra attention he getting. It's a tough adjustment that he has to be able to play through.

mrsmaalox
12-14-2007, 09:31 AM
But he's injured!

And Jimcs50 has brain damage, so it's even!:lol

(just kidding, okay?)

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Rest????

:rolleyes hmm yeah, because being a dentist is as physically demanding as being a professional basketball player... tell me Jim, do you remove teeth on the run by any chance? :rolleyes

come on man! you can't be serious!

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 10:08 AM
hmm yeah, because being a dentist is as physically demanding as being a professional basketball player... tell me Jim, do you remove teeth on the run by any chance? :rolleyes

come on man! you can't be serious!

I promise you, running a small business 5 days a week, dealing with employees(women), patients who hate to be in the dental chair, crying children and freaking nutcases every now and again is a lot harder to do than what any NBA player has to do, and if you do not believe that, you are not in touch with reality, my friend. Plus he makes 20 times what I make....just boo hoo, cry me a river for the poor little tired Manu.

BigBigSpur
12-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Buddy you really aren't comparing what you do to..to what Manu does are you? And I'm not saying what Manu does is harder because he plays basketball. But Basketball players get fucking tired! They expand so much energy when they are on the floor especially Manu.

Yea, he spares no pains when he was on the court. He's exhausted.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 10:09 AM
On another note, I'm working really hard on attributing these last couple of HORRIBLE games Manu has had to some sort of nagging injury gotten worse. I would say the drastic change in performance from one game to the other just screams injury. Still, it can't very well be wrist because on one hand, he's had 2 great games that disprove that theory, and on the other a wrist injury does not 'cause the complete lack of energy and concentration we've seen of him in the past two games.

I love Manu, and I know he'll bounce back but I don't really understand what happened to him here.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I promise you, running a small business 5 days a week, dealing with employees(women), patients who hate to be in the dental chair, crying children and freaking nutcases every now and again is a lot harder to do than what any NBA player has to do, and if you do not believe that, you are not in touch with reality, my friend.but nobody is asking you to get in front of 18,000 people and lead a basketball team after those 5 days a week are they??

You're talking about another kind of exhaustion. Are you seriously trying to compare the physical strain basketball players go through to your f'n dentist work week??

The next time we're talking about a dentist that complained about being tired as an excuse for fucking up a root canal, we'll take your example. In the meantime, back to basketball.

P.S. Next thing you'll be telling us a football player can't feel exhausted because they play once a week, and you work five...

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Plus, I don't remember seeing Manu complaining about being exhausted ANYWHERE. People here are assuming that's whats wrong with him.

What's wrong Jim? a millionaire sportsman can't feel exhausted because they make more than you?? is that your reasoning?

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Plus, I don't remember seeing Manu complaining about being exhausted ANYWHERE. People here are assuming that's whats wrong with him.

What's wrong Jim? a millionaire sportsman can't feel exhausted because they make more than you?? is that your reasoning?

*push manu button*

= Get Manu fans all riled up.

Sooooo easy.

:lol

Seriously, you do not really think that any NBA player is going to be "tired" after playing 4 games in 8 days do you?

Go to a construction site and look at some of the men working 10-12 hrs a day, 5 days a week, in the hot sun doing "real labor" and tell me that a NBA player has any reason to say that he is "tired".

BigBigSpur
12-14-2007, 10:34 AM

I just means that Manu needs rest because he's really tired and he's injuried.
Yeah, I love Manu too. We can't be indifferent to that Manu who's injured leads the fragmentary team. Only healthy Manu can promise us another champ. Don't you guys know?

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I love Manu too. We can't be indifferent to that Manu who's injured leads the fragmentary team. Only healthy Manu can promise us another champ. Don't you guys know?

Excuses are not needed. The Spurs are without 2 of their best players and they will stink up the gym when that is the case, that is all there is to it.

BigBigSpur
12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
*push manu button*

Sooooo easy.

Seriously, you do not really think that any NBA player is going to be "tired" after playing 4 games in 8 days do you?

Go to a construction site and look at some of the men working 10-12 hrs a day, 5 days a week, in the hot sun doing "real labor" and tell me that a NBA player has any reason to say that he is "tired".

Yes, you are reasonable.
But I had emphasize on that Manu is injured. He can't handle that without enough rest.

Just for an analogy, do you go work everytime when you're sick?

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 10:42 AM

Go to a construction site and look at some of the men working 10-12 hrs a day, 5 days a week, in the hot sun doing "real labor" and tell me that a NBA player has any reason to say that he is "tired".I'll do you one better... I've worked in construction, 10 hrs a day, 5 days a week. I STILL think a player has a reason to BE tired. Again, Manu hasn't said anything about being tired, has he? Its the people in here.

Besides, what is it with you thinking that because they make millions they all of a sudden can't be tired?

*push manu button*

Sooooo easy.

Pleeaaase, save the lame "HA, HA, poor Manu fan" routine for the real homers out there. My beef isn't with you thinking Manu can't be tired, its with the whole idea that because a basketball player doesn't play 5 times a week, and earns more than a dentist, he can't perform badly because of exhaustion. Its idiotic.

Bruno
12-14-2007, 11:01 AM

How do you know that ?
Manu hasn't said that he was tired and he his injury seems to be very slight.

SAGambler
12-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Rest????

Poor baby.....Do you "practice" for work in between days too? Do you fly coast to coast, get off a plane and go straight to work? Do you even have a clue the hours put into training on the court, weight training, doing appearances that is expected of you? Do you take an 8 hour physical beating at work ?

Yeah, I bet you are just fucking worn out by the time you reach the golf course on Saturday.......,

I'm also guessing you would last about 2 weeks tops, as a professional athlete.

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Yes my step-dad is a dentist too and he runs his own business and even though it's demanding he is 50 years old and can do that. Name one professional basketball can well past their late 30's?

And genius of course he makes more money than you because he probably one of 25-30 best basketball players in the world! How many dentists are there in the world..compared to NBa players? 450 Nba players total that’s it!

Don’t come in here and try to give me that shit about how long you work. I’ve played basketball in a stupid rec league with horrible players and after the game I'm drained and exhausted..and I'm only playing once a week..not traveling to different cities; having practices..etc!

I'm not feeling sorry for Manu or any other athletic for that matter but have a little perspective. If you hate your "job" so much maybe you should worked on playing basketball all those years when you were younger! Players get tired and play injured period! Cut them some slack!

WTF says that I "hate" my job??? I love my job and you never hear me crying that I am tired and therefore am not doing my best.

Why don't you cut the working class some slack?? My mom worked 65 hrs a week raising 4 kids as a single mom, she along with millions of people work 10 times harder than any of the 450 NBA players, who btw travel on private jets, therefore do not have to go through security lines, they eat in 4 and 5 star restaurants with a per diem that is more than 99% of what the average American makes in one day of work...so do not tell me that they are tired and can not perform to their best because of that. I am sure there are bosses everywhere who cut their employees slack because they are "tired" and therefore messed up an assignment because of it.....riiiight.

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Poor baby.....Do you "practice" for work in between days too? Do you fly coast to coast, get off a plane and go straight to work? Do you even have a clue the hours put into training on the court, weight training, doing appearances that is expected of you? Do you take an 8 hour physical beating at work ?

Yeah, I bet you are just fucking worn out by the time you reach the golf course on Saturday.......,

I'm also guessing you would last about 2 weeks tops, as a professional athlete.

I would not last 1 hr as one. I shot my wad in HS in bball.

:spin

timvp
12-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Manu isn't hurt. He's not acting like he's hurt at all. A sprained finger isn't what has made him loaf the last two games.

You may be able to blame mental or physical fatigue, but you can't really sit an NBA player for being tired. Perhaps he's tired and beat up from using up all his energy in those 37 point games. But even if he is tired, that is the case, players don't miss game in the NBA because they had to carry the load for a couple games.

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Manu isn't hurt. He's not acting like he's hurt at all. A sprained finger isn't what has made him loaf the last two games.

You may be able to blame mental or physical fatigue, but you can't really sit an NBA player for being tired. Perhaps he's tired and beat up from using up all his energy in those 37 point games. But even if he is tired, that is the case, players don't miss game in the NBA because they had to carry the load for a couple games.

:toast

meta2007
12-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Manu took too much responsibilities. He needs to be relax. I think he tried a little too much last game.

Bruno
12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
You can tell something is wrong by the way he is playing..I'm not sure if he is injured but tired definitely. He doesn't have his legs when he shoots and sometimes seems lethargic when he is out on the floor. And of course Manu isn't going to say he is tired..he doesn't make excuses so I will make them for him :lol

Spurs had three days off between Utah and Golden State. I don't think Manu was tired. He had just had a couple of bad games. No need for excuses, it happens to every nba player.

Ocotillo
12-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Maybe Tim and Tony are important to have in the line up. After all, they have evolved into quite the team. If you took any of the big three and stuck them on say, the T-Wolves (w/o Al Jefferson) they would all adjust (struggle) at first.

manudo22
12-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Personally, I think Manu does need rest one because he might be hurting with his index finger, second he is human and yesterday wasn't his better days. But you have to admit, He did look good last night.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 11:53 AM
WTF says that I "hate" my job??? I love my job and you never hear me crying that I am tired and therefore am not doing my best.

Why don't you cut the working class some slack?? My mom worked 65 hrs a week raising 4 kids as a single mom, she along with millions of people work 10 times harder than any of the 450 NBA players, who btw travel on private jets, therefore do not have to go through security lines, they eat in 4 and 5 star restaurants with a per diem that is more than 99% of what the average American makes in one day of work...so do not tell me that they are tired and can not perform to their best because of that. I am sure there are bosses everywhere who cut their employees slack because they are "tired" and therefore messed up an assignment because of it.....riiiight.:dramaquee Give me a fucking break Jim! There are millions of people out there that have a harder life than you, and that doesn't take away the fact that sometimes YOU'LL BE TIRED TOO!

This whole thing reeks of some deep seeded jealous bullshit you seem to have pent up. Yeah, they eat better than you, then travel better than you, they drive better cars than you and the probably fuck better looking women as well!... Guess what? They're still subject to the same fucking pain as any other man out there.

Ok, we get it, you don't feel sorry for them. Nobody is asking you to, and that still doesn't change the fact that them being tired or injured is a very real possibility.

P.S. and before you go on with the "Manu fan" bullshit I know is coming...

On another note, I'm working really hard on attributing these last couple of HORRIBLE games Manu has had to some sort of nagging injury gotten worse. I would say the drastic change in performance from one game to the other just screams injury. Still, it can't very well be wrist because on one hand, he's had 2 great games that disprove that theory, and on the other a wrist injury does not 'cause the complete lack of energy and concentration we've seen of him in the past two games.

I love Manu, and I know he'll bounce back but I don't really understand what happened to him here.

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 12:03 PM
So basically because they make millions of dollars they cant get be tired? what is your argument here that they are rich and your that envious of them? Let give you a little example.

My Mother by brother, me and my 2 sisters all by herself too..and she brought over from another country 22 years ago! Cut who some damn slack, you, your mom, the rest of society? I've haven't been give shit but you don't see me complaining about nba players making 10 times more than what I make!

Sorry you can't compare NBA players to the rest of society because they aren't the rest of society. I don't give a shit how long your mom works..nobody gives a shit how long my mom works or the average employee works..that's life

So basically I'm suppose to say Manu is a piece of shit because he makes 20 times what you do? He can't be tired because he plays basketball. Fuck him!!!! If you were playing in the NBA and you were paid X amount you would never be tired; you would never have a bad game; you would never have turnovers! Great logic buddy!

He is human..how much money he makes is irrelevant when he is on the basketball court!

Another thing Genius..he plays basketball, he isn't working in an office..so your argument about bosses cutting employees slack doesn't even make sense. How can you compare a desk job to a physical job like playing a sport? If I'm tired at work I can grab some coffee and still manage through the day..I can't run upon down a basketball court if I'm tired!

I am not jealous of Manu, his wife is not hot at all for one. :lol And number 2, I love my life...wish I were a tad bit younger again, but other than that, I am good. :)

Man, you have his picture in your avitar and you get all bent out of shape because Manu has no reason to play poorly because he is tired....I think someone has some man love for Manu...not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

Chill out....I can write you a Rx for some Zanex if you need me to.

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
:dramaquee Give me a fucking break Jim! There are millions of people out there that have a harder life than you, and that doesn't take away the fact that sometimes YOU'LL BE TIRED TOO!

This whole thing reeks of some deep seeded jealous bullshit you seem to have pent up. Yeah, they eat better than you, then travel better than you, they drive better cars than you and the probably fuck better looking women as well!... Guess what? They're still subject to the same fucking pain as any other man out there.

Ok, we get it, you don't feel sorry for them. Nobody is asking you to, and that still doesn't change the fact that them being tired or injured is a very real possibility.

P.S. and before you go on with the "Manu fan" bullshit I know is coming...

Dude, I thought we were buddies...why are you being so mean to me today.... :depressed

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Dude, I thought we were buddies...why are you being so mean to me today.... :depressed
Not personal Jim. Its for argument sake :toast

Ask whottt, he knows what I'm talking about :lol

Trust me, I've been here long enough to know what kind of person you are bro :tu I just disagree with you on this one, is all.

2centsworth
12-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Manu is done. Tony is better.

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Not personal Jim. Its for argument sake :toast

Ask whottt, he knows what I'm talking about :lol

Trust me, I've been here long enough to know what kind of person you are bro :tu I just disagree with you on this one, is all.

I know, I was just in a contrarian mood today. I actually agree with you guys....just wanted to play devil's advocate.

:p:

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Manu is done. Tony is better.http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e289/doctor_roxtar/mob1.jpg

HERESY!!!!

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 12:20 PM
we will agree to disagree and leave it at that.

see above post.

2centsworth
12-14-2007, 12:28 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e289/doctor_roxtar/mob1.jpg

HERESY!!!!
happy you got a kick out of that.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Give it a rest...your really starting to sound like a moron. Have you played ever played a physical sport?

And Manu is my favorite player..but I'm not a homer, I'm not going to say he can't do no wrong because he has sucked the last two games!

Your entire argument is that he makes millions so he can't be tired And he has only played 4 games in 8 days?

I know, I was just in a contrarian mood today. I actually agree with you guys....just wanted to play devil's advocate.

:p:

nkdlunch
12-14-2007, 01:54 PM
rest the whole damn team till January. bring in the toros!

bdubya
12-14-2007, 02:04 PM
It is said that Manu's forefinger of his left hand hasn't been recovered since December 2nd.

Holy shit - I'd say he needs more than just rest. Did they look under the seats? Probably too late to reattach it anyway.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Holy shit - I'd say he needs more than just rest. Did they look under the seats? Probably too late to reattach it anyway.:lol

johnpaulwall21
12-14-2007, 02:15 PM
lol at people thinking he could lead a team by himself as a franchise player,... once the defenses from other teams focus on him, he doesnt have the super manu type of performances..and the excuse from manu fans is that he is tired and injured... he can play robin pretty good but he wont ever be Batman

romain.star
12-14-2007, 04:32 PM
I will never say Manu is as good as Duncan or be the franchise player that he Duncan is..but if Duncan was getting triple teamed he wouldn't be doing that much either.

And him playing with bad index finger on his shooting hand doesn't affect his performance at all?

Take away Parker and Manu even though we still have Duncan we aren't winning anything. Duncan will always be the Franchise but when "Parker and Manu start having phenomenal games" they can be considered and that category too!

The sad thing here is that you guys from Manu Land don't treat every spurs players equally... (except manumaniac)

Manu is having 2 horrible games in a row? He is tired and plays with a bad index finger...

You wouldn't try so hard to find excuses to Tony or Bruce would you?
You will never admit it but all you care about is Manu, Manu and Manu again...
He is my favorite player after TD but i'm sick of those numerous and biased ''Manu for MVP'' threads right after a good game from Manu.

Therefore, I just don't think you guys are real Spurs fans (although most of you love to pretend to be Spurs fans since D Rob or Gervin)

2centsworth
12-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Manu is a better than average bench player. Tony and Tim are way better.

romain.star
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Don't make assumations about people when you don't know them. It makes you look like ass!

Another thing everytime a SPurs player has good game there are threads about him.

Look at the threads after: Bonners performance..look at threads about Bowen. And there has been plenty of threads about Tony for MVP before the last 3 games!

One last thing I don't start these threads...and like I give a shit if you or anyone else thinks I'm a Spurs fan!

i was not talking about you in particular... and of course it's not like 100% of the posters here are members of the Church of Manu.

But I just find it unfair and irritating when guys who only care about one player come here to praise Manu and to bash others (mostlyTony) while keeping on pretending to be real Spurs fans...

Lately, they have benn quite numerous on ST.

greens
12-14-2007, 07:38 PM
How do you know that ?
Manu hasn't said that he was tired and he his injury seems to be very slight.

Maybe Manu's index finger got worse in the last two games(Lakers/GS)? Kind of like Tony still playing on bad ankles, then now finally seating out for the next few games because it got worse...

Hard Fall For Ginobili
Duncan wasn’t the only Spur who got banged up during the game against the Blazers. Manu Ginobili landed hard after going up for a layup in the first quarter. Ginobili stretched ligaments in his left index finger and the injury obviously bothered him for the rest of the game. In 23 minutes, the Argentine guard finished with 11 points on 2-for-8 shooting from the field.

source:
http://www.woai.com/content/sports/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=ac1a9991-b235-4468-8dad-0b13cd54e958

When asked about his hurt shooting finger, this is Manu's video interview after the Dallas/Spurs game, he says "I didn't shoot that well...I could get to the rim...but shooting wise, I didn't have that great night...I don't know if it was for the finger or just an off night..." Link to the video clip below:
http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=5537f467-ba29-4ba8-a4e4-a73b3a9b7daf

Then again, no one really knows what the issue is...It could be that he's still hurting, or perhaps inconsistency...

BonnerDynasty
12-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Manu is a better than average bench player. Tony and Tim are way better.

No way is Tony better than Manu. Manu can change an entire game without scoring 1 point.

2centsworth
12-14-2007, 07:46 PM
No way is Tony better than Manu. Manu can change an entire game without scoring 1 point.
I appreciate them equally. I'm just messing around. As a matter of fact, I appreciate all my spurs.

Bruno
12-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Maybe Manu's index finger got worse in the last two games(Lakers/GS)? Kind of like Tony still playing on bad ankles, then now finally seating out for the next few games because it got worse...

Hard Fall For Ginobili
Duncan wasn’t the only Spur who got banged up during the game against the Blazers. Manu Ginobili landed hard after going up for a layup in the first quarter. Ginobili stretched ligaments in his left index finger and the injury obviously bothered him for the rest of the game. In 23 minutes, the Argentine guard finished with 11 points on 2-for-8 shooting from the field.

source:
http://www.woai.com/content/sports/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=ac1a9991-b235-4468-8dad-0b13cd54e958

When asked about his hurt shooting finger, this is Manu's video interview after the Dallas/Spurs game, he says "I didn't shoot that well...I could get to the rim...but shooting wise, I didn't have that great night...I don't know if it was for the finger or just an off night..." Link to the video clip below:
http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=5537f467-ba29-4ba8-a4e4-a73b3a9b7daf

Then again, no one really knows what the issue is...It could be that he's still hurting, or perhaps inconsistency...

These quotes are quite old, the latest on Manu's finger was :
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA121207_SpursNotes.en.9220b0c.html

Still swollen: Ginobili is puzzled as to why his left hand is still swollen and sore, but has no plans to sit out any games.

“I don't know why (it is swollen),” he said.” It shouldn't be hurting, but the good thing is once it gets warm, after dribbling and shooting a lot, it gets better. But when I'm cold before games it is a little sore.”

The injury seems to be very slight.

I fully agree with your conclusion : we don't know why Manu was quite bad during these last two games.

Cherry
12-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Manu will be ok.
But he need Tim and Tony :depressed

BigBigSpur
12-15-2007, 12:56 AM
The sad thing here is that you guys from Manu Land don't treat every spurs players equally... (except manumaniac)

Manu is having 2 horrible games in a row? He is tired and plays with a bad index finger...

You wouldn't try so hard to find excuses to Tony or Bruce would you?
You will never admit it but all you care about is Manu, Manu and Manu again...
He is my favorite player after TD but i'm sick of those numerous and biased ''Manu for MVP'' threads right after a good game from Manu.

Therefore, I just don't think you guys are real Spurs fans (although most of you love to pretend to be Spurs fans since D Rob or Gervin)

Don't guess that subjectively. I'm not from Argentina. Ironically, I'm from Yao's hometown, Shanghai, China. Still, there are a lot of Manu fans in China. How can a player from such a faraway country get our respect? Just for his effort and resoluteness.

You may say I'm just a Manu fan, not a Spurs fan. But I will tell you, I support Spurs from 2001, in which year Manu was still in the Euroleague. I don't just care for Manu. I just want you to treat Manu with justice. Manu is human, he can not lead the team without Tim or Tony when he is not sound.

You can distort what I said. But I will never change my stand. For the sake of Spurs, they can't do so well as the start when Manu is exhausted.

P.S. I never say that "Manu for MVP". After all, champion comes first. And for last few games, what I saw is not only the 37P6A, but also Elson's block,the great performance of Matt, Bruce, Fabri, Brent and Micheal. For our great team!

ChumpDumper
12-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Manu sucked.

TheAuthority
12-15-2007, 04:29 AM
He's looked REAL bad the last 2 games. Might have something to do with the other teams focusing on him and throwing doubles and triples at him. Which may account for all those damned turnovers...wow!

Don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so.

remingtonbo2001
12-15-2007, 12:25 PM

There are different levels of exhaustion. Manu, similar to other athletes, goes through various levels of physical exhaustion, not to mention the wear and tear he may encounter later in life. We must also consider practice, weight training, studying game film, ect. The dentist however may expierence mental exhaustion, as well, optical strain and a minor strain in his hands.
Holding a vibrating drill is no easy task. The amount of focus that is required in any medical profession is usually superior to MOST other professions.
I'm not saying one is more exhausting than the other, but each has their own level of exhaustion, therefore making a blanket judgment is kinda ignorant.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-15-2007, 12:27 PM
There are different levels of exhaustion. Manu, similar to other athletes, goes through various levels of physical exhaustion, not to mention the wear and tear he may encounter later in life. We must also consider practice, weight training, studying game film, ect. The dentist however may expierence mental exhaustion, as well, optical strain and a minor strain in his hands.
Holding a vibrating drill is no easy task. The amount of focus that is required in any medical profession is usually superior to MOST other professions.
I'm not saying one is more exhausting than the other, but each has their own level of exhaustion, therefore making a blanket judgment is kinda ignorant.
read the thread over again and come talk to me about who was making the blanket judgment, k?

besides, Jim already admitted to just being contrary on purpose

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-15-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't think Manu was tired. Just played horribly out of sync, making stupid turnovers, passing when he shouldn't, and playing tentatively. He was too self-aware on the court, I think. In other words, he just sucked, regardless of the variables. He had open shots, he would miss. And made stupid passes he normally doesn't make.

Don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so.

The last two games don't prove anything. You're trying to have it both ways. You can't say, "two 37 point games don't prove he's a franchise player" (which had their fair share of triple teams) while saying "Two horrible games proves he isn't" you weren't proven or disproven from these last two games.
The sampling is too small to make any conclusions.

Manu had the same triple and double teams going at him for four games.
Two games against elite teams, with good defensive pieces, with a hampered Tony. One game against a mediocre team without an inside presence, with a hampered Tony. And one game against a mediocre team WITH an inside presence without a hampered Tony.
Don't get me started on the control groups being a crappy Vaughn, a hot streaking Finley, and Coach Pop's questionable rotations.
So Manu had two games at his relative best getting wins against two teams we shouldn't have won against. And two games at his worst, against teams we still potentially could have dispatched.
In conclusion, Manu sucks at the scientific method. :lol

mookie2001
12-15-2007, 04:30 PM

he was throwing passes directly to defenders

i dont understand it either

just more proof that parker is better

mookie2001
12-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Manu sucked.yeah no joke and people say they wouldnt trade him for kobe

2centsworth
12-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I think the Truth is Manu was not willing to give the energy necessary to win those games. Considering it's early in the year, I don't blame him. Tim does this all the time. It's a long freakin season.

romain.star
12-15-2007, 05:53 PM
dipshit don't bring up the Tony vs Manu shit..it's getting pretty old! They are both great for the team and if you can't realize that get lost!

Manu and Tony don't compete against each other and they are equally important. Without either of them this team isn't going to win a title.

If you can't appreciate Manu or Tony then you sir are a moron!

100% right Adam

However, would you reply to a post stating that Manu is better than Tony?
The answer is no... So please don't be hypocritical cause you certainly don't think that "they are equally important"

TMTTRIO
12-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Manu will be fine. He probably just needs to go back to coming off the bench :)

thispego
12-15-2007, 08:20 PM
dipshit don't bring up the Tony vs Manu shit..it's getting pretty old! They are both great for the team and if you can't realize that get lost!

Manu and Tony don't compete against each other and they are equally important. Without either of them this team isn't going to win a title.

If you can't appreciate Manu or Tony then you sir are a moron!
so because many has been playing bad hes better than parker?

TMTTRIO
12-15-2007, 10:46 PM
The way he's been playing the last few games I'd rather him not play for a couple of games. Ugh I can't even stand watching on court right now. He's being non aggressive and is making stupid decisions. :pctoss :pctoss :depressed :depressed

rascal
12-17-2007, 02:50 PM
The spurs should have traded him after those two 37 point games. Manu has and will always be an inconsistent player and therefore will never again make an all star team after his gift apperance a couple years ago.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
TheRascality

smeagol
12-17-2007, 03:02 PM
The spurs should have traded him after those two 37 point games. Manu has and will always be an inconsistent player and therefore will never again make an all star team after his gift apperance a couple years ago.
Spoken like a true Spurs fan!

ArgSpursFan.
12-17-2007, 03:56 PM

Yeah,let´s trade his ass to the Suns for Barboza or to the Mavs for Howard......

........................That way eather Phoenix or Dallas finally are able to win a championship.

smeagol
12-17-2007, 04:10 PM
we should definitely trade Manu for You! I mean you sound like a great gifted basketball player, which is definitely what the Spurs need on the team.

Do you even have a brain?
The guy usually hangs from one of VC's nut. The other nut is occupied by TheAuthority and Sequ.

m33p0
12-18-2007, 01:12 AM

yeah.... right. you mind if i ignore anymore of your posts, would you?

asababy
12-18-2007, 10:12 AM
manu needs rest ,but i think popo will still use him until parker back!
good luck , manu!

TMTTRIO
12-19-2007, 12:55 AM
It sounds like he's tired and needs some rest but it also sounds like his shooting hand is still really bothering him. When Tony comes back I think we should rest him a game or two.

NBA: Other Spurs stars' injuries wear out Ginobili

Web Posted: 12/18/2007 11:24 PM CST

Jeff McDonald
San Antonio Express-News

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Manu Ginobili's brain tells him he has only played seven games since the start of December, same as any other healthy Spurs player. The calendar concurs.
Ginobili's aching body tells him he's played many more than that.

With an ankle sprain epidemic separately striking down his two most prominent Spurs teammates — first Tim Duncan, then Tony Parker — the pressure has been on Ginobili to be the Band-Aid for the Spurs' offense.

It has made for a wearisome 21/2 weeks for Ginobili, in which seven games have felt like 14.

"I am having to play more minutes and to try to do more," Ginobili said. "Everything requires double the effort."

The Spurs, still shorthanded in Memphis tonight, are hoping Ginobili can shake off the funk that seems to have engulfed him since the team's last road trip.

It will be Duncan's third game back from an ankle injury that cost him four. It will be Parker's fourth game missed while nursing his own sore ankle.

The Spurs have not played a full game with both of their 2007 All-Stars this month. Instead, they have had to lean on a 2005 All-Star — Ginobili — to try and pick up the slack.

In a strange twist, injuries to Duncan and Parker have taken a toll on the one Spurs star who remains relatively healthy.

Ginobili was transcendent in the first two games with Duncan out, producing consecutive 37-point nights to ignite victories over Dallas and Utah.

In the four games since, Ginobili has struggled to recreate that magic. He is averaging a respectable 14 points but is shooting a woeful 26 percent from the field.

The Spurs were 1-3 in that span.

If you ask Ginobili, there is a good reason he isn't playing as well now as he was two weeks ago.

"I don't feel as good as I did two weeks ago," Ginobili said. "I feel tired."

Trying to carry a team for six games will do that, especially to a player not accustomed to the workload that has him playing 33.2 minutes per game in that stretch.

Throughout his career, Ginobili has never averaged more than 29.6 minutes a game.

Against Dallas and Utah, he demonstrated the kind of gaudy numbers he can put up if given a full night's work. Since then, he has showed what can happen when the minutes — and bruises — pile up.

There was the 4-of-14 night marred by five turnovers in a loss at Golden State. A 5-of-17 clankfest in another loss to the Lakers that included seven turnovers. A 4-of-11 effort in a victory over Denver.

In Monday's 100-95 loss to Phoenix, Ginobili finished with 18 points but only made 6 of 19 shots and had a costly turnover on the final possession.

In addition to simple fatigue, Ginobili says the left hand contusion he suffered in a Dec. 2 collision with Portland's James Jones still bothers him.

For now, however, coach Gregg Popovich doesn't see any need to keep Ginobili off the floor.

"He hasn't expressed anything like that," Popovich said. "He's healthy. That's the most important thing."

What Ginobili could use, even more than a night off, is a team at full strength.

Ever since his twin 37-point outbursts, defenses have been more cognizant of his whereabouts, vying to keep him from his favorite scoring spots.

"Before, they were worried about Tony and Tim," Robert Horry said. "Now it's Manu, more than Tony and Tim. Everybody is playing us like that."

Duncan, back and returning to form, should help.

And with Parker tentatively due to rejoin Duncan in the lineup before the end of the week, the Spurs are set to suit up a full complement of All-Stars for the first time since November.

Ginobili's aching body can hardly wait.

BigBigSpur
12-19-2007, 03:33 AM
Yeah, I saw this,too.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA121907.01D.BKN_Ginobili_Slide.en.28ce03b.html
In addition to simple fatigue, Ginobili says the left hand contusion he suffered in a Dec. 2 collision with Portland's James Jones still bothers him.

Who said I talked nonsense can shut up now.

greens
12-19-2007, 04:37 AM
Yeah, I saw this,too.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA121907.01D.BKN_Ginobili_Slide.en.28ce03b.html

Who said I talked nonsense can shut up now.

Yup, I also mentioned earlier in this thread that maybe his left shooting hand is still bothering him...It sounds like it's gotten a bit worse.

And he's definitely tired...

The Manu we've seen in the last 3 games is not the same Manu when he's a 100%.